Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 7 - Episode 2  (Read 49918 times)

Melba the Disco Queen

Re: Season 7 - Episode 2
« Reply #50 on: Apr 16, 2007, 08:26 AM »
I think the pacing of this season is going to be much more relaxed, they've got 10 episodes to work with. With season 6, I think the pacing seemed inconsistant to me; I think the first 4 episodes were pretty relaxed, but in the final 2 episodes, tons of stuff happened. I think if there had been at least one more episode in between Halloween 1977 & Gimme My Fuckin' Money Or Randy's Dead. Don't get me wrong, I liked season 6, just it wasn't my favourite. Personally, I think 8 episodes like seasons 3 & 4 is the sweet spot.
That said, I'm excited to see what the new season has to offer.

Just thinking of Ricky with the baby 'racon' makes me say: Awwwwww...
We've seen his parental side before with Trinity; we know that he would do anything, including kissing Mr Lahey's bum, to help out his daughter & make sure that she has a better chance at life than he has. You can tell that he really wants to be the father of Lucy's baby by the way he desperately seeks out another way she could have been impregnated by him; he doesn't want to face the fact that Lucy isn't as devoted as he is.
I wonder if the baby will be born during the course of the season? & What will she name this baby?

We should get a baby pool going: gender & episode the baby is born

We seem to be seeing a trend of expanding families this season with J-ROC & T's babies.

DD, I love the reference to Dirty Dancing! Also at Scrilla Villa, there's a disco ball! I've been trying to keep my eyes open for a small knit bumblebee as well, no sighting so far, though.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2007, 08:29 AM by melba the disco queen »
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

reveen

« Reply #51 on: Apr 16, 2007, 10:01 AM »
-"Rickey, if it wasn't your nozzle that was puttin fuel into Lucy, someone elses nozzle musta been"

-Sebastian Bach advertized as making an appearance at a train convention.

-Rickey, to Randy: You're the father of my baby? Oh my fuck!"

Sam (the cave man) giving the money back to the underage kids he was going to buy booze for, outside the L.C. as Lahey's busting him.

-Jim Lahey, to Randy, when Randy tells him that he got Lucy pregnant: "You cheated on me Randy? You cheated on us?"

And, several references to 'Newfoundland Steak!
Pure fucking genius!!!

bluntwrap79

« Reply #52 on: Apr 16, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Oh man just watching Ep 2 again... Ray trying to boost his car off Bub's GoCart...lol

Ms Vee

« Reply #53 on: Apr 16, 2007, 12:12 PM »
We split a gut over JRoc    "We jus actn"  :lol:

openliquor

« Reply #54 on: Apr 16, 2007, 12:36 PM »
Horizontal Line Dancing??? That's a gross visual!!

We finally hear shitty Bill speak!
"excuse me gorilla, we da fuck out!"

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #55 on: Apr 16, 2007, 12:45 PM »
Well, that was better than eppy 1. I enjoyed it. (something still feels off about Bubbles tho....)

- Ray loosing it over his boost
- J Roc at the airport, all pimped out.  Did you see how many suitcases Lucy was pushing out      there had to be 20 friggin bags at least LOL

But the answer to the Patrick Swayse / Julian thing...Just too good.
I can just imagine a teenage Julian dancing around ha ha ha   

« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2007, 12:49 PM by Perini Scleroso »
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #56 on: Apr 16, 2007, 12:50 PM »
Absolutely fabulous, Bubbs problems or no.

I love the break-up of the sordid love triangle.  Your scalloped potatoes are fucked.

What a way to enjoy lunch.

Vancouver

« Reply #57 on: Apr 16, 2007, 01:15 PM »
I liked how Sarah reacted to Randy hitting her in the head with his gut. Shes so great. She loved Corey and Trevor alot, she must really miss them, now shes being so nice to Randy.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #58 on: Apr 16, 2007, 04:31 PM »
Just watched the ep again.  I noticed that in that first scene before Randy rips his pants there is a towel draped over the top of the pants right where the rip ended up being.  I'm thinkin' the pants were ripped BEFORE they "tore" in the scene.  Wonder what happened to them in the "off season" that would have made them rip?

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #59 on: Apr 16, 2007, 04:38 PM »
Pat Roach told me that the pants he wears on the show have been repaired soooo many times that they were about to fall apart. He wears look-a-likes for when he is out with John Dunsworth doing shows.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Naomi

« Reply #60 on: Apr 16, 2007, 06:15 PM »
The JRoc scene was nice to see.  He didn't have much in last season and in the movie so it was a welcome change.  I wonder why the cop dicks didn't arrest Jroc and T and Lucy? 

Lahey threw away the paper work outside the LC.

They all call him Shitty, I thought he didn't like that?  :bubs:

Shit machine gun

« Reply #61 on: Apr 16, 2007, 06:19 PM »
t
The JRoc scene was nice to see.  He didn't have much in last season and in the movie so it was a welcome change.  I wonder why the cop dicks didn't arrest Jroc and T and Lucy? 

