Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 7 - Episode 4  (Read 37218 times)

Godzone

Re: Season 7 - Episode 4
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2007, 10:13 AM »

There Were New Hampshire plates on the cars in the restaurant Parking lot NOT Maine
It was 240 on the side of the truck not 420

It had both  :D

The 240 appeared on the door:

The 420 on the trailer:

Awesome episode!! The opening scene was a classic.

Have to admit, I'm not a fan of Sebastian Bach.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:17 AM by Godzone »

delta-9

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Watch where you're stepping there's fucking frogs in here again. :lol: :ricky: :6paper:

Shitty Liam

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2007, 02:11 PM »
Great episode, as usual. I don't think I liked it quite as much as three though.

Highlights were:

- Ricky shouting at the family getting searched.
 - The fact that the Shitmobile didn't get searched.
 - Ricky with bugs all over his face.
 - Bubbles getting drunk and then going crazy.

The way I see it is, Bubbles has been through a lot with the boys, and Ray getting arrested finally pushed him over the edge, he snapped.

Brilliant stuff.
"Life's not fair, Sam. This is real time, not cave time"

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Ok, I stayed away from this thread (sorta) until I'd seen episode 4 twice.  The first time I watched, I was in such a sour mood that it struck me as horrible.  But, since then I removed the rather large stick from ass and watched it again.  It was quite funny.  Sebastian reminds me of a chic in my office (look, mannerisms, talk, everything).

I like the idea that the boys set up camp in the parking lot.  That alone sent me into a giggle fit (the second time around, mind you.)  Love it.   :D

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2007, 07:37 PM »
........... I like the idea that the boys set up camp in the parking lot......

That and Julian splittin' wood - with a mixed drink in his hand - to toss on the campfire in the parking lot that was made in the bbq was just tooooo funny.  I gotta say it again ..... who thinks of this shit lol.

bradx

« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2007, 09:47 PM »
hmm i think sebastian bach did his screen test for the show back in the 80s already...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlL5X8toXmw
also...
hello we are scorpions-rock you like a hurricane!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vni_sBAlg3Q
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 09:52 PM by bradx »

shake

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2007, 09:58 PM »
hmm i think sebastian bach did his screen test for the show back in the 80s already...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlL5X8toXmw

Excellent.  He is fucking cool :)

slam420

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2007, 10:45 PM »
hot hamburg sandwiches

In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey.  The monkey will spank us.

Joe Lahey

• Location: I Ain't Straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the Trailer
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2007, 08:44 AM »

There Were New Hampshire plates on the cars in the restaurant Parking lot NOT Maine
It was 240 on the side of the truck not 420
Bubbles didn't put any money into the pay phone to make the call Collect Call?

The truck did say 420.  In black electrical tape.  Ever hear of tourists.  People from NH are allowed to eat at a fake diner.
I guess my post sounded  a little too negative, not intentional just pointing out a couple of continuity issues nothing too big. But it was a little surprising to see the only cars out front be 3-4 New Hampshire cars lined up out front of a diner thats suppose to be at least 250 miles away. Sorry
Sam Losco is tough on crime

Shit machine gun

« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2007, 09:11 AM »
no prob, but it was filmed in NS so I don't know why they had more NH cars.

we're cool, and I didn't see the 240 on the truck so we were both right there.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

maddog

« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2007, 11:30 AM »
i wonder who's Guenna bail officers cocknuckels and dicklock out of the joint?

Hofy

« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2007, 01:21 PM »
Episode 4 was awsomer.  I guess I am biased though.
I work for a Canadian Railroad.
I also got to meet Sebastian years ago when he was touring with Skid Row.
He is a very nice down to earth guy.  I wonder if he is a big fan of the Boys like Alex Lifeson?

Mr Lahey

« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2007, 02:30 PM »
Episode 4 was the shittest episode I have ever seen. Can't imagine myself wanting to watching it again.

Really disappointing after the brilliant episode 3. There was just very little funny in ep 04. Get Phil Collins/Randy/Lahey back in. The boys weren't even funny here.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Apparently you all didn't get the memo.  They don't have to be funny 100% of the time.  This season is playing out just like s5 with the long storyline arc.  Let the fucking story develop and hopefully you enjoy the season as a whole.

If not, the Everybody Loves Raymond reruns are on every night.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

bradx

« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2007, 07:09 PM »
ha i think i laughed more watching this episode than any other.  bubbles at his finest.

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2007, 10:02 AM »
Ep 4 was pretty good!

I've never been a big fan of Conky -- I'm hoping he doesn't make a comeback.  Bubbles is certainly losing his mind in one way or another, though!

Sebastian Bach was brilliant! 

"We are scorpions!  Rock you like a huricaaaaaine!"
"Sebastian....."
"What the fuck!?!?"

