Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Canadian Concerts  (Read 32400 times)

Vancouver

Re: 2006 Canadian Concerts
« Reply #25 on: Jul 14, 2006, 08:16 PM »
yeah the WHO tickets are freakin outrageous. I tried to win some today off the radio. no such luck...
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #26 on: Jul 14, 2006, 08:37 PM »
Yeah I caught a bit of their act at the Bluesfest here, Wednesday? I think, all the nights are running together for me now, the festival runs for 10 straight days.  Anyway I didn't see too much of them but yeah good sound/show.

OMFG dude don't get me started.  they played Debra Kedabra for fuck sakes.  anyone who knows Zappa knows what happens after Debra Kedabra (Carolina Hard-Core Ecstacy).  the guitar solo for Son Of Orange County, was Black Napkins.  they opened with Help I'm A Rock, which morphed into Call Any Vegetable and back again.  they played Mother People.  they fucking played Watermelon In Easter Hay!

i'm not kidding.

http://www.thegrandmothers.com/
"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #27 on: Jul 20, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Tool at the Molson Amphitheatre in September - Toronto!!!  Tickets on sale 10:00 on Saturday... I'll be there...  8)
Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

sohcahtoa

« Reply #28 on: Jul 20, 2006, 11:29 PM »
I was listening to the radio on my way to S'toon today and it's rumored that the Stones will be coming to either Regina or S'toon around October. Tickets = $100 for bleeders, $300 for 'good seats'.

I love the Rolling Stones as much as the next person, but after seeing some of their recent performences on TV and DVD I gotta say that even $100 might be pushin' it.
"Just cus' her dad's a bit of a fuckup, pardon my language in front of all these kids."

Shit machine gun

« Reply #29 on: Jul 25, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Just in from Email

ROLLING STONES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR
Boston, MA    Gillette Stadium    Sept 20, 2006    
Halifax, NS    Halifax Commons    Sept 23, 2006
E. Rutherford, NJ    Giants Stadium    Sept 27, 2006
Regina, SK    Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field    Oct 8, 2006
Chicago, IL    Soldier Field    Oct 11, 2006
Vancouver, BC    CA    BC Place Stadium  Nov 03, 2006    
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #30 on: Aug 03, 2006, 02:52 PM »
Just saw this online and figured that I would post it  :ricky:

Rolling Stones add a Canada show, shuffle dates

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 1 — The Rolling Stones will play a second concert in the Canadian city of Regina during their fall North American tour, and have accordingly rescheduled their dates for Missoula and Wichita.
In addition to a sold-out Oct. 8 stop at Regina's Mosaic Stadium, the band will now play there Oct. 6, according to its Web site (http://www.rollingstones.com). In all, the Stones will play four Canadian shows, with Halifax (Sept. 23) and Vancouver (Nov. 3) also on the itinerary.
They were originally supposed to play Missoula, Montana Oct. 6; their show at Grizzly Stadium will now take place Oct. 4. Additionally, they will play Cessna Stadium in Wichita, Kansas Oct. 1, one day earlier than first announced.
Tickets for the new Regina show will go on sale to the public Friday.
The Rolling Stones, who are three weeks into a tour of Europe, will start their latest North American swing Sept. 20 in Boston.

sohcahtoa

« Reply #31 on: Aug 07, 2006, 06:58 PM »
This thursday I'm going to go see Vince Neil at The Ex, which should be cool cus I heard that he only plays Motley Crue songs, because even he hates his solo stuff. Then on Saturday I might to back to The Ex and check out the Trooper show.

Just for the hell of it, here's a pic of Vince from when I saw Motley Crue in S'toon.  :headbang:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Just cus' her dad's a bit of a fuckup, pardon my language in front of all these kids."

sohcahtoa

« Reply #32 on: Aug 11, 2006, 10:01 PM »
Vince Neil abosolutley rocked at The Ex. Got there about an hour early and got front row spots. His band did a pretty good job. He played a few of his solo songs but stuck mostley to Motley Crue songs such as Live Wire, Wild Side, Girls Girls Girls, Kickstart My Heart, Dr.Feelgood, and several more. Definately worth the 9 bucks it cost to get in.

Clare_420

« Reply #33 on: Sep 19, 2006, 12:16 AM »
don't forget the drop kick murphy's and bad religion sept. 25th winnipeg mts centre....celtic punk...love it ..love it... love it but no one to go with    :(
Fuck Community College!!! Let's get Drunk and Eat Chicken Fingers!!!

Brophy

« Reply #34 on: Sep 19, 2006, 06:06 AM »
Clare, I would go with you but I am no where near Winnipeg.. Dropkick Murphy's ROCK!  I heard a rumour they were coming to my neck of the woods too..
Enjoy the show!!
Nom Nom Nom

Brophy

« Reply #35 on: Sep 19, 2006, 06:08 AM »
Rumour was right.. but it was Saturday that just passed... boo.. how did I miss that?
I suck.
Nom Nom Nom

hashhockey69

« Reply #36 on: Sep 19, 2006, 06:53 AM »
I just got tickets to go see Alexisonfire! Cant wait.

