Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 6 Episode One  (Read 51906 times)

Allison

Re: Season 6 Episode One
« Reply #75 on: Apr 18, 2006, 05:19 PM »
"Convenients Store".   :lol: :lol: :lol:  I was wondering if anyone caught that.  THanks for posting those 'stills'!  I watched the episode on the big screen at the Marquee... and can't wait to watch it again without all the loud laughter.  It's hard to catch everything in a room full of people... Is the episode going to be on again tomorrow night, does anyone know? 

One of my favourite scenes in the episode was Randy riding his bicycle.   :shock: :lol:

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #76 on: Apr 18, 2006, 05:25 PM »
Way of the road will not be on tonight , but it looks like it will be on 2 times on Wednesday!
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Ms Vee

« Reply #77 on: Apr 18, 2006, 11:07 PM »
[spoiler]I don't like the cameras and I don't like seeing the boys humping things, it's so out of character for them. They never did that before, why do it now? Like seeing Bubbles doing that was VERY weird (was funny), but come on that's not Bubbles! Bubbles is a passive perv (if you'd even call him that), so to see him doing that was just strange. Ricky I can kinda see it  ....... cuz well he's just Ricky and well you never know what the heck he is going to do, but it was very weird also to some degree.[/spoiler]

I don't remember that scene.  Are you talking about episode 2?
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2006, 08:53 AM by cat-dog »

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #78 on: Apr 18, 2006, 11:54 PM »
[spoiler] I don't like the cameras and I don't like seeing the boys humping things, it's so out of character for them. They never did that before, why do it now? Like seeing Bubbles doing that was VERY weird (was funny), but come on that's not Bubbles! Bubbles is a passive perv (if you'd even call him that), so to see him doing that was just strange. Ricky I can kinda see it  ....... cuz well he's just Ricky and well you never know what the heck he is going to do, but it was very weird also to some degree.[/spoiler]

I don't remember that scene.  Are you talking about episode 2?

I've watched episode 1 , 5 times , and once in reverse , and I can tell ya there's  no humping . (please keep spoilers in the appropriate threads)

Futher noticings:

What does J-Roc's sign read? East Coast W****   ?

I love Jim's line , in the convienients store:

"These guys were juxtaposing unusual animal names against greasy fat food products , calling Randy names! "

:lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2006, 08:55 AM by cat-dog »

cat-dog

« Reply #79 on: Apr 19, 2006, 08:18 AM »
Personally I find a lot of the humour in TPB lies in the subtle things - the stuff that no one in the park thinks twice about. The loafs of bread Ray & Ricky are eating, Randy in his underwear getting out of the cop car, the piss jugs - no one even batts an eyelash at the fact that Ray is tossing piss around in old milk jugs. You see more & more everytime you watch.

I tried not to get caught up with the wait between seasons, and expect the first episode to come out guns blazing (season 4?). I was really happy to see lots of camera time in the park - and nothing too extravagent or far fetched going on. Judging by the last season, they probably have a lot of setting up of storylines to accomplish in the first episode. So far the writing/ideas presented thus far seem like it's going to be a pretty solid season. I'm really looking foward to seeing how everything pans out this year.

That being said, I do miss the RAW feel of the cameras from the earlier seasons - some of the 1 on 1 'interviews' almost look like they're being filmed with a backdrop. Seemed like there was a lot of reaction shots too, as opposed to fitting more into one camera shot or panning across the group to who's talking.

PS - just added some fancy nancy spoiler bbcode if you are posting a spoiler (not that JW was intentional - an oops I'm sure) so just type [ spoiler ] your spoiled text [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces) - and you'll get something like this:

[spoiler]
I'm not wearing pants  :perv1:
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2006, 09:21 AM by cat-dog »
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

shake

« Reply #80 on: Apr 19, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Great stills shaun good catch on the “Convenients” store.  How Convenient ha ha.

Good link Joe Lahey, Amy Kerr, wow!

Cool spoiler thingys cat-dog and I do agree the subtle things are what make the show so great. There was a lot of subtle humor in ep 1 which is why I considered it “classic”.  I’m not as concerned if the camera is shaky or not anymore.

My favorite line:

Trevor: "Step off Mr. Lahey"
Lahey:  "Step off what, Trevor"
Trevor:  "the shit ledge"

Awesome delivery by =mj=. 

You know what, I hardly remember anything that happened last season. I've only watched the season 5 episodes once (the day they originally aired).

BOO!!! R’N’C you only watched the season 5 eps once?  Haven’t you realized by now you have to watch the eps several times to fully appreciate all the humor?  (Same advice I give people every year when they say that the new season isn’t up to par.)

Shit machine gun

« Reply #81 on: Apr 19, 2006, 09:58 AM »
But Shake, they fucked the dog and didn't get the DVD's out before the new season started.  RNC is probably too honest a guy to download the episodes.  I too only watched them twice, so I kinda remember but not really.  Waiting patiently for the DVD's.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

shake

« Reply #82 on: Apr 19, 2006, 10:02 AM »
I always tape the eps so I can review them and enjoy them over again. 

Even if you don't have a VCR/PVR Showcase re-ran the Season 5 eps every week so there is no excuse to only have watched them once :P

I buy the DVDs for the extras and the commentary.
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2006, 10:06 AM by shake »

Shit machine gun

« Reply #83 on: Apr 19, 2006, 10:07 AM »
I found myself watching the reruns of previous seasons when they were on but not so much s5.

I've downloaded them and have them on DVD in case I needed a fix but only watched them once.

I guess I suck.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #84 on: Apr 19, 2006, 04:40 PM »
Fuck , I've already watched season 6 epi 1 , 5 times. 3 times on Showcase , and 2 times on my VHS.

I love that [spoiler] cat-dog has no pant's on today [/spoiler]  spoiler thingy , very cool

You know what, I hardly remember anything that happened last season. I've only watched the season 5 episodes once (the day they originally aired).

BOO!!! R’N’C you only watched the season 5 eps once?  Haven’t you realized by now you have to watch the eps several times to fully appreciate all the humor?  (Same advice I give people every year when they say that the new season isn’t up to par.)

RnC has often mentioned that he isn't much of a TPB fan ...except for the first few seasons....
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2006, 04:43 PM by Saucy Bastard »

Canuckguy

« Reply #85 on: Apr 20, 2006, 02:19 AM »
too many rum n cokes I think :julian:

ILoveLucy

« Reply #86 on: Apr 20, 2006, 02:11 PM »
I think that this season started very well.  They certainly set up quite a few things in 30 minutes

1. Barb is the new puppetmaster
2. Lucy is totally using Ricky and Ricky is still in denial about it
3. Supercop and Randy are going to be an item
4. Jim Lahey will be trying to dry out
5. Julian's real estate career is doomed now that Barb has all his money
6. Trevor and Cory have started developing spines and are standing up for themselves
7. J-Roc is so stressed that he will do anything to get money to support his harem
8. Ricky has a regular income from stealing garbage - and now Ray is living at the dump.  How perfect is that?
9. Bubbles is leaving the shopping cart business and starting his kitty day care

The transformation of Trevor and Cory is an interesting development, but I think possibly a red herring.  They have no individual identity. I cannot remember any scene in any season except for S04E06 episode where Trevor got attacked by Steve French where you see just one of them.  I just about pissed myself when the phone rings and Cory answers with "Hello - Cory and Trevor speaking".  Obviously they still have some self-esteem work to do in order to see themselves as individuals.

I wonder if we will see any of these AWOL characters
Trinity - Lucy did mention her but no screen time
Officer George Green
DVS
Cyrus - May be still in jail since Julian still has the Monte Carlo
Flappy Bird brothers
Shouting guy

Shit machine gun

« Reply #87 on: Apr 20, 2006, 02:25 PM »
I wonder if J-Roc's new business is going to be a chop shop.  He did the custom work for Julian's MCarlo (sweet spoiler), and had his 2 baby mamas washing up a car for him.  maybe we're seeing the next Chip Foose.  I think there was a sign on his porch about East Coast Rides or something. 

Up in my NB hometown, there is an East Coast Customs, which is a car shop. 

I HATE Conky

Sam Losco

« Reply #88 on: Apr 20, 2006, 07:22 PM »
If you watch just after the credit intro rolls, the audio for Lucy is dubbed in with Sarah's voice.  Did anyone else notice this?  It is really weird. 

Well, at least that is on the leaked version, unfortunately I am down here in the states where it is not broadcasting.  So can anyone