Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Frequently Asked TPB Questions  (Read 189234 times)

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
Re: Frequently Asked TPB Questions
« Reply #125 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:28 PM »
The First one is is the Scene where Ricky, Julian, Bullbes , Corey and Trevor are outside the veternary office talking about getting tickets to the concert and wondering if they could get dope. ( Also the song bubbles starts to sing in the previous scene)

If I remember correctly, that might be one of Mike Jackson's songs, I may be wrong though...

and I believe the on stage one is Tom Sawyer.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

jakemaster1390

« Reply #126 on: Dec 04, 2007, 08:10 PM »
The First one is is the Scene where Ricky, Julian, Bullbes , Corey and Trevor are outside the veternary office talking about getting tickets to the concert and wondering if they could get dope. ( Also the song bubbles starts to sing in the previous scene)

If I remember correctly, that might be one of Mike Jackson's songs, I may be wrong though...

I think it is the one on stage is tom Sawyer but I think the other ones are all rush becasue i RMEMBER MIKE CLATTENBURG IN THE COMMENTARIES saying that they were given permission to use so many songs that they couldn't use them all.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #127 on: Dec 05, 2007, 10:05 AM »
After watching this episode again, which was a pleasure, I think I may have the answers for you (I can be corrected where mistaken)...

Bubbles, to Ricky, drum solo cowbell part from concert version of YYZ.

Bubbles sings parts of "Limelight" when the boys are driving through the trash and then the song plays in the car when Cory and Trevor are looking for dope.

"Earthshine" from Vapour Trails is on the radio after the contest announcement.

Alex plays "Tom Sawyer" on the out of tune guitar Ricky gives him in the park (Julian's trailer)

As far as the song where Randy is made to put on a shirt, it was too much in the background for me to tell.

Alex is playing a riff from "Red Barchetta" when the boys arrive in his dressing room.

Bubbles plays a portion of "Tom Sawyer" to shut everyone up in Alex's dressing room.

The concert tune is indeed "Tom Sawyer"

Let's not forget Bubbles and Alex playing "Closer to the heart" at the end of the episode with it fading into concert audio of the same song played by Rush themselves. (Slightly faster tempo).

I hope I didn't miss anything or get any of these wrong. Correct me if I did.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #128 on: Dec 05, 2007, 11:17 AM »

I think it is the one on stage is tom Sawyer but I think the other ones are all rush becasue i RMEMBER MIKE CLATTENBURG IN THE COMMENTARIES saying that they were given permission to use so many songs that they couldn't use them all.

I remember hearing that as well, but I didn't know which songs they did use, that's why I did not answer that portion of the question...

Ahhh, my mistake, it wasn't one of Mike Jackson's songs.
They have been used in the show though and they're awesome.
I bought his new CD off him last week :)
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2007, 11:29 AM by Refuckulator »
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

jakemaster1390

« Reply #129 on: Dec 05, 2007, 03:51 PM »
Thanks. Yes Mike Jackson's songs has mostly been used in the pilot episode and in season 1. Only Reason I ask becasue I am chasing down all of the songs becasue everyone I hear lately with the boys, I really like. oh and this will end up as an info topic hopefully to stop half of the music questions asked.

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

sonnyboy

« Reply #130 on: Dec 15, 2007, 01:51 AM »
hey, this has probably already been brought out, but i thought i would do it anyway, did you know that lahey was in a old educational crime video for school use??? it was about this guy in NB that stabbed this guy on the pathway. i think lahey was a whitness or somthin??it was a long time ago like 3 years.

just thought id make my first post somthing that prouds me, cause when we were watchin the video in grade 9 i jumped up an yelled thats "mr.lahey!!"

jakemaster1390

« Reply #131 on: Dec 17, 2007, 01:18 AM »
Holy. who knows with this guy. He runs a theatre company, he acts in movies, televison and theatre, and he also does voice acting. He really gets around.

Talibude

« Reply #132 on: Feb 01, 2008, 04:43 PM »
HELP ME GUYS!!!
i search for a song and i need help! does anybody know the title of the song that is played in season 1 episode 3 when they sit by j-rocs and talk about his know what i´m sains? its played in this episode too when j-roc is in the car and talk to ricky and julianthis song is often played in julians car, too mainly in season one but in season 6 episode 1 ,too, when julian comes back from jail and drive in his car through the trailer park.

As a little help here is the link for this episode. the song i mean is played on the tape between :
06:13-06:50, 08:44-08:55, 10:14-10:50

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=3694976933003558192&q=Trailer+Park+Boys+Mr.+Lahey&total=47&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5

it would be really cool if anybody can help me
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008, 05:18 PM by Talibude »

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #133 on: Feb 28, 2008, 10:55 AM »
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

trice

« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2008, 05:44 PM »
Can someone help me..I would like the title and season nmber for the episode where The Boys go to harvest the pot and hijack a busload of people to help them..thanks

shake

« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2008, 05:55 PM »
That was season 4 ep 8, the one with Cape Bretoner Rita MacNeil.

It was called "Working Man" after the name of Rita's big song about Cape Breton coal miners.

http://www.showcase.ca/tpb/season4.aspx

trice

« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2008, 06:33 PM »
Thanks..damn, all you guys here so friggin nice! :beermug:

golfinwithflames

« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2008, 07:27 AM »
If you're interested, here is the Working Man video by Rita.

[youtube=425,350]fbwaaprD1V0[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbwaaprD1V0

trice

« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2008, 05:58 PM »
I never heard of Rita, so when I first watched the TPB episode I thought she was just an actress. I listened to the video you posted [ by the way thank you, that was a thoughtful thing to do on your part :)] and after listening I googled her name. I learned a lot about her and I love learning something new! You know the old saying .. you learn something new each day, which was the case on my part. She has a very soulful sound to her, it's very haunting. I also liked the fact of her singing about the coal miners, some of my ancestors worked the coal mines in Pennsylvania, we lost a lot due to the black lung disease, many died young. I think that's why most of the women [on my mother's side of the family] are very strong because of having to raise families by themselves. Thanks again, ya made my day. :D 

shake

« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Yeah great post GWF

In that version she was backed up by the Cape Breton Choir “The Men of the Deeps” who were actual Cape Breton coal miners.  Rita and the choir both achieved international success.  Here’s more on them

http://www.ritamacneil.com/

http://www.menofthedeeps.com/

I remember back in season 4 when word was out that Rita was going to appear, there were a bunch of negative posts saying why is she going to be on blah, blah, blah, pretty well the way it is when they announce anybody is going to be on the show.  I find a lot of people don’t bother posing unless they have something negative to say.  Anyway this was back when Showcase had a TPB forum.  Mike Clattenburg himself came on and posted that he loved Rita’s voice and was thrilled to have met her in person.  He found her to be a genuinely good and funny person, like most Cape Bretoners :) 

trice

« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Thanks for the links, I've bookmarked them. Here's a question for you, why is it negative to be on TBP? How do Canadians and their T.V. audience feel about the show? I would imagine they are a huge success, but I could be mistaken. I would appreciate any response you guys have.. I'm a dumb American :)

shake

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2008, 08:46 PM »
No it is not negative to be on TPB, it is just that everytime TPB announces some guest will be on a bunch of negative comments start being posted by TPB fans.  The first star on the show was Alex Lifeson from RUSH and you should have seen all the negative comments on Showcase, "how can TPB have stars on the show, the show has jumped the shark!"  Of course most people ended up liking that ep and Lifeson. 

Many people still bitch though, just like they did last season when they heard Sebastian Bach would be on the show.  In general there are a lot of stars, many of them rock stars, that would love to be on the show. 

As for your other question the show is popular in Canada but there are some people that don't get it, they are the people who haven't given it a chance.

trice

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2008, 08:58 PM »
Merci for the info :) Also I am so sick and tired of that old Fonzie excuse from all naysayers with "their jumping the shark routine" I say chill and check things out first..give things a chance, geez! :6paper:

Chicken and Banging

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Most people still bitch though, just like they did last season when they heard Sebastian Bach would be on the show.

I guess they weren't ready for some fucking trains.
It Must Be Jelly 'Cause Jam Don't Shake That Way

golfinwithflames

« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2008, 08:09 AM »
I really admire Rita because she was such a good sport on the TPB episode. I mean, she's out there at night in a field of dope, at "gunpoint" with Ricky saying fuck every few seconds. She sits there processing the dope for shipping with a smile and a song.
I wonder if she also received comments about how her appearance on the show could mar her reputation, and her career. And if so, did she simply ask them, "Don't you any offs to fuck?"  :D

trice

« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2008, 06:52 PM »
I have the feeling Rita could give a flying fuck what anyone had to say,the lady doesn't have to answer to anyone ;)

trice

« Reply #146 on: Jun 07, 2008, 06:14 PM »
Here's Miss Pain In The Ass again...I'm looking for the season and episode number where Ricky cuts his shirt and tapes it for school for his grade 10. I know it's not The Bare Pimp Project..thanks

Ole Dirty

« Reply #147 on: Jun 07, 2008, 06:48 PM »
Most people still bitch though, just like they did last season when they heard Sebastian Bach would be on the show.

I guess they weren't ready for some fucking trains.

LOL... Nice!

No it is not negative to be on TPB, it is just that everytime TPB announces some guest will be on a bunch of negative comments start being posted by TPB fans.  The first star on the show was Alex Lifeson from RUSH and you should have seen all the negative comments on Showcase, "how can TPB have stars on the show, the show has jumped the shark!"  Of course most people ended up liking that ep and Lifeson. 

Many people still bitch though, just like they did last season when they heard Sebastian Bach would be on the show.  In general there are a lot of stars, many of them rock stars, that would love to be on the show. 

As for your other question the show is popular in Canada but there are some people that don't get it, they are the people who haven't given it a chance.

It is the same way I think about critics... It is safer for them to say something is shit, than to say they like something, and have to defend it.... FUCK THOSE FUCKING FUCKS!!!! CAUZ I'M READY FOR SOME FUCKING TRAINS!!!!!! 

"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

trice

« Reply #148 on: Jun 07, 2008, 06:53 PM »
Please tell us how you really feel :)

Ole Dirty

« Reply #149 on: Jun 07, 2008, 06:59 PM »
Please tell us how you really feel :)

TRICE!!!! ARE YOOOOOOOU READY FOR SOME FUCKING TRAINS?!?!?!?!?!
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."