Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Canadiens thread!  (Read 33122 times)

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
Canadiens thread!
« on: Nov 06, 2006, 01:39 PM »
Finally! A thread all about the Montreal Canadiens :D

I'll start us off using the new YouTube Feature

[youtube=425,350]lQ5Y4bopU_0[/youtube]

Lovin' Souray's costume :lol:
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2006, 01:41 PM by Refuckulator »
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Shit machine gun

Re: Canadiens thread!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2006, 02:09 PM »
God I love the Canadiens.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Refuckulator

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2006, 02:23 PM »
Who doesn't? :lol:

Anyone catch the game on Saturday? I went over to Dartmouth to watch the game with my cousin. He actually showed me that Halloween Party video that night.

I thought they played ok. Brodeur had one of his good performing nights. Sucked seeing them lose. It was a good game though. Kovalev had me worried when he had to get carried off the ice limping.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2006, 02:28 PM »
Naw I don't get to see them much this year.  F'ing CBC doesn't film them unless they are playing toronto or ottawa.  Had CentreIce on BellExpressVu last year so I saw every game, but no this year.

Hope they make the playoffs.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Refuckulator

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Naw I don't get to see them much this year.  F'ing CBC doesn't film them unless they are playing toronto or ottawa.  Had CentreIce on BellExpressVu last year so I saw every game, but no this year.

Hope they make the playoffs.

Same. I had RDS last year and saw every game. We switched cable plans and we don't get it anymore. My cousin has it though so that's how I saw this one.  Its in french bu at least you don't have to listen to the one sided announcers on CBC going for Toronto and the one-sided announcers on SportsNet going for Ottawa.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2006, 02:33 PM »
it's worse with some of the american channels like NESN in Boston.  I can listen to almost every game on Sirius though.

I HATE Conky

Refuckulator

« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Oh No :shock: :(

Montreal Canadiens forward Chris Higgins will miss six weeks of action after MRI results showed a partially torn ligament in his left ankle.

Rookie Guillaume Latendresse will take Higgins' spot alongside Saku Koivu and Michaeal Ryder when they face the Edmonton Oilers tonight.

Higgins has put up eight goals and five assists in 13 games. He not only is a member of the Canadiens' top line and the team's scoring leader, but is also their best penalty killer with three of his eight goals coming short-handed.

The injury occurred in the third period of a 2-1 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night.
Related Info

The six-foot 202-pound left-winger, a native of Smithtown, N.Y., was Montreal's first-round pick (14th overall) in the 2002 NHL entry draft.

Higgins has recorded 51 points (31-20) in 95 career regular-season games.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2006, 08:41 PM »
Guillaume with his first career point tonight.

I HATE Conky

Shit machine gun

« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2006, 08:30 AM »
Gawd I love it when we win.  I wish the hell they'd show more of these all canadian matchups on TSN.  NOoooo, we'd rather watch columbus - Dallas or some horseshit.

I HATE Conky

Refuckulator

« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2006, 10:06 PM »
A great Canadiens site is www.habsworld.net
That have all the latest news and articles. My favorite Habs site yet! Forums aren't too bad either. They have a game thread for every game telling you the stats plus starting goalies and stuff like that.

Refuckulator

« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Latendresse responds to Roy's comments

11/8/2006 7:01:41 PM

Montreal Canadiens rookie forward Guillaume Latendresse does not have a fan in Patrick Roy.

Roy has recently said that he thinks the only reason 19-year-old rookie Latendresse remains with the Canadiens is because he's a francophone, suggesting if he was named Smith or Brown he'd be back in the Quebec junior league.

Latendresse scored his first NHL goal on Tuesday and was asked about what Roy has been saying about him.

''It's me who's supposed to be 19, not him,'' said Latendresse.  ''I will act like a man. I'll leave it to him to act like a child.''

Canadiens head coach Carbonneau told the Montreal Gazette that Latendresse's heritage is not what has kept him on the team.

''It doesn't matter if he's Russian, Czech, whatever. He's earned his place.''

Latendresse doesn't understand Roy's negative comments.

''I don't know why he's acting like that. I've never spoken to him."

''He should be delighted by the success of  young Quebecers in the NHL instead of making stupid comments.''

Shit machine gun

« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Stupid Patrick Waa.

Watch for me tonight, section 202 at the Sens Habs game.  I'll be the guy celebrating all the Habs goals.

I HATE Conky

Refuckulator

« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2006, 05:18 PM »
Enjoy the game tonight man!! :D
Hopefully there is a better outcome than on Saturday! :x

Refuckulator

« Reply #13 on: Nov 13, 2006, 06:03 PM »
Canadiens call up Kostitsyn from AHL

11/12/2006 6:07:34 PM

The Montreal Canadiens announced Sunday that forward Andrei Kostitsyn has been recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League.

Kostitsyn, 21, collected eight points (1 goal, 7 assists) in 11 games with the Bulldogs this season. The right winger has a plus/minus of +5 and registered 13 penalty minutes.

Kostitsyn will join the team in Ottawa, and will participate in Monday's practice at Scotiabank Place.

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #14 on: Nov 13, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Latendresse responds to Roy's comments

11/8/2006 7:01:41 PM

Montreal Canadiens rookie forward Guillaume Latendresse does not have a fan in Patrick Roy.
Roy has recently said that he thinks the only reason 19-year-old rookie Latendresse remains with the Canadiens is because he's a francophone, suggesting if he was named Smith or Brown he'd be back in the Quebec junior league.

First off..... who DOES have a fan in Patrick Roy.  :lol:

Is he a pompous asshole ? Oui.
Would I give my left bra cup to see the man play ? Oui.

I was impressed with the rookie's response though.
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Refuckulator

« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2006, 06:22 AM »
You went to a good game SMG!
YESSSS! :D

Ole Dirty

« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2006, 06:40 AM »
I'm a Bruins fan...Yes... So, I am a sworn enemy of the Montreal Canadiens. But it's hard to be a sworn enemy these days when:
1. You  have one of my favorite players Michael Ryder (Us Newfie Mafukkahs gotta stick together n shit...)
2. The Bruins suck this year...The same as last year....
3. All my in-laws are such Leafs fans it is sickening...They make you Hab peeps not look as bad.
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

Shit machine gun

« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2006, 06:42 AM »
Some pics from the game.  Had great seats, just above the ring advertisments.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I HATE Conky

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2006, 09:02 AM »
If you were sitting on the opposite side of the benches, you were probably sitting right near friends of mine who have season tickets. They took me to a game in Kanata once.
Glad you liked the game,
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Shit machine gun

« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Sitting on the same side as the benches.  Section 210.  Really nice seats, right below the private boxes.  Wish I knew someone in there.  Free food and booze.

I've been to Montreal and Ottawa for hockey, and TO for basketball, and I don't know which is my favourite rink.  The ACC seems way bigger but it might just have been the smaller bball court making it look bigger.

forgot to mention...Dilana and Magni from Rockstar Supernova were in the stands.  I think they have a gig in Ottawa this week.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2006, 09:49 AM by Shit machine gun »

I HATE Conky

Refuckulator

« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2006, 09:38 PM »
http://abum.com/show/3312/one_punch_knock_out.html

That's a sweet knock out by Aaron Downey. At the time he was on Dallas but now he is on Montreal :)

Refuckulator

« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Awhile back (Its actually been about a year now :shock: wow, time flys!) shake PMed me telling me he got me a gift! I never knew when I read that PM how amazing that gift would be.
Shake saw the Michael Ryder picture I created and he printed it off his computer and managed to get Ryder to Autograph it. Once again, THANKS SHAKE!! I love it. I have it hanging up in my bedroom! :)

shake

« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Cool glad you liked it Refuck.  He was actually a Leafs fan before he began playing for the dark side.

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #23 on: Nov 19, 2006, 03:21 PM »
Dark Side..... :-k

You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

shake

« Reply #24 on: Nov 19, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Ha ha,  perhaps the dark side is the wrong term, what I should have said was he was a Leafs fan before he started playing for those disgusting, horrible habs.  I guess when you play for a NHL team you are expected to actually go for them, they wouldn't like it too much if he remained a Leafs fan.