Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Free to air sattelites  (Read 14540 times)

Shit machine gun

Re: Free to air sattelites
« Reply #50 on: Oct 19, 2007, 05:06 AM »
Will do DAF.  It ships from TO so it should be here early next week. 

The way I look at it, I'm paying close to 100/month now, so I can drop it to the basic package for the rest of my tv's and save 50-60 per month, it won't take long to make it worth it. 

If I keep the basic, then we'll at least have some TV when the Ultra gets zapped.  I'm hoping to get all the NFL and NHL games which will make it really worth it.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

stonemaster

« Reply #51 on: Oct 19, 2007, 05:52 AM »
You'll be OK on NHL, the really protect the NFL package though. hasnt worked to good this year. thats the cool thing about running Dish as well. Depending on where you are you get tons of local channels. the all carry their local teams games so you can get quite a few, you really dig testing its addicting.

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #52 on: Oct 25, 2007, 11:19 PM »
Please let me know how you make out with the Ultra SMG.  I've got an Expressvu dish hanging off the side of my house aimed @ the BEV bird right now just waiting for some kind of FTA box to be attached to it ;).

Sonicview 4000 my son.
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

stonemaster

« Reply #53 on: Oct 25, 2007, 11:31 PM »
yea I heard the clone killer code is wasting alot of original viewsat ultras, not to good

Cappy

« Reply #54 on: Oct 26, 2007, 12:35 AM »
http://search.ebay.ca/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=sonicview+4000&category0=

Oh and buy from Canada. I got nailed 74 bucks coming across the border.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #55 on: Oct 26, 2007, 07:32 AM »
Fuck sakes, I better not have wasted 200 bones.  It should be here today or monday. 

Wife just sent an email, it came this morning.  Now I'm gonna have to learn how to get that shit working.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007, 07:46 AM by Shit machine gun »

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

stonemaster

« Reply #56 on: Oct 26, 2007, 09:29 AM »
first thing you better do is read up on how to spot a clone. Some are passing clones off as originals and the codes/files that are coming out from the viewsat coders are designed to render useless the clone boxes, problem is the dumbasses are wasting original boxes as well.  same thing happened a couple of years back with a different company. i had a box that ended up as dumpster food. Good luck cuz looks like you got some reading to do. Lets us know if we can help.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #57 on: Oct 26, 2007, 09:38 AM »
I was reading on the site Cappy said, ftatalk.com and they showed pics of how to spot the clones.  If it's a clone, it's going back in the mail to the bastards.  Hope it's not.  There's a lot of reading on there.

I HATE Conky

Shit machine gun

« Reply #58 on: Oct 27, 2007, 10:17 PM »
I got it hooked up and working.  Not without a few headaches along the way that could have been avoided.  I'm not too happy that all the channels aren't on it like TSN, treehouse (for the kid) and some others that I've noticed like showcase's east feed.  Not sure how to get them either.  Going to try and reload all the channels tomorrow around 1pm to see if I can pick up the NFL games.

I HATE Conky

stonemaster

« Reply #59 on: Oct 28, 2007, 12:47 AM »
probably a transponder issue, you may need a more recent transponder list, or a dish pointing issue not sure, you should get about 400 chns

Shit machine gun

« Reply #60 on: Oct 28, 2007, 05:42 AM »
got it figured out about midnight last night.  My dish has a dual LBN and I had to add satellite Nimiq 1,3 and Nimiq 2.  I hadn't added 2 before, but when I did that, it was over 600 channels, not all tv but still they're there.  Got the kids stuff, and my stuff.  I'll rescan for Sunday ticket later to see if I can pick that up, but probably not.

I HATE Conky

stonemaster

« Reply #61 on: Oct 28, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Glad ya got it. your TSN and treehouse are on Nimiq 1,3 thats the sat with the most Channels. Like i said about 400. Nimiq 2 has mostly HD channels, thats what i got running through my DVB card in my computer.  Ya got your foot in the door man AWESOME welcome to testing. 8)

Cappy

« Reply #62 on: Oct 28, 2007, 06:23 PM »
Sunday ticket runs on a diff key for some reason. haven't been able to see any games yet myself. Nascar in car and Centre ice work tho. Excellent getting up and running. Thats the hard part.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #63 on: Oct 28, 2007, 09:27 PM »
yeah i've been searching the message boards for any info on sundayticket and can't find too much.  I'm tempted to get another dish and set up Dishnetwork.

I HATE Conky

stonemaster

« Reply #64 on: Oct 28, 2007, 10:23 PM »
They run it off a different provider ID and its only active on sunday afternoons so the coders cant read the data stream in order to decript it.They also move the channels around at times (different transponders).  They used to do the same with NHL but they dont anymore. Not sure why especially in Canada but maybe the NFL is bitchier about there signal being stolen. O well, the Dish thing is a good idea.  You can use the same dual LNB dish that Bell uses (they're the same LNB type and are actually made by the same manufacturer. Other advantages too, more shit is always better

Cappy

« Reply #65 on: Oct 28, 2007, 10:41 PM »
I think DN is going thru an ECM right now. Not sure if the fix is out yet.

stonemaster

« Reply #66 on: Oct 28, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Yea they did a new provider ID but new fixes are here, got my DVB fix earlier but havent loaded up yet. I actually sub to Dish HD and run Bev 82 through my card to get the extra HD channels but im gonna be ready for next sunday, miss to many games ya know