Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 7 - Episode 3  (Read 51692 times)

Fucking Dump Bees

Re: Season seven - Episode three
« Reply #100 on: Apr 24, 2007, 01:12 PM »
This may or may not have been mentioned already, i only glanced through the first couple of pages of this thread, but what's the deal with Jacob ? The vibe i got from e3 was that he wants Julian's arse. Why is there so much gayness going on in that trailer park (not that there's anything wrong with that). Everyone wants Julian, it seems. It's quite funny though.

like someone said, its not neccesarly gayness but more of just infatuation. wants to be like his protege or something.
Fuck Off, I've got work to do.

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #101 on: Apr 24, 2007, 01:25 PM »
I don't think Jacob is gay at all.  He just really looks up to Julian and wants to be like him.

Julian is fucking cool, after all.

chips`lets`go

« Reply #102 on: Apr 24, 2007, 01:43 PM »
you both could be right, as i said, it was just a vibe i picked up.. but you have to admit, it wouldn't be too far fetched for that to be the case  :julian:

I love the way they're mixing the drama with the comedy and rapidly progressing storyline this season. Ep 1 starts off slow, with a hint of comedy but more laying the foundation for the new season, then ep2 comes in with more of jroc's trademark humour, more rickyisms, the truth about lucy's unborn baby etc. Then out comes ep 3 with some (IMO) welcome ridiculous violence out of nowhere, the twist of crooked cops being stood down, yet still mixing some serious laughs into it.

The whole episode was a crack-up, but my favourite part would probably be close to the start, when Ray was driving through the park with Jacob. I was looking at Lahey's old car thinking 'fuck that thing is screwed now', then Ray ploughs it into the tree, ripping the door skin off.. that made me 'lol' more than anything. Maybe i'm insane though.
"b17 bomber stuck to my bird"

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #103 on: Apr 24, 2007, 02:07 PM »
you both could be right, as i said, it was just a vibe i picked up.. but you have to admit, it wouldn't be too far fetched for that to be the case  :julian:

I love the way they're mixing the drama with the comedy and rapidly progressing storyline this season. Ep 1 starts off slow, with a hint of comedy but more laying the foundation for the new season, then ep2 comes in with more of jroc's trademark humour, more rickyisms, the truth about lucy's unborn baby etc. Then out comes ep 3 with some (IMO) welcome ridiculous violence out of nowhere, the twist of crooked cops being stood down, yet still mixing some serious laughs into it.

The whole episode was a crack-up, but my favourite part would probably be close to the start, when Ray was driving through the park with Jacob. I was looking at Lahey's old car thinking 'fuck that thing is screwed now', then Ray ploughs it into the tree, ripping the door skin off.. that made me 'lol' more than anything. Maybe i'm insane though.

I thought the scene when Ray plows into the tree was friggin' hilarious, too!  I watched it probably about 6 times.  Then he acts like it's no big deal and just asks Jacob to help him push it back into place.

chips`lets`go

« Reply #104 on: Apr 24, 2007, 02:18 PM »
I thought the scene when Ray plows into the tree was friggin' hilarious, too!  I watched it probably about 6 times.  Then he acts like it's no big deal and just asks Jacob to help him push it back into place.

haha yes. I love that scene SO much in fact, that i've changed my avatar. (not that you can see it very well), but it's where jacob's ducking for his life, literally, as the panel flies up..

According to the commentary on the season 4 discs i think it was, they have another Lahey car spare, and they were going to work that into the script somehow.. not sure if that's still the case, since they wrecked one in the movie, but i presume the one they flipped in the movie is the one in the current series, thus the lack of roof lol.

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2007, 02:25 PM by chips`lets`go »

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #105 on: Apr 24, 2007, 04:02 PM »
Ya in season 6 I was waiting and waiting for an explanation about the missing roof.... never got one until I saw the movie -- then it made sense.

When I said I re-watched the scene with Ray plowing into the tree, I was partially looking for any hints of cabling or the like.  To me it seems very dangerous for Jacob and I wonder if it was planned more carefully than we're meant to believe.  Not only that, Barrie Dunn would've really only had one chance to hit the tree just right.

EDIT:  I don't remember ever seeing Jacob's name in the credits -- anyone know his real name?
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2007, 04:04 PM by JustLikeRicky »

shake

« Reply #106 on: Apr 24, 2007, 04:20 PM »
Ya in season 6 I was waiting and waiting for an explanation about the missing roof.... never got one until I saw the movie -- then it made sense.

When I said I re-watched the scene with Ray plowing into the tree, I was partially looking for any hints of cabling or the like.  To me it seems very dangerous for Jacob and I wonder if it was planned more carefully than we're meant to believe.  Not only that, Barrie Dunn would've really only had one chance to hit the tree just right.

EDIT:  I don't remember ever seeing Jacob's name in the credits -- anyone know his real name?

Jacob's name is Jacob Rolfe, yeah he is in the credits.

My biggest laugh was Lahey getting his house coat caught on the door, he is a great physical comedian.

I also liked Phil screaming They tried to kill us Jimmy they're dirty cops, and Lahey telling him to shut up.

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #107 on: Apr 24, 2007, 04:29 PM »

Jacob's name is Jacob Rolfe, yeah he is in the credits.

My biggest laugh was Lahey getting his house coat caught on the door, he is a great physical comedian.

I also liked Phil screaming They tried to kill us Jimmy they're dirty cops, and Lahey telling him to shut up.

Now that you mention it..... I DO remember seeing his name in the credits!

stopstearinatmygut

« Reply #108 on: Apr 24, 2007, 05:07 PM »
i thought this episode was one of the best to date, I love the fact that phil collins moved into the park. I also liked how Lahey passed up the liq after almost dying which actually shows alot of growth for his charecter, that and orchastrating the bust of ted and george.

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #109 on: Apr 24, 2007, 06:34 PM »
According to the commentary on the season 4 discs i think it was, they have another Lahey car spare, and they were going to work that into the script somehow.. not sure if that's still the case, since they wrecked one in the movie, but i presume the one they flipped in the movie is the one in the current series, thus the lack of roof lol.

IIRC it was another shitmobile they found not another "Lahey mobile" lol.  Doesn't really matter much as it seems they're begining to look very much alike.

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #110 on: Apr 24, 2007, 06:56 PM »
i thought this episode was one of the best to date, I love the fact that phil collins moved into the park. I also liked how Lahey passed up the liq after almost dying which actually shows alot of growth for his charecter, that and orchastrating the bust of ted and george.

Ya Lahey actually pulled it off for once!

What does Ray have tattoo'd on his hand (while in court)

Flying Carpets

« Reply #111 on: Apr 24, 2007, 07:44 PM »

Tammy.

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #112 on: Apr 24, 2007, 08:06 PM »

Tammy.

Great to know!.... thanks for the shit-tastic reply.

Another question:  What does Bubbles mean when he says at the very end of episode 3 that "he is in charge"?

Foreshadowing?

stopstearinatmygut

« Reply #113 on: Apr 24, 2007, 11:47 PM »

Another question:  What does Bubbles mean when he says at the very end of episode 3 that "he is in charge"?

Foreshadowing?
[/quote]

I think Ray is not quite as capable of running an operation as bubbles is, also bubbles mastermind the whole deal to get ray back on the road, and he prolly doesnt want a drunken ray doing in a rigg what he did with jacob in the car in this ep.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2007, 11:53 PM by stopstearinatmygut »

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #114 on: Apr 25, 2007, 08:16 AM »

I think Ray is not quite as capable of running an operation as bubbles is, also bubbles mastermind the whole deal to get ray back on the road, and he prolly doesnt want a drunken ray doing in a rigg what he did with jacob in the car in this ep.

it wasn't cause he was drunk, that tree was just in the way.

Some guys can drink and drive, some guys can't; there are certain accidents that are gonna happen anyway weather your on drugs and drinking and driving or not. :P
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

Shit machine gun

« Reply #115 on: Apr 25, 2007, 08:38 AM »
Exactly MitchL.  Santa/God whoever has a predispostion and what's gonna happen is gonna happen.  I think Bubbles just wants to be the boss for a change. 
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #116 on: Apr 25, 2007, 09:37 AM »
Sounds like Phil & Randy are gonna be selling cheeseburgers!

golfinwithflames

« Reply #117 on: Apr 25, 2007, 10:25 AM »
Julian is being ultra-nice to Jacob. He doesn't seem bothered at all to receive the adulation. I wonder if that's in response to the news that Cory and Trevor are "ever-never coming back" because of the lifetime of abuse from Ricky (and to a lesser degree, Julian.) And somehow, through being very kind, even nurturing to Jacob, his character is making up for past transgressions.

"How much can you bench-press Julian?"
"A lot, Jacob."

chips`lets`go

« Reply #118 on: Apr 25, 2007, 11:29 AM »
lol @ the scene where lahey is showing ray the bats that will be used to beat him up, as lahey walks away cast your eyes over julian and jacob in the background, as jacob immitates everything that julian is doing.

i also picked up this season that every time randy tries to say something around lahey, lahey always stops him with the 'randy..' comment.. he pretty much interupts anything randy tries to say.

Bubbles: "....Ray this is a no brainer" ........... Ray:  "I don't know what you're talking about Bubbs.." <-- hahah. As always, the more i watch the episodes, the more subtle humour you pick up. Just like Bubbles frantically directing the non-existent traffic while Julian moves lahey on the ride-on mower at a snails pace.
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2007, 11:30 AM by chips`lets`go »

shake

« Reply #119 on: Apr 25, 2007, 11:36 AM »
i also picked up this season that every time randy tries to say something around lahey, lahey always stops him with the 'randy..' comment.. he pretty much interupts anything randy tries to say.

That's being going on for a while now, it started to be really heavily used in season 5.  One of my fav parts of season 7 so far was in ep 2 when Randy was acting up and pounding the wall.  Jim and Barb were both yelling "RANDY!"

Joe Lahey

• Location: I Ain't Straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the Trailer
« Reply #120 on: Apr 25, 2007, 12:46 PM »
cooked crow !

Sounds like something the boys might end up having to eat when things get real bad for them
Sam Losco is tough on crime

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #121 on: Apr 25, 2007, 01:16 PM »

So i geuss that was sams camper since the greasy cave man is back in his caveman jail?
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #122 on: Apr 25, 2007, 01:45 PM »

So i geuss that was sams camper since the greasy cave man is back in his caveman jail?

I don't think Sam went back to jail, did he?  I just remember Lahey telling Sam to "find some water and hose yourself down".

The motorhome does look a lot like Sam's though.  Mind you, Sam DID have a "fore sale" sign on the side of it -- maybe he just sold it to Phil?

Epistä

« Reply #123 on: Apr 25, 2007, 01:50 PM »
Hi everyone!
Just watched episode 3 (ok ok p2p but I got all the seasons on DVD and will buy s07 too :) and I'm  very happy to see that this new season is pure Trailer park boys!
Here are my some of my thoughts of season 7.
Judging from the 3 episodes aired, each episode seems to concentrate on certain group of people, not every character is running around in every episode :) I dont know yet how this affects the TPB "feel"... no big deal i guess.
 I liked the shittier look of the previous seasons but the new HIFI look do not bother me much... but for my surprise, the much clearer sound feels a bit wrong... hard to explain it but the crappy microphones created more "realistic" feel.
 Ok, now the episode 3. I really liked it, there is much shit happening but the thing stays togeteher well. The jacob thing is really promising :D. My favorite scene is when Lahey's robe gets stuck and he snaps. Also,  Lahey in bathrobe and undies outfit + baseball bats = classic!

Jarska

« Reply #124 on: Apr 25, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Hi everyone!
Just watched episode 3 (ok ok p2p but I got all the seasons on DVD and will buy s07 too :) and I'm  very happy to see that this new season is pure Trailer park boys!
Here are my some of my thoughts of season 7.
Judging from the 3 episodes aired, each episode seems to concentrate on certain group of people, not every character is running around in every episode :) I dont know yet how this affects the TPB "feel"... no big deal i guess.
 I liked the shittier look of the previous seasons but the new HIFI look do not bother me much... but for my surprise, the much clearer sound feels a bit wrong... hard to explain it but the crappy microphones created more "realistic" feel.
 Ok, now the episode 3. I really liked it, there is much shit happening but the thing stays togeteher well. The jacob thing is really promising :D. My favorite scene is when Lahey's robe gets stuck and he snaps. Also,  Lahey in bathrobe and undies outfit + baseball bats = classic!

cool, another orgster from finland  8)
"Holy fuck, purple squirrels!"