Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Ice Cream Ice Cream  (Read 9620 times)

Tiggy Puddin

Ice Cream Ice Cream
« on: Jun 12, 2006, 04:18 PM »
Yeah, it's officially hot enough to break open the freezer, gorge on the best dessert ever invented! 

I'm splashing out on the new Haagen Daaz Maya Chocolate (cinnamon-spicy, caramel swirls, pretty good!)  I used to like Ben and Jerry's but I heard they weren't so ethically-motivated anymore?  Any more recommendations? 

Saucy Bastard

Re: Ice Cream Ice Cream
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2006, 05:29 PM »
I just recently borrowed a 2 cup ice cream maker from my mom . You stick the coolant filled metal insert in the freezer for a day , and then the actual making is soooo easy. You can use any combination of milk and  cream and sugar , with whatever flavouring as long as it adds up to 2 cups. I like blending some frozen fruit! Or you can "cook" up some cocoa , sugar and an egg yolk in a double boiler , for some fancy French silk chocolate . Or just add vanilla , for simplicity. Pour in the mix , turn the handle 4 times slowly , and then just leave it to sit , turning the crank 3 times slowl , every 2 minutes. After 1/2 hour , you have awesome soft ice cream , or you can stick it in the freezer in a container for another 1/2 hour , for firmer ....... As soon as you're done , rinse the metal insert , and stick it back in the freezer , then it will be ready whenever you need it.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Vancouver

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2006, 11:42 PM »
omagawwwwwd SAUCY! That sounds so fackin delicious!! Im dying for ice cream now...my fav. is chocolate-peanutbutter from BaskinRobbins yum!
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2006, 09:32 AM »
Why is this stickied?  I love ice cream as much as the next guy.

There's a corner store around the corner that sells the good nestle hard ice cream.  Wicked.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

shake

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2006, 09:51 AM »
Why is this stickied?  I love ice cream as much as the next guy.

The ice cream generally gets sticky when it melts, maybe that is what happened.  Thanks for pointing that out SMG I unstickied it. 

My favorite ice cream is peppermint.

Dirty Dancin

« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2006, 10:00 AM »
turning the crank 3 times slowly , every 2 minutes.

Isn't that painful?  :perv1:

My favorite's are Braum's (regional) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Baskin Robbins Baseball Nut (seasonal...vanilla ice cream swirled with black raspberry ribbon and loaded with cashews.)

http://www.braums.com/
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2006, 03:56 PM »
If anybody is ever in the Hamilton/Stoney Creek area, you've got to get a cone from Stoney Creek Dairy!! Lots of selection & the prices are pretty reasonable!

My favourite flavour is chocolate chip cookie dough.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Jdub

« Reply #7 on: Jun 13, 2006, 04:17 PM »
omagawwwwwd SAUCY! That sounds so fackin delicious!! Im dying for ice cream now...my fav. is chocolate-peanutbutter from BaskinRobbins yum!

Oh.....my......DAD!  I LOVE Peanut Butter n Chocolate from Baskin Robbins.  :drooling: In fact the reason I jumped onto this thread was because I just bought a litre of it.  They just started selling them in those tubs today!    Two 1 litre tubs for $12.  I had to break down and buy them......considering they had my 2nd favorite flavor too......Pralines & Cream.   :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ole Dirty

« Reply #8 on: Jun 13, 2006, 04:34 PM »
my Wifey-to-be's dad is the Master Carpenter for Cows.Inc here in Potatoland. (www.cows.ca) they even have their own clothing line that drives all the tourist mafukkahs crazy. Every now and then, we get some of the taste test some of the new flavors...Such as "Moo York Cheese Cake" "Chocolate Monster", and "Mooey Gooey"....Also he gets a card that gives him 50% off everything in the store....Which we take advantage of that discount!!!! This summer, I am gettin all the kids all stuffed with ice cream...and let them loose on their parents!!!
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #9 on: Jun 13, 2006, 04:44 PM »
This pot of greasy fudge mix and Stracciatella are me fav.Although i kind of like anything involved with icecream no discriminating here..

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2006, 04:47 PM by Djet3k »
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

Ole Dirty

« Reply #10 on: Jun 13, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Although i kind of like anything involved with icecream no discriminating here..

I like things that involve ice cream too...man, you should see the fun me and my old college girlfriend had one time with a "Fudgesicle" and a "Drumstick"....Good times, good times...
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #11 on: Jun 14, 2006, 09:52 PM »
Oh I Love Ice Cream. In fact I just got back from a little grocery shopping at the local Safeway store and they had one of my favorites. Tillamook Ice Cream on sale. Buy one container (1.75 QT/1.66 LT) and get the second one free. So I bought three and walked out of there with six containers  :oops: Let me see

http://www.tillamookcheese.com/OurProducts/IceCream/

1. Mountain Huckleberry
2. Marion Berry Pie
3. Tillamook Mudside
4. Udderly Chocolate
5. Vanilla Bean
6. Ole Fashion Vanilla

Yum, yum. I case you're wondering a Marion Berry is a local berry here that is a cross with a Blackberry and a Raspberry. Really good stuff.

A funny story but true when former Washington D.C. Mayor Marion Berry got busted for smoking crack with a hooker. One of the local companies here produced Marion Berry Jam "Because the Mayor is in a Jam" the label had a drawing of him behind bars  :lol:

hunnerbun

« Reply #12 on: Jun 14, 2006, 10:01 PM »
Hehehe we just got back from buying ice cream at Safeway too...no buy one get one free here thoug...unless you need toilet paper that is...

We bought 2 kinds...the Nestle Real Dairy (50% less fat) Butterscotch Ripple and Double Fudge Swirl....Oh my fack is it good.....You would never know its half the fat...MmmMmamrgrhrgrhrhahagarag ice cream....
My God...what a drunk horror show!

Canuckguy

« Reply #13 on: Jun 14, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Ive always been a fan of chocolate mint but I also like black liqourish icecream and cookiedough.
Lead scorer in hockey at the Royal Canadian Institute for the Mentally Insane in Toronto.

Tiggy Puddin

« Reply #14 on: Jun 16, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Have a look at these 'interesting' ice creams from Japan -

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/photospecials/graph/040701ice/1.html

The cherry blossom and red wine ice creams sound great!  Will be avoiding potato and lettuce flavour.

HuntsvilleBubbles

« Reply #15 on: Jun 16, 2006, 11:35 AM »

My fiance and I always end up buying our Ice Cream from Kawartha Dairy.. I swear they have the best fucking flavours!

MMMMMmmmm!

We just bought Maple Shack Sugar flavoured Ice Cream... DELICIOUS!  :P

Tipsy McStagger

« Reply #16 on: Jun 16, 2006, 11:50 AM »
The GF and I love Vanilla Bean Haagen Daaz with chocolate sauce (just a bit).

"i ahve qit the org cuz ppl wont maid ther own bussin" - greenbasterd

KarateCollie

« Reply #17 on: Jun 16, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Ole Dirty, Cows is the best ice cream ever!!! I love Moo Crunch. It's chocolate ice cream with chunks of skor bar, little Reese peanut butter cups and chocolate chips. Any ice cream with peanut butter makes me drool!
KarateCollie

hashhockey69

« Reply #18 on: Jun 16, 2006, 02:08 PM »
Holy fuck i like ice cream!

HH69

Ole Dirty

« Reply #19 on: Jun 16, 2006, 02:20 PM »
Ole Dirty, Cows is the best ice cream ever!!! I love Moo Crunch. It's chocolate ice cream with chunks of skor bar, little Reese peanut butter cups and chocolate chips. Any ice cream with peanut butter makes me drool!

Yeah, we had our way with one of those huge several gallon buckets of that a couple months ago. It fell off the truck and the bucket cracked, so they couldn't use it for the stores...I put a good dent in that mafukkah with my spoon as well!!!

hashhockey69

« Reply #20 on: Jun 16, 2006, 02:30 PM »

Yeah, we had our way with one of those huge several gallon buckets of that a couple months ago. It fell off the truck and the bucket cracked, so they couldn't use it for the stores...I put a good dent in that mafukkah with my spoon as well!!!

AWSOME! Lucky OD lucky OD, lol

HH69

Canuckguy

« Reply #21 on: Jun 16, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Have a look at these 'interesting' ice creams from Japan -

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/photospecials/graph/040701ice/1.html

The cherry blossom and red wine ice creams sound great!  Will be avoiding potato and lettuce flavour.

Ew horse chunk icecream  :drooling:
Lead scorer in hockey at the Royal Canadian Institute for the Mentally Insane in Toronto.

HuntsvilleBubbles

« Reply #22 on: Jun 16, 2006, 04:07 PM »
The worst ice cream flavor I ever tried was "Green Tea Ice Cream" at some Chinese restaurant.. no offence to the Chinese... but that Ice Cream was damn fucking gross!! It was essentially green colored ice cream with absolutely no flavor.. like drinking a glass of cold water...

Of course the waitress made it sound so damn appealing! She was like "Ooh! You like-a da ice cream? We have-a special-a flava for you try.. VERY tasty! You like!" I was like wow... sounds great...

...And I was right ... it DID sound great... but it DIDN'T taste good.  :-&

I suppose it was my own stupid fault for believing that an ice cream called "Green Tea" would taste good..  :roll:

Princess

« Reply #23 on: Jun 19, 2006, 12:54 PM »
I'm Chinese and I love Green Tea ice cream!  If you don't like Green Tea then you wouldn't like it and if they didn't make it right, it probably wouldn't taste good either.  There is also a Red Bean ice cream that too is an acquired taste.

But my absolute favourite is Benny & Jerry's Chunky Monkey! 

Ole Dirty

« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2006, 01:39 PM »
There is also a Red Bean ice cream that too is an acquired taste.

Red Bean ice cream....Interesting! I wonder what Chili & Beer ice cream would be like?