Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Frequently Asked TPB Questions  (Read 188930 times)

cat-dog

Frequently Asked TPB Questions
« Reply #100 on: Aug 01, 2006, 04:54 AM »
If it's from the first or second season, it might just be a beat or loop Buck 65 put together for the show.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

form

« Reply #101 on: Aug 30, 2006, 11:29 AM »
It's seems you get alot of theese questions, but i've been searching the web for hours now, including this forum, so i just have to ask or this will drive me f'ing crazy. Sorry.

I'm looking for the beat/loop that the boys listen to in their car in season 1 & 2. The only scene i remember is when J-Roc pulls up in his car to ask Sam to be in one of his movies in episode 207 "The bare pimp project".

It can't be trick pony, cus i found quite a few songs, and none of them were rap/hiphop.
I downloaded 3 Buck 65 albums. Vertex(1999), Man overboard(2001) and Synthesia(2001). There are two more albums made before 2001 (when the episodes in question aired), but i couldn't find those.

The question is if it's a beat he made just for the show, or if it's on one of the 2 albums i couldn't find. Even IF it was made just for the show, you should be able to find it somewhere. The strange thing is that it's seems really familiar, like i'd heard it somewhere else, before i'd seen the show.

If you're gonna reply, please look up the scene i'm talking about so we know we're talking bout the same beat. Sorry again for bringin this up, but it's driving me mad. And sorry if my grammar/spelling sucks, i'm swedish :)

cat-dog

« Reply #102 on: Aug 30, 2006, 12:00 PM »
Buck 65 made the beats/loops.. doesn't mean they're on his albums or anything.. it's just something made up for TPB.

One of the beats you might have recognized is Gangstarr - So What's Up? - which seemed to be sampled, and has some random rap lyrics overtop.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

form

« Reply #103 on: Aug 30, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Quote from: cat-dog
Buck 65 made the beats/loops.. doesn't mean they're on his albums or anything.. it's just something made up for TPB.
Yea, that much i've figured out, got confused cus it said Trick Pony under Beats/Loops in the credits. But anyways, I'm looking for one specific beat, not beats. And, as i wrote earlier, even if it's not on the album, it should be around somewhere, this is the internet for fucks sake :P
Quote from: cat-dog
One of the beats you might have recognized is Gangstarr - So What's Up? - which seemed to be sampled, and has some random rap lyrics overtop.
This is exactly why i asked you to listen to the beat before posting. That is not the beat i'm looking for, or recognized. It's the one in the scene i mentioned. 'So what's up up?' was probably the first mp3 i downloaded when i started searching earlier today. You underestimate my searching :)

cat-dog

« Reply #104 on: Aug 30, 2006, 01:46 PM »
not under estimating anything.. just giving the info most people are asking about when in regards to the music. didn't have anything in front of me at the time to confirm. sorry.

cat-dog

« Reply #105 on: Aug 30, 2006, 02:01 PM »
just checked it out.. it's the track that plays on one of the menus.. has some lyric "this rhyme is dedicated to all the cats & dogs .. " or something.. guessing it's just another loop w/ some rhymes. might even be 'T' as he has his own rap group, or was in one.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #106 on: Aug 30, 2006, 02:25 PM »
yeah i got Ts cd here it's called Knucklehead and it's very decent "indy" hiphop!
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

form

« Reply #107 on: Aug 30, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Aw man this is irritating. I mean... If it's on the DVD, it should be in the credits or something, how come no1 knows what it's called? Doesn't the person who made this/these tracks want to spread their music? Or at least get mentioned in the credits? Well i guess it's only a matter of time before it's spread on the web or released... Maybe a TPB soundtrack or something? That would be awsome.
Hey cat-dog... Can't you check the credits? I would really appreciate that.

Yea. Tyrone, aka Knucklehead, is in a group called 365 according to trailerparkboys.com. Papa Grand (DVS) is supposed to have a website at www.papagrand.com but all i could find is his myspace.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #108 on: Oct 11, 2006, 06:19 AM »
yeah i think i know which beat you mean ,i was searching for it too a few years ago but never found it . Its in general just samples and beats buck65 put together especially for the show, they might contain tit bits of other songs(samples) but thats not a certainty.. definitely not a certainty that you'll recognise it..

i don't know about T and 365 , all i know is he gave me his solo project cd called Knucklehead when he singed my dvd at last years tpb season premiere party in April.
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2006, 06:21 AM by Djet3k »
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

jalepeno_ricky

« Reply #109 on: Oct 23, 2006, 07:24 PM »
i no they have it in the sound section
but where can i download the full rick jeffrey - im old you young song that cyrus always plays song.

Jarska

Re: Frequently Asked TPB Questions
« Reply #110 on: Feb 19, 2007, 02:52 PM »
i no they have it in the sound section
but where can i download the full rick jeffrey - im old you young song that cyrus always plays song.

Where i can find both songs?

I'm Old

and

Be-I (Bed-A-Bye Bo)
"Holy fuck, purple squirrels!"

Rappy

« Reply #111 on: Apr 09, 2007, 03:53 PM »
I've got the rick jeffery song.

Jarska

« Reply #112 on: Apr 09, 2007, 03:55 PM »
I've got the rick jeffery song.

can you upload it to somewhere?

Rappy

« Reply #113 on: Apr 09, 2007, 04:07 PM »
gimmie your email and i'll send it that way.

Jarska

« Reply #114 on: Apr 09, 2007, 04:15 PM »
gimmie your email and i'll send it that way.

or i just add you to messenger

Bubbles420

« Reply #115 on: Jun 11, 2007, 06:49 PM »
anyone know if there is a season 8 in the works?

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #116 on: Jun 11, 2007, 07:58 PM »

No. Yes.

Sorry, couldn't resist! As soon as someone sees those cameras rolling in Dartmouth, it will be posted here...

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #117 on: Jun 11, 2007, 08:14 PM »
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

shake

« Reply #118 on: Jun 18, 2007, 06:32 PM »

I just updated the FAQ with this answer now that we have confirmation from Showcase

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=7961.0

jakemaster1390

« Reply #119 on: Sep 20, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Have Easter Eggs From Season 5 and Season 6 but need to go home in order to find them becasue I have them written down. I could also Give the index numbers for the other easter eggs if people wan't to use the search function of their DVD players as well.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

jakemaster1390

« Reply #120 on: Sep 21, 2007, 10:09 AM »
This is Some more easter Eggs found in seasons 5 and 6 and the swearing menus to season 1. I also mentioned the title numbers for all of the easter Eggs so you can use your dvd Players to find it a little easier becasue I know I had trouble accessing Half of these eggs and most of them I found after a few had tripped during seasons that I had watched many times before them by doing a continuous title search.

Where I mention Title in this, It is just another way of accessing the features. You have to use the go to or search feature of your dvd Player and it is the Title number for each of these extras

Seasons 1 & 2

Disc One:

Alternate Opening Egg
Hit 'down arrow' on your remote when the 'highlight' is on the Special Features icon on the main menu.

Title 32

Swearing Menu
Press up at Play Episodes

Disc Two:

Cart Boy Egg
Select the shopping cart off the special features menu and hit 'enter" on your remote control.

Title 40

Swearing Menu

Press up at Special Features

Disc Three:

Mike Clattenberg Directs
Hit the 'left arrow' on your remote when the highlight is on the 'credits' button on the Special Features Menu.

Title 26

Walkie Talkie
This feature plays at the end of the last episode on the disc when the 'play episodes' icon is selected.

Title 31

Swearing Menu
Press up at Special Features

Season 3

Disc One:

Swearing Menu

Press Up from "Play Episodes" to access swearing menu.

Outtakes & Extras
Press Left from "Play Episodes" to access a shitload of outtaked of messed up lines, etc.. (funny as hell)

Title 32

Hidden Skit
Play All Episodes through, and theres a small short skit by some of the crew.

Title 31

Disc Two:

Swearing Menu
Press Up from "Play Episodes" to access swearing menu.

Rush Concert Extras
Press Left on Episode Selection Screen "Closer to the Heart" to access extras from the Rush concert with Bubbles.

Title 32

Special Features
Special Features Menu - Press Left from "Main" then it will highlight a BBQ polaroid and then click it.

Title 35

Season 4

Disc One:

Swearing Menu
Highlight "Episode Select" in the main menu, then right arrow click and a screen will come up offering you the "Offensive" menu or the "Inoffensive" menu.

Hidden "Trailer Park Life" Complete Song
Go to the Episode Select Menu and scroll down and to the very bottom and to the right to get the arrow on "Main Menu" and then click down and it will highlight the J-Roc symbol.

Disc Two:

Swearing Menu
Highlight "Episode Index" on the main menu, then hit right, and a screen will come up offering you the "Offensive" menu or the "Inoffensive" menu.

Trevor and the Cougar Hidden Outtake
Go to the Episode Select Menu and scroll down to "Episode 27 - If You Love Something Set It Free" and click right to highlight the red heart.  Click it and it takes you to the outtake.

Title 31

Christmas Special

Swearing Menu
On the main menu scroll down to "Setup" but click left rather than enter, and a screen will come up offering you the "Offensive" menu or the "Inoffensive" menu.

Bubbles plays the guitar
Navigate to the "Special Features" menu, and click up to highlight the kitty in the tree, and press enter to play it.

Title 41

Season 5

Disc one:

Swearing Menu
Left at Play Episodes

The Boys Playing Badmitton in Jail
Triggers at the end when you use play episodes - Title 60

Jacob with his multiple Jobs
In the Episode Index, go to play all and press the left button - Title 58

J-Roc and Ricky
In the Special Features Menu hit the right button at Bloopers and Gags. - Title56

Disc Two:

Swearing Menu
Left at play episodes

Extended Take of J-Roc's Girls Gone Wild
Triggered at the end when you use Play Episodes. - Title 49

Alternate Take of Ricky with cops at the school
In the Episode Index press Left at  Play all.- Title 47

Corey and Trevor In Jail with their shot arms
In Special Features press right at Park Of Our Own - Title 45

Season 6

Disc One;

Swearing Menu
Press Up at Play Episodes

Video of the Drunk Layhey
In the Special Features menu press Left at Alternate Takes. - Title 41

Disc 2:

Swearing Menu
Press Up at Play Episodes

Interview of all the characters
Triggered at the end of all the episodes when you use Play Episodes. - Title 32

The Movie

Swearing Menu
Press left at Special Features

Season 7

No Easter Eggs to be found on both discs

Disc 1

Swearing Menu
Press up at Play All Episodes

Disc 2

Swearing Menu
Press up at Play All Episodes

Trailer Park Boys: The Movie
No Easter Eggs to be Found

Swearing Menu
Press left at Special Features

Trailer Park Boys; Countdown to Liquor Day
No Easter Eggs

Swearing Menu
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:35 PM by jakemaster1390 »

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

KellyB

« Reply #121 on: Nov 21, 2007, 01:50 AM »
Another quick question with regards to the music heard in TPB. What's the name of the instrumental thats played when Bubbles raps at the concert at J-Roc's mom's house? That's a great beat.

ucrdoh

« Reply #122 on: Dec 01, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Why did DVS (or DVD as Ricky and Lahey call him) leave in the middle of season 5, there really was no reason given for his disappearance.

jakemaster1390

« Reply #123 on: Dec 03, 2007, 12:20 PM »
Could have been problems production Wise. Remember Levi and Deseiree, I think they wanted to keep them as actors but it just becasme too expensive to use them. Also DVS, is a rapper in real life and the show could have conflicted with his schedule. who knows.

jakemaster1390

« Reply #124 on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:36 PM »
Quick Question. Looking for the Name of Four Songs. Now These are all form The Episode Closer to the Heart and With saying that I know they are all rush songs but I Have no talent for recognizing names.

These are the scenes these songs are played in.

The First one is is the Scene where Ricky, Julian, Bullbes , Corey and Trevor are outside the veternary office talking about getting tickets to the concert and wondering if they could get dope. ( Also the song bubbles starts to sing in the previous scene)

The Next one is where Ricky, Julian and bubbles are sorting trash for layhey and randy so they can get tickets.

The Third ne is when Ricky Julain and bubbles are fighting with randy to put on a t-shirt while they are in the Metero Center

The Fourth one is the song that is being played live while bubbles is on stage.