Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 6 Episode Two  (Read 35261 times)

bigbenjamin

Re: Season 6 Episode Two
« Reply #75 on: Apr 27, 2006, 02:23 AM »
Yes and Lucy was almost "bear" when Ricky caught her with Officer Green  :perv1:!

I am totally happy with the first two eppys . . bodes well for the rest of this sixth season . .

btw - visited manager at HMV 333 Yonge - and he said he doubted there would be a release party as in previous years - May 9th is the release date for season 5 DVD - he said they would have had word by now - and no word  :( - will keep checkin - just in case.

scary bare cheers!

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #76 on: Apr 27, 2006, 08:42 AM »
Thanks for the HMV update, I was going to give the store a call soon if there was no news. I've already got my work schedule & I'm working May 9th anyway, so it might have been difficult for me to make it there.

As for the first 2 episodes of season 6, I think I like them better than the first 2 episodes of season 5. I agree that the latter season are not up to par with seasons 1, 2 & 3, but I'm continuing to love the show. Having seen the set & what they have to work with, I'm very impressed with what they are doing visually; so far, the park in season 6 doesn't seem nearly as cramped as it did in season 5 (I realize that they have acquired more trailers to fill their park). I would be more pleased if the camera work was more like the earlier seasons, but as someone pointed out earlier, that type of camera work could become boring to the viewers as well? We don't know the answer to that because they did not give us a chance to be bored with it. Perhaps that is the philosophy behind the show, don't let the viewers be bored; the rumours that season 7 will be the final season would support this because most of the faithful viewers haven't become bored with the show yet & will be left wanting more. I may not agree with the members here who have expressed their disappointment with the latter seasons, but I certainly respect their opinions; they put forth valid points & give the members who are still enthusiastic something to think about.

Just for the record, I don't think I'm obsessed with bears, I'm just fascinated with the use of them on the show because last year, I brought one of my knit bears to show the Boys at HMV last year & I can't get over the coincidence that there are a bunch of bears in this episode. I know that the episode was probably written way before I showed up with my bear, but my ego won't let me completely believe that.

P.S. The spell check button is a work of genius!!
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #77 on: Apr 27, 2006, 11:36 AM »
last year, I brought one of my knit bears to show the Boys at HMV last year & I can't get over the coincidence that there are a bunch of bears in this episode. I know that the episode was probably written way before I showed up with my bear, but my ego won't let me completely believe that.

My "Org ego" makes me feel , that somehow , you influenced the writers with your bears Melba.... 8)
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

kittenlover

« Reply #78 on: Apr 27, 2006, 01:47 PM »
I loved this episode!

I zoomed in on the Cheeseburger Picnic flyer small print and to me it read as follows:
Sunnyvale's new Associate Trailer Park Supervisor, Randy invites you to attend a Cheeseburger Picnic to celebrate a new era in our community.  The picnic starts at 2:00 PM tomorrow.
Please note: only one burger per trailer park resident.

After that the poster printing is so small I can't make it out.  Anyone know what the rest says?

Another Rickyism noticed durning the pitiful attempt to make Julian laugh. 
R:  Read these lips Julian, I'm getting drunk as fuck, I'm doing drugs and I AM going down to the CB picnic and I AM fucking with Randy.  Make my words!

When Ricky gestures with the weed trimmer while saying this line, is this an inside joke?

I also loved the phone calls that Ricky made.  I did something like this to a neighbor I didn't like as a kid.  I only called pizza places and cabs.  The stuffed fox delivery was incredibly brilliant!  Thank goodness that cell phones don't get picked up by caller ID.

I can't wait to see more!

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #79 on: Apr 27, 2006, 04:19 PM »
But I will critique one thing - notice that it is really obvious they've done multiple shots of one scene? If this is meant to look like a documentry, then the exchange between Barb and Lahey should have been filmed in one solid back and forth camera shot as opposed to switching between two different angles - one focused on Lahey and the other on Barb.

Did anyone else notice this or am I just really picky ?

That was very noticable, BK. It kind of bother me as well, just way too obvious or something (sorry having trouble grasping the word that I want to use).

Also, someone received a bear from the set & I thought that it was you BK, if so which one?

P.S. I guess I'm obsessed with the bears.

yeah, it was me. I didn't see the one MC gave me, but I'll take another look.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

KarateCollie

« Reply #80 on: Apr 28, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Hey my Cell phone gets picked up by caller ID! No fair!! Otherwise I could think of a few people who would deserve a prank or two pulled on them! ;)
KarateCollie

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #81 on: Apr 28, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Hey my Cell phone gets picked up by caller ID! No fair!! Otherwise I could think of a few people who would deserve a prank or two pulled on them! ;)

Use a Pay Phone
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #82 on: Apr 28, 2006, 06:03 PM »

In my area *67 works on a cell as well ;).

trlprkgirl

« Reply #83 on: Apr 29, 2006, 04:41 PM »
This show was really great.  It was really funny.  I loved it when bubbles and ricky were showing off their huge assets!!  Too funny  :perv1:

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2006, 10:32 PM »
Why do I get the feeling this will be me and Becca in Halifax next year ????

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:51 PM by SgtMeowsteen »
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

tan

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2006, 03:03 PM »
 :shock:

has anyone ever found a torrent for this episode where the audio isn't fucked??

i been looking all friggin day

tan

Vince The Pince

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2006, 05:56 PM »
Hey I just wanna add something. Back on the issue of bears... did anyone else notice the scene in this ep where Lahey is whistling the tune to teddy bears picnic? awesome!

leibao

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2006, 05:28 AM »
the scene with randy and the police is dantesque  :lol: I can imagine a little cheesy march playing in the background ^^
and they arrest him not an hour after, that is hilarious :mrgreen:
Trevor had it rough in this one too :ricky: :mrgreen:
very good ^^

Black Mamba

« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2006, 04:52 AM »
I cannot believe how fucking sexy Lucy was wearing that hooker’s attire. Each season she has continued to get sexier and sexier, in my opinion. Anyone else agree?

scoobysnack

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2007, 02:26 PM »
The cheeseburger picnic is my favorite episode. 

Sorry I don't have much to say, because I didn't learn of this show until about two months ago.  I own all the episodes on DVD, as well as the movie, so I'm still trying to absorb all of this.

Muiro

« Reply #90 on: Jun 08, 2008, 12:28 PM »
..sad to pick up a topic that was created a few years ago but here goes since somebody might also be learning about the show a little behind..

i watched seasons 6&7 this weekend, and enjoyed both along with proper beverages.
One thing that made me proud was Rickys usage of the legendary Koho-hockeysticks. Don´t know if that´s a common brand in Canada but it was the king of hockeysticks in the 80`s. Had a few myself.

also only 6 episodes for a season was a little weak espesially when no-one was busted by the end, what the fuck´s up with that..? Because the movie wasn´t as authentic to watch as the series.

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #91 on: Oct 27, 2011, 03:20 AM »
TPB LATE NITE BAKE A THON
    Where's Phil? Why isn't he at the Cheeseburger Picnic? :6paper: :6paper: :6paper: :6paper: :6paper:
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then