HH69

sohcahtoa

« Reply #37 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:39 PM »
So me and my buddy Mike, who travelled down six hours from Swan River, Manitoba, are on our way to pick up our pre-purchased tickets to the Silverstein, Underoath, Moneen, and He Is Legend Concert yesterday. We get to the Ticketmaster outlet and the lady tells us that we can't pick up our tickets as they've already been sent over to the place where the concert is taking place. So we hop into my Mustang and start heading over there to grab out tickets and my fucking clutch on my car goes out. How fucking convinient. Of course niether Mike or I have cell phones so we could'nt phone anyone to help us out, but luckily enough this super nice guy stopped and happened to be a machanic. He knew how to fix it but did'nt have the parts or tools or anything on him so he went down and picked up a rope and towed me back to my place, which was quite fun in the city at rush hour. When we got back to my place I thanked him so much and he talked to me about how he'd been helped before in similair situations and how he felt that I should do the same. Really got me thinking. So I ran inside, grabbed my 24 of Kokanees I had chilling in the fridge and ran it out to him as a gesture of thanks. He thanked me, shook my hand, and said that we were definatley gonna party together sometime. Needless to say we never did make it to the concert by the time all was said and done, and we lost $60, but it was quite the experience.
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2006, 03:41 PM by sohcahtoa »

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #38 on: Sep 25, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Those damn Chili Peppers are playing tonight and tomorrow at the ACC in Toronto... fuck I wanna go...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

Brophy

« Reply #39 on: Sep 26, 2006, 04:29 AM »
Stones were great! Old as hell but great.. it rained and rained.. we were frozen.. but it was worth it.  Biggest concert our city has seen apparently..

RHCP Thursday.. stoked.. leaving for Montreal bright and early tomorrow..
Van - how was your show?
Nom Nom Nom

shake

« Reply #40 on: Sep 26, 2006, 08:43 AM »
Glad you liked the Stones Brophy, my sister was there she got a cold from it as well.  She said it was worth it though.  I saw them when they were in Ottawa.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #41 on: Sep 26, 2006, 11:10 AM »
Foo Fighters are opening for Dylan in Ottawa sometime soon.  Heard that on the Bear this morning.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Brophy

« Reply #42 on: Sep 26, 2006, 03:17 PM »
Glad you liked the Stones Brophy, my sister was there she got a cold from it as well.  She said it was worth it though.  I saw them when they were in Ottawa.
Thanks Shake! I hope your sister is feeling better soon!
Nom Nom Nom

Vancouver

« Reply #43 on: Sep 26, 2006, 03:35 PM »
The ChiliPeppers' tour buses are beige, and there's 2 of them. They're mint, of course. I can only imagine what the insides look like...that concert was wayyyy more then a concert for me. It was an experience. They played alot of oldies along w/Stadium. And they sound EXACTLY the same live as recorded. Can't say that about most bands.....O and AnthonyKiedis=sexiest mafacker I ever did see. My GOD that man is the epitome of YUM!

...we'll compare notes babe!
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Brophy

« Reply #44 on: Sep 26, 2006, 04:31 PM »
My god I am so excited.. it was bad before.. now its worse.. he is pretty friggin hot..
:) Ill let ya know how my "experience" goes.
CB
Nom Nom Nom

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #45 on: Sep 27, 2006, 05:13 PM »
Well, let's just say old RTI here ended up biting the bullet and heading down to the Air Canada Centre and absorbed the second concert that the RHCPs rocked out to in Toronto.

Now the tickets weren't cheap.  I was sitting 7 rows up at the side of the stage just a little bit in front of it on the right hand side.  I forked out $300 for a pair of tickets from a scalper.  The way I see it, they were $90 tickets, plus the ticket master rip off fee which brings it to $100... so that being said I paid an extra $50

It was a blast, Fruschante is such a f'in good guitarist. 

Great show!!!

:headbang:

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #46 on: Sep 29, 2006, 12:04 AM »
I would have gone to this show to enjoy Derry Grehan's guitar work.

Sunday October 1, 2006
Honeymoon Suite
International Centre – Toronto Music Expo
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Brophy

« Reply #47 on: Oct 02, 2006, 06:08 AM »
So... RHCP was an experience.  Awesome awesome awesome.  They are exactly how I thought they would be live.. totally kickass.  Flea is such a great bassist..

And Kiedis... well... he is the epitome of hot. I said it.
Nom Nom Nom

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #48 on: Oct 02, 2006, 10:24 AM »
i should have posted this earlier...apologies to anyone who may have been interested but missed the show in their town

"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

c11

« Reply #49 on: Oct 24, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Helix is playing Park Place Sports Bar (799 Park Road South) in Oshawa Ontario on Dec 2nd.

:perv1: