Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 6 Episode Three  (Read 44869 times)

DopePlant

Re: Season 6 Episode Three
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2006, 02:15 PM »
I think Steve Rogers picked the cell phone up at the Zack Morris Charity Auction.

LOL ... its also the same phone used by Nice Guy Eddie in Resevoir Dogs ...

my favorite part was lahey driving by while guzzling a 2-6 then speeding off. hahah
not me and you, arsehole... me and her !

cat-dog

« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2006, 03:10 PM »
can't say too much that hasn't already been said (background noise, cameras, etc..) but there's definitely lots of funny moments, physical comedy. Ricky's garbageland is fuckin hillarious. I loved when Jim mentions Ricky to Ray at the dump.. Ray says like "oh yeah, he's doing the a.. garbage thing.." and kinda trails off.. the whole exchange between them just had me in stiches, you can tell these two have a history :)

I just noticed that Bubbles upgraded his shed since getting out of jail, looks like CT's store is his old one now.  The camera angle in the shed is pretty good, but it kinda messes with the continuity since it goes from behind the tv, to behind Ricky & Bubbles mid sentence, and you don't see a camera, or camera guy behind the tv. I'd like to maybe see another camera crew in the background of a shot or something one of these times.. I mean there has to be more than 1 camera guy the way a lot of things are shot half the time.

You can tell they were a bit rushed getting this season out (obivously due to the movie - not complaining!) - but I love how much of the show is occuring within the park. Would be cool to see more going on around the park though - there was a few random background people in ep2 I think, which was nice. Some of the interview shots could use like a car driving by, or someone or thing interacting with the speaker. Like last season when Ricky leaves the blowtorch on and lights a bag on fire by accident while talking to the camera.

episode flew by though, I hear that happens when you're having fun.. so I must have enjoyed it :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Atoadaso

« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2006, 07:54 PM »
You know, I don't want to diss the Boys now, but I'm wondering where the core story elements have gone.  My sense is that last June-July, the real focus was on movie prep and the show has taken a hit in terms of quality for it.  You know, there's still a lot of funny little tidbits and kooky hijinx, but the story arc has essentially died.  I thought episode 3 was a real snooser.  Without the clear, central complications (in/out of jail, hiding the weed, Bubble's backstory, etc.) that anchored the past seasons, the show is floundering a touch.  Alas, the glory could only last so long.  But here's hoping the movie tears it up internationally, (which i believe it will).

I Was Gettin Changed

« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2006, 08:25 PM »
I'm starting to think that this season was put together in rush so they could get into filming the movie. There has been funny moments this season but I don't feel they put their best into it. Something is missing. I wish they'd go back to their roots. Good characters are missing. I mean where the fuck is JROC and the rock pile? Where is Donny? Cory and Trevor don't make sense and get way to much screen time. There is no message in the episodes like past seasons. I also don't feel the new way they're shooting. Go back to the documentary style. That was like 50% of the show. The way they're doing it now doesn't make sence. Who's shooting these people? The characters dont noticed the camera anymore? It's more like Coronation Street on dope now. I don't know maybe its just me.

knockknock24

« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2006, 08:31 PM »
I agree with you guys, I find that this season is missing something. I agree with the camera problem too, the show is just going more mainstream. You may notice that less f-bombs are dropped as well and all the characters don't seem to be quite as angry. They are less of themselves. I found that episode 1 and episode 3 in this season so far were so-so episodes but I found the cheeseburger pic-nic to be a classic.

J to tha ROC

• Trailerparkboys.co.nr
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2006, 08:49 PM »
For those waiting, ep3 is on google now  :D

RockJ

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2006, 09:12 PM »
Yeah, you can definetly tell that they are moving quickly through the storyline for season 6.  In episode one you have Julian trying to go straight with his real estate knowledge to him lifting home improvement items in episode 3 to remodel trailers.  And Lahey in episode 2 going straight and sober with his wifes help to playing up the fake drunkedness in episode 3.  The lauch party told it all when Lahey made the comment about viewers seeing the bootleged episodes 1 & 2, and saying that you have not seen anything until you have seen 3-6.  Makes me wonder if the first 2 were planted to keep us interested.
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

graves4life

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2006, 12:46 AM »
k that worked

awsome episode

Jen

« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Sarah said it best, "Poor Bubbles". I thought maybe at the end of the final scene, we would see the reporter stick his head in front of the camera and say, "I'm Steve Rogers!" - how many times can you say Steve Rogers in one episode?

