Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 6 Episode Four  (Read 47630 times)

Saucy Bastard

Re: Season 6 Episode Four
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2006, 12:19 AM »
:lol: :lol: Oscar Goldman. Does anyone remember where that name comes from? Perfect thing to come outta a mid thirty's guy's mind. Oscar was The Six Million Dollar Man's Boss....
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Fucking Jacob

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2006, 12:23 AM »
Looks like I'm going to be the lone negative voice here. I'm glad it's a short season because, just like last year, I'm not finding it funny. I don't expect TPB to have a sophisticated plot, but I'd like something that marginally resembles one. S1 was about getting their grow-op back in operation, S2 was about Freedom 35, S3 was about the cruise, S4 was about growing and selling the mutant weed, and S5 was about hiding and selling Cyrus' hash. What the hell is this season about? Nothing. Sure there's Julian's real estate plans but that's barely been developed. As someone pointed out it's just a bunch of random, and I'll say mediocre, episodes slapped together. A show of this nature can't have a long run, and I think we're seeing the evidence of that now. Can any of you honestly tell me that you're finding these newer episodes as funny and as satisfying as the episodes of seasons 1 to 3? :roll:

You're not alone RNC.  I was involved in tv production for a few years in the 90's, and I know that I watch shows in a slightly different, more critical way than most people ... but man I don't know what people are talking about when they use words like "classic" to describe any episode that's aired this season.  This season is definitely weak and it comes down to one main reason - the writing.  It applies to all films and tv shows.  If you don't have a solid script, you don't have shit.  In my opinion, a stong story with mediocre actors will always win out over a weak script with solid actors.  If someone can tell me what the underlying theme to S6 is, I'd love to hear it.  There hasn't even been a strong underlying story within a single episode.  The actors have very little to work with these days ... and with only 2 episodes to go, it seems to me that this season will be a near total write-off.  One theory going around is that most of the recent quality writing went into the TPB movie.  I sure hope so.  It would crush me if the film sucked too.  Regardless, there is no way I'm putting down hard earned $$$ to buy these ones on DVD.  I love the boys, so I hope there's a miracle in eppys 5 & 6.  If it doesn't happen, I will just cross my fingers and hope things get back on track for S7.  I'll miss Cory and Trevor alot next season (Trev is my fave of all), but I fear they are doing the right thing in leaving the show now.

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2006, 12:47 AM »
Please see my post on the season 6 story arch in this thread

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=5291.0

in regard to

If someone can tell me what the underlying theme to S6 is, I'd love to hear it. 

Anything specific regarding S6E4?

Sam Losco

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2006, 03:49 AM »
These episodes just feel really canned and superficial.  Sort of like they are doing a paint by numbers version of the show.  Episode four had some funny moments, but overall it felt like a cheap imitation of TPB, imo.

I think Trevor's getting ready to come out of the closet....
I only heard of one guy getting shot twice in one day in unrelated incidents, and he was a REAL dick.

RangerF150

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2006, 05:46 AM »
Looks like I'm going to be the lone negative voice here. I'm glad it's a short season because, just like last year, I'm not finding it funny. I don't expect TPB to have a sophisticated plot, but I'd like something that marginally resembles one. S1 was about getting their grow-op back in operation, S2 was about Freedom 35, S3 was about the cruise, S4 was about growing and selling the mutant weed, and S5 was about hiding and selling Cyrus' hash. What the hell is this season about? Nothing. Sure there's Julian's real estate plans but that's barely been developed. As someone pointed out it's just a bunch of random, and I'll say mediocre, episodes slapped together. A show of this nature can't have a long run, and I think we're seeing the evidence of that now. Can any of you honestly tell me that you're finding these newer episodes as funny and as satisfying as the episodes of seasons 1 to 3? :roll:

You're not alone RNC.  I was involved in tv production for a few years in the 90's, and I know that I watch shows in a slightly different, more critical way than most people ... but man I don't know what people are talking about when they use words like "classic" to describe any episode that's aired this season.  This season is definitely weak and it comes down to one main reason - the writing.  It applies to all films and tv shows.  If you don't have a solid script, you don't have shit.  In my opinion, a stong story with mediocre actors will always win out over a weak script with solid actors.  If someone can tell me what the underlying theme to S6 is, I'd love to hear it.  There hasn't even been a strong underlying story within a single episode.  The actors have very little to work with these days ... and with only 2 episodes to go, it seems to me that this season will be a near total write-off.  One theory going around is that most of the recent quality writing went into the TPB movie.  I sure hope so.  It would crush me if the film sucked too.  Regardless, there is no way I'm putting down hard earned $$$ to buy these ones on DVD.  I love the boys, so I hope there's a miracle in eppys 5 & 6.  If it doesn't happen, I will just cross my fingers and hope things get back on track for S7.  I'll miss Cory and Trevor alot next season (Trev is my fave of all), but I fear they are doing the right thing in leaving the show now.

