Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 6 Final Thoughts?  (Read 31588 times)

hashhockey69

Re: Season 6 Final Thoughts?
« Reply #25 on: Jun 04, 2006, 02:30 PM »
I merged Ad4m's topic on season 6 with this one.

Just don't expect other forum members to agree with you.. because we don't judge episodes and seasons on whether they are good or sucked.. In the majority of the forum members opinions.. EVERY episode and EVERY season was excellent..

That may be a bit of a stretch.  If you read the episode threads you can get a better feel of what members felt about the episodes.

Season 7 is the final season and is supposed to have a LOT of episodes.. just to let you know..  :D

Season 7 is supposed to have 10 Episodes.

10? Just wondering shake.. how did you get that information?

HH69

shake

« Reply #26 on: Jun 04, 2006, 02:34 PM »

Tamster

« Reply #27 on: Jun 05, 2006, 06:58 PM »
it went so quickly :?

Mall_cop

• Smashwords Author's Page
« Reply #28 on: Jun 05, 2006, 10:02 PM »
The beauty of this season is that it is unlike any other. The happy ending really surprised me since I was expecting someone to go to jail. Things happened in this season that were unique, like Lucy banging George Green. Ricky teaming up with Lahey. Randy hitting on Sarah. I could go on.

I was not disappointed, other than the fact that it was short.

Question, how do we know Season 7 will be the last season? I haven't been on the site in a while, so I plead ignorance...

scharfg

Source for Season 6 Episodes...?
« Reply #29 on: Jun 06, 2006, 01:27 AM »
Hi there I am a big trailer park fan but I don't have cable :0(  so I'm looking to find out if I can go anywhere to download the episodes...?  Or if I could "borrow" someone's vhs or dvd...

I found episode 4 on this forum (thank you!) but it was in .mpg format but my old dvd player does not play this format UGH!!!  So I also need to find out how to convert the .mpg format to one that will play in my dvd machine (ie: dvd, vcd).

I thank you very much in advance !!!

Have a good one eh!!

Ad4m

Re: Source for Season 6 Episodes...?
« Reply #30 on: Jun 08, 2006, 10:03 PM »
Hi there I am a big trailer park fan but I don't have cable :0(  so I'm looking to find out if I can go anywhere to download the episodes...?  Or if I could "borrow" someone's vhs or dvd...

I found episode 4 on this forum (thank you!) but it was in .mpg format but my old dvd player does not play this format UGH!!!  So I also need to find out how to convert the .mpg format to one that will play in my dvd machine (ie: dvd, vcd).

I thank you very much in advance !!!

Have a good one eh!!

all you need is nero and make a vcd will take awhile but will do the job

RangerF150

« Reply #31 on: Jun 10, 2006, 04:26 AM »
I only got the full 6 episode's yesterday, watched them all last night :-)
I still don't rate Ep 1 + 2, but it's did pick up, overall some great stuff in the season, great ending.
Overall out of 10 I give it about 8, not classic TPB's but still really good  :-)

Other point of note !
How do you guy's put up with all the ad breaks ? it's mental, you got a break at the start, two during it , and long breaks at that .
That would drive me mad :-)
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #32 on: Jun 10, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Do you not have comercial breaks in Ireland?  :shock:

There is a break between the intro , and the beginning , but that's just for the credits , no adds there , but yes , the breaks suck , though they do give one time to take a piss , or run for some more peperoni or R&C .
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #33 on: Jun 10, 2006, 09:28 PM »
Or roll a fatty. pause button works well too 8)
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #34 on: Jun 10, 2006, 11:45 PM »
Or roll a fatty. pause button works well too 8)
Fishy

My TV isn't as fancy as yours , it has no pause button  :(

wballz

« Reply #35 on: Jun 12, 2006, 12:45 AM »
While i thought season 6 had some classicly funny moments as all season do i don't think ti flowed as well as other seasons and the interaction between the boys was missing.

I always liked julian and ricky teaming up to achieve something or breaking up and avoiding doing stuff together for one ep or two and then making up again, but for this season everyone was off kinda doing their own little ventures and it just wasn't the usual TPBs i was used to.

Like i said while many of the episodes had classic parts (like Ray pretending to be an expert chicken hunter just to get free booze) and the piss jugs were hilarious but Julian just wasn't around enough and Ricky's life wasn't hectic enough with plans falling through or achieving something big.

And there was also the camera work that people commented on in the first few eps, just a bit too much cutting (showing that there was more than 1 camera) between shots. My other gripe was that Bubbles just hasn't seemed like Bubbles recently, i always watch the old eps over and over and the way he hesitates as he talks and just his overall manner seemed a lot different in the first few seasons compared to season 6, now he just seems to be one of the boys with a funny voice and glasses but before he was quirky, weird and just seemed to rely and love the boys more than he did in season 6.

As i said before though it is still a very funny season and i have watched all the episodes at least 3 times each and still laugh non stop all the way through but some of the small changes seemed to just take the gloss of it and it is my least favourite of the 6 seasons.

sohcahtoa

« Reply #36 on: Jun 12, 2006, 04:07 PM »
I loved season 6. It kind of reminded me of the first episodes of TPB where the story kinda did'nt follow one line, each episode was different. I LOVED the happy ending, after 5 seasons of the boys getting screwed over it was nice to see everyone getting along and doing well at the end. I'd give er' a solid 8/10, taking 2 points off only because of the length. And yes I do realize it was because of the movie, but still.

Long live TPB.  :julian: :bubs: :ricky:
"Just cus' her dad's a bit of a fuckup, pardon my language in front of all these kids."

Winds of Shit

« Reply #37 on: Jun 17, 2006, 03:02 AM »
I didn't like season 6 as much. I guess I don't like the new trailer park (err the one they created) as much as the earlier ones they filmed in. Also, they don't interact with the camera anymore, and Ricky and Julian didn't interact so much. Also, Lahey is much cooler when he's acting drunk (not acting that he is sober acting drunk) if that makes any sense. Something else bothered me about it but I can't quite put a finger on it. The Oscar Goldman and the last episode are classics though.

SPanky2000

« Reply #38 on: Jun 18, 2006, 01:14 AM »
season 6 was good but not as good as any of the other seasons. favourite episode from 6th is way of the road

RockJ

« Reply #39 on: Jun 18, 2006, 10:18 AM »
HD Piss Jugs has grown on me.
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #40 on: Jun 18, 2006, 10:21 AM »
HD Piss Jugs has grown on me.

I can't even hear the words "high definition" without thinking "piss jugs" first. :lol:
That will fuck me up sometime in my life.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #41 on: Jun 18, 2006, 03:32 PM »
I grew up with piss jugs . My dad lets it age in 5 gallon buckets , and then dilutes it to use on the perrenials in his yard/nursery. Great free fertillizer ....kinda stinky though  :? Keeps the deer away.

letsgo2smokes

« Reply #42 on: Jun 20, 2006, 05:31 PM »
I grew up with piss jugs . My dad lets it age in 5 gallon buckets , and then dilutes it to use on the perrenials in his yard/nursery. Great free fertillizer ....kinda stinky though  :? Keeps the deer away.

Thats kinda odd...but w/e gets the job done :)

sohcahtoa

« Reply #43 on: Jun 20, 2006, 05:34 PM »

I figured the ammonia in piss would kill plants...hmm...
"Just cus' her dad's a bit of a fuckup, pardon my language in front of all these kids."

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #44 on: Jun 20, 2006, 09:15 PM »
Ammonia is a major ingredient in many chemical fertilizers. We use animal manure (soaked in their urine) for gardens....

sohcahtoa

« Reply #45 on: Jun 20, 2006, 09:59 PM »
The more you know. :lol:

cowboy

« Reply #46 on: Jun 22, 2006, 06:34 PM »
I thought that the 6th season was ok, with some funny parts but was different for me. I didn't find it had any laugh out loud parts to it. I agree with Winds of Shit and wballz with their comments on the show. The one thing that I dislike about newer seasons are the way it is filmed. If you go back and watch seasons 1 and 2 you will see a big difference. In the 1st and 2nd the show actually looks like a documentary on the lives of the boys, because of the shaky camera work, and how you would see the camera crew, such as in the 4th episode in season 1 where Ricky pulls down the microphone and says "hey retard". This is what I miss, and Bubbles character, he spoke and acted 100% differently in the 1st and 2nd season than he did in season 5 and 6.

The show used to be Ricky and Julian and followed their lives. I enjoyed this concept and thought this was much better than recent episodes story lines. Another funny part to the show is Cory and Trevor, and when they worked separately in season 6 I thought this wasn't as funny because I always love the classic screw-ups that they have, such as when they crush the furniture that they have in the garbage truck. Now that trevor is leaving, I think the story will have to be well written in order to compensate for the leave. Another interesting part of the show they left out this season was Ricky talking to the cops, which I also missed.

Anyway to sum it up I thought that the 6th season wasn't but but I think that they should try and go back to the roots of trailer park boys and try to re-live some of these moments.

trevster

« Reply #47 on: Jun 26, 2006, 12:08 AM »
man, its really weird only having six episodes....the movie will be worth it.....im really pissed trevor and cory are gone...Trevor was my favourite by far!!! my fav was randy's horsecock!!!.....i need to find that audio clip, any suggestions?

lanfisher

• Lan's MySpace
« Reply #48 on: Jul 03, 2006, 10:15 AM »
A lot of people knock that last Season 6 episode because it was so "feel-good" and nobody went to jail. It did seem as though they wrote the episode as though it might be the last one ever.

However, I think it leaves it wide open for all hell to break loose for the opening of Season 7. It's like Season 6, Episode 6 was just too good to be true. I think it would be funny if, for once, they actually had them going to jail in the first episode of a season -- and then have them get out via a jailbreak or court appeal.

I have faith in the show's writers & crew. I just hope they can somehow fill the void that Corey and Trevor leave. I think a good idea for new characters would be to have an upper-class family somehow lose everything and hit rock bottom by having to move to the trailer park, and see them trying to adjust to trailer park life. It's sort of similar to the Sam Losco storyline, but with more contrast. (Sort of like Charles Emerson Winchester moving in with Hawkeye and BJ in M*A*S*H).

My favourite moment in Season 6:

(Bubbles and Ricky watching high definition broadcast on Bubbles' little low-definition black and white TV)

Ricky: "It looks pretty good."

Bubbles: "It's in high-def, Ricky. Look at how much clearer it is!"
"Why don't you just pretend you're a little squirrel, Ricky?"
"Why don't you pretend you're someone fucking off, Bubbles!"
"Fuckin' tell me to fuck off."

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #49 on: Jul 03, 2006, 03:22 PM »
So far I've held off commenting on the entire season, but after watching the finale again last night, I think I can come up with something. At first, I was shocked that nobody went to jail, but now like Ian, I think it prepares us for a whole lot of craziness either at the beginning of next season or the movie. The assistant manager of the store I work in mentioned to me how it wasn't really addressed how Lahey saved Ricky's life at the end of season 5, but when you think about it, it's like Ricky is paying Lahey back by helping to rescue Randy at the end of season 6. All in all, I liked this season, it felt much closer to the first few seasons, but it differentiated itself by the twist in the season finale.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder