Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Movies...  (Read 183530 times)

Ole Dirty

Movies...
« Reply #125 on: Mar 14, 2005, 06:11 PM »
Quote from: smokey
my top 5 favourite movies of all time ( see them ) :

- Snatch
- Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
- City of God
- Fight Club
- The Royal Tenenbaums

Dude! Snatch, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, and Fight Club are in my top 5 movies as well! U Gawt Taste!!!

As for recent movies, I watched Ladder 49 this weekend. It was alright, but I expected it to be more of a action movie...I expected it to be sorta along the lines as "Backdraft" I didn't expect it to be so sappy...Guys, rent this movie if you are having a movie night with some girlie-girl for the first time....BROWNIE POINTS!!!
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

smokey

• http://www.torontomapleleafs.com
Movies...
« Reply #126 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:23 PM »
i've liked all of Guy Ritchie's movies except Swept Away...utter garbage.
it's more than just a walkie.

Ole Dirty

Movies...
« Reply #127 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:40 PM »

Same here...For some reason, I feel that Ritchie just wanted to make a movie to put his old cougar woman in, to try and get her career up and rolling again, that fucked up for the both of them...So she had to resort to tounging Brittney on stage there last year to get attention again, since Swept Away did Jack shit for her...Guy Ritchie should stick to the movie genre that he does best with...
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

smokey

Movies...
« Reply #128 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:43 PM »
Quote from: Ole Dirty

Same here...For some reason, I feel that Ritchie just wanted to make a movie to put his old cougar woman in, to try and get her career up and rolling again, that fucked up for the both of them...So she had to resort to tounging Brittney on stage there last year to get attention again, since Swept Away did Jack shit for her...Guy Ritchie should stick to the movie genre that he does best with...

couldn't agree more.

Ole Dirty

Movies...
« Reply #129 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:52 PM »
Quote from: Ole Dirty

couldn't agree more.

Dude...We must of been separated at birth or...You don't have a beer gut, love pizza, seafood, and get annoyed by 99% of the human, race do you? If that is the case, I am calling Oprah and getting her rich ass to set up our family reunion....

smokey

Movies...
« Reply #130 on: Mar 14, 2005, 07:56 PM »
lol. i like beer, but unfortunately under the eyes of the law in ontarioi can't legally enjoy it for another 2.5 years. pizza is good, seafood is better though. and i don't have a gut...even though i'm smokey.

Ole Dirty

Movies...
« Reply #131 on: Mar 14, 2005, 08:03 PM »
lol. i like beer, but unfortunately under the eyes of the law in ontarioi can't legally enjoy it for another 2.5 years. pizza is good, seafood is better though. and i don't have a gut...even though i'm smokey.

Ah well...That show is a no-go for Oprah.... I guess she better stick with giving cars and diapers out to the soccer mom's in her crowd

smokey

Movies...
« Reply #132 on: Mar 14, 2005, 08:06 PM »
hahaha. i love how the people in the audience get so emotional when oprah is dealing with a sad subject like how fucking rich she is.

RumNCoke

Movies...
« Reply #133 on: Mar 14, 2005, 10:30 PM »
hahaha. i love how the people in the audience get so emotional when oprah is dealing with a sad subject like how fucking rich she is.

Oprah always takes the moral high ground. She thinks she's holier than thou. It's annoying. She also unleashed Dr. Phil onto the world. We haven't thanked her properly for launching that guy's TV career.  :roll: Even her best friend Gayle is a semi-celebrity. Stop the madness!

Ole Dirty

Movies...
« Reply #134 on: Mar 15, 2005, 03:56 AM »
Quote from: RumNCoke

Oprah always takes the moral high ground. She thinks she's holier than thou. It's annoying. She also unleashed Dr. Phil onto the world. We haven't thanked her properly for launching that guy's TV career.  :roll: Even her best friend Gayle is a semi-celebrity. Stop the madness!

She's just takin care of her peeps!

RumNCoke

Movies...
« Reply #135 on: Mar 20, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Yesterday I saw Million Dollar Baby. I enjoyed it very much - excellent performances all around. It's very deserving of all the awards it's won. I think Clint Eastwood is one of Hollywood's biggest assets.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
Movies...
« Reply #136 on: Mar 21, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Million Dollar Baby was good.

I also liked "Sideways" - saw it more or less by accident in the theatres on Friday, but it was so enjoyable. Great acting, great story. We were laughing our asses off at it.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
Movies...
« Reply #137 on: Mar 26, 2005, 09:04 PM »
I just watched Finding Neverland. Boy, was that exhausting. Don't laugh, but I balled my eyes out. Really exceptional movie. Check it out.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

bigbenjamin

Movies...
« Reply #138 on: Mar 26, 2005, 09:24 PM »
Quote from: BoTTleKid
Million Dollar Baby was good.

I also liked "Sideways" - saw it more or less by accident in the theatres on Friday, but it was so enjoyable. Great acting, great story. We were laughing our asses off at it.

Loved both films . . Sideways for its indie spirit and lack of bullshit Hollywood formula . . Million Dollar Baby for the tight, intelligent script and pristine performances by the three leads.

Most pure, stupid fun movie i've seen recently "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle".

Cheers!

purple_skwirrel

Movies...
« Reply #139 on: Apr 03, 2005, 01:37 PM »
Just finishing watching the anime film, "Metrolpolis (2001)".

Reminds me of Tintin.  It has a very "european" feel to it, even though it is a Japanese production.  Anyone who's into anime should see this one, if only for the visuals.  I love the 3D feel, as well as the amount of details put into every bit of scenery.

It should be noted that this feature bears very little resemblance to Fritz Lang's 1926 acclaimed futuristic sci-fi original film of the same name, although loosley based on the same premise.

Speaking of TINTIN, rumour has it that Steven Spielberg is poised to make three movies based on the Belgian cartoon character.  More details at:

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/animorphs/tintinmovie

purple_skwirrel

Movies...
« Reply #140 on: Apr 03, 2005, 04:52 PM »
Oh, my sides, I just finished watching "Bubba Ho-Tep" on DVD  :lol:

Between Elvis and JFK coming together while residing, forgotten, in an old folks home in Texas and a 2,000 year old soul-sucking mummy wearing cowboy duds, I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

Highly recommend for anyone who's in to "campy spoofs" of horror movies.

RumNCoke

Movies...
« Reply #141 on: Apr 03, 2005, 07:09 PM »
I haven't seen much anime. The only two japanimation flicks I've seen are Ninja Scroll and Ghost in the Shell. I enjoyed them very much. Apparently Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence is also a good one. Maybe one day I'll check it out. Wait, now that I think about it, I've also seen Akira. I didn't like that one as much.

I haven't seen Bubba Ho-tep, but I probably should considering I'm a fan of Bruce Campbell. I really like the Evil Dead series. I wish he could get bigger and better roles. I read his autobiography: If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor. It's a funny, easy read.

smokey

Movies...
« Reply #142 on: Apr 03, 2005, 07:20 PM »
Quote from: purple_squirrel

Between Elvis and JFK coming together while residing, forgotten, in an old folks home in Texas and a 2,000 year old soul-sucking mummy wearing cowboy duds, I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

haha, i own that movie. the first time i saw it, i killed myself laughing.

- "JFK wasn't black "

- " They dyed my skin this color !"

purple_skwirrel

Movies...
« Reply #143 on: Apr 03, 2005, 07:47 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't overly impressed with Akira either, but I guess the big to-do was the ground-breaking animation methods or something.  I enjoyed Heavy Metal more   :P  

RNC, you HAFTA watch Bubba Ho-Tep, BC's just as funny and sarcastic in this one playing Elvis as he has ever been in his other flicks.

Smokey, I think I'll be grabbing Bubba Ho-Tep off the shelf next time I'm at the video store for one of the pre-seen copies they're selling off.  This is one movie I'd watch over again, too  :D

trailerchick

Movies...
« Reply #144 on: Apr 03, 2005, 08:56 PM »
Quote from: purple_squirrel

he he.....good call!! I loved this movie.

rented "The Forgotten" last night....meh.....it sucked.

RumNCoke

Movies...
« Reply #145 on: Apr 08, 2005, 10:09 PM »
I just watched Napoleon Dynamite. It was...interesting. I thought it was ok. It made me laugh but it's still not my type of movie.

trailerchick

Movies...
« Reply #146 on: Apr 09, 2005, 12:24 AM »
Anyone seen "The Corporation" yet?

RumNCoke

Movies...
« Reply #147 on: Apr 09, 2005, 12:19 PM »
Quote from: trailerchick
Anyone seen "The Corporation" yet?

That's the documentary on big corporations, right? Yup, I've seen it. It's very good. Like all documentaries of this nature one has to be objective because it's very one sided. Much of what was shown was shocking to me. I didn't know that in the legal sense, a corporation is classified as an individual. I found it very clever when they performed a psychological profile on that "individual." The documentary claims that if a corporation were a real individual, that individual could be diagnosed as psychotic. Here's some info on it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379225/

trailerchick

Movies...
« Reply #148 on: Apr 09, 2005, 07:21 PM »
It's funny how we all percieve things differently.I thought that it wasn't one-sided at all! The fact that they had sitting CEO's basically giving us the goods on the nature of a Corporation leant an aura of legitimacy[to my perception anyways}I especially was interested in the "Corporate" take on using cheap foreign labour.You'd of almost thought that it was the Corporation that was the victem...talk about "spin"

I did know that a Corporation is considered a "person" but I too loved how they subjected said
"person" to a psychological exam.

Anyhow, good movie....really a must-see.It'll make you think.

RumNCoke

Movies...
« Reply #149 on: Apr 09, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Quote from: trailerchick
I thought that it wasn't one-sided at all! The fact that they had sitting CEO's basically giving us the goods on the nature of a Corporation leant an aura of legitimacy.

You may be right. I don't remember too much of it. The one time I saw it was when it was released in 2003.