I agree with Melba, it would be nice to see some kitties roaming around kittyland in the background...maybe before the season ends, we will see one or two.

-J
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 12:58 PM by Jen »

constable145

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2006, 05:50 AM »
I thought it was a great episode. A bit slow to start, but once it got going, it was great. Did anyone else notice the return of the boom mike tonight on Bubbles' lot during the fight scene?

Am I correctly recalling that this is the first time Sexian has spilt a drop of his rum and coke?

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2006, 06:53 AM »
I thought it was a great episode. A bit slow to start, but once it got going, it was great. Did anyone else notice the return of the boom mike tonight on Bubbles' lot during the fight scene?

Am I correctly recalling that this is the first time Sexian has spilt a drop of his rum and coke?

well if you look close and rewind, he doesnt spill a drop, he drops the whole glas! only to have it returned in his hands one millsec later :)
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

shake

« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2006, 07:28 AM »
Yeah and Julian has spilled “drops” of rum on other occasions.   The first time he lost his whole glass was in Season 1, Ep 3, when they are shooting at targets.

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2006, 09:24 AM »
True shake very true.  One of the many things I find funny about the show are the times when he DOESN'T spill his drink.  A good one is in "The Blair Pimp Project" where they roll the Bronco at the end and it lands on the roof but Julian climbs out of the overturned wreckage with a full glass lol!  For me it's subtle points like that that make the show soooo funny.

eric

« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2006, 09:41 AM »
I had a couple good laughs, Bubbles talking about how good the high-def looked on his crappy TV, Lahey with the cooler, etc.

I haven't been bothered by the camera work till this episode however.  The camera shot from within Bubble's shed was just too "artificial".  Dunno, kinda bugged me.

One thing I didn't like was Lahey's betrayal of Ray, especially considering that Lahey is sober and how they prefaced the scene with Ray and Lahey acting decent towards each other at the dump.  It really detracts from the underlying theme of the show that even though the characters are often at odds with each other, that deep down the care for each other and consider themselves family.

This betrayal, on live TV, reveals Lahey to be mean-spirited and hurtful. 

shake

« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Yeah DAF the fact that Julian always has the rum & coke is reason enough to make him one of my fav characters.  It is his main priority and it is not easy to get him to spill any.

One thing I didn't like was Lahey's betrayal of Ray, especially considering that Lahey is sober and how they prefaced the scene with Ray and Lahey acting decent towards each other at the dump.  It really detracts from the underlying theme of the show that even though the characters are often at odds with each other, that deep down the care for each other and consider themselves family.

Yeah I’m not liking the mean-spirited aspect as much myself, they went a bit too far, but I guess the story has to progress.  I think it started back at the end season 3 when Lahey promised he would kill Ricky, and later actually tried to in his drunken rage at the end of season 4.  In season 5 he suggested he wanted to see all the “shit puppets” kill each other.  He had already betrayed Ray in season 5 as well when he blew the whistle on his wheelchair scam.  I do think they sort of eased it up a bit though when Julian appealed to Lahey to save Ricky, saying that he looked up to him like a father.

eric

« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2006, 11:08 AM »
The difference is that in the past his actions were always in context of his being drunk.  He even went so far as to believe that booze helped him think straight when it came to dealing with The Boys.

This made it easier to accept the reprehensible things he did because I always knew that deep down, Lahey was actually a decent guy and would do the right thing.  It just took something of extreme gravity like Ricky about to die from a heart-attack to sober him up enough to make the right choice.

However, now that he's sober the alcohol can't be blamed for his actions, and his character is revealed for what it is. 

To quote Gordy: "This is all nothing but cold calculation."

cat-dog

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2006, 11:10 AM »
I'm starting to think that this season was put together in rush so they could get into filming the movie.

To be correct, they filmed this after the movie was done. I believe this season was filmed in Sept/Oct as a result of the movie being done first. I'm sure I saw Julian's breath one of the times he was talking. Seemed like they were really getting as much work done while there was still daylight too - noticed a lot of sun/sunset in this episode, used to seeing stuff shot mostly during the daytime I guess :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Joe Lahey

• Location: I Ain't Straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the Trailer
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2006, 01:04 PM »

Heres a thought. I agree that that was a nasty thing to do BUT it could be the central plot point to cause the mayhem that will end up with everyone going back to jail as they always do. Ray said I will get you for that and with only 3 more episodes to go that could be the launching point for everything to come. Since R & J aren't really doing much greasy shit yet. Something has to give. SO that could be the trigger. I dont think selling "garbage" or using stolen repair supplies is enough, (stealing less than $1500) won't end em back in the clink.

To quote Dennis Miller
"That my opinioin I could be wrong"
Sam Losco is tough on crime

kittenlover

« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2006, 01:26 PM »
Sara said it best, "Poor Bubbles". I thought maybe at the end of the final scene, we would see the reporter stick his head in front of the camera and say, "I'm Steve Rogers!" - how many times can you say Steve Rogers in one episode?

I agree with Melba, it would be nice to see some kitties roaming around kittyland in the background...maybe before the season ends, we will see one or two.

Looking forward to the next episode and of course, I cant wait for the movie.....
"I'm Steve, I mean Jen Rogers"....." :shock:

I counted so correct me if I'm wrong:
Steve Rogers said his name 10 times
Bubs, Barb, Lahey and Ray each said his name once.

Did anyone notice the poster in the Convenients Store?  I think it said J-Roc pricents - Panty Hoes. Don't remember that one getting made!

I really miss the shots of animals in the show.  Things like Ricky throwing his smoke into a spider's web with a close-up. I really loved the kittyland but, the fence is too flimsy and short.

Keep the piss jugs coming!  I am just amazed at how much Ray can piss and the weird colors are hillarious.  Keep throwing them around and if they bust open so much the better!

Altogether a very funny episode.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Asparagus makes the pee a weird colour and smell.  Hope he didn't have any prior to filling a jug.

I noticed the JROc poster in an earlier episode.  That's probably where he got the ladies preggers.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Rocketship27

« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2006, 03:54 PM »
I'm really sorry to say this but I've been very disappointed in the season so far.It's just not working for me at all.Something is missing and I really hope it gets better soon.It's just not all that funny and so far doesn't even come close to the magic that the TPB's as shown again and again in the past.
  Also would like to know why Julien is such a small character in the first three episodes.Put him with Ricky for God's sake!
http://tinypic.com/9zoql5.gif[/img]

"My brain plays trick's on me all the time man,cause it"s way smarter than me.It's always fucking me around."

i_of_the_sh*ticane

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2006, 06:01 PM »
i don't think lahey is acting out of character, i think its part of his character development over the seasons. these characters have to develop, they can't do the same stuff over and over again. lahey always had bitterness in him, least of all from being thrown out of the police force and having to do a "fake" cop job as trailer park supervisor. so after the 6 years of failures we've seen, i'm not suprised lahey is taking it out on a fairly easy target!! (And we don't know what the past was between ray and lahey - does he blame ray for ricky?)

so basically, we shouldn't too much mistake "character development" for "out of character"..

shit leopard

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Also i think bubbles is different just the way he acts or they way clattenburg shoots him but he might just be developing but i liked the old bubbles better

JayBiggS

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2006, 09:12 PM »
After Sarah's line about "thats the father of your child" I'm almost wondering if Trinity is Lahey's daughter because Lahey was the one acting stupid in that scene. Probably just my imagination acting up though. It was a good ep!

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2006, 09:26 PM »
Ahhh, finally some real discussion of the episodes! I was beginning to think that no one really cared.
Anyway, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I think the purpose of the Ray & Lahey scene at the dump is to make us feel really badly for Ray. He invites Lahey to sit down with him, which is something I don't think he would have done if he wasn't living at the dump. In season 5, Ray is so bitter towards Lahey that even when he's offered a place to stay after his trailer burns down he refuses to stay there. The fact that he's willing to sit & spend some time with Lahey shows how desperate & lonely he is; Lahey's subsequent betrayal on live television makes the dump scene that much more pathetic.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder