Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 6 Episode Four  (Read 46825 times)

baphomet_irl

Re: Season 6 Episode Four
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2006, 04:27 PM »
For those of you who can't download it off the torrent site (cuz they are taking WAY too freakin long lol), I uploaded it to my server www.trailerparkboysblog.com/TPBse0604.zip  - right click save as

thank you very much :)

BeefJerky

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2006, 05:32 PM »
My thoughts on the overall quality of season 6:

I am of the opinion that many of those who criticize this season are just painting themselves as Trailer Park Boys snobs.  8) It reminds me of watching a bunch of rich tools at a wine tasting party.  One snotty rich boy with a sweater tied around his neck sniffs his wine, swishes it around a bit, and declares "Why Buffy, it seems as though this vintage does not have the rich full bouquet of other years."  It's a bunch of pretentious crap.  I laughed my ass off at all the episodes this season, and while you may find it lacking in an episode to episode story line, each episode does in fact have its own individual story.  When the final episode airs I'm sure the overall story of the season will be clear.  There exists the possibility that this season will in some way set up what happens in the movie, so relax.  This show is the funniest thing on television, and to pick it apart like some snob because it doesn't meet your standard of writing excellence is rediculous.  The charm of this show is the improvised side of it anyway.  Lighten up, light up :6paper: and enjoy.

Julians_Wife

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2006, 05:56 PM »

You are very welcome ;o)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 02:07 PM by Julians_Wife »

blonde_riot18

• http://spaces.msn.com/members/blonderiot18/
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2006, 05:59 PM »
It seems people are at opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to this season.  I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who finds this season lacking.  I've loved every episode to its fullest from season 1 - 5, but this season seems really slow and boring.  I've barely laughed out loud once...and it's not the lack of plot that bothers me, it's just the jokes and the situations are, to put it bluntly, weak.  Here's hoping the next few episodes improve  :beermug:...and by few, I mean two  :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:04 PM by blonde_riot18 »
»×Kä®ëÑ׫

Can someone tell me why a lion is trying to bang one of my boyfriends!?

Conky's #1 fan and PROUD!!

Julians_Wife

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2006, 06:01 PM »
There exists the possibility that this season will in some way set up what happens in the movie, so relax. 

From what I understand the boys have made it pretty clear that the movie and the shows are going to be pretty unrelated, they have stated numerous times that you wouldn't have to be a follower of the show to enjoy and understand the movie.

Moo

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Bubble's story I think was less "weird" than a lot of people are saying.  A friend of mine has severe arachnophobia from just seeing shadows of spiders from on his night-light from when he was a kid... he won't even go into restaurants that he sees spiders in on previous visits.  So having some traumatic experience like that doesn't seem that weird to me, it's just another one of those things that makes Bubbles "off", ya know?  I mean he's a weird dude, you just don't really know why, but little hints like his parents, Conky, and now this are just the kind of things that are what made Bubbles, well, Bubbles.

Plus, the character Bubbles has nothing going for him, although everyone on the show likes him and doesn't say bad things about him, you'd think if you were Bubbles you'd probably want to avoid telling as many embarrasing things as you can, you know? So it seems normal to me for a guy not to want to just say those things.  Not that he's a loser but you'd think a guy like that wouldn't have a lot of self-esteem, but that's just my impression. I wouldn't expect him to hurt Ricky's daughter like that, but I thought that when he did it, he didn't know it was going to cause her to fail.

I think this season is going for more of a mystery, "you kinda have to guess what's going on" type of thing.   You know somethings up between Randy and Ted (is it 'Ted'?), but you're left to guess if it's a plot on Julian & Co, or some old fasioned "community theater" action.  Lahey says he's spying on them, but except for the one scene of stolen property, the viewer is left to guess what kind of dirt he has. 

There's obviously some stuff going on now with Trevor, as he seem to just be falling apart while he's away from Corey, although Corey seems to be doing good.  Not sure if there's some meaning behind that, but maybe there will be a reason for all that later in the season.

One thing I've noticed so far this season that seem different, and kinda give a different 'vibe' to the show that might make some people like or dislike it:

1) Julian's missing!  He's been almost playing a bit part it seems this season, or at least he has a lot less screen time.  This gives a different vibe to the show, I think, now that it's more focused on Ricky, Bubbles, T&C, and Ray. 

2) Especially in this episode, there's not much screen time talking with the people who are trying to "get" the boys.  Usually there's some plotting against the boys that the viewer is guided through with either Randy or Lahey, but it seems not as much, especially in this eps.

3) The characters seem nicer to each other at times.  Ricky slaps hands with Corey, he talks with him like a father (earlier eps).  Lahey didn't seem pissed at all that his kitchen was trashed (or as pissed as he should be).  I can't think of some of the other instances, but people just seem to be yelling at each other less.  Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of conflict, but in some prior seasons it seems like everyone's always yelling at everyone, which gives it kinda of an edgy-er feel.

Just my two cents!   :6paper:

<edit>Forgot to add: I loved this eps!</edit>
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:07 PM by Moo »

Bl4ck3n3D

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2006, 06:45 PM »
For those of you who can't download it off the torrent site (cuz they are taking WAY too freakin long lol), I uploaded it to my server www.trailerparkboysblog.com/TPBse0604.zip  - right click save as

thank you very much :)

You are very welcome ;o)

Very much appreciated, thank you.

BeefJerky

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2006, 06:58 PM »
So you haven't laughed out loud during this season, but you did the other five?  That's absurd and speaks more to your peculiarity than it does to the show's percieved drop in quality.  Are you trying to tell me that Ricky trashing Lahey's trailer and his subsequent apology wasn't funny?  Piss juggs?  Cheeseburger pic-nics?  Give me a break, that is everything that is great about the show and season six has it in abundance.  Like I said, Trailer Park Boys snobbery at its finest.  I guarentee the people who poo-poo this season are the same people who can't wait to declare the movie doesn't live up to their "standards" and that the 'boys have sold out.   :roll:

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2006, 08:29 PM »
So you haven't laughed out loud during this season, but you did the other five?  That's absurd and speaks more to your peculiarity than it does to the show's percieved drop in quality.  Are you trying to tell me that Ricky trashing Lahey's trailer and his subsequent apology wasn't funny?  Piss juggs?  Cheeseburger pic-nics?  Give me a break, that is everything that is great about the show and season six has it in abundance.  Like I said, Trailer Park Boys snobbery at its finest.  I guarentee the people who poo-poo this season are the same people who can't wait to declare the movie doesn't live up to their "standards" and that the 'boys have sold out.   :roll:

I think if someone laughed at season 4, but won't laugh at season 6, then their sense of humour has changed between seasons. Because there's no question that 6 is better than 4.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

RumNCoke

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2006, 08:32 PM »
The other day in my study, surrounded by marble flooring and oak panelling, my pretentious, snobby colleagues and I were discussing the current season of TPB over a snifter of Remy Martin XO Special Fine Champagne Cognac. We concluded that at the present time some people would laugh at a blank screen as long as it was preceded by the TPB opening credits.

(Now that's sarcasm. :P)

Julians_Wife

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2006, 08:44 PM »
The other day in my study, surrounded by marble flooring and oak panelling, my pretentious, snobby colleagues and I were discussing the current season of TPB over a snifter of Remy Martin XO Special Fine Champagne Cognac. We concluded that at the present time some people would laugh at a blank screen as long as it was preceded by the TPB opening credits.

I do beg your pardon sir but I do believe you forgot your Cuban cigar  ;) LOL

Fucking Jacob

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2006, 08:46 PM »
Exactly RumNCoke.  You forgot to mention the box of Montecristo A's that we polished off that night.  Just lovely.   :lol:

Let me ask you this BeefJerky,

If someone repeats the same absolutely hilarious joke to you over and over and over again without making a single significant change, do you continue to laugh out loud every single time?

Are you the type of person who thinks your own children's shit smells like roses just because you love them?

Wait ... let me guess ... you already think episodes 5 and 6 are great, right?

Criticism is allowed if the product's quality goes down.  I am more than happy to take on the title of snob if it means avoiding a life of mindless acceptance.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 09:51 PM by Fucking Jacob »

Julians_Wife

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2006, 08:59 PM »
You forgot to mention that box of Montecristo A cigars that we polished off that night.  Just lovely.   :lol:

I thought that they were Montecristo C Edicion Limitada Cigars?  ;)

Vancouver

« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2006, 09:00 PM »
People call me a coffee snob...
meh.
I think my friend summed it up riiiiight here:

For all you non believers...

See you when you get your sense of humour back.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

BoTTleKid

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2006, 09:06 PM »
I watch Trailer Park Boys critically.
And I'm telling you, episode 4 was funny.
What would have made it better? A talking puppet? A drugged mountain lion? Bubbles getting Ricky and Julian to "play space"?
-

Shit machine gun

« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2006, 09:10 PM »
Criticism is allowed if the product's quality goes down.  I am more than happy to take on the title of snob if it means avoiding a life of mindless acceptance.

Who's saying the product's quality has gone down?  Not I.  And if you want to start a poll, I'm sure you'll find lots of people who really like this season, and aren't intent on just bashing it because Conky is fucking a mountain lion in field of supernatural Weed while Rita macneil sings fucking folk songs.

If all of you hate it so much, why even bother watching it and then posting about it.

EDIT:  Fuck BK, beat me by seconds. minutes.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Fucking Jacob

« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2006, 09:31 PM »
I can't believe how personally people take criticism of the show.  TPB rocks overall.  There are way more good episodes than bad.  Is that okay, or do I need to rub a few people's balls to make you guys feel better?   :lol:

Having said that, in my opinion, Season 6 episodes 1,2,3 & 4 were generally uninspired and boring with a small number of funny bits mixed in.  "If You Love Something, Set It Free" and "Conky" are probably the next 2 episodes on my very short "shit list".

Don't agree?  Good for you.  I thought this site was for open discussion and not just a big love-in.  If it's a rule that you must love every single episode without reservation before you can post on this site, somebody should have put that on the ID registration page.  I never would have signed up.   :roll:  :lol:  :)

BoTTleKid

« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2006, 09:37 PM »
I can't believe how personally people take criticism of the show.  TPB rocks overall.  There are way more good episodes than bad.  Is that okay, or do I need to rub a few people's balls to make you guys feel better?   :lol:

Having said that, in my opinion, Season 6 episodes 1,2,3 & 4 were generally uninspired and boring with a small number of funny bits mixed in.  "If You Love Something, Set It Free" and "Conky" are probably the next 2 episodes on my very short "shit list".

Don't agree?  Good for you.  I thought this site was for open discussion and not just a big love-in.  If it's a rule that you must love every single episode without reservation before you can post on this site, somebody should have put that on the ID registration page.  I never would have signed up.   :roll:  :lol:  :)

This seems like open discussion to me. Two sides of the arguement - one side likes it and the other doesn't. Who here wants you to quit posting?
-

HubbleBubble

« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2006, 10:20 PM »
I absolutely loved the new episodes.

I expected some sort of diminishment in quality, but Mike proved me wrong.

Props to the props guy too, he did one hell of a job on the dump Ray's living in, and Kitty Land.

And, did anyone notice mr. Lehey's appartment was spic 'n span before Ricky trashed it?

I laughed incessantly when Ricky tore it all down... Man that was hilarious...

Thank you Trailer Park Boys, for making my life a little sweeter.  :julian: :bubs: :ricky:
"You mean one of those big cocksuckers out in the ocean?"

kittenlover

« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2006, 10:25 PM »
I like this episode.  Nice to see the return of animals to the show. LOL seeing Trevor's shirt get ripped off again. Speaking of shirts, did everyone catch how the TPB's just stared at Randy getting out of officer Ted's cruiser wearing a shirt?  Laughed like crazy.

I still have faith in the season.  I believe it will all be explained in the next two episodes and that in retrospect, all the shows will set up the arc of the season's storyline.

We shall see.

blonde_riot18

• http://spaces.msn.com/members/blonderiot18/
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2006, 10:46 PM »
I thought this site was for open discussion and not just a big love-in.  If it's a rule that you must love every single episode without reservation before you can post on this site, somebody should have put that on the ID registration page.  I never would have signed up.   :roll:  :lol:  :)

Agreed.  I'm gonna play the cheese card here and say that if everyone in the world were the same, it would be a boring place.  And hey, I'm not afraid to say that Conky is my favourite episode. Ever.  I watch it over and over and laugh my ass off.  And personally, it sounds to me that someone who can't take a puppet or an animal cameo here and there is the snob, not me. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 10:24 AM by blonde_riot18 »
»×Kä®ëÑ׫

Can someone tell me why a lion is trying to bang one of my boyfriends!?

Conky's #1 fan and PROUD!!

Jdub

« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2006, 10:56 PM »

Ok, that cracked me up....LOL!!  Well done RnC, well done...

Ok, did anyone notice that when they were all back at the kittyland park waiting for "Ray drunk pet detective" to figure out what happend to the chicken,  Trevor,reaches down and picks up a piece of bread that Cory had tossed and starts eating it.....ha ha

Julians_Wife

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2006, 11:17 PM »
Clearly we're all not going to agree about the season and hey that's fine in my book, and for the record I have yet to meet a "snob" in this forum, since I started the scrapbook project, all kinds of people have been willing to help and some of them I barely even know because they rarely even post here, not too mention the support that I've been given by our regular crew and I don't think anyone could disagree with that.

Now could someone please pass me the grey poupon? LOL

Sam Losco

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2006, 01:54 AM »

I guess what this guy wrote, is right:  "Watching TPB is a guilty, albeit patronizing, pleasure for some, but the show also appeals to the -- shall we say -- less intellectual demographic, who laugh heartily at Ricky and Bubbles strictly at face value. Cussing, drinking, dope smoking and petty crime are entertaining - regardless of the subtle social commentary therein."  http://www.herenb.com/saintjohn/issues/0643/trash.html

I didn't want to believe that before.  It makes me almost as sad as the fact that Season 6 sucks.

But I guess there is some sort of happy innocence in the fact that people think "piss jugs" and "cheeseburger picnics" are "everything that is great about the show".  Congratulations on being the dumbest common denominator, dicktree. 
I only heard of one guy getting shot twice in one day in unrelated incidents, and he was a REAL dick.

BeefJerky

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2006, 03:09 AM »
now you are just being an arsehole there buddy, and in fact you made my point.  There is a certain class of viewer that you belong to, that is under the impression they are above others, that they detect some sort of drop in quality because they are so in tune with the airwaves or something.  You condescend to me, and claim I'm the stupid lowest denominator because I can laugh at piss jugs, and you fail to see how that portrays you as a snob or elitist.  Nice hypocrisy there buddy.  I think we both know who falls on the lower rungs of the intelligence ladder, and it isn't me.  The only thing you can judge by is if it makes you laugh, and this season makes me laugh.  If you can't find it funny, I'm sure showcase is still showing Queer as Folk, why don't you go get cozy with their message board, I'm sure they are full of your brand of chuckles.   Fucking caveman.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 03:11 AM by BeefJerky »