Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Cheap, weird and creative food  (Read 7792 times)

bigbenjamin

Cheap, weird and creative food
« on: Sep 25, 2004, 02:23 AM »
Trailer Park Boys eat the most awful/wonderful stuff!
Cheap, weird and creative food. White Trash Cooking.
Recipes. Munchies Madness.Facked food favourites!

Here's my initial contribution:

Elvis Presley's Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

Recipe By     : Are You Hungry Tonight: Elvis' Favorite Recipes
Serving Size  : 1    Preparation Time :0:05
Categories    : Celebrity                        Sandwiches

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1      small         ripe banana
   2      slices        white bread
   3      tablespoons   peanut butter
   2      tablespoons   butter

In a small bowl, mash to banana with the back of a spoon.  Toast the bread ligh
tly.  Spread the peanut butter on one slice of toast and the mashed banana on t
he other.  Fry the sandwich in melted butter until each side is golden brown.  
Cut diagonally and serve hot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Elvis loved his "peanut butter and nanner" sandwiches.  At a hefty 36 g
rams of fat, they probably helped do him in.

Ok, c'mon! Share your "white trash" and marijuana madness, trailer park food. We NEED it!

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2004, 07:59 AM »
Spread peanut butter over bread slices. Dice pepperoni into the mix. Connect the two slices of bread and fill a zip log bag with smokes.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Witch-Ho

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2004, 12:48 PM »
Cheesus Crisco, I've been eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches my whole life but I never *fried* them in butter... no wonder the King got all fat and died on the can.  Sorry, Elvis fans (are there Canadian Elvis fans?  I'm guessing they're global)

bigbenjamin

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2004, 01:53 PM »
The Double Wide™ Care Package

Item #B308 / $18.95

Secure - Private - Guaranteed  

A twister's a-comin', Mama's out getting her hair fixed, Daddy's still down the road at Billy Ray's Small Machine Repair & Fresh Seafood, and Sister's smooching with her boyfriend in the back of his Trans Am. What do you do?
Grab these items, head for the neighbor's basement -- cuz you ain't got one -- and chow down until that bad cloud's done passed.

'Fess up. These are the things we've all indulged in, craved, hoarded, or secretly missed since our Southern childhoods, all together again in one big box.

Don't wait until the next tornado threatens; get the goods now. This is fine eatin':

Big Shot Orange Soda, two 12 oz. cans; Green Boiled Peanuts, two 7.5 oz. cans; Crystal Hot Sauce, 6 oz. bottle; Blue Plate Sandwich Relish, 16 oz. jar; Blue Plate Mayonnaise, 8 oz. jar; Crystal Mustard, 16 oz. squeeze btl.
(p.s. Witch-Ho re"are there Canadian Elvis fans? "
Yes, indeed. Elvis is alive and well in Quebec - there must be more French Canadian Elvis impersonators than any other kind!)

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2004, 03:38 PM »
LOL I saw her on Mike Bullard
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

JulianRocks

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2004, 04:37 PM »
Yeah I love Elvis.......he is the King!!! :)

bigbenjamin

« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2004, 08:11 PM »
Quote from: JulianRocks
Yeah I love Elvis.......he is the King!!! :)

There was a Northern comedian entertaining in the South. He said -"Christ, that Elvis sure blimped out!" - Immediately someone in the audience stood up and shouted -"You can say whatever you like about Jesus, just leave the King out of it!" Yes, Elvis IS the King =D> !

Julian

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2004, 09:45 AM »
Quote from: bigbenjamin
(p.s. Witch-Ho re"are there Canadian Elvis fans? "
Yes, indeed. Elvis is alive and well in Quebec...

Really?? I heard he was living in Tweed, ON...

2StonedBirds

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2004, 03:41 PM »
Yep, I heard the same thing, Elvis is living out his old age in good 'ol Tweed Ontario. The same source indicates that he frequently gets together with a wheelchair ridden JFK, who also lives near Tweed. Who would have thunk it eh?!
-Don't let me piss myself!!- `Ricky`

Becca

« Reply #9 on: Sep 28, 2004, 03:36 AM »

As Jules would say, "Bullard. Fuck that dick."  Heh.

