Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Itunes help!  (Read 2337 times)

Evangeline

Itunes help!
« on: Jan 31, 2007, 10:26 AM »
How do I get my Itunes to play my playlists from windows media player?  I have tried everything :( 

Ole Dirty

Re: Itunes help!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2007, 02:58 PM »
How do I get my Itunes to play my playlists from windows media player?  I have tried everything :( 

I'm pretty sure you can't. They are two different programs made by companies who are in direct competition with each other, so there is not much compatibility. When you say playlists, do you mean the arrangement of songs? If that is the case, you would have to re-create all the playlists in iTunes. If you mean transfer songs from Windows Media Player to iTunes. If you know where they are located on your computer, open iTunes, go to File-Add Folder to Library, and locate the folder that contains all your music. The only problem is, if you downloaded those songs in .WMA format...most times it has a copyright protection on it that will not let you convert to .AAC, or .MP3.... .WMA format is not a supported format in iTunes (the whole Microsoft vs. Apple) thing.

The only way that I know you get get protected .wma files (which is illegal in some countries..blablabla) is to burn a CD of these songs, and re-import the CD into iTunes... Hope that helps you out some.
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

Shit machine gun

« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2007, 03:00 PM »
facking Apple.  Jobs sucks.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Vancouver

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2007, 03:20 PM »
You can't just open your Windows player and your itunes list in two seperate windows, highlight your Windows list, then drag it over to your itunes? Thats what I do to get my Limewire library to my itunes to burn disks and I can drag Itunes to Windows, it must be vise-versa....drag and drop baby.

Also itunes automatically converts the files, be them wma, mp3, whatever. It just converts itself.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2007, 03:22 PM by Vancouver »
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Ole Dirty

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2007, 03:43 PM »
Also itunes automatically converts the files, be them wma, mp3, whatever. It just converts itself.

.WMA files from Limewire yes it will convert, because it is "pirate booty" but if she actually got them from Napster, (a.k.a paid for them) they will not covert...

Hopefully she got enough info from all this to figure out what to do next.
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

Evangeline

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2007, 04:39 PM »
f you mean transfer songs from Windows Media Player to iTunes. If you know where they are located on your computer, open iTunes, go to File-Add Folder to Library, and locate the folder that contains all your music.

Yes, I mean transfer songs.  I tried to do what you said but It does not work for me.  I'm really getting frustrated.  I know exactly where my songs are located on my computer but for some damn reason I can not get them to my Itunes! lol

You can't just open your Windows player and your itunes list in two seperate windows, highlight your Windows list, then drag it over to your itunes? Thats what I do to get my Limewire library to my itunes to burn disks and I can drag Itunes to Windows, it must be vise-versa....drag and drop baby.

I tried to drag but that doesn't work for me either! :( 

Ugh!  I give up!  Thanks for the help though guys :)

trailerchick

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2007, 06:24 PM »
When you open your i-tunes go to "file". Click "add file/folder".....find your music on on your computar...right click on the song....choose "open with"...pick "i-tunes option.

That should do it.