Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 7 - Episode 5  (Read 47592 times)

shake

Season 7 - Episode 5
« on: May 06, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Post your ep comments here.  Please post/look for torrents in this thread...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=7490.0

AaronfromWpg.

Re: Season 7 - Episode 5
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 08:09 PM »
my mts preview says [spoiler]"a dope-smuggling scheme is hatched;Jacob is missing"[/spoiler]

shake

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 08:21 PM »
Phil's other son's name is Tom Collins :)

"Lord of the onion rings" - Bubbles

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Not many funny parts in this episode. Not as much as the last 2 anyway.
Kind of weird that they tried to replace Cory and Trevor with those dumb looking idiots and I don't find Jacob acting like Julian that funny... just stupid, there's got to be something up with that :?

I liked some of the new Rickyisms like ASAT :lol:

[spoiler]
Interesting ending. My guess is that's where Conky was buried/drowned and that's where Bubs will find him.
[/spoiler]
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

shake

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 08:33 PM »
Ha ha Sam singing “Pretty Lady”.  That’s a song from 1973 by the Canadian group Lighthouse.  Big piece of chicken in his beard :)

Dr.Holloway

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 08:34 PM »
How do you guys rate the episode without giving away any spoilers?

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 08:48 PM »
The last 2 episodes for me have been quite strange, I'm not sure how to take them in just yet so I'll save any evaluation on them until I've seen the whole season.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

aalong64

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Hi everyone, this is my first post, I've been a big fan of the show since 2003 but I just got around to registering here now.

I might accidentally have a spoiler or two in this post, so if you haven't seen the episode you probably shouldn't read it.

I liked this episode plenty more than the last one. The first thing I noticed was that Bubbles was, or at least seemed, back to normal (apart from that whole "I didn't steal the train" bit). I didn't like how he seemed to be going crazy in the last episode.
The only thing that seemed odd was when Ricky offered him the drink and he said "You read my mind, Ricky" or something like that; it seemed more like Ray or Lahey than Bubbles, maybe just cause of it was just the way he said it.

I liked the group interviews, that reminded me very much of the early seasons.  :D

I'm really glad they acknowledged the attempt at replacing Cory and Trevor, and Ricky's assertion that these new guys could never be as good as those two. That made me really happy, cause I was thinking the exact same thing right then. What was that thing he said about Julian yelling at him like Lahey yelled at Randy? I wonder if it has any significance...

Also, now that Jacob's Julian makeover is finished, I don't mind the moustache anymore.

I liked that "Pretty Lady" song in the bar scene. It was pretty funny to see Sam singing like that. I also liked the ending scenes where Barb was drunk and they had to carry her into the trailer. Did they bang her head on the door, or was that just my imagination?  :lol:
After that ending, I really want to see the next episode... It's so hard having to wait a whole week. I just hope they didn't actually get fucked by a bear or something cartoonish like that...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 06:13 AM by aalong64 »

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 09:01 PM »
I do have to say Randy's capri pants & socks pulled up did make me chuckle.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Refuckulator

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 09:03 PM »
I have to rewatch this. Its Trailer Park Boys... I know I liked it I'm just unsure if I really loved it like I do with the rest. Was a bit different to me. Bubbles was way different and so was Ricky.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Not a big fan of Phil's overacting.  It just seems forced.  This was definitely the low point of the season so far.  Very unimpressed. 

With the shot at the end, I got that feeling I got when the puppet episode was on.  That pissed me off.

Did they hire a bear to pretend to eat Jacob, and the two dum dums?  This better not be the way the rest of the season is going.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Refuckulator

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 09:11 PM »
Not a big fan of Phil's overacting.  It just seems forced.  This was definitely the low point of the season so far.  Very unimpressed. 

With the shot at the end, I got that feeling I got when the puppet episode was on.  That pissed me off.

Did they hire a bear to pretend to eat Jacob, and the two dum dums?  This better not be the way the rest of the season is going.

Gotta agree with you. I'm really hoping something realistic happens in the next one. I really don't want to see a horned up bear making love to the roostercock dick.
Its obvious who most likely will be back in the next one but they better do something realistic with it at least! Its going to be hard to bring him back that way though!
I fucking HATED Tom Collins. To me he seemed like an actor trying way to hard with his stupid fucking reactions and shit. I was hoping Julian would punch his face in.
I have major mixed reactions about this.

TyLeR420

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 09:22 PM »
Havent watched the episode  Not available to download yet. But wow sad to read these comments on the show:(.. hmmm im hoping it isent as bad as people are saying.. I guess their running out of ideas or something idk..It seems i ejoy the episodes more after watching them more then once i dont like them as much watching them for the first time around.. never been that way on the other seasons but ugh.. Just dont know..

Dr.Holloway

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Any torrent yet?

shake

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 09:58 PM »
Yes there is one in the TORRENT thread  :P

I got a kick out of Jacob and his mustard glass, only pop in it.

Inflatable Elvis

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 10:03 PM »
I loved that part

Thomas Collins: You regret the day you messed with Philadelphia Collins and sons
Ricky: Philadelphia?
Thomas Collins: Yeah Philadelphia
Bubbles (talking to camera): It looks like he ate Philadelphia

:D

I rate this episode: 8.5 out of 10
~Inflatable Elvis~

Jacob:  "Bammmmmmm"
Phil Collins: "Peanut Butter and Jaaaammm"
Mr. Lahey: "What the fuck are you doing, Phil?"
------------------------
Bubbles (Phil Collins burps, while Bubbles preforms CPR) "Jesus Christ! Phil exploded"

Refuckulator

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 10:14 PM »
Just about to re-watch it now and go to bed.
Talk to you all tomorrow! :)

zendez33

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 11:16 PM »
Good episode ... but they left us hanging ..... Last episode Bubbles was loosing it and now he's fine so don't get that.....cant wait till next Sunday

Flying Carpets

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Can we have one fucking thread where someone doesn't bitch about Bubbles being "too different"? Thank you.

bradx

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 11:51 PM »
barb laheys finest performance.

prediction: when they pull out the monte carlo conky will be in it

trailerchick

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 12:13 AM »
meh.....

It had it's moments but they were few and far between. I'm really not sure how I'm feelin about this season so far...

stopstearinatmygut

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 12:15 AM »
Good episode ... but they left us hanging ..... Last episode Bubbles was loosing it and now he's fine so don't get that.....cant wait till next Sunday

i don't think he's fine, i think that somehow conky is resurfacing as some sort of makeshift split personality made up of bubbles inner deamons, as he was saying he doesnt condone criminal acts of what have you....i liked this episode this season is great

TyLeR420

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 12:37 AM »
Hmm.. I dunno bout this one.. The laugh factor faded as the episode went on. Oh well its trailer park boys and i still love it. I also liek the fact that maine keeps being brought back up into the story...Cant wait till next weeks episode for sure! :6paper: :6paper:

David Heisel

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 01:11 AM »
Looks like the police station is running smoothly without Ted and George around... the K9 officer was eating out of the garbage and there was a pistol magazine and bullets laying in the parking lot.

I didn't particularly like Tom Collins either, coming in and acting all hard with the boys.  I have a feeling he is going to get fucked over big time by Ricky and Julian very soon.

Anyone else notice that the trunk of the abandoned Monte Carlo was open and there was another flipped car next to it in the lake?  Makes me think they didnt crash it, but it was pushed in, maybe after being emptied?  Maybe that video camera they took will turn up with evidence of what happened.

Anyone else think it felt like the first part of a 2 part episode... like it should of said "to be continued" at the end?  I think it will all make sense next week.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 01:22 AM by David Heisel »
Smoking much dope lately boys? You guys are fucked!

Smokey McDoob

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 01:24 AM »
The first coupla minutes was great.  Bubs sayin "DE-E-ECENT!" reminded me of bein a kid in the 70's: 

Decent! - Pretty good.
DE-cent! - Excellent!
DE-E-ECENT! - Unbelievable!

Then the model train bong hits deal was pretty funny...and the shot where the train+bong goes past and a light goes on in Julian's head was classic.

After that...the rest of the show seemed like a setup for the next show.  That's cool, except there's only what, 12 eppy's or so this season so I'd prefer more funny and less drama per ep, especially if this is going to be the last season.