Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Canadian Concerts  (Read 28989 times)

Melba the Disco Queen

Re: Canadian Concerts
« Reply #75 on: Aug 20, 2007, 09:28 PM »
Start growing that facial hair again! :lol: Seriously, it really does make you look older.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #76 on: Aug 20, 2007, 09:36 PM »
Start growing that facial hair again! :lol: Seriously, it really does make you look older.

I already have :lol:
I really hope it works.
I'm also might dress myself up in like a casual looking leather jacket and maybe wear my glasses for once.
Oh, and put a ring on my wedding finger :lol:

If I don't get in I'll tell the door man to go fuck himself then just watch the concert from outside of the ball field :lol:
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Shit machine gun

« Reply #77 on: Aug 20, 2007, 10:14 PM »
Just tell em you're the old folks designated driver.  Tell them to mark you dry on your hand or something.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Refuckulator

« Reply #78 on: Aug 25, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Just about to leave for the April Wine concert.
Wish me luck!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #79 on: Aug 25, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Good luck refuck :) We want a full report when you get home.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Refuckulator

« Reply #80 on: Aug 25, 2007, 09:24 PM »
I got IDed :lol:
Told the guy I was at a party since 11am and I had dropped my wallet and that some one stole all my identification. I pulled out my wallet (that I had emptied just before walking to the gate) and showed them. Multiple security guys got called over and then one asked me my birth date and without hesitation I said, "April 29, '88." and one of the guards said, "Well, I was born in '86 and I'm 21 so...."
I had told them that I bought tickets for my mother and her friend for this and it would blow if I couldn't get in. I also told them to mark me dry because I'm the designated driver (Thanks SMG)
Another guard ending up getting called over and finally I got the answer I wanted, "Yeah, he'll be fine. Go ahead."

The opening bands were kind of dull. Just local rookie bands mostly playing songs that no one had heard of before... One of them did play Yer Not The Ocean by the Hip which wasn't bad!
April Wine kicked ass!!! They played a lot of their greatest hits including I'm On Fire For You Baby... they said they hadn't played it in a while but because of the TPB Movie they decided to start doing it live again.
My favorite song they played was Tonight Is A Wonderful Time to Fall In Love. Say Hello was really good too.

Lots of dope going around and tons of liquor!
It was a good time :D

Ms Vee

« Reply #81 on: Aug 25, 2007, 09:30 PM »
I knew you could pull it off!  Good on you!

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #82 on: Aug 25, 2007, 09:41 PM »
Good times Matt.  Hmmmm .............. did you guys trash the Darmouth ferry after the concert? ;)

Refuckulator

« Reply #83 on: Aug 25, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Good times Matt.  Hmmmm .............. did you guys trash the Darmouth ferry after the concert? ;)

Yupp, we drove from Sackville to the Halifax Waterfront, got on the ferry and fucked it over!!! :D
Haha, but seriously, no :( I wish.

shake

« Reply #84 on: Aug 26, 2007, 12:39 AM »
Awesome Matt so glad you to experience April Wine live.  I was raised on that stuff, I take it for granted.  And yes you are right Tonight Is A Wonderful Time to Fall In Love.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #85 on: Aug 26, 2007, 01:22 AM »
Matt, I'm very proud of you :D You're one slick ORGster!
Represent ;)
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #86 on: Aug 26, 2007, 01:29 AM »
Good job Matt Good job :clap:  I must say though I first saw April Wine back in the spring of 1979 when they opened for STYX on their Pieces of Eight tour.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #87 on: Aug 26, 2007, 05:16 AM »
Atta boy Matty.  Glad they let you in.  Designated Drivers get respect at most bars.  You probably could have asked for some free non-alcoholic drinks too, but that may have been pushing it. 

Honestly I couldn't name 3 april wine songs, but they are a part of Canadiana.  they play up here in Kemptville on Sept 1.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Brophy

« Reply #88 on: Aug 26, 2007, 06:32 AM »
Congrats Matty!
I thought about you yesterday (I was at JoHo).. T and I were both hoping you would get in.. yay!  Glad you enjoyed it too, I saw them when I was young but I cannot remember the show, Ill have to dig out some old stuff and re-listen. 
CB :)
Nom Nom Nom

shake

« Reply #89 on: Aug 26, 2007, 08:47 AM »
Yes to anybody that is not familiar with April Wine I would strongly recommend you give their stuff a listen.  They have a ridiculous amount of really good songs that they put out over the years.  Even some of their "newer" stuff is very solid.

Refuckulator

« Reply #90 on: Aug 26, 2007, 01:47 PM »
They have a ridiculous amount of really good songs that they put out over the years.

Very true!!
When I began listening to them a year or so back I couldn't believe how many songs by them I recognized and already loved! Great band!

Refuckulator

« Reply #91 on: Aug 26, 2007, 02:28 PM »
Forgot to mention,
Another one of my favorites they played was "You Could Have Been A Lady". I think that was the second song they played :D

sohcahtoa

« Reply #92 on: Sep 16, 2007, 03:03 PM »
Saw the Blue Man Group last night. I was one of the coolest stage shows I think I've ever seen. Picked up my tickets to the Styx/Def Leppard and Rob Zombie/Ozzy shows while I was at the arena as well.  :D
"Just cus' her dad's a bit of a fuckup, pardon my language in front of all these kids."

golfinwithflames

« Reply #93 on: Oct 03, 2007, 12:43 AM »
Good job Matt Good job :clap:  I must say though I first saw April Wine back in the spring of 1979 when they opened for STYX on their Pieces of Eight tour.

I saw that tour as well (though not in Canada). I'm pretty sure it was Largo Maryland AKA/the Capital Center. The lead singer of Styx came out in a Doctor's coat and stethoscope and acted drunk during the first song.

April wine was flawless then. Everyone I was with was mesmerized.

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #94 on: Oct 03, 2007, 01:07 AM »
Yeah Golfinwithflames, I did not see it in Canada either.  I saw the show in Portland's (Oregon) Memorial Coliseum. Everyone there loved that show and had nothing but good things to say about April Wine as well. 

Shit machine gun

« Reply #95 on: Dec 13, 2007, 10:29 AM »
Got me some Tragically Hip tickets for Kingston Feb 23.  They are the first concert in the city's new Entertainment/Hockey complex downtown.  Didn't get good floors (yet) but will try tomorrow when the general public sale goes on. 

Hip and Foos in the winter yea boy.

I HATE Conky

Shit machine gun

« Reply #96 on: Dec 14, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Went online today and got second row tickets for the Hip show in kingston.  Gonna have to sell a couple now but I don't care.  Second row again baby.

I HATE Conky

golfinwithflames

« Reply #97 on: Jan 17, 2008, 02:01 PM »
Just got the latest update on the extended Rush tour.

Canada shows are:

(late May - early June)

Molson Amphitheater - Toronto, ON
Credit Union Centre - Saskatoon, SK
MTS Centre - Winnipeg, MB
Halifax Metro Centre - Halifax, NS
Harbour Station - St.John, New Brunswick

Actual dates for Canada shows not yet posted.

I'd like to come see them in Halifax. There are two dates in Ohio I'll attend, Monday, June 30: Riverbend Music Center - Cincinnati, OH, Schottenstein Center - Columbus, OH, then hopefully jet northward to Canada. I'd love to meet some Orgsters at the Metro Centre.

golfinwithflames

« Reply #98 on: Feb 26, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Rush
Remember, Canadian and US pre-sales will go on sale Tuesday, February 26th at
 www.rush.musictoday.com.  Cities include Toronto, Montreal, St. Louis, Kansas City, Washington DC and St. Paul!

For US cities, make sure you are registered in advance at http://rush.musictoday.com
For Canadian cities, make sure you are registered in advance at
 http://rushintl.tickets.musictoday.com

This message was sent by
SRO Management Inc./Anthem Entertainment Group
189 Carlton St
Toronto, ON  M5A 2K7
CANADA

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #99 on: Feb 28, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Funny thing happened to me on Monday this week driving home from work...  Listening to a little greeezy classic rock on Q107 here in Toronto... and doesn't the even greeeezier Kim Mitchell announce that he's taking caller 7 for a pair of Rush tickets if they can correctly identify the Rush member that appeared as a security guard in the TPB movie...  I called in... and I was caller 7!  Of course, Alex Lifeson is the correct answer.  They will be contacting me when I can pick up the pair of tickets - the concert was announced on Monday so they don't have the tickets just yet!   Rock n'f'in' Roll  :headbang:
Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.