Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Canadiens thread!  (Read 32800 times)

shake

Re: Canadiens thread!
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2010, 09:56 PM »
the penguins are up 2-1 over the canadiens...why do they have the nickname "the habs"?

It is short for Les Habitants http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitants

But really it means team without honour.  They used to have first rights to any Quebec born player, this was back in the days when only Canadians played in the NHL, so that was a good percentage of the popluation.

In more recent history it means team that is not that good but rides the coattails of a hot goaltender to a cup every now and then.  That is a course a reference to Patrick Roy who single-handedly won the cup for the Habs in 86, when the Oilers were conveniently upset by Calgary and in 93 when the 3 top teams were conveniently upset by other teams.  The lowest form of life on earth is a Habs fan, they actually booed Roy when he had a bad game.  The guy who single-handedly won the cup for them twice!  He was so upset he left the team and went on to win cups with Colorado. 

This year Halak is playing like Roy and is the only reason they beat Washington and now are tied with Pittsburgh.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2010, 05:30 AM »
I believe the bitterness belongs in the Leaf thread.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Brophy

« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2010, 02:16 PM »
I hope Halak's mimic of Roy only happens on the ice and he doesn't get mad and smack others around.

Bitterness needs to be everywhere! Woooo

go Bruins.
Nom Nom Nom

Shit machine gun

« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2010, 09:12 PM »
Suck it Crosby.  GAME 7 on tap now.  Holy shit, hard to believe this group of miscreants and shithawks have a chance to beat the NHL's 2 babyfaces.  I'm sure Bettman will have a meeting with the refs before the game wednesday to make sure they understand how much the League needs Crosby to be in the finals.

Hahahahahaha.

Win or lose, no one will remember him this year. 

Ole, ole, ole, ole.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

xhippie

« Reply #179 on: May 12, 2010, 06:29 PM »
and monrteal scores first in game seven..

Shit machine gun

« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2010, 08:25 PM »
ole
ole
ole

hey hey

I HATE Conky

shake

« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2010, 09:10 PM »
Suck it Crosby.  GAME 7 on tap now.  Holy shit, hard to believe this group of miscreants and shithawks have a chance to beat the NHL's 2 babyfaces.  I'm sure Bettman will have a meeting with the refs before the game wednesday to make sure they understand how much the League needs Crosby to be in the finals.

Hahahahahaha.

Win or lose, no one will remember him this year. 

Proof positve that Habs fans are the lowest of the low.  Here’s a Canadian dissing Crosby, the Olympic hero.  You’d think a Canadian would be proud that he is the best player in the game, but a Habs fan will diss him! 

"No one will remember him this year"  - He only scored the Olympic winning goal this year, are you saying it is more important for your club team win the Stanley Cup than to have Canada prove it's world supremacy in hockey?  Disgusting!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:34 PM by shake »

hashdriveway

« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2010, 10:49 PM »
Shake doesn't like the Habs

Shit machine gun

« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2010, 09:45 AM »
Shake, my Nova Scotian comrade, and drinker of the Sidney Crosby kook aid.  The kid did score a great goal for Canada.  Could anyone else on that team scored that exact goal?  Yes, Brodeur could have scored that goal.  He shot from the boards and Miller missed it.  Was I happy we won, absolutely.  Was I happy is was Crosby, not really.  He was invisible most of the tournament, the same way he was invisible for most of this series.  Great player, big pussy.  When the millions of Canadiens fans are asked 5 years from now what we will remember more, it'll be the 25th Stanley cup, not the dipshit that scored. This is the Canadiens thread for celebrating the great year we're having.  Leafs fans would not understand this.

For the record, I don't like Crosby, I think Ovechkin is better marginally.  I didn't really like Greztky, Messier, Wendel Clark, Brett Hull either, Canadian, dual citizens or not.

But I do love when a team like these Canadiens has a great run and the rest of Canada is forced to watch them.  Just like when Ottawa went to the finals and lost, Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton the same.  It's our turn now.  And then the Leafs have another 60 years to try to make the playoffs again.

Go HABS Go.

I HATE Conky

shake

« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2010, 10:07 AM »
Wow, you really have your priorities mixed up!  What kind of Canadian hockey fan would not like Gretzky, Messier or Crosby?  One that is not a true Canadian, for sure.

And no the sayings go “where were you when”  in 72, 76, 87, 02, 10 etc, when Canada won hockey glory, only Habs fans would give a fuck about the Habs winning a cup.  Sure there are those in Canada that are going for the Habs now because they are based in Canada, but a couple years down the road they wouldn’t give a fuck about them again, just as if Ottawa had won in 07, nobody would care about them anymore.

Crosby was not invisible during most of the Olympics as his stats will tell you, and more importantly as the analysts will tell you.  And yes you have a right to not like him but to dis him as you do and have that pathetic avatar you have now is just being disrespectful to Canadians, real Canadians that is.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2010, 10:43 AM »
hahaha, you're awesome. 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I HATE Conky

Brophy

« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Stop!!!
Nom Nom Nom

shake

« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2010, 04:51 PM »
I just saw on the CBC news the “fans” in Montreal are already shitting on the team, one of the store owners said it was typical for Canadiens fans.  Good, I hope I’ll see less of those ugly Habs shirts around Ottawa too.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2010, 08:50 PM »
The fans in Montreal seem very fickle.  I'm not one of them, and I still have hope, but they need to score a fucking goal.

I HATE Conky

walterx2

« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2010, 10:17 PM »
SMG,

Congrats on the wins vs the Caps and the Pens, but your boys are toast now. The tank is empty and the Flyers are pounding them into submission. Why the Pens quit playing a physical game against them I'll never know.

One reason I hope they lose is if they win then everyone will want to copy them and the trap will be back in vogue again. If that happens the sound you hear will be peoples chins hitting their chests all over North America, as they nod out watching the NHL.

"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

Shit machine gun

« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2010, 05:28 AM »
They do play a NJ style from their hay days.  No one will copy them though if they did win.  they only won the first two rounds because of the hot goalie and because the opponents didn't want to change their game plan. 

The flyers are pounding the shit out of us even though we are getting shots on goal.  Tonights game will tell me whether we're completely done or not.

I HATE Conky

TheFave

« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2010, 06:48 PM »
Our Father, who art in Bell Centre, Hockey 
  be thy name, thy will be done, the Cup be won, on ice as well as in the 
  stands. Give us this day our hockey sticks and forgive us our penalties 
  as we forgive those who cross check against us. Lead us not into 
  elimination and deliver us to victory. In the name of the Fans, Lord 
  ...Stanley, And the HOLY HALAK!!! AMEN! ♥ GO HABS GO

don't know who to credit for this one but it's appropo!