Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Java Enabling My MOFO Browser  (Read 2685 times)

Drunk_As_Fuck

Java Enabling My MOFO Browser
« on: Jan 08, 2007, 03:52 PM »
First - please let me begin by telling Mr Bill Gates to go fuck himself  :doublewhammy:.  Now for my problem.  On my desktop machine I cannot seem to get Java to enable.  I have downloaded it and tested it using the tool at the Java site and it confirms that it is installed.  That said - I can't run any java app's on webpages on my desktop.  Laptop is fine.  Anybody have any idea how I can fix this before I just chuck the whole mofo box out the freakin' window that is right beside me as I type?

Here's the details - Running Windows XP MCE Version 2002 with SP2
Browser is IE 7.0.5730.11

As much as I'd love to run Firefox I need to run IE for some of the secure stuff I do and I only want one browser so I'm stuck with IE.  Bill Gates ... you suck.  Please help me ... tryin to quit the liquor again here and this ain't helpin' lol.  TIA :).

letsgo2smokes

Re: Java Enabling My MOFO Browser
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2007, 10:39 AM »
I wouldent be using IE7 as there has been bugs...like yours.... Go to Tools-Internet Options-Advanced- Scroll down to Java and make sure it is checked...If it is and still having problem go back to IE6

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2007, 10:50 AM »
Thanks for the input.  I checked settings and accoring to them java is enabled.  DAMN YOU BILL GATES  :fuckyoured:.  I don't get it as I'm running the EXACT same setup on my laptop and java is enabled and DOES work on it.  I'll consider going back to IE6 but I'm soooooooo used to tabbed browsing now I'll find it hard :(.

letsgo2smokes

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2007, 12:16 PM »
Yea alot of people have been having probs with IE7.... And i hear you on the tabs issue but now i got triple monitor so it doesent really matter to me :p...Have a good 1

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2007, 12:19 PM »
Try using Firefox D_A_F. It'll give you the tabbed browsing you desire.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2007, 12:40 PM »
I tried FF fishy and I had *signifigant* security issues with some of the sites I need to access several times a day so I gave up on it :(.  I also tried running 2 browsers but it was a huge PITA so I caved and went with IE as I needed it for secure transactions etc.

shake

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2007, 12:46 PM »
I'll consider going back to IE6 but I'm soooooooo used to tabbed browsing now I'll find it hard :(.

Yeah I upgraded to IE 7 without knowing I'd be getting those tabs.  The menu system is all different now as well.  I was happy with IE 6, I think tabs are over-rated, I don't even use them.  I wouldn't mind going back to IE 6.