I have not seen Ep 3 + 4 yet, but Ep 1+ 2 were very lame, I suspect there ain't much in 3 + 4 either by the sound's of things . My bro is recording all the Ep's for me and sending the lot to me at the end of the season.

IMHO history will record that S5 was the last good TBP's production.
It would seem to me that boredom has set in with the TPB's team.

But then I was told I was just full of bullshit and looking for reason's not to like TPB's , so WTF do I know !!!! 
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

KarateCollie

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2006, 05:49 AM »
Ok, so I liked this show more so than last week's, but there are some really weird parts that just seem to go no where. Like the snake biting Ricky's dick, and I expected a little more to the "Julian acting as Trinity's dad" thing. Guess it may be leading up to more. I don't know, the show needs more sex talk! Hahaha. Oh, well, 2 eps left.
KarateCollie

tan

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2006, 08:55 AM »
i personally think that alot of people are trying to really find a plot or a point to the show and its not working....ok the snake bit my cock and trevor saying suck the poison out...
       ok...has anyone ever watched the discovery channel  :-s  like yeah i have seen it plenty a snake bites ya ....get the poison sucked out....it just happen ricky got bit on his private ...doesn't mean anything i think it was set up perfect...unsuspected and totally hilarious....it doesn't mean no one is gay.....as far as the mushroom looking like a cock didn't ya guys notice ray totally jumped in and said it was a sign....that mushroom thingie only helped ray be more funny...
       ya guy sit back relax and just watch it.....ya guys are getting too serious over this show and missing the funny parts
   and besides.....sucky eps or not...they still probably have alot more money than most of us put together.....look at friends how many people hated them series and look how much they got paid per ep.....hahaha

tan

allan key

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2006, 09:22 AM »
I thought this was the funniest episode of the season so far. I do agree that this season seems a little weak compared to others. I don't agree that seasons 1-3 were the funniest though. All of the first 5 seasons were hilarious. One particular season does not stand out for me.

One thing to remember though - the worst episode of TPB is still funnier that anything else on TV.

I Was Gettin Changed

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2006, 09:54 AM »
I thought this EP was pretty funny. Still not the TPB I've come to know and love. Curious to see where this is all leading.. Only 2 left??? :shock:

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2006, 09:55 AM »
I don't think TPB will ever be as funny or original as it was in 1-3. Most of you that know me know I absolutely hate season 4 - it wasn't even funny. 5 is good, but so far I like 6 more than 5.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Pissjug

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Folks,

Its a series about a trailer Park! No need for serious plot lines, its abstract mayhem most the time. Sit back with a propeller beer and enjoy some Canadiana

24 will be on Tuesday so you can get your plot line fix then

I just love seein, Bubbs and the crew every Sunday. Like Family to me now

Whats up with Randy and Officer whats his face.......... i bet there is more cheese elsewhere than on the burgers  :lol:

Julians_Wife

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Well I'm sorry but I'm going to have to agree with the "minority" of the crowd and say I'm not liking it too much either. I think it probably has to do with the fact of the movie coming out, maybe they were rushed or something with production because of the movie.

And I don't think anyone here is asking for a serious plot line, just a plot line, there isn't one at all, yes I get the Lahey sober surveillance thing and Julians real estate deal, but it's not tying in together very well at all. Hopefully they can do some serious damage control with the next two episodes, if not the only reason why I will even consider buying the DVD's is because they go in the series.