I loved how the boys camped out right in the middle of the parking lot and when it was time to go they just drove off with the tarps still attached to the car, fire still going etc.

Looking forward to this Sunday!!

The Masked Shit Tornado

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2007, 02:47 PM »
Bubbles slowly losing his mind is awesome.

Shane2smokes

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2007, 01:13 AM »
Great episode. The scene where the family is getting searched at the boarder for me has been the funniest part in the whole season so far. :6paper:

Mall_cop

• Smashwords Author's Page
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2007, 05:50 PM »
If not, the Everybody Loves Raymond reruns are on every night.

:congrats:

Agreed, SMG. The beauty of this show is its subtle touches, not the slapstick, bad puns, obvious humour you can predict a mile away in other shows. Sebastien Bach's Scorpions rant was hilarious. Weird ep, but I am willing to see where the story goes...

aalong64

« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2007, 08:55 PM »
This episode seemed kinda weird to me. Bubbles' behaviour, IMO, was too creepy and ominous.
I didn't mind Sebastian Bach, and the border scenes were funny.
The main thing I didn't like was that it seemed too, I dunno, lowbrow or "mainstream" or something. There were many clever and funny parts, but there was something about it that felt off, to me-- maybe it was the Simpsons-style "play different music over the credits to fit the events of the episode" thing, or maybe it was because so much of the episode was set so far from the park. Maybe subconsciously I didn't like the idea of the boys going South of the border, because I've always been proud of the show's Canadianness.

Also, I actually like model trains myself, and I was sort of disappointed at how unrealistically the hobby was portrayed. I know that sounds silly, but there were a lot of little things that sort of made me think they didn't bother to do much research. On the other hand, I doubt that was a big concern of theirs anyway--if anything I believe the intention was more to make fun of the hobby, rather than appeal to the train fans. Oh well, overall it was still alot better than other TV shows. ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:05 PM by aalong64 »

Flying Carpets

« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2007, 12:16 PM »
This episode seemed kinda weird to me. Bubbles' behaviour, IMO, was too creepy and ominous.
I didn't mind Sebastian Bach much, and the border scenes were funny.
The main thing I didn't like was that it seemed too, I dunno, lowbrow and... (this sounds lame, but) "mainstream". There were many clever and funny parts, but there was something about it that felt wrong to me-- maybe it was the fact that they did a Simpsons-style "play different music over the credits to fit the events of the episode" thing, or maybe it was because so much of the episode was set so far from the park. Maybe subconsciously I didn't like the idea of the boys going South of the border, because I've always been proud of the show's Canadianness.

Also, I actually like model trains myself, and I was sort of disappointed at how unrealistically the hobby was portrayed. I know that sounds silly, but there were a lot of little things that sort of made me think they didn't do much research, if any.
I doubt that was a big concern of theirs though; if anything I believe the intention was more to make fun of the hobby, rather than appeal to the train fans. Oh well, overall it was still better than other TV shows. ;)

To my memory, they've played different music during the closing credits twice before, once in "Closer the the Heart" and another time where they played "Trailer Park Life" or something to that effect. Also, technically, they never were in the States. None of it was shot across the border.

gdarockdj

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Julian really does look alot like Patrick Swayze you know!

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2007, 11:47 AM »
I want to hear what you folks in the US think about this episode, since most of the story took place in Maine.

I thought it was funny that there was a picture of Bush in the background everywhere they went. :lol: And I laughed at Jool's freaking out before they got to the border.

"Are they that crazy down there ?!"

"Yeah Ricky, they are that crazy !"
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't like Sebastian Bach though. Should have gotten Joe Walsh to do it :lol:

I loved the whole Ray & Bubbs "goin' down to Maine" road trip buddy plot. Very fresh and funny !!  :lol:
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2007, 12:05 PM »
I want to hear what you folks in the US think about this episode, since most of the story took place in Maine.

I thought it was funny that there was a picture of Bush in the background everywhere they went. :lol: And I laughed at Jool's freaking out before they got to the border.

"Are they that crazy down there ?!"

"Yeah Ricky, they are that crazy !"
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't like Sebastian Bach though. Should have gotten Joe Walsh to do it :lol:

I loved the whole Ray & Bubbs "goin' down to Maine" road trip buddy plot. Very fresh and funny !!  :lol:

Julian said "See this Ricky, that could've landed us in jail for 10 years!" (holding up weed)

Ricky said "Are they that fucked down there??"

Julian said "They're fucked!!!"

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2007, 12:12 PM »
yeah that's the one ! :lol:

We are that fucked down here. You get less time in jail for rape. :o

Thanks for the correction JL Ricky. I have ingested mind altering chemicals since watching the episode. :stonedeyes: :drooling:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:14 PM by SgtMeowsteen »
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey