Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Favorite 80s TV Series  (Read 19459 times)

Huntsville_Bubbles

• Huntsville_Bubbles' MySpace site
Favorite 80s TV Series
« on: Mar 02, 2007, 05:36 AM »
Okay..

We all grew up in the 80s..I think..what was your favorite 80s TV show growing up when you were a kid?! I had a few.. but I suppose the one that cracked me up the most was "The Super Dave Show" --- a 5 season series filmed in Toronto, Ontario.. featuring Bob Einstein as Super Dave (brother to Albert Einstein - who later changed his name to Albert Brooks, due to name issues..  :P) (Albert Brooks can be heard as the voice of Nemo's father in Finding Nemo)

A lot of people confused the show for being American, mainly because Bob Einstein wore an American jumpsuit with stars and stripes all over it.. when in fact it was indeed Canadian, and the jumpsuit was a mock up design of a suit similar to the one that Evel Knievel wore.. since Super Dave was apparently the "worlds greatest stuntman"  :lol:

Here are 5 photos following Super Dave's career.. including a recent photo of Bob Einstein in his main role in the recent Larry David series "Curb your Enthusiasm"..

Super Dave constantly poked fun of Canada.. through the use of his comedy.. in which Mike Walden would comment on how Super Dave's clothing was made from "Genuine Canadian Seal Skin"  :lol: It was truly a brilliant series, and Bob Einstein was and IS a brilliant comedian and actor..

Super Dave was also famous for getting some musicians and stand up comedians started in their various career paths as he would have now famous singers like Celine Dion on his series... I believe the series was filmed at the CBC Studios.. but my dad would know for certain as he knew one of the guys who worked on that series behind the scenes.. and unfortunately I'm posting this from work and he's not here lol sooo..

Does anybody remember this series? I managed to record all five seasons from DejaVu and converted them to DVD.. so I'll always be able to remember and watch this brilliant series!  :D

I still can't believe Bob would get 15 million fan mail letters a WEEK back then! THATS INSANE!
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2007, 05:49 AM by Huntsville_Bubbles »
-VIDEOS-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZr5GK0ndMg

"I am the ONLY real Bubbles impersonator, lalala, I'm a stupid idiot! lalala"

Shit machine gun

Re: Favorite 80s TV Series
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2007, 06:07 AM »
BJ and the Bear.

2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Vancouver

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2007, 09:26 AM »
I never missed the FactsOfLife. And DifferentStrokes.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2007, 09:28 AM »
Magnum PI & Wiseguy

trailerchick

« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2007, 10:16 AM »
Cheers and RoseAnne

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2007, 10:49 AM »
Magnum PI !!
I still watch reruns  :oops: :lol:
(there's talk of a movie  8) )
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

K-ROC

• Chc-Chc-Chc-Check It Out
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Super Dave was awesome!!!  He was my childhood superhero!  I still have a tape (yep, VHS folks! Remember those days?) of his best moments.  Now I have a craving to go watch it...

I also loved Married with Children.  It's on TVtropolis (channel 58 in Toronto) in the evenings, I always catch it when I can. 
...The Orgster Formerly Known as Blonde_Riot...

Madd love goin' out to the Conkster...no one could convince me to hate you <3 <3 <3

Ms Vee

« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2007, 11:28 AM »
Magnum PI and Miami Vice.  Hot!!!!  I also liked Hill Street Blues.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2007, 11:40 AM »
WKRP in Cincinnati was always a pleasure to watch. :D
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Mall_cop

• Smashwords Author's Page
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:00 PM »
WKRP in Cincinnati was always a pleasure to watch. :D
Fishy

I love WKRP. It is not far off what real radio is like.

and I pity the fool who didn't like the A-Team. RIP George Peppard...

rickynjuliansandwich

• http://www.myspace.com/tamarfolus
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:16 PM »
wkrp rocked!!! does anyone remember the shows 'small wonder' or 'out of this world'?

Tipsy McStagger

« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:49 PM »
Cheers, Roseanne and The Cosby Show

"i ahve qit the org cuz ppl wont maid ther own bussin" - greenbasterd

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:52 PM »
I was SO in love with Face from the A-Team.  I watched a re-run of the A-Team not long ago.  I remember the special effects being SO COOL.  But in actuality I think they may have sucked.  

Dukes of Hazzard rocked.  I was Daisy Duke - only 5.  
Sweet, sweet Bo.  I loved him.  

Ms Vee

« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Okay..

We all grew up in the 80s..I think..what was your favorite 80s TV show growing up when you were a kid?! I had a few.. but I suppose the one that cracked me up the most was "The Super Dave Show" --- a 5 season series filmed in Toronto, Ontario.. featuring Bob Einstein as Super Dave (brother to Albert Einstein - who later changed his name to Albert Brooks, due to name issues..  :P) (Albert Brooks can be heard as the voice of Nemo's father in Finding Nemo)

A lot of people confused the show for being American, mainly because Bob Einstein wore an American jumpsuit with stars and stripes all over it.. when in fact it was indeed Canadian, and the jumpsuit was a mock up design of a suit similar to the one that Evel Knievel wore.. since Super Dave was apparently the "worlds greatest stuntman"  :lol:

Here are 5 photos following Super Dave's career.. including a recent photo of Bob Einstein in his main role in the recent Larry David series "Curb your Enthusiasm"..

Super Dave constantly poked fun of Canada.. through the use of his comedy.. in which Mike Walden would comment on how Super Dave's clothing was made from "Genuine Canadian Seal Skin"  :lol: It was truly a brilliant series, and Bob Einstein was and IS a brilliant comedian and actor..

Super Dave was also famous for getting some musicians and stand up comedians started in their various career paths as he would have now famous singers like Celine Dion on his series... I believe the series was filmed at the CBC Studios.. but my dad would know for certain as he knew one of the guys who worked on that series behind the scenes.. and unfortunately I'm posting this from work and he's not here lol sooo..

Does anybody remember this series? I managed to record all five seasons from DejaVu and converted them to DVD.. so I'll always be able to remember and watch this brilliant series!  :D

I still can't believe Bob would get 15 million fan mail letters a WEEK back then! THATS INSANE!

Here's a link the Super Dave on Wikipedia.  Lots of great trivia bits.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Dave_%28show%29
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2007, 12:57 PM by Ms Vee »

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2007, 01:26 PM »
SLEDGEHAMMER!
taxi
the cosby show
cheers
married with children
the young ones
comic strip presents
blackadder
wonder years
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2007, 06:16 PM by Djet3k »
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2007, 02:29 PM »
I watched MTV from 1982 to 1987
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Kids in the Hall!

Seonachan

• Chi Mi Bhuam
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2007, 02:49 PM »
I always thought the 80's paled in comparison with the 70's, at least as far as sitcoms went. Bob Newhart, Barney Miller, Taxi, MASH, Mary Tyler Moore, etc. Though many of those extended into the 80's - maybe TAXI was more in the 80's than the 70's?

I saw the first season of Taxi recently on dvd and thought it was still very funny. But whenever I catch reruns of MASH I'm shocked at how dated and unfunny it is.
"In what respect, Charlie?"

shake

« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2007, 02:59 PM »
Kids in the Hall!

and SCTV, my two favorites of the 80s.

I kind of forget what else, I have to look at other’s picks.

WKRP
Taxi
Cheers
Newhart
I think I liked Dallas.

Minder - a British show sometimes shown on CBC.

I saw the first season of Taxi recently on dvd and thought it was still very funny. But whenever I catch reruns of MASH I'm shocked at how dated and unfunny it is.

Yeah I always thought of Taxi as a 70s show, but it extended into the 80s so I mentioned it.

I also agree about MASH, I find it painful to watch, I don't get how it is so critically acclaimed.  The Alan Alda written episodes are particularly bad.  The worst person at playing drunk is that damn Col. Potter, of course us TPB fans are spoiled, we have best "drunk" performer in John Dunsworth.

Brophy

« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2007, 03:29 PM »
A-Team!! Da Da Da Da - Da Da Da
Nom Nom Nom

Vancouver

« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Doesn't anyone get 'dejaview"? All those shows are still played. Well not my favs. but alot of the ones mentioned here. ThreesCompany is still one of my favorite shows of all time, dejaview  shows that at least. I nearly convulse ( :D) when I hear the theme song to M.A.S.H. I HATE that show!! And its on allll the time.
Love "Newhart".
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #21 on: Mar 02, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Voltron, GIJoe, Barbapoppas, Flintstones, Transformers, CareBears, Video Hits, You can't do that on Television,
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

pcole11

• Visit my Flickr page!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 02, 2007, 06:07 PM »
Night Court
Cheers
Alf
The Wonder Years
Blackadder
The Young Ones
You Can't Do That...
SNL (sometimes)
"For the purposes of this investigation, I will appear to be intoxicated..."

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #23 on: Mar 03, 2007, 10:38 AM »
Kids in the Hall!

and SCTV, my two favorites of the 80s.

I kind of forget what else, I have to look at other’s picks.

WKRP
Taxi
Cheers
Newhart
I think I liked Dallas.

Minder - a British show sometimes shown on CBC.

Yeah I always thought of Taxi as a 70s show, but it extended into the 80s so I mentioned it.

I also agree about MASH, I find it painful to watch, I don't get how it is so critically acclaimed.  The Alan Alda written episodes are particularly bad.  The worst person at playing drunk is that damn Col. Potter, of course us TPB fans are spoiled, we have best "drunk" performer in John Dunsworth.

I loved Dallas.  I was 5 or 6 when we started watching it. But since I was from west Texas, it was almost required watching.  We were appalled at how those high brow Dallas-ites lived.  We were really poor, too, so all the excess was SINFUL!  Oh, JR was a bastard.  And I loved Bobby.  Do we see a theme from my childhood?  Tons of crushes.  Everytime I hear the theme-song, I still get chills.  

MASH is a beating.  BEATING!  If you want your ass whipped, watch some MASH.  MASH was the beginning of the end in my first marriage!

shake

« Reply #24 on: Mar 03, 2007, 10:46 AM »
MASH is a beating.  BEATING!  If you want your ass whipped, watch some MASH.  MASH was the beginning of the end in my first marriage!

OK now I'm curious how was MASH the beginning of the end in your first marriage?