Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 6 Final Thoughts?  (Read 31595 times)

RangerF150

Re: Season 6 Final Thoughts?
« Reply #50 on: Jul 03, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Do you not have comercial breaks in Ireland?  :shock:

There is a break between the intro , and the beginning , but that's just for the credits , no adds there , but yes , the breaks suck , though they do give one time to take a piss , or run for some more peperoni or R&C .

Sure we do have commercial breaks, but nothing like the amount you guy's have, it's mental!
I could not watch TV in NA, it's just way over the top.
The BBC in England ( which we get here) has NO commercial breaks , as in NONE :-)

If I was living over there I would just record it and watch it later using the FF button lot's :-)

Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

KarateCollie

« Reply #51 on: Jul 03, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Totally agree with the "stoned snack time" scene! One of my fav's for sure. Love the look on Bubbles and Julian. Haha!!  I appreciated the season, but missed Julian. Kinda wish Bubbles had a woman too, that would be interesting. I could write that whole season I'm sure, and I know someone who'd be perfect for the part. We'd have to call her Eunice, and she'd have thick glasses like Bubbles and be totally in to him! Following him around like a puppy dog, Ricky and Julian would hate her and she would despise them in return, hehe. That'd be funny. Anyway, I liked this season after watching it a couple of times and I just can't wait to see the movie. I imagine the ball has been rolling for the filming of season 7, and I'm interested to see what they've come up with . Still lovin' the Boys yours truly, Colleen.....er I mean KarateCollie. ;)
KarateCollie

Superintendent Dave

• Waterloo's Trailer Park Boys Tribute Club
Too short, but excited about the movie
« Reply #52 on: Jul 14, 2006, 05:22 PM »
No one in Waterloo could understand why the show went into reruns after six episodes.  we emailed alliance atlantis to find out what was up.  they explained that there were only six epsidoes due to the movie.

Season six was really funny, too bad it was only six episodes, but we're all exicted about the movie. 

Waterloo's Trailer Park Boys Tribute Club predicts Lucy and Sarah are going to win an oscar at this years Acadamey awards.

Dominate with cake!
In cod we trusted,

Superintendent Dave (retired)
Waterloo's Trailer Park Boys Tribute Club 2003-2006
www.tpbtributeclub.ca

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #53 on: Jul 14, 2006, 05:27 PM »
Dave,
  You should have some of your members check in here once in a while. We would love to have them as part of our community too.
Fishy

PS I'm just up hwy 6 from you guys. Let me know if you have any events I could attend.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

shake

« Reply #54 on: Jul 14, 2006, 05:35 PM »
No one in Waterloo could understand why the show went into reruns after six episodes.  we emailed alliance atlantis to find out what was up.  they explained that there were only six epsidoes due to the movie.

Dave,
  You should have some of your members check in here once in a while. We would love to have them as part of our community too.

Yeah if you guys checked out the Org you would have known last year that there would only be 6 episodes because of them shooting the movie :)

Superintendent Dave

don't burn my chicken fingers
« Reply #55 on: Jul 14, 2006, 06:42 PM »
GUYS,

Our club isn't a very online group.  We use our website for archive and party promotions purposes. 

We're glad we're finally in the loop.  We had an email about this site but we realrey check it anymore due to the 65,000+ spam emails we've gotten.  forget cleaning up sunnyvale someone needs to clean up spam on the internet!!

WTPBTC is discussing  a motion at our Annual General Party in August about whether we're going to write a letter calling for more episodes next season to make up for this years deficit.

Dominate!
In cod we trusted,

www.tpbtributeclub.ca

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #56 on: Jul 14, 2006, 06:54 PM »
Hey Dave,
  I've visited your guys site for a couple of years and I remember you guys are pretty hardcore fans. I don't think you would get spam from this site so come here more often.
  Season seven should contain 10 episodes and a special if thing work out. Season six left next year pretty wide open. They are filming it right now so I guess we'll see in April.
 Are you guys going to do a TPB movie premier party in Waterloo? That would be an awesome party.
 :bubs: Let me know :bubs:
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

Superintendent Dave

« Reply #57 on: Jul 18, 2006, 07:31 PM »
I wonder which theatres will get it?  In Waterloo we really like the Princess Cinema.  It's an independent theatre that is really good to our club.  It's right in one of the Waterloo bar districts so we could have a roaring afterparty.

WTPBTC is estatic that Sam the greasy hot dogging eating bastard has been back recently.

Hmmm....shit my chicken fingers are burning!

In cod we trusted,

www.tpbtributeclub.ca

KBF

« Reply #58 on: Jul 30, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Not much of an ongoing storyline but the buys behind the show cannot be blamed for that because of the movie and all. However, they had MANY funny scenes and I laughed throughout a lot of this season. It was amazing to see the boys not in jail at the end and EVERYTHING going perfect. It was so weird to see that it was amazing actually.

A lot of the minor characters did much more as well. We saw A LOT of C&T which was fuckin AWESOME!! Those two did amazing this year. So many classic lines of season 6 came from them.

I'll give this season a 8/10

What crap, cause of the movie they just toss out a couple episodes and think thats ok? They shoot episodes once a year, and never even a full actual season, get somehow its ok to throw out a couple episodes and call it a seasons because they are shooting a movie?? Lame excuse, maybe just running out of quality ideas.

cat-dog

« Reply #59 on: Jul 30, 2006, 11:57 PM »
Not much of an ongoing storyline but the buys behind the show cannot be blamed for that because of the movie and all. However, they had MANY funny scenes and I laughed throughout a lot of this season. It was amazing to see the boys not in jail at the end and EVERYTHING going perfect. It was so weird to see that it was amazing actually.

