Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 6 Episode Four  (Read 46761 times)

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
Re: Season 6 Episode Four
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2006, 03:53 AM »
What a great episode!! C&T are histarical :lol:
I really like this season :D
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2006, 07:45 AM »
I don't want to get caught up in the shit-storm about this episode, I just want to remind everyone that we're all entitled to our individual opinions & personal attacks on members accomplishes nothing.

I thought this episode was funny, but the third episode is my favourite so far. Most of the things I found funny have already been pointed out (see Shake's list of highlights a few pages ago). I like how Trevor had lots of camera time (without having to act like a dog), & I hope that Cory has just as much on-screen time next episode.
Although I'm also a fan of a plot that ties everything together, I don't think it is absolutely necessary to a show like TPB; the first season was about Julian & Ricky getting their lives back in order, but it's not like this was harped upon over & over like in the 5th season (the main focus of the majority of the episodes was the hash driveway).
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

KarateCollie

« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2006, 08:01 AM »
I'll have to agree with you there Melba. No sense in argueing about this season, voice you're opinions cause you're entitled, but no need for insults. It's all about the funny stuff and what TPB brings to our lives, right?
KarateCollie

shake

« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2006, 08:02 AM »
I don't want to get caught up in the shit-storm about this episode, I just want to remind everyone that we're all entitled to our individual opinions & personal attacks on members accomplishes nothing.

Good point Melba there is no need to resort to name-calling, remember we are only talking about a TV show here.  People aren’t always going to agree on what is funny that is a given.

Although I'm also a fan of a plot that ties everything together, I don't think it is absolutely necessary to a show like TPB; the first season was about Julian & Ricky getting their lives back in order, but it's not like this was harped upon over & over like in the 5th season (the main focus of the majority of the episodes was the hash driveway).

Yeah I think the storyline of this season is similar to the first season.  So far it about Ricky, Julian and Bubbles trying to get their own "legit" businesses going, again trying to get their lives in order.  Along the way funny things happen, just like in season 1.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2006, 08:21 AM »
I hope Jroc is allot in the next one,  only had the lil scene where he introduces his two baby momas! for now.

We need a grocery wars follow up story!

Jroc! Baby!

Posted on: 09-05-2006, 15:16:15
My highlights:

I didn’t like Ricky trashing the kitchen at all, just like I didn’t like it last year when he destroyed J-ROC’s stuff.  I like the likeable Ricky much more than the out of control Ricky.

LOL i love how he always says that fuck ups like that are not his faulth, got a bit out of control :) + I always laugh my ass of with the random chaos they bring to the show..

And did he really trash jrocs place?? didnt he just take the stuff they bought with his money :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 08:23 AM by Djet3k »
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

shake

« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2006, 08:23 AM »
Yeah I haven't seen the scene in awhile but I remember he smashed a bunch of his albums, which he later says he shouldn't have.  He stole their washing machine and ended up trashing it because he was so clumsy.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2006, 08:24 AM »
Yeah I haven't seen the scene in awhile but I remember he smashed a bunch of his albums, which he later says he shouldn't have.  He stole their washing machine and ended up trashing it because he was so clumsy.

Ow yeah your right! i forgot he smashed they re fuckin albums!

"Which i maybe shouldn't have did" where the lines if im correct :)
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

shake

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2006, 08:30 AM »
Yeah, and it was their dryer he took, not their washing machine like I first posted.  He also broke the glass in the door taking it from J-ROCs.

ShitLeopard

• Subfighter.com
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2006, 08:44 AM »
Trevor:"Mr.Lahey,Julian's lifting weights without his shirt on and he wants to know if you want to have a drink with him!!"   That's classic,lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:
R.I.P. Dad

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2006, 09:05 AM »
:lol: :lol: Oscar Goldman. Does anyone remember where that name comes from? Perfect thing to come outta a mid thirty's guy's mind. Oscar was The Six Million Dollar Man's Boss....

Thats correct sir!!
Posted on: May 09, 2006, 08:48 AM
Best lines gotta be....

Ray..."Shhhh listen ....."
Ricky.."Are u drunk?"
Ray..."Yes...listen"

[attachment deleted by admin]
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Moo

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2006, 09:25 AM »
So you haven't laughed out loud during this season, but you did the other five?  That's absurd and speaks more to your peculiarity than it does to the show's percieved drop in quality.  Are you trying to tell me that Ricky trashing Lahey's trailer and his subsequent apology wasn't funny?  Piss juggs?  Cheeseburger pic-nics?  Give me a break, that is everything that is great about the show and season six has it in abundance.  Like I said, Trailer Park Boys snobbery at its finest.  I guarentee the people who poo-poo this season are the same people who can't wait to declare the movie doesn't live up to their "standards" and that the 'boys have sold out.   :roll:

I guess what this guy wrote, is right:  "Watching TPB is a guilty, albeit patronizing, pleasure for some, but the show also appeals to the -- shall we say -- less intellectual demographic, who laugh heartily at Ricky and Bubbles strictly at face value. Cussing, drinking, dope smoking and petty crime are entertaining - regardless of the subtle social commentary therein."  http://www.herenb.com/saintjohn/issues/0643/trash.html

I didn't want to believe that before.  It makes me almost as sad as the fact that Season 6 sucks.

But I guess there is some sort of happy innocence in the fact that people think "piss jugs" and "cheeseburger picnics" are "everything that is great about the show".  Congratulations on being the dumbest common denominator, dicktree. 

Why can't someone laugh at both?  You don't have to be a stupid to laugh at piss jugs.  The show has some subtle jokes (quite a few, really) that your 'dumbest common denominator' might not pick up, but so what?  Does it bother you that someone chuckles when the boys swear but miss the Oscar Goldman reference?  It shouldn't, but apparently it does.

It's one thing to rag on a show, but to knock on the people who enjoy it because they like different things about it is just being a prick.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 09:33 AM by Moo »

elle*

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Ray..."Shhhh listen ....."
Ricky.."Are u drunk?"
Ray..."Yes...listen"

omg... that was so funny!  That was the best line from Ray. 
Reading all this stuff makes me want to watch it again so bad!
"Can you read son?"
"That depends, can you go fuck yourself?" - Bubbles

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7989/userbar187833rm.gif[/img]

cat-dog

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2006, 10:43 AM »

The season 5 dvd has the whole thing (Ricky taking JRoc & T's shit) in an easter egg :) I was amazed at all the shit he was tossing around. Looked like some pretty decent studio gear
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

blonde_riot18

• http://spaces.msn.com/members/blonderiot18/
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Why can't someone laugh at both?  You don't have to be a stupid to laugh at piss jugs.  The show has some subtle jokes (quite a few, really) that your 'dumbest common denominator' might not pick up, but so what?  Does it bother you that someone chuckles when the boys swear but miss the Oscar Goldman reference?  It shouldn't, but apparently it does.

It's one thing to rag on a show, but to knock on the people who enjoy it because they like different things about it is just being a prick.

Well said, just what I was thinking after reading all this hostility.  I'm really surprised at how up in arms people are getting over this show.  :shock: ...Of all shows too!  I think, wait, know that it is possible to appreciate piss jugs and cheeseburger picnics, and puppets and mountain lions, and whatever other "face value" things there are in the show...while at the same time appreciating character development and subtle things.

For example, I was watching the samsquatch episode (watch someone try to nail me as some type of mediocre fan because I don't know the name of it off-hand :roll:) for about the  90th or so time, and noticed that Ricky takes Julian's R&C and pours some in his cereal, right before he says "Fuck this is good cereal!"  If you don't pay attention to little things in the background, a lot of the jokes in this show are lost.  One of my favourite J-ROC moments is in one of the earlier seasons when he walks away from the shot doing this little crypt walk with his pimp cane.  I crack up every time while everyone else will say "what the hell are you laughing at?"

Although I'm not the biggest fan of this season, and I much prefer the "old school" season   1 and 2, and even 4 and 5, I still appreciate the subtle jokes and character development.   It just happens that I miss laughing and being entertained by the less "refined" things.  And if those less refined things were meant to be poo pooh-ed at, then don't make a show based entirely around drunk and stoned trailer park life in the first place.         
»×Kä®ëÑ׫

Can someone tell me why a lion is trying to bang one of my boyfriends!?

Conky's #1 fan and PROUD!!

RangerF150

« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2006, 11:44 AM »

The season 5 dvd has the whole thing (Ricky taking JRoc & T's shit) in an easter egg :) I was amazed at all the shit he was tossing around. Looked like some pretty decent studio gear

I saw an Alesis SR16 drum machine in that lot , a fine drum machine :-)
I don't know who owened it but I bet they were reduced to tear's as they saw it flying around the place at the hand's of Ricky !
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

cat-dog

« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Yeah ^^ I've mentioned before that one of my favourite things about TPB is all the inadvertent humour. There's so many 'little' things that go on, in the dialogue, the actions, facial expressions that easily go unnoticed by different viewing demographics.

There's fans that watch the show solely for anytime Bubbles is on screen, just seeing him makes them laugh. There's people that watch it for Julian, for Ricky (or Both), or the ensemble, and vice versa. To each his (or her) own I say. There's elements in every show/season that appeal to a broad spectrum of people, that's certainly something that can't be disputed.

One of my biggest laughs this episode was when Ricky was talking about it not being that bad if Trinity fails grade 6.. you know, '...it'll be a lot easier, and she'd be bigger - so a lot of the other kids will think she's cool.' - hillarious.. Or Trevor saying the chicken isn't smarter, but it might be tougher. The amazing piss jug toss by Ray. Or the last image you see in the chicken catching scene is Trevor falling down while trying to push the shitmobile while being beaten up by a girl. I personally found a lot of laughs in this one. Also, if you've ever had to feed chickens as a kid, and been chased by a whole shitload of them (or relentlessly pecked) you know exactly what Bubbles is talking about.. I hate those shifty bastards just as much. It doesn't take getting chased too many times before you get scarred for life :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Vancouver

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2006, 02:46 PM »
hmm...I thinking...(yes Im thinking!)
Somebody who went to the Marquee said they talked to the Boys about Season6 and both Jules and Ricky said it was some of their best work ever...it seems insulting to them to conclude that it is not, when they say it is...I for one would not be comfortable insulting the Boys by posting that this season sucks.
This season fackin rocks!!  :6paper:
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2006, 04:49 PM »
For the people that where on the tour i knew i saw that barn where they try to steal the chicken. And actually even remembered where. Only thing is haven't found one decent pic of it.

The barn was right across the entrance if I'm not mistaken but I'm really thinking it was that one..

I added the only pic i found where you can see it, on the left

[attachment deleted by admin]

RockJ

« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2006, 05:17 PM »
The season seems gerat so far.  I think that most of us are wondering where it will end up with only 2 episodes left.  By now, the end seems certain..  There were many great memorable episodes with the snake bite, missing chicken and the piss jugs again....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 06:01 PM by RockJ »
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

cottonelle lover

• Location: Took a lot of Bullshit but I made it. Canada is home now
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2006, 02:21 AM »
"Those Shifty Bastards...."  say no more...*LAUGHS*  and I agree, the "are you drunk yes, but listen"  line had me in stitches...Great Episode not to mention Ricky's opening and closing statements..CLASSIC.  oh, and that was the best cock shaped shroom I have EVER seen.. *laughs*

M16theReligion

« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2006, 12:34 PM »
That was an excellent episode.

At Manchester/FC United we have a saying that somebody is "Redder than Red" if they try too hard to portray that they're the biggest United fan in the world. These people criticise everything about the club because they're "so Red that I can see beyond my Red-tinted glasses".

Well...some users here have a simple case of being Redder than Red.

Julians_Wife

« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2006, 01:07 PM »

Good point Melba there is no need to resort to name-calling, remember we are only talking about a TV show here.  People aren’t always going to agree on what is funny that is a given.

Maybe this point needs to be brought back up again?

I can see people wanting to ensure that their point is clear, but why on earth do some of you have to resort to calling  each other names or pass judgement about the people in this forum, just because they are expressing their opinion? We have a few teenagers in this forum and frankly I've never even seen any of them even resort to name calling in their discussions.

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2006, 03:06 PM »
I hope most people realize that this is just a T.V. show called "Trailer Park Boys", it's about smokin' weed, drinkin' rum and good friends hanging with their kitties. I think their are some people taking it a little bit too far, starting to call other people names because of it is just plain ridiculous  :roll:

Bring on Episode 5
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

DopePlant

« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2006, 04:44 PM »
its the same for every season, people always bitch and complain, it seems to make them feel better for some reason.

i laughed a bit and i'm happy. i dont get angry that a fucking tv show didnt make me laugh more or less or whatever. its the way she goes. the way of the road.
not me and you, arsehole... me and her !

RangerF150

« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2006, 06:52 PM »
I hope most people realize that this is just a T.V. show called "Trailer Park Boys", it's about smokin' weed, drinkin' rum and good friends hanging with their kitties. I think their are some people taking it a little bit too far, starting to call other people names because of it is just plain ridiculous  :roll:

Bring on Episode 5
Amen to that !
Sure I would be a "critic" of S6, and I am not a "snob" either!
At the end of the day we are all fan's of TPB's, that's why we are here.
A bad episode of TPB's still beat's the hell out of anything else on TV.
Name calling is not called for, a healthy debate about "what you think about X episode" is perfectly valid, I will never understand why some people don't like the Conky episode, for me it's a classic, for many it's not. No big deal.

Let's not forget the always present theme in TPB's , family and friend's stick together, always.
That's what TPB's was about , is about, and make's it what it is.
The least we can do is try emulate that in real life :-)
Sometime's people ain't around long enough to say "sorry".

It's nice to be nice :-)
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !