Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 7 - Episode 1  (Read 39369 times)

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Re: Season 7 - Episode 1
« Reply #75 on: Apr 10, 2007, 10:58 PM »
Quick answer...no.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

shake

« Reply #76 on: Apr 10, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Just a quick question.. was Trinity a different actress?

Yes the role of Trinity is now being played by Meryl Streep, she's so versatile she can pull it off.  That's a reference to a post I made to you back at the old Showcase forum.  I wonder if anyone still remembers that one? 

Of course she's a different actress than the actress that played Trinity in the movie, that was Meg Ryan.

Bride Of Conky

• Quantum Deluxe: The Band, The Sauce
« Reply #77 on: Apr 10, 2007, 11:06 PM »
While it's certainly true that the show has a glossier look, the feel is still anything but.  I feel the characters have evolved naturally and in proportion to their experiences.  Bubbles has come out of his shell more since going to jail, etc - acknowledging his role as the voice of reason and sense bestowed upon him by Ricky and Julian.

I can't recall an episode prior to this one where he smokes a bong (although I'm sure I'll be corrected on this) - and by his own admission it causes him to "freak out and need to talk to you guys until you get back" - this, I feel is the reason behind irratic and hyperactive behaviour displayed in this ep.

As for the Cory / Trevor write-off, I think there is something of an inside joke here - although I don't have any solid evidence to back this idea up.  By saying that they had been carted off to a mental institution, perhaps (and this is only perhaps) Mike C is suggesting that they are mad to leave at such a pivotal point in the show's life what with the growing success and coverage, and feels they have committed career hari-kari.  Just a thought.

Sure, TPB now has a smoother look - but it's lost none of the qualities that make me shit myself with laughter on a regular basis - and pound for pound it's still just about the smartest, funniest, most honest bit of TV ever, and I don't band that around lightly.

"Sheryl! What are you doing? I told you to stay off the counter!!  Look, you can have this but that's it, alright?  Now take this and get the fuck oot."

Bring on ep2!!
BoC
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2007, 11:15 PM by Bride Of Conky »
"Did you just call me an idiot, Conky?"
"Maybe I did.. REVEEN.."

StoneChimes

« Reply #78 on: Apr 10, 2007, 11:11 PM »
Just a quick question.. was Trinity a different actress?

Yes the role of Trinity is now being played by Meryl Streep, she's so versatile she can pull it off.  That's a reference to a post I made to you back at the old Showcase forum.  I wonder if anyone still remembers that one? 

Of course she's a different actress than the actress that played Trinity in the movie, that was Meg Ryan.

I thought Olympia Dukakis was slated to play Trinity  :?
“It’s funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating.”
—Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #79 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:01 AM »
Shit Stoney I heard that it was Bea Arthur that was playing Trinity now  :lol:  I would hate to see her after Ricky took the nicotine patch off  :shock:

Ole Dirty

« Reply #80 on: Apr 11, 2007, 07:08 AM »
Since I don't have cable and refuse to get it, I didn't see the last couple episodes of Season 6. So watching Season7 Ep1 made me ask "what the fuck is going on?!??!" I watched the first ep on the shitcase website. I was hoping that season 6 on DVD would be out before the season started. I was going to take a day off work and watch the who season first. I know that most of you probably watched Season 7 a 100 times by now....and know what is going on...But, the things that had me totally lost were;
- Lahey & Ricky getting along somewhat.
- Lahey a cop again
- Lucy pregnant...
- Ray the new Trailer Park Supervisor
- The disappearance of Cory & Trevor...
I really can't wait until May 8th, to get all those mafukkin DVD's and watch the entire season to find out what the hell is going on.
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

KarateCollie

« Reply #81 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:12 PM »
Holy fuck, the crow "Sheryl"! That did it for me. I watched it on the Showcase website before the actual premiere, and didn't even catch on to Sheryl Crowe thingy. Crow, Sheryl! Hahaha. Too funny.
KarateCollie

Shit machine gun

« Reply #82 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:19 PM »
But, the things that had me totally lost were;
- Lahey & Ricky getting along somewhat. (explained the last ep of season 6)
- Lahey a cop again (same)
- Lucy pregnant... (not sure yet)
- Ray the new Trailer Park Supervisor (end of S6)
- The disappearance of Cory & Trevor... (S7E1 explains all we know)

See above
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #83 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:34 PM »
I might be the last one to notice this and, if so, my apologies.  (See DAF re my brain cell issue) Is that a baby name and a due date that I see in your signature now?  If so, that's a great name.  I've always been partial to the 13th of April too.

I watched Season 6 on Google.  I don't know that watching all of Season 6 will help clear up the confusion, but it never hurts to stay abreast of the boys.  I'm just hoping that kind people will continue to hook a poor US girl up so she can see Season 7.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #84 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:36 PM »
I might be the last one to notice this and, if so, my apologies.  (See DAF re my brain cell issue) Is that a baby name and a due date that I see in your signature now?  If so, that's a great name.  I've always been partial to the 13th of April too.

Yup, baby name and date.  he's coming via Csection in about 44 hours (or earlier).  Friday morning.  I'll post pics.  We just decided officially on a name last night.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #85 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:39 PM »
Hooray! 

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #86 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:53 PM »
(See DAF re my brain cell issue)

See Suzie .. I you caught that.  I TOLD you those brain cells would eventually regenerate ;).  I just watched S7E01 that I recorded on my PVR.  First time other than at the premier I've seen the ep on TV.  It looks like it was broadcast on Shitcase in HD  :shock:.  I recorded it in SD but I'm gonna check it out tonight @ 9:30 pm to see if it is in true HD.  That might be a little weird to watch. 

PS - I guess I need to go out and get a little shitty b+w tv like Bub's had when he was watching Steve Roger's in HD - I heard the picture was really clear on that set ;).

walterx2

« Reply #87 on: Apr 11, 2007, 01:34 PM »
I think JP had more lines in the first episode than the entire season last year.  I hope he's got a more pronounced role.  Delivering pizzas in the Monte Carlo.  Greasy.  Looks like Jroc and T got a little scheme going on at the airport based on the cop scene.  Doens't take a rocket appliance to figure that out.

My theory is that JP had light duty last year due to the illness and death of his father. Could be wrong though.
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

Shit machine gun

« Reply #88 on: Apr 11, 2007, 01:43 PM »
That's probably a good reason not to want to act.  Glad he's back to old Julian though.

I HATE Conky

Mr Lahey

SEASON 7 IS FUCKED
« Reply #89 on: Apr 11, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Just watched the 1st episode and it is funny but the whole dynamic of the series is FUCKED!!!

Lahey is friends with Ricky and buying dope off him. He needs to be drunk as fuck and screwing him over like the old days. I knew it looked bad when Lahey was reinstated as a cop at the end of season 6.

No appearances from Randy here but I loved seeing Phil Collins again ("what you lookin at my gut for???" lol). Cory and the Trevster are gone. Bubbles doesn't want to work with Ricky and Julian anymore.

This will be the last series unless Lahey quits the force and starts up on the liquor again.

Saucy Bastard

Re: SEASON 7 IS FUCKED
« Reply #90 on: Apr 11, 2007, 02:02 PM »
Just watched the 1st episode and it is funny but the whole dynamic of the series is FUCKED!!!

Lahey is friends with Ricky and buying dope off him. He needs to be drunk as fuck and screwing him over like the old days. I knew it looked bad when Lahey was reinstated as a cop at the end of season 6.

No appearances from Randy here but I loved seeing Phil Collins again ("what you lookin at my gut for???" lol). Cory and the Trevster are gone. Bubbles doesn't want to work with Ricky and Julian anymore.

This will be the last series unless Lahey quits the force and starts up on the liquor again.

Don't worry , with 9 episodes left , I'm sure that there is ample time for the shitwinds to kick up , and probably lead to a shitstorm , or even a full blown shitticane.... ;)
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Mr Lahey

« Reply #91 on: Apr 11, 2007, 02:14 PM »
LOL - no shit analogies until we get back in power Randy. Still can't understand the Ray being Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor. Barb still owns the park??

bradx

« Reply #92 on: Apr 11, 2007, 02:37 PM »
ray's new job was part of the deal bubbles worked out with lahey at the end of season 6 in exchange for his testimony for the police board to get lahey re instated.

kittenlover

« Reply #93 on: Apr 11, 2007, 04:47 PM »
Does anyone think that with no plumbing, Ray will bring back the piss jugs?

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #94 on: Apr 11, 2007, 05:16 PM »
hmmmmm ... never thought of that KL.  Very possible!

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: Apr 11, 2007, 05:33 PM »
I fucking loved this episode!!
It was just so awesome.
Fucking Sharol the crow in a nest of weed plants and the god damn "Rakons" :lol:
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #96 on: Apr 11, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Rakons ..... ROFLMAO.  Ricky's readin' it out of a kid's book and he STILL can't get it right  :lol:.  I have not watched it once on tv here at home and I'm catching subtle things that I didn't notice when I saw it on the net or at the premier.   Example .. when Ricky asks Trin what she's "book learnin' on" and she says mammals you can see the panic / confusion in Ricky's eyes because he has NO idea what she's talking about.  Gotta go watch some more and find some more of that good stuff!

cocoax

• transfiction films
« Reply #97 on: Apr 11, 2007, 06:32 PM »

As for the Cory / Trevor write-off, I think there is something of an inside joke here - although I don't have any solid evidence to back this idea up.  By saying that they had been carted off to a mental institution, perhaps (and this is only perhaps) Mike C is suggesting that they are mad to leave at such a pivotal point in the show's life what with the growing success and coverage, and feels they have committed career hari-kari.  Just a thought.

um..that's a firestarter..
that would make Mike C an asshole..which he is far from..
and would also suggest he doesn't have a relationship of trust with Cory and MJ..which is also not the case..
and would also suggest that he thinks that because you leave something at a pivitol time in your own life it is actually the end of your life...which is also not the case

my theory
and this is from a good source
is that it has comedic purposes...
but that's just me.

Ole Dirty

« Reply #98 on: Apr 11, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Well you squashed that potential drama right there, didn't ya?
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

shake

« Reply #99 on: Apr 11, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Yes good drama squashing, thanks Cory.