Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Do you boycott any products/stores?  (Read 8227 times)

Saucy Bastard

Re: Do you boycott any products/stores?
« Reply #25 on: Oct 12, 2006, 09:55 PM »
He's still kinda funny , but all the steroids he's been taking have made him look way too freaky  :shock: ( as if he wasn't freaky looking enough already)
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Fucking Jacob

« Reply #26 on: Oct 13, 2006, 12:59 AM »
Walmart/Sam's Club for obvious reasons.

All Proctor & Gamble products - Crest, Ivory soap, Oral-B, Scope, Pantene and Vidal Sassoon, Tide laundry detergent, Bounce dryers sheets, Pringles, Bounty and Charmin paper products, Iams pet food, Gillette razors, Duracell batteries, Pampers, Folgers coffee and about a "bazillion" ( ;) ) other things.  They make so many things that I basically check the back label on every consumer product I'm not 100% sure of.  Just can't support the #1 animal testing company on the planet.

EvilTwin

« Reply #27 on: Oct 13, 2006, 01:36 AM »
Walmart/Sam's Club for obvious reasons.

All Proctor & Gamble products - Crest, Ivory soap, Oral-B, Scope, Pantene and Vidal Sassoon, Tide laundry detergent, Bounce dryers sheets, Pringles, Bounty and Charmin paper products, Iams pet food, Gillette razors, Duracell batteries, Pampers, Folgers coffee and about a "bazillion" ( ;) ) other things.  They make so many things that I basically check the back label on every consumer product I'm not 100% sure of.  Just can't support the #1 animal testing company on the planet.

That must be hard, I've found that there are two companies that no matter where you go in the world, you'll find their products. P & G and General Electric. They make fucking everything!!

openliquor

« Reply #28 on: Oct 13, 2006, 03:00 PM »
I agree with everyone's comments on the state of retail...it's really bad. But on the flip side, most consumers have turned into rude, arrogant a-holes. I can't believe how many times I see some customer berate a clerk over something really minor. It's no wonder these employees don't give a shit. They deal with BS all day long.

My wife used to work at Bank of Montreal. I know banks aren't innocent here, but the amount of abuse these girls take is crazy...the company never backs the employee in a conflict, they just cave to the ranting customer.
"excuse me gorilla, we da fuck out!"

RumNCoke

« Reply #29 on: Oct 15, 2006, 07:45 AM »
I also boycott Tom Cruise movies.

For those of you who don't like Wal-Mart:

http://www.jibjab.com/originals/originals/jibjab/movieid/122

EvilTwin

« Reply #30 on: Oct 15, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Thats class, RnC. :lol:

Sunnyvale Shrimp

« Reply #31 on: Oct 15, 2006, 02:24 PM »
I boycotted Manchester United F.C. after the Glazer takeover, cancelled my supporters club membership and started supporting a team that wouldn't turn its back on its fans

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #32 on: Oct 15, 2006, 03:02 PM »
I also boycott Tom Cruise movies.

For those of you who don't like Wal-Mart:

http://www.jibjab.com/originals/originals/jibjab/movieid/122

Oh man , that's really good!

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #33 on: Oct 15, 2006, 03:14 PM »
I boycott Wal-Mart, mainly because it's full of crap! (apart from the useful things I bought, heh). I only buy free-range eggs and try to stick to non-animal tested stuff. Don't eat meat, but try not to buy fish that is too environmentally-sensitive, which is not that easy.

I also tend to boycott those product-placement items you see in movies - it's really lame, drives me mad and makes me want to buy it less. I did notice a certain beer being casually featured in the TPB movie, I don't know if it was deliberate but it happens to be really good stuff, so that's alright then...

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #34 on: Oct 15, 2006, 03:23 PM »
I did notice a certain beer being casually featured in the TPB movie, I don't know if it was deliberate but it happens to be really good stuff, so that's alright then...

That's a big change from the normal fuzzed out labels !  :shock:
Would it be too much of a spoiler to tell me which Beer it is ?

SKUSHY

• TotalDismay
« Reply #35 on: Oct 15, 2006, 03:44 PM »

I boycot any movie with Tom Cruise in it, lol 

OK, that can't be very much of a hardship for you.

If I could read the fine print on stuff I would maybe try to avoid stuff from the RJ Reynolds group of companies.  And stuff with nutrisweet, I am worried that some of my money would make it's way to Rumsfeld.

Cheese_Burgers78

« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:02 AM »
I absolutely despise Rogers cable....but I hate satellite even more....so I'm stuck with them .  They charge waaay too much , force ya to take channels you don't even want in packages you buy . Or they remove  one or more channels that I like from a package and move it to another so I gotta buy that one  in order to watch certain shows .
" 30 days , boys . 30 sexy days , Julian . Sexy "

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2013, 11:41 PM »
Add me to the people who boycott Wal-Mart. They're anti-worker. Of course that's easy since there's none in Detroit and I don't have a car.
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

cinthb

« Reply #38 on: Dec 18, 2013, 06:46 PM »
Will Ferrell is a no talent creep, and every movie I've ever had the bad luck to see him in has been painfully pointless, and immature. 
So, not a chance in hell there News fucky. 
Even though, I know he will pack theaters because Hollywood megaphones are rallying the mobs for this to be THE holiday picture.

Fuck that shit. 
TPB have made pointless and immature films an art. :6paper:

Cheese_Burgers78

« Reply #39 on: Dec 19, 2013, 05:22 PM »
I  don't drink Pepsi . I refuse to...it's gross . I am an avid hater of Pepsi  :D .
" 30 days , boys . 30 sexy days , Julian . Sexy "

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #40 on: Dec 20, 2013, 06:17 AM »
I try and avoid animal-related clothing, especially from China. Fake Uggs made from Raccoon dogs, angora wool ripped from live rabbits - fuck that cruel shit. I have several pairs of 'vegan' boots and they are awesome, they've lasted for years!

riverman

« Reply #41 on: Dec 20, 2013, 11:50 AM »
I am not big on boycotting products or companies. I may choose to spend my money at other places first  but I will buy at a place that I don't like if they have what I want and the price is right.
For the people who beat on Wal-mart should keep an open mind look at all the poor across the world who have jobs making products they sell. They keep prices low and maybe the quality to a point but without them prices would be at least 20% higher. That would hurt the poor the most.

gabety

« Reply #42 on: Dec 23, 2013, 11:19 PM »
Anybody wants to rag on Wal-Mart is ill informed or a malcontent employee who isn't worthy to begin with.   My wife worked for WM for many years.  Regular wage increases and most importantly, insurance which paid for almost all of your childrens child births cost through insurance.  Those who want to complain are ungrateful or just lousy employees no matter who the are working for.  Key fact also, she didn't remain there.  The Walmart experience was valuable but a stepping stone to better things.  Take a hint people.
Ho Ho's and Ding Dongs are not the same thing!