Fried peanut butter sammiches?  Jeebus, I can feel my arteries harden just thinking about that.

One of my favourite snacks is raw purple cabbage dipped in mustard and ketchup.  Yeah, I know ... some of my buddies were so grossed out by it until they tried some.  Another one I love is Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup with a few ounces of shredded cheese mixed in.  Cheap and yummy ... just like me.

One day I was sitting around with my buddy's kid and there was a box of Milkbones on the table.  I grabbed the box, took a dog cookie out and chomped down.  The kid stared at me, then took the box and grabbed a cookie for himself.  He took a huge bite and said, "Hmm, not bad".  We almost peed our pants from laughing.  Geez, who knew that it takes a lot more than that to freak out kids these days.

Cheers,
B.

Jaloopa

• http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites.woa
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2004, 08:32 AM »
i think the only meal that raises eyebrows when i mention it... and its really not that weird, just rice, salsa and sometimes tuna all mixed together.  

hey becca, ever try the 'beggin strips'?  not quite like real bacon, but it'll do in a fix!
'i like children, but i don't think i could eat a whole one'

bajjer

• Location: Hidin' in the [TALL] Shit Grass, < 1 hour from Sunnyvale!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2004, 09:32 AM »
Quote from: Becca

As Jules would say, "Bullard. Fuck that dick."  Heh.

Fried peanut butter sammiches?  Jeebus, I can feel my arteries harden just thinking about that.

One of my favourite snacks is raw purple cabbage dipped in mustard and ketchup.  Yeah, I know ... some of my buddies were so grossed out by it until they tried some.  Another one I love is Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup with a few ounces of shredded cheese mixed in.  Cheap and yummy ... just like me.

One day I was sitting around with my buddy's kid and there was a box of Milkbones on the table.  I grabbed the box, took a dog cookie out and chomped down.  The kid stared at me, then took the box and grabbed a cookie for himself.  He took a huge bite and said, "Hmm, not bad".  We almost peed our pants from laughing.  Geez, who knew that it takes a lot more than that to freak out kids these days.

Cheers,
B.

Holy shite Becca, where to begin?! I remember a popular and hot babe in my early adolescent years gnawing on raw bacon. Vis-à-vis to the milk bone [doggy] treats, the ingredients my sister utilizes to manufacture [doggy] treats for her beloved Jack Russell Terrier are found in most kitchens. They simply amount to cookies, or wafers flavoured with mint, garlic or some other K9 friendly enticement(s).

You submit that you're "Cheap and yummy". Just wondering if you can objectively quantify and/or qualify this notion? If you are inclined to validate this question you have the option to do so via the "pm" (private message) portal.

As for Lipton chicken noodle soup, I often reach for it, in some form (generic), to quell flu/cold symptoms. Chicken based stock has been known to aid in healing the forgoing ailments. I often add some [long grain] rice or broken spaghetti, plus diced chicken, vinegar, Tabasco, and parsley to give it a semblance of crude hot 'n sour soup. In this configuration it has a propensity to clear the nasal passages with relative ease, while keeping the body hydrated.

A number of years ago my mother shared a tasty condiment idea. Next time you are dining on cooked fish (not sushi), try nibbling (conservatively) on a lemon slice or wedge. Do not avoid the peel. Embrace the entire lemon, i.e., peel and all, while consuming the fish. If reluctant, start with fairly thin slices of lemon initially. This will lessen the severity of the experience. Since that seminal moment I find it difficult to enjoy fish without several wedges of lemon - akin to eating pickles with a smoked meat sandwich. Phuck! Now that's sumpthin' I could really go for NOW! If only I could teleport myself to [downtown] Montreal for a favourite treat!

Back to the lemon theme briefly. The only caution being that eating raw lemons, as illustrated in the foregoing, is [supposedly] detrimental to tooth enamel. I am 44 (this past June) and have never had a cavity or filling, go figure. I guess I'm an oddity in more ways than one.