A lot of the minor characters did much more as well. We saw A LOT of C&T which was fuckin AWESOME!! Those two did amazing this year. So many classic lines of season 6 came from them.

I'll give this season a 8/10

What crap, cause of the movie they just toss out a couple episodes and think thats ok? They shoot episodes once a year, and never even a full actual season, get somehow its ok to throw out a couple episodes and call it a seasons because they are shooting a movie?? Lame excuse, maybe just running out of quality ideas.

They shoot once a year because the cast members have jobs, and commitments beyond TPB. I'm sure if they had planned to, or had the financial backing to do so, they would have filmed as much as TPB as possible. One thing you have to consider is the time it takes to write the draft for an episode/season, have it proofed by Showcase/Alliance, rewrites, etc.. Plus the person doing the majority of the writing from what I'm aware is Mike C.. who is a producer, director, camera man.. and works on shows other than TPB.. The guy wears so many hats it's a wonder he's able to do anything at all.

It's too bad you choose to see all this in a negative way though, I'm sure season 6 wasn't up to everyone's expectations, but there was a lot of good TPB gems.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Chinese Dinosaur

• Location: Republic of Liverpool European Capital of Culture 2008)
« Reply #60 on: Aug 15, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Favourite scene?

Ricky going ape-shit in Lahey's Trailer looking for the chicken..... :lol:

......starts off by ripping a cupboard door off its hinges and ends up ripping the fuckin' OVEN DOOR off!!

This was made all the more funnier in the final episode when Randy is cooking "Horsecock!" and can't get the oven door to close again.................Swwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt!!ahhhhh!!

:D
"B.C.?? I know Vancouver's the capital!" "Before Christ?? I wasn't around then, don't know anythin' aboot it!"
Hope I don't run into the Samsquanch!

2pac_thug_4_life

• Trailer Park Life
« Reply #61 on: Aug 22, 2006, 05:41 AM »
^^ HAHAHAHHAHA I FUCKIN LOVE THOSE 2 SCENES
altho i laughed more @ the scene where ricky & bubbles pretend things r there cocks like frosty the penguin & a VACUUM!! HAHAHHAHAHHAHHA
fuckin best tv show ever

littlekev

« Reply #62 on: Sep 10, 2006, 12:02 AM »
y was the a lack of bubbles @ the premier party 4 season 6 my friends want to know
~little kev

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #63 on: Sep 10, 2006, 01:12 AM »
y was the a lack of bubbles @ the premier party 4 season 6 my friends want to know

Mike Smith was in LA at the time. Michael Jackson was also absent due to a hockey tournament in TO. At least that greasy caveman Sam Tarasco was there (and Fishyneil).
Welcome back littlekev. Enjoy your time at camp this summer?
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

Kitty_Turntables

• 2 Cats Designs
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2007, 04:45 AM »
Since the only way I get to watch every season of TPB is by purchasing the DVDs (living in Australia is a pain in the ass), I always look forward to May each year, when the previous season's DVDs are released.

I just finished watching S6 and the only thing I was disappointed with was how few episodes there were this season.  I know they were busy shooting the movie (which I couldn't wait to get my hands on and thoroughly enjoyed), but hell.. I need my TPB fix and now I have to wait another year!!!  :cries:

Apart from that though, I loved the way this season ended.  It was a refreshing change not to see the boys end up in jail.  At first though I was worried this was going to be the last season.. since it ended on such a "high note".  Glad to see there's a S7.

Can hardly wait to watch S7!

Sue
I fuckin' toad a so!

Darry

• Moskal Multimedia
« Reply #65 on: Jul 08, 2010, 11:27 PM »
Season 6 was off the hook, it was probably the funnest season in my opinion. Although short it really took TPB to the next level. Season 7 could not top this for sure, probably the only thing that topped this was "say goodnight to the badguys"

Pros

- Piss jugs!
- Takes bubbles to the next level as far as cats go
- Introduction of the dump
- Randy is in charge of the park for a while
- Ricky's funniest season. I find his greatest work is in this season
- Cory & Trevors store

Cons:

- Only 6 eps
- Camerawork begins to look more professional
- Not too many locations shot at
Shitliner's coming to port, and ill be there to tie her up

dwiz

« Reply #66 on: Dec 20, 2010, 07:00 PM »
season 6 is great
bubbles gets the treaty signed @ the end with lahey
halloween 77 classic!!!
fuckin oscar goldman-wut a name for a chicken
ricky is great as well in that episode in the classroom explaining to the teacher

corytrevordawg

« Reply #67 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:42 PM »
Arguably one of the best seasons of the show, and one of my favourites!!!!  :D :D :D

Loved all the episodes, AND this season was the very first that I ever saw of TPB and immediately fell in love with the show!

Although I wish there were more eps (ya, I know the summer of '05 was when they filmed the movie and season 6) and loved how it ended on a good note!  8)

9/10

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #68 on: Jan 15, 2012, 01:05 AM »
   Loves me some Season 6. Too short for some overriding story arc it's got a whole bunch of tangental craziness. I try not to think about how great it would be if it was 15 episodes and no such thing as the Big Dirty (except for the scene where Lahey kills a whole bottle of liquor walking backwards from Bubbles).
   We get introduced to the dump and they actually do something of a proper send off for Cory and Trevor.
    Who cares if Clattenburg strays from the mockumentary conceit? I mean, how long can you fool people into maybe thinking this is a for real doc anyway?
    Season 6 is about as funny as any TPBs there are.
 :julian: :bubs: :ricky: :6paper:
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then