Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 7 - Episode 1  (Read 37710 times)

StoneChimes

Re: Season 7 - Episode 1
« Reply #100 on: Apr 11, 2007, 08:02 PM »

As for the Cory / Trevor write-off, I think there is something of an inside joke here - although I don't have any solid evidence to back this idea up.  By saying that they had been carted off to a mental institution, perhaps (and this is only perhaps) Mike C is suggesting that they are mad to leave at such a pivotal point in the show's life what with the growing success and coverage, and feels they have committed career hari-kari.  Just a thought.

um..that's a firestarter..
that would make Mike C an asshole..which he is far from..
and would also suggest he doesn't have a relationship of trust with Cory and MJ..which is also not the case..
and would also suggest that he thinks that because you leave something at a pivitol time in your own life it is actually the end of your life...which is also not the case

my theory
and this is from a good source
is that it has comedic purposes...
but that's just me.

Yeah, but: you can't deny that the crow named Sheryl is a comment on the loneliness and isolation of modern existence during the post-Reagan era.. (j/k)  :P
“It’s funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating.”
—Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #101 on: Apr 11, 2007, 09:09 PM »

Yeah, but: you can't deny that the crow named Sheryl is a comment on the loneliness and isolation of modern existence during the post-Reagan era.. (j/k)  :P

:6paper: :6paper: :6paper: lol ;)

I just watched my first EVER TPB ep in .... HD  8).  Gotta say .... I like it alot.  It kind of looks like greasy HD and not super hi res HD so it works.  Tracey watched it with me and she said it's the best ep she's ever seen .  Stoned Bub's at the beginning is soooooo funny "I'm sooooo hiiiiiiiiiiiii" LOL.

David Heisel

« Reply #102 on: Apr 11, 2007, 11:35 PM »
can anyone with a fancy HDTV tell me what the tattoo on that greasy caveman Sam's arm said?
Smoking much dope lately boys? You guys are fucked!

Sgt. Boris

« Reply #103 on: Apr 12, 2007, 01:13 AM »
Im mystified by people who have gripes over camera angles and film appearance.  Get over it, those are minuscule details.  Im surprised I haven't heard anyone bitch about the total lack of a trailer park.  Fact is it doesnt matter, the episode was hilarious  and an excellent start to season seven.  As for Corey and Trevor leaving the show and the explanation for their disappearance... well, it was kinda laim but what do you want?  Yes, I agree Jacobs acting wasn't the greatest but all he did was ask to see a burnout... give him a fucking chance.  Lastly, Corey and Trevor leaving the show doesnt surprise me, theyre the only characters that never really developed...into anything.  Think about it, theyre the only supporting characters that never evolved in 6 seasons.  Well, unless you count that scene with the PT cruiser and the slick clothes.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #104 on: Apr 12, 2007, 01:39 AM »
[size=08pt]Austin Mini[/size]
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Bride Of Conky

• Quantum Deluxe: The Band, The Sauce
« Reply #105 on: Apr 12, 2007, 05:16 AM »

As for the Cory / Trevor write-off, I think there is something of an inside joke here - although I don't have any solid evidence to back this idea up.  By saying that they had been carted off to a mental institution, perhaps (and this is only perhaps) Mike C is suggesting that they are mad to leave at such a pivotal point in the show's life what with the growing success and coverage, and feels they have committed career hari-kari.  Just a thought.

um..that's a firestarter..
that would make Mike C an asshole..which he is far from..
and would also suggest he doesn't have a relationship of trust with Cory and MJ..which is also not the case..
and would also suggest that he thinks that because you leave something at a pivitol time in your own life it is actually the end of your life...which is also not the case

my theory
and this is from a good source
is that it has comedic purposes...
but that's just me.

Note how I say "I don't have any solid evidence to back this up." and "perhaps" - twice.  Thanks for clearing it up anyhow - I just didn't think it was that funny considering the amount of screen time Cory and Trevor got over the years.

BoC
"Did you just call me an idiot, Conky?"
"Maybe I did.. REVEEN.."

golfinwithflames

« Reply #106 on: Apr 12, 2007, 12:06 PM »
Here's the best quality non-torrent version I've seen so far of the first episode, S7 ready for download.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v3747195CG743sw

QAFgurl

• http://spaces.msn.com/members/stace1020/
« Reply #107 on: Apr 12, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Anybody miss me...it feels like I have been gone forever.

I liked it...thought that Bubs was hilarious with his bongy thing.

I also must say that I fuckin miss Cory and Trevor, espicially Trevor, I fuckin loved that guy!
Avoid the mourning after, don't drink and drive

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #108 on: Apr 12, 2007, 04:07 PM »
Holy FACK ... QAF Girl ... where ya been  :shock:?  I missed ya, I missed ya!!!!!! Good to see ya back and glad ya liked the ep :).

Inflatable Elvis

« Reply #109 on: Apr 13, 2007, 09:54 PM »
Rakons ..... ROFLMAO.  Ricky's readin' it out of a kid's book and he STILL can't get it right  :lol:

Yeah that was a great line.. it was funnier because he showed Julian and Julian didn't say anything.

I also liked (I know it's not word for word)

Ricky "I know it's cold, make drawings in the frost, pretend it's winter, making snowman out of meat, cats running around"
(Bubbles looking at the hanging meat)
Bubbles: "Ricky do you realize what you just said to me?"

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2007, 09:55 PM by Inflatable Elvis »
~Inflatable Elvis~

Jacob:  "Bammmmmmm"
Phil Collins: "Peanut Butter and Jaaaammm"
Mr. Lahey: "What the fuck are you doing, Phil?"
------------------------
Bubbles (Phil Collins burps, while Bubbles preforms CPR) "Jesus Christ! Phil exploded"

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #110 on: Apr 13, 2007, 10:59 PM »
I watched the eppy again on Wednesday....I stand by original opinion, I still feel the same way.  Not a big fan of the new HD; and there were some humerous moments, but not a great eppy IMHO (again- it's just my opinion, for what it's worth).

May I make a comment about "character development".  I have a problem with that expression.  The thing is, and let's take Bubbles as an example, Mike Smith is definitely portraying him in a different way than how we first saw him in S1.  The actor (any actor) finds nuances, speech patterns, personality traits as they do the charachter more often.  Here's the issue - in real life, we don't change (my apologies to all those who love those "Oprah moments").  The fact is, years of research, Psychological and other, has proven that our personalities are basically set by age 2, and "change" very little.  Why do you think they give you personality based interviews nowadays. Because it has been proven that how you react to stimuli, stresses, issues etc does not change.

Having said that, I prefer the Bubbles character as we originally saw him.  Please keep in mind,I still like Bubbles, but he has indeed changed.

Just my 4 cents (too long to be 2 cents LOL)
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

the Cheesburger Walrus

« Reply #111 on: Apr 14, 2007, 07:55 AM »
changed how?  seems to me he is still the moral anchor of the show.  it's one of the only times i remember seeing him actively get ripped on the show, but that's about it from my view.

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #112 on: Apr 14, 2007, 10:49 AM »
I have to agree that Bubbs has changed.  He was, afterall, the whole reason I became obsessed with the show.  Although he may still be moral anchor, as it were, he is now less innocent.  Does that make sense?  In the first season, Bubbles was charming because he was very innocent.  He didn't speak much, and when he did, he did it with little inflection. 

I think we can all agree that he talks a lot more now than he used to, and with much more inflection (even occasional whining), even if people cannot agree on the loss of innocence theory.

golfinwithflames

« Reply #113 on: Apr 14, 2007, 11:55 AM »
I think all of the characters have evolved to some degree, as we all do. If I had never seen TPB before S7E1, I'd still be completely fascinated with Bubbles. What a happy accident it was when Mike Clattenburg freaked on Smith's Bubbles and put him in the show as "just another interesting character", aye?

cremedelacreme

« Reply #114 on: Apr 14, 2007, 08:02 PM »
I think to enter psychology and years of research and all that scientism book learnin crap in to this show, the trailer park boys, is to admit that you shouldn't be watching the show in the first place.

Don't take that too seriously...but don't disregard what i'm getting at, either.

bradx

« Reply #115 on: Apr 14, 2007, 09:27 PM »
i love the new hi def look, the scene with shitty bill the colors are intense!  also a great scene is jacob in front of the pizza place, those colors are intense!!!

intense.

bubbles got ripped in s04e01 when they were playing hash hockey.  his voice is different now but hell, its been 7 years since the show started, right?

Indianapolis Jones

• Back And To The Left Official Myspace Page
« Reply #116 on: Apr 15, 2007, 04:14 PM »
Really all you have to do is look at an early episode of Simpsons. Almost all the voices are different than what they are now and they are done by the same actors. Mike Smith is just obviously getting to a point where he has his Bubbles character down and it is probably like second nature to him now.

Anyways, I am excited. The second episode is tonight!!!!  :dancing:
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2007, 04:48 PM by Indianapolis Jones »

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #117 on: Apr 15, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Homers voice was shite in the early seasons. Great point IJ.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

cremedelacreme

« Reply #118 on: Apr 15, 2007, 04:59 PM »
did anyone else realize this? george green talked about the missing luggage at the airport, and then later on you see, of course, J-Roc and T "working" at the airport on a luggage cart. I dunno if this has been pointed out because I don't have time to check over all the posts but when I was watching the episode again last night I caught it.

can't wait for tonight episode!

Indianapolis Jones

• Back And To The Left Official Myspace Page
« Reply #119 on: Apr 15, 2007, 05:15 PM »
I just naturally assumed J-roc has some sort of involvement in the luggage vanishing. You would think our fine officers of the law would only have to walk around the airport, see J-Roc and know something is going down.

The preview of tonight's episode looks great. Could be some fireworks up in the trailer park tonight.

kwesro

« Reply #120 on: Apr 15, 2007, 06:12 PM »
whatever happened to the bottlekids, and is cyrus "fuck afraid" still in jail.  don't ya'll think it would be nice if they wrote trina back into the show.

Naomi

« Reply #121 on: Apr 15, 2007, 06:41 PM »
haha, I never noticed the luggage thing...

don't ya'll think it would be nice if they wrote trina back into the show.

Maybe she's too busy these days...

JustLikeRicky

« Reply #122 on: Apr 20, 2007, 04:16 PM »
whatever happened to the bottlekids, and is cyrus "fuck afraid" still in jail.  don't ya'll think it would be nice if they wrote trina back into the show.

I fucking miss Cyrus.

"Heeeere's Cyrus!"

"and Dennis"

"And Dennis!"

"and Terry!"

"And Terry... fuck!"

RangerF150

« Reply #123 on: Jun 28, 2007, 05:12 PM »
Due to a complete fuck up I only got episode 1 today!
It's all good :-)
Great episode, TPB's still has something that no other show has.
For those that were not that impressed, remember the worst episode of TPB's is still 10 times better than anything else on TV :-)
I loved it :-)

Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

English Bastard

« Reply #124 on: Mar 29, 2011, 06:39 AM »
I am wondering if season 7 will ever come out in the UK/Europe I have seen it 3 times on Y/T but it's not there any more  :(  and as for Countdown well I have to get on a plane and cross the pond to see that, such is life
You probably all herd that I was fired as Supervale of theSunnyparks department it's not true I quit