Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 6 Episode Three  (Read 46926 times)

RockJ

Re: Season 6 Episode Three
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2006, 05:31 PM »
Trevor, don't doubt yourself.  I can totally see you appearing on the office or another sitcom!!!!!

TPBhas been riding a high for the past 5 years.  I am sure that after this season And the potential (guessing) let down from the movie, most of us will be looking for something more than we are given from Clattenburg.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 06:49 PM by RockJ »
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2006, 10:50 PM »
Some of the highlights for me include:

Julian complaining about Lahey’s “sexy talk”.

When Jool's said "he tried to kiss me" my boyfriend yelled out "AD LIB!" I have to agree with him.....total go with the moment caught on film. . Tied the whole rant into something believable. Great Job John Paul !

Plus.......There was a total DeNiro body language and vibe to Jool's rant about "Sexy this and Sexy that Lahey "  Especially the last two lines of that scene.

I thought that was cute :D

Ricky is making me cry I'm laughing so hard this season :rofl:

Everytime he goes into a tear I'm a happy girl ! And he's doing that ALOT this season THANK GOD !!! [-o< :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

My boyfriend even lost it when Lahey drove by with bottle at full upright tilt behind Barb & Randy. He said that so far this was the best episode. I think the Cheesburger Picnic is.

All in all......this is starting out to have all the trappings of a classic season ! :clap: :dancing:

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:54 PM by SgtMeowsteen »
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Jen

« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2006, 11:50 PM »
I have been thinking alot (yes, that's smoke you smell) about C&T leaving - it hit me when I started watching the first episode this season - I cant imagine the park without them. You see, C&T were the very first TPB characters to make me laugh - I was watching the first movie and not really sure what to think of it all. But then there were C&T talking about Ricky getting his 'arse' spanked right in front of 'scagnita' and just the way Trevor said it and Cory laughed - I became an instant C&T fan. I never get tired of that scene and have watched it so many times.

They have made me laugh many times since but I have laughed more at their actions and what they have said NOT at how they were treated...in fact, the whole treating them like dogs didnt work for me and I made the comment to my bf that I wish they didnt do that to the characters. Honestly, I am enjoying this season so far (minus the piss jugs) and C&T are a big part of the reason why ....there's just something about the two of them that works and this season, the next three episodes will be important to me because it is the last for the two of them. My overall fave scenes in episode 3 were with C&T but my all time fave scene this entire season, so far, is Lahey driving by in the background drinking from the bottle - I just love that.  John Dunsworth deserves an award for his work on TPB. I am just amazed at how convincing he is and just how mean Lahey can be and JD doesnt even miss a beat.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 01:02 PM by Jen »

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2006, 11:55 PM »
I was watching the first movie and not really sure what to think of it all. But then there were C&T talking about Ricky getting his 'arse' spanked right in front of 'skagnita' and just the way Trevor said it and Cory laughed

That is the exact same scene that I will remember forever with those two. Its pure gold!
Skagnita is the funniest fucking name I have ever heard in my life (...sorry if you have it but c'mon!)
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Jdub

« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2006, 12:04 AM »
I can see what both sides are talking about.    Here’s how I see it…..if anyone else can do a better job…..fly atter!  More power to you if you can pull off what this cast and crew has done for the last 7 years…..  Don’t you think it’s pretty amazing how the writers have managed to pull these characters together on a storyline based out of a trailer park?  Hell I doubt I could even get ONE episode out of my life…………. :sleepy:……..ok, well maybe I could get one if it included my motorcycle crash and me trying to learn Belly Dancing….and Fencing…..which is NOT like the Zorro sword fighting scenes you see in movies.  Anyway…I digress.......
What it comes down to for me is this.  Behind this show are great people who have worked very hard for a very long time to give us our Sunday night laughs.  Some have written, acted, and toured the country.  I’ve never seen actors give as much as this cast has to their fans, and if you’ve ever met any of them you’ll know what I mean.   After 7 years of this I don’t blame them if they are tired/bored or if the show is not what it used to be.   I don’t want the show to end either, but I’m really curious to see what else Mike Clattenburg has up his sleeve.

Quote from: I Was Gettin Changed link=topic=5231.msg103233#msg103233
date=1146619515
Cory and Trevor don't make sense and get way to much screen time. 

I disagree.  I love the development of their characters. (My counselor says I’m too dependant on Ricky….hehe)   

*cha ching*...my 2 cents.

Peace

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2006, 02:19 AM »
I was watching the first movie and not really sure what to think of it all. But then there were C&T talking about Ricky getting his 'arse' spanked right in front of 'skagnita' and just the way Trevor said it and Cory laughed

That is the exact same scene that I will remember forever with those two. Its pure gold!
Skagnita is the funniest fucking name I have ever heard in my life (...sorry if you have it but c'mon!)

Skagnita! I love that scene too. Cory and Trevor at their classic best.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Sam Losco

« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2006, 03:41 AM »
i'm sorry that some people don't enjoy C&T but please believe me when i say that cory and i gave it our all with what we had to work with.

Yo dude, you guys did an absolutely amazing job with those characters, I think that Corey and Trevor have been integral to TPBs success.  You should really give yourself a big pat on the back, because that is some damn good work to nail those characters perfectly each and every episode.  I don't think anyone else in the show has been able to nail their characters down quite as perfectly and consistently as you guys have.

One of the reasons why I think Corey and Trevor are integral to the show, is I think for many people Corey and Trevor are the characters that seem the most real (at least among the core characters of the show).  Most of us have known a Corey and/or Trevor in our life, and the pathetic storyline of these two is not that far removed from reality, imo.  Bubbles, Ricky, Julian, Lahey, Randy, J 2tha ROC, these characters are require a lot more suspension of reality than Corey and Trevor do.

And for me that really speaks to the redeeming values in TPB.  The show is kind of an ongoing illustration of a whole lot of different ways NOT to live your life.  It is amusing, of course, but on another level it makes you think about a lot of profound issues about what life means, what's the value of it, and what one is doing with one's own life.  How one behaves and how one treats the people that they are close to and the people that are just strangers (those "outside the park").  Corey and Trevor, when you watch them in the show, probably have the most resonance in this regard.  They are pathetic dead-enders, and the show (so far at least) makes no apology for that.  They go through life just laying around, numbing their brain with dope, allowing themselves to be bullied and disrespected, looking up to and emulating the people who treat them the worst, and just taking it and accepting it and letting themselves be defined by it.  They just don't have any self-respect, and the people around them treat them accordingly, even when trying to help them (ala Sarah).  The sad thing is, which I think the show really drives home, people like Corey and Trevor usually DON'T change.  They just get more and more pathetic, kill their brain with more and more drugs, and become more and more dependent on the people in their lives who continue to treat them more and more like shit. 

I don't know, the more I think about it the more I realise how deep and complicated TPBs really is.  Besides being incredibly funny, the show is social satire of the highest order.  [Maybe that is the reason WHY it is so funny.]  Corey and Trevor ARE sad and pathetic, and to me that is kind of the point.  They let life stomp all over them, and it does.  I guess, to me, they are a bit of an anti-lesson about life.  And that is how I see TPBs as a whole, too.  The show is not one-dimensional, that's not all there is to it, but that is a big part of it.

To me, Trailer Park Boys will never quite be Trailer Park Boys without Corey and Trevor.  Thank you both sincerely for devoting your time to this wonderful project and bringing these characters alive for us.  You two really did something special in making those characters become 'real'. 

No more Corey and Trevor.... WHAT IN THE FUCK!?!!  :)

/endramblingonandonandon

« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 03:50 AM by Sam Losco »
I only heard of one guy getting shot twice in one day in unrelated incidents, and he was a REAL dick.

i_of_the_sh*ticane

« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2006, 05:48 AM »
True Sam,

but i also think that an important part of C&T is the way they try and fool themselves into thinking they have a different status among the trailer park people other than deadbeats. And the way that they converse with eachother is always about bigging eachother up etc..  I've always found that to be the aspect of their relationship which really defines their wider relationship to the rest of the characters in the show and makes it kind of tragic, or at least gives it resonance..

shake

« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2006, 07:04 AM »
Good points people, this is an interesting thread.

Ha ha, I don't think there is anyone really named Skagnita but if I ever have a daughter I am considering naming her that in honor of that scene :)

trevor

« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2006, 01:35 PM »
there was a girl who used to live in halifax and i really did call her scagnita. a band i played in had a song called "scagnita" from a never released record that was called "dreaming of scagnita". this would have been around 1995/96.

thanks for all the kind words and positive reviews about my acting abilities. i'm not an actor and hopefully i will never have to act again because i really do not enjoy it. i guess if someone came to me with a story that i really loved and if i thought that maybe i could do a good job i might do it. i get calls every so often from people wanting me to audition for these really shitty tv movies and tv shows and i'm really not interested in that. i have auditioned twice in my life and they were the most humuliating experiences ever. one of the things i hate about the entertainment industry is all the desperate people willing to do anything to make it. the other side of this is equally sad when producers or agents or directors or whoever take advantage of these desperate people and use their power to do whatever they want. it's a pretty awful industry.

i guess  if i was trying to be an actor it would be a good place to be but honestly i'd rather go back to fixing skiis, being a janitor, working as a grip, doing live sound in a bar, doing data entry at a telephone company or maybe even working in a store.

anyway, thanks for all the kindness.
=mj=

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2006, 02:43 PM »
there was a girl who used to live in halifax and i really did call her scagnita. a band i played in had a song called "scagnita" from a never released record that was called "dreaming of scagnita". this would have been around 1995/96.

MJ , that's a great bit of background info !  8). I will never be able to get that name outta my head... :lol: :lol:
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

cocoax

• transfiction films
« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2006, 06:05 PM »
That's what i mean when I say he kicks ass.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2006, 06:58 PM »
You're not to bad yourself Cory :)
MJ's convictions do not surprise me in the least. He speaks from the heart which he wears on his sleeve. Role model material better than you can find anywhere. Totally un-selfish yet willing to put up with a bit of shit. Don't forget to check out refuculator's radio show tonight.
Fishy

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=5250.0
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 07:03 PM by fishyneil »
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

littlekev

« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2006, 11:46 PM »
i sat with fishy and it was a good !@#$ing episode
~little kev

tan

« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2006, 05:29 PM »
a lot of people are under the impression that TPB is a free for all improv clinic. the show is scripted and to some extent the "actors" do have to work within the boundaries of these scripts. i can't speak for anyone else but for me around season 3 the show became predictable and boring like a sit com. i'm not really an actor but as an actor it's hard to take something like 10 episodes of being treated like a dog and turn that into a performance that means anything. i'm sorry that some people don't enjoy C&T but please believe me when i say that cory and i gave it our all with what we had to work with.

i'm sure the writers are in a bit of a strangle hold with introducing new ideas or just repeating the same old jokes. either way they are going to have a few people like it and a few people hate it.

i think we should have stopped making the show after season 2. the people that liked the zanniness of season 4 (which i'm ashamed of) probably won't like season 6. i haven't watched season 6 but it is my opinion that it is a lot better than season 4 or 5.

anyway, enjoy the remaining 3 episodes and as always thanks for all the support over the years. tpb fans are crazy but the good crazy.

ps
=mj=

i hafta agree with you MJ on the dog thing....i really didn't enjoy that part of the show much after it started to happen more often....i still feel  like TPB without corey and trevor is gona suck though...but i do like every season for different reasons....when i watch it i mostly catch on to what bubbles does he always cracks me up and i also listen for rickyisms.....which really cracks me up he totally sounds like my dad when he tries to speak english he can never pronounce the words right...so all in all i have enjoyed all the seasons till now.....

with season 6, i really dunno what it is i am having a hard time getting into it though...i have notice ricky speaks way too much better so that is one thing i always look forward to watching the show that ain't happening much this time around....bubbles is still amazing with his kitty land and I LOVEEEEEEEE how corey and trevor are more independant probably my most favorite part of season 6 so far......lahey and barb and the randy scene is kinda boring....but that is me
 i am sure after i have watched all eps like 50 million times i will find things in this one i like too i hope.......but no more with the piss jugs...that is starting to gross me out...haha

MJ and corey you guys are both doing and amazing job this season.....and what a great way for your exit.....being independant  :P

tan
Posted on: May 07, 2006, 07:27 AM

thanks for all the kind words and positive reviews about my acting abilities. i'm not an actor and hopefully i will never have to act again because i really do not enjoy it. i guess if someone came to me with a story that i really loved and if i thought that maybe i could do a good job i might do it. i get calls every so often from people wanting me to audition for these really shitty tv movies and tv shows and i'm really not interested in that. i have auditioned twice in my life and they were the most humuliating experiences ever. one of the things i hate about the entertainment industry is all the desperate people willing to do anything to make it. the other side of this is equally sad when producers or agents or directors or whoever take advantage of these desperate people and use their power to do whatever they want. it's a pretty awful industry.

i guess  if i was trying to be an actor it would be a good place to be but honestly i'd rather go back to fixing skiis, being a janitor, working as a grip, doing live sound in a bar, doing data entry at a telephone company or maybe even working in a store.

anyway, thanks for all the kindness.
=mj=

the one thing that i learn through this crummy life is you do what is right for you and you do it for you....so good luck in anything ya wish to persue from here on.... :lol:

PissJugs

« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2006, 06:23 AM »
all I can say is "High Definition Piss Jugs" - lmfao  :D :D :D :6paper:

blonde_riot18

• http://spaces.msn.com/members/blonderiot18/
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2006, 10:47 PM »
You hit the nail on the head BK...we need more fawkin Conky! ;)

Head on over to the episode six topic and help a conky lover out!

And by that, I of course meant episode 4, season 6....my bad  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:49 PM by blonde_riot18 »
»×Kä®ëÑ׫

Can someone tell me why a lion is trying to bang one of my boyfriends!?

Conky's #1 fan and PROUD!!

RockJ

« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2006, 05:59 PM »
I am really impressed with Trevor not selliing out.  I hopes that this means that the next time that I see him, it really be something big!!!!!!!!!

FYI, I just bought the Big Cheese album wich includes some songs used in TPB and it was worth every penny!!!
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2006, 06:35 PM »
You hit the nail on the head BK...we need more fawkin Conky! ;)

Head on over to the episode six topic and help a conky lover out!

And by that, I of course meant episode 4, season 6....my bad  :lol:

dude. i was being sarcastic.
no one likes conky, not even the producers of the show.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2006, 06:38 PM »
BK
Do you have a Conky puppet from your Christmas Special DVD or have you sent the little fucker back to the swamp?
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2006, 01:16 PM »
BK
Do you have a Conky puppet from your Christmas Special DVD or have you sent the little fucker back to the swamp?
Fishy

i got it for my sister's boyfriend, the dvd that is, and we hide the puppet around the house. both of us hate conky.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

i_of_the_sh*ticane

« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2006, 01:52 PM »
i like conky, he should be top of the pop charts with his endless love remix.

Cygnus

« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2006, 02:43 AM »
Someone should goto the set and see if they can find a piss jug and take a drink and see what's really in them. I'm guessing apple juice.

If it really is piss, sorry about that.

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2006, 08:50 AM »
There were some piss jugs in the tree-house still when we visited the set, I wasn't able to climb up to get them & I think Refuck was talked out of trying to climb up to get one.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Cygnus

« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Fuck.

Maybe Trevor can clear that one up for us if he reads this.