Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Frequently Asked TPB Questions  (Read 191289 times)

Ole Dirty

Re: Frequently Asked TPB Questions
« Reply #150 on: Jun 07, 2008, 07:01 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

trice

« Reply #151 on: Jun 07, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Bring it on ;) Choo Chooo

Ole Dirty

« Reply #152 on: Jun 07, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Bring it on ;) Choo Chooo

You funny... Me likey you!
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

trice

« Reply #153 on: Jun 07, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Hey, whay's not to like :) Let's stay on topic..be a good boy now ya hear

Ole Dirty

« Reply #154 on: Jun 07, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Hey, whay's not to like :) Let's stay on topic..be a good boy now ya hear

Right... FUCKING TRAINS!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

trice

« Reply #155 on: Jun 07, 2008, 07:26 PM »
Chuga, Chuga..Toot Toot! I apologize Fishy about the topic thing..I'm innocent and being misled by O.D...don't ban me ;)

shake

« Reply #156 on: Jun 07, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Here's Miss Pain In The Ass again...I'm looking for the season and episode number where Ricky cuts his shirt and tapes it for school for his grade 10. I know it's not The Bare Pimp Project..thanks

Looking at the Showcase episode guide again, I'd say

Season Two Episode 6 - "Never Trust A Man With No Shirt On"

trice

« Reply #157 on: Jun 07, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Thanks Shake, I will give that a whirl. I appreciate you taking the time to post the answer :)

trice

« Reply #158 on: Jun 07, 2008, 09:16 PM »
For some reason when I checked through Google, they only had a 5 minute clip..maybe I saw it when it was on BBCA :?

jakemaster1390

« Reply #159 on: Jun 08, 2008, 10:03 PM »
With google, best to search it through their video section. The video results don't show well in the main area and try searching with the season code which for this ep is s02e06. That usually gets better results
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

Wolfman

• Gammahouse
« Reply #160 on: Dec 03, 2008, 08:13 PM »
Here's something I've been pondering; If this has already been covered - sorry about that ;-)

I assume that TPB is set in contemporary times, so what's with the 90's style big cel phones - and the OLD money? Is this a Maritimes thing, or perhaps Mike Clattenburg is making a statement of some kind?

Regards.

Wolfman

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #161 on: Dec 03, 2008, 08:22 PM »
Covered here dude...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php/topic,9285.0.html

A lot of the humour is Maritimes based.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Fantom 309

« Reply #162 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:02 AM »
In season 3, episode 14, "The Kiss of Freedom", Ricky is in his car (nearing the credits) singing to his TV with a video of a black & white dog, what show is this? I use to watch it

golfinwithflames

« Reply #163 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:06 AM »
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2008, 08:10 AM by golfinwithflames »

Fantom 309

« Reply #164 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:13 AM »
That is the Littlest Hobo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Littlest_Hobo

Thanks, quick question again, how do I upload a avatar?
Is there a thread explaining this info?

Thanks!!

golfinwithflames

« Reply #165 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:19 AM »
You're welcome.  :)

Click on Profile. Click on Forum Profile Information. Scroll down to "I will upload my own pic." Select a pic from your PC (100 by 100 pixels.) At the bottom of the page click "Save Profile." It doesn't change right away. It may take up to an hour, but it will eventually appear.

RBeck878

« Reply #166 on: Jan 28, 2009, 08:20 AM »
i skimmed through and dont think anyone has asked this on this topic page...

but would antbody happen to have a link or anything that would allow me to watch the original black and white movie ????

much appreciated. searchd google but got nothing.
Thanks for the great Episodes Boys
Sad to hear you guys have called it quits.. Best of Luck... Hope to run into you boys in the near future... Drinks on Me.

"Delicate Ricky, delicate... Thats blue dye under pressure! That whore blows and we all look like those blue, bald headed dicks that beat the drums. "

Countdown to Liquor Day (Movie): 246 days

Optional

• Mogul Sports
« Reply #167 on: Feb 03, 2009, 09:13 AM »
I'm a new fan who only discovered TPB a couple of weeks ago. I've only watched the first 4 seasons, the xmas special and the big dirty movie so far.

I had a few questions which have been answered by this FAQ but came up with a couple more after reading it.

Who is that guy that yells “What in the Fuck”

That is the voice of Mike Smith (Bubbles).  They first recorded him screaming that in the original TPB movie, where he played the sound man that carried the boom mike, and have used that track throughout the show.  In season 4 ep 1 they introduced him as the character called Donnie, but Ricky called him Danny (he is Ricky remember).  Donnie can he be heard screaming various hilarious things in the background throughout the show.

I just rewatched S4 EP1 Never Cry Shitwolf and didn't see Donnie being introduced. Did I just miss it somehow or is this from another episode?

Where can I find the short film The Cart Boy

It's on disk # 2 of the Season 1-2 dvd set.  Just maneuver your cursor until you can click on the shopping cart on the special features menu and there you will find the cart boy.  It was something filmed after the original movie and before the TV series.  It was the first time we saw the Bubbles character although in that short he was not called Bubbles and JP and Robb played different characters as well.

On IMDB it says Cart Boy was made in 1995 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0431676/ years before the first movie.

Are they wrong?

Where can I find the short film "One Last Shot"

One Last Shot is not available for purchase, nor can it be downloaded, hopefully it will be made available sometime in the future.

I just found a movie in this torrent named "Trailer Park Boys-One Last Shot.avi (699.58 megabyte)" http://www.mininova.org/det/2148071

Haven't downloaded it yet and according to this thread there isn't a version out there... so wondering if it might just be a mislabeled version of the 1999 movie.

shake

« Reply #168 on: Feb 03, 2009, 09:21 AM »
Hi Optional and welcome to the Org!

1  We don't see Donnie but Ricky calls out to him after he hollers about the cable and calls him Danny.

2 Yes IMDB is wrong, Cart Boy was made after the 1999 movie,as per Clattenburg's commentary.  It was a way to introduce the "Bubbles" character, called Darren in Cart Boy.  Mike Smith would goof around as his Bubbles character while he worked on the 99 movie and the boys liked it.

3 Yes unfortunately it is mislabeled, it is the 99 movie.  Hearts of Dartmouth talked about One Last Shot and the original movie, and after that for some reason a lot of people seem to think they were the same thing but they are not.

Optional

• Mogul Sports
« Reply #169 on: Feb 03, 2009, 09:43 AM »
Thanks for the welcome and fast reply Shake :)

I'm only sorry I never heard about the show earlier... although it is kinda cool being able to start watching it already knowing it has ended on a good note, and when the makers chose.  :D

I'm surprised an Australian production house hasn't used the idea for a local version... or that it hasn't been shown. The humour fits in down here perfectly I think.

Thanks for that info too.

Optional

• Mogul Sports
« Reply #170 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:24 AM »
1  We don't see Donnie but Ricky calls out to him after he hollers about the cable and calls him Danny.

I just watched s4e1 it again and still didn't see it! Was getting frustrated!

But found it now.... at the beginning of S04E02 - A Man's Gotta Eat  :lol:

shake

« Reply #171 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:29 AM »
Oh I guess I had the wrong ep listed, I'll update it, thanks Optional.

RBeck878

« Reply #172 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:10 AM »
i skimmed through and dont think anyone has asked this on this topic page...

but would antbody happen to have a link or anything that would allow me to watch the original black and white movie ????

much appreciated. searchd google but got nothing.
Thanks for the great Episodes Boys
Sad to hear you guys have called it quits.. Best of Luck... Hope to run into you boys in the near future... Drinks on Me.

"Delicate Ricky, delicate... Thats blue dye under pressure! That whore blows and we all look like those blue, bald headed dicks that beat the drums. "

Countdown to Liquor Day (Movie): 246 days

shake

« Reply #173 on: Jun 12, 2009, 05:57 PM »

For Season 5 and beyond they bought a plot of land and brought in some trailers to use as their own "trailer park" set.  It is located in Cole Harbour, just outside of Dartmouth.  Cole Harbour is where Mike Clattenburg, JP Tremblay and Robb Wells are from.  It is also the hometown of the young hockey star Sidney Crosby. 

I felt the need to update this to say to say captain of the Stanley Cup champions Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby.  So I will.

shitrocks mom

« Reply #174 on: Aug 12, 2009, 11:15 AM »
I think I heard somewhere he got rid of that job. I cant remember if he came back though... Lahey runs FilmWorks or something. On barrington street in halifax. Cory is a big time dancer and musician and MJ does music as well. Most of the crew probably dont have other jobs either Im prett sure they are rapped in it most of the year.

I was reading thru the faq as I am a new member and came across this post...which reminded me of sumthin which made me laff my ass off...back in '07, I started a new job at the superstore(stuporstore,stupidstore..take yer pick) , and was up in the staff area watching an orientation video about basic co-worker interaction, or some stupid shit..and low and behold, the narrator/ actor in the video was corey from the TPB...it was such a dorky video..and i could just imagine all of the politically incorrect shit going thru his head that he wanted to say...by the end of the 20 minute video i was fukin laffin soo hard my new manager came in to see what was going on..i guess she never had that reaction to such boring shit b4...but she also laffed when i pointed out who the actor was...being from Pictou County, everyone thinks TPB is da bomb...even a 45 year old conservative..lolz.....