I was teaching a course recently, and a fellow instructor said she and her family enjoy peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches. Yikes! That has to be wackier than my lemon slice condiment for fried, baked, barbecued, or poached fish dishes.

How about horse radish, Tabasco, and ketchup blended to create a fish sauce for smoked oysters, smoked mussels or FISH?!

Chow fur now,
"Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research."
--Anonymous
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~rabielmo/personal/quotes.html
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html
Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement)

Jaloopa

« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2004, 09:42 AM »
baj, that mixture for seafood sauce actually sounds good, horseradish, good, tabasco, good, ketchup, good... how could it possibly go wrong?
also, i also am a fan of montreal smoked meat sandwiches and have been disappointed all over our fair city with different versions of the 'wich.  just so you know, the best place i have found is 'thickes deli' in burnside industrial park, its not quite the same, but it is the closest that i have found.  nice fresh dark rye bread, a pile of meat, some dijon mustard and some 'kraut if so desired... yummmmmmmm.  i know where i'm heading for lunch today!

bajjer

• Location: Hidin' in the [TALL] Shit Grass, < 1 hour from Sunnyvale!
« Reply #13 on: Sep 28, 2004, 10:19 AM »
Geez-uz! Maybe we should load up the sled and head fur Montreal? Essentials: vehicle, fuel, credit card(s), clothes, radar detector, MUSIC, [Snell approved] helmet(s), cooler, incidentals, optimism - PRICELESS!

For lunch, I cannot decide between the following leftovers: Chinese Food, Pizza, or pickled (green) beans with corned beef, apple sausage, Lunenburg sausage and potato.

In closing, I sent you a couple external email messages (hotmail) and a private message ("pm") the other day.

Kindest regards,
"Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research."
--Anonymous
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~rabielmo/personal/quotes.html
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html
Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement)

Jaloopa

« Reply #14 on: Sep 28, 2004, 11:25 AM »
if we're going as far as montreal, then we'll need to head a little further north to st. sauveur to a little coffee shop i know of too.  and a little further north still i know a lovely lady that makes the most beautiful wine using fresh spring water and pretty much all her own ingredients.  she sells cases of 'empty bottles' out of the basement of her art gallery ... heh.

sandwiches, lets go!

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2004, 11:32 AM »
Damn ,I was going to have a nap , but I read this thread first and now I'm so damn hungry that I'll never fall asleep !
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

kcrocks

« Reply #16 on: Sep 28, 2004, 04:53 PM »
I didn't think peanut-butter and mayonaise sandwiches would be classified as weird, that's just an alcohol fueled staple! :shock:
once a trailer park boy always a trailer park boy

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: Sep 28, 2004, 05:08 PM »
Quote from: kcrocks
I didn't think peanut-butter and mayonaise

Uhg. Anything that's not meat and mayonasie is a big no no!! But I love to dip frys in mayo.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Cheese_Burgers78

Re: Cheap, weird and creative food
« Reply #18 on: Oct 27, 2013, 11:46 AM »
I got desperate once years ago while having the munchies . The selection in the cupboards and fridge wasn't too good that day....so I thought I'd try a tuna and salsa pita . Horrible , horrible idea . Was very gross . Will not make that same mistake twice .
" 30 days , boys . 30 sexy days , Julian . Sexy "

cinthb

« Reply #19 on: Oct 27, 2013, 05:32 PM »
Many years ago, I worked in a steakhouse that offered a dish called "Chicken Monterrey".  I learned that it is merely a boneless breast marinated in Catalina dressing for about 3 days, and grilled to nearly black.  I like to make this at least a few times a year for a different treat.  It goes good on a sourdough bun, and some waffle fries will make it a Bonanza of a meal. :lol:
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2013, 05:35 PM by cinthb »

riverman

« Reply #20 on: Oct 29, 2013, 01:56 PM »
Who doesn't like fried chicken livers, hot sauce and a cold beer.