KarateCollie

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Hey, Season 4 was my absolute favorite!! I can't stop lovin' the show, no matter how strange the storyline gets.
KarateCollie

elle*

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2006, 11:32 AM »
I LOVED this episode... it was definetaly the best so far this season!  One of the funniest ever.  Trevor was so hilarious...omg...best line of the night, "Mr. Lahey, Julian's out here with his shirt off lifting weights and he wants you to come and have a drink with him."  LOL!  Lahey comes right out.  Trevor was really really funny in this one!  'hey guys this mushrooms shaped like a cock.'    :ricky: "Trevor can you stop thinking about cocks for ten fucken seconds." haha.
Ray and Lahey were really funny too... I liked Lahey and the chicken scene when he was talking to it..everything was great.  I gotta watch this one again cause it was hilarious!
I don't really care about storylines and plots too much, as long as its funny.
Oh by the way, what was the cop's name that was with Randy?
"Can you read son?"
"That depends, can you go fuck yourself?" - Bubbles

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7989/userbar187833rm.gif[/img]

Ms Vee

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Dam I couldn't watch it last night. Our internet and TV cable was down since Sunday am, (some SUV hit a pole on my street,thankfully the people weren't badly injured) and service just came back up a while ago.  Oh well I will have to wait till Wednesday.

eric

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2006, 12:31 PM »
The funniest part for me was when Ricky asks Ray where a guy "can take a piss around here".

"Thru there, first door on the left"  like its 5000 sq ft house or something, and then Ricky actually goes thru the cab, pops out the side and starts pissing. Reminded me of WKRP in Cincinnati where the guy had the pretend office and made everybody knock on his pretend door.

The mushroom scene was pretty funny too.  First laughing at Trevor noticing that a mushroom looks like a cock, then seeing the close-up and realizing that, well, it does look like a cock. 

The reaction Cory and Trevor have everytime they see each other classic.

i_of_the_sh*ticane

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2006, 12:32 PM »
my favourite bit: the very first scene - look closely at how Ricky had fallen asleep - hint - to do with his hand..

Julians_Wife

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2006, 12:40 PM »
For those of you who can't download it off the torrent site (cuz they are taking WAY too freakin long lol), I've got one, just shoot me a PM
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 02:08 PM by Julians_Wife »

Tipsy McStagger

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2006, 01:37 PM »
I enjoyed this episode more than some of the others this season.  Ricky's attempt to convince the teacher not to fail his daughter was great but I'm biased, because like Trevor I love Ricky.

Lucy was looking damn hot in those fish nets infact she and Sara have looked great this season !  Loved Lucy's her line at the end "hook a girl up".

:beermug:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 01:50 PM by Tipsy »

"i ahve qit the org cuz ppl wont maid ther own bussin" - greenbasterd

Joe Lahey

• Location: I Ain't Straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the Trailer
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2006, 02:15 PM »
Wouldnt the end of this episode  have been the perfect opportunity to test out Trevors theory about sucking the poison from the snake out of Ricky? knowhatimsayin? :perv1:
Sam Losco is tough on crime

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2006, 02:20 PM »
my favourite bit: the very first scene - look closely at how Ricky had fallen asleep - hint - to do with his hand..

with his hand in a chipbag? lol

I liked,
R: "Oscar Goldman is missing, nobody knows where he is..."
L: "How is that possible? You were taking care of him."
R: "I know but he's an idiot! All he does it run around, and peck at things, lookin at insects, stick his little beak in gum, and drives me nuts!"
L: "Ricky he's a little chicken. If Trinity flunks this project because Oscar Goldman is missing, I'm going to lose, my fucking, mind.

Did anyone else laugh when Lahey said "buk buk buk yourself."
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Shit machine gun

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2006, 02:41 PM »
For all you non believers...

See you when you get your sense of humour back.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

elle*

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2006, 02:54 PM »
Did anyone else laugh when Lahey said "buk buk buk yourself."

Holy shit yes, that was great!  That whole scene with him and the chicken was funny.
 :rofl:
"Can you read son?"
"That depends, can you go fuck yourself?" - Bubbles

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7989/userbar187833rm.gif[/img]

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Good episode, not as good as last weeks but sure laughed out loud several times.

*Trevor getting beaten by the woman while hes pushing Ricky's Car

*Ricky trashing Laheys Kitchen!!

where deffently my fav moments, also liked :

*the Intro

*Ray Drunk Pet Detective

*Randy Starin

*Ricky complaining about Oscar Goldman
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 03:51 PM by Djet3k »
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

allan key

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2006, 04:08 PM »
More great Bubbles moments when he was discussing the chicken. Maybe someone can get the exact quotes.

"Those shifty little bastards all look alike."
"Those crafty cocksuckers..."