Lahey threw away the paper work outside the LC.

They all call him Shitty, I thought he didn't like that?  :bubs:

Thanx naomi, missed that
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

TruXter

• Musician's blog site.
« Reply #62 on: Apr 16, 2007, 06:51 PM »
anyone else notice that there are no lights in the trailers anymore?

but more people walking around... I like the new feel and camera work.. it's a great move.

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #63 on: Apr 16, 2007, 07:31 PM »
let 'er rip..

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this... in the liquor store parking lot when the boys are selling frozen meat, they meet Phil who's selling "Makrel & Blueberries"... but when he notices the boys he comes over to their car, sticks his hockey stick into their window and asks "Hey guys... selling stolen meat are ya, wanna buy some trout?"

I was just wondering if this was intentional or not!

EDIT:  Whoops I meant to post this under Episode 1.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2007, 07:33 PM by JustLikeRicky »

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #64 on: Apr 16, 2007, 07:37 PM »
It's a TV show :bubs: It is all scripted and very intentional. Thats the beauty of it...it comes across so natural.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

bradx

« Reply #65 on: Apr 16, 2007, 07:54 PM »
He doesnt say trout, he says carp.  If youre not a fishing kinda person, you might not know carp are garbage fish.  they hang out in shallow water near coastlines which makes them easy to catch, but those are also the most contaminated waters if theres any industry around.  they taste like shit and have a gazillion little bones in em.  most north americans dont consider em a food fish.  they also are an invasive species.  if you were around here and told anyone you bought or eat carp you would get laughed right out the door.  your pussy smells like carp was a common insult around here when i was a teenager.    the town next to ours is nicknamed carptown because it always smells like dead fish.  basically phil collins was trying to sell garbage fish off as being something edible.  couldnt be more intentional and is one of my favorite jokes of the episode, compounded by the hockey stick he has em hanging on!  good shit!

as to why the cops didnt arrest jroc t and lucy its because they got all the video evidence, now theyre waiting for lahey to draw up the paperwork so they can get arrest warrants.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2007, 08:25 PM by bradx »

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #66 on: Apr 16, 2007, 08:33 PM »
Thanks for your reply bradx... as I was reading your description of carp I couldn't help but laugh as I remembered the scene in the show.  That's just gold! 

... and about the cops & J-Roc/Lucy/T... it sounds like they're going to try to peg Julian as the ringleader for the whole operation.

bradx

« Reply #67 on: Apr 16, 2007, 08:38 PM »
no prob

they also said "another baby born in jail" so maybe this'll be the first year lucy goes to jail?

Shit machine gun

« Reply #68 on: Apr 16, 2007, 09:03 PM »
Gonna have to put up a minor disagreement here BradX.  Trout are one of the most common cheap ass fish in the maritimes.  It's the shit you catch at the city dock's, in the smallest creeks, etc.  They taste alright and they even sell them at the stores.

Need to rewatch for confirmation either way.  Just rewatched and there's a big sign that says TROUT on the trunk of his car.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #69 on: Apr 16, 2007, 09:41 PM »
I just watched the Phil scene again (when he's selling fish)

The sign on his car says "FRESH MAKRAL" ... one just above it says "TROUT" and he most definitely says to the boys "Hey... sellin' stolen meat eh?  Wanna buy some TROUT?"
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2007, 09:43 PM by JustLikeRicky »

maddog

« Reply #70 on: Apr 16, 2007, 11:17 PM »
i so thought Julian was Lucy's baby daddy

SixShooter

« Reply #71 on: Apr 17, 2007, 12:20 AM »
AHHH MOOSE BALLS there were a lot of great moments in that video but they are defenitly leading towards a different direction some how I am kind of scared on how season 7 is going to turn out but hopefully I can trust Mike Clattenburg to do his job

cremedelacreme

« Reply #72 on: Apr 17, 2007, 02:39 AM »
I never once thought it would be Julian's baby. Trinity, maybe, but that was before Ricky and Lucy were serious, I don't think Julian would do something that fucked up to his best bud Ricky. the boys fuck each other around sometimes but I think around christmas 1997, they really came together as eternal buds.

I also enjoyed the return of interaction with the camera crew.

chips`lets`go

« Reply #73 on: Apr 17, 2007, 06:01 AM »
This episode DEFINITELY made up for the (imo) slow, boring start with ep1. ep2 had me laughing quite frequently. "Goes against my vice principals" was the best line, but there were many others too. Lucy seems to care less and less and become more slutty as each season goes by (your character only Lucy, not you if you're reading this :P )

I think mike has taken bubbles' voice a little overboard now, seems to be sounding crazy most of the time he speaks now. Still amusing no doubt.

I lost a bit of faith after ep1, but ep2 has made me happy again, bring on ep3!

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2007, 06:05 AM by chips`lets`go »
"b17 bomber stuck to my bird"

bradx

« Reply #74 on: Apr 17, 2007, 09:50 AM »
yer right about the trout.  i still think carp would be funnier.  must be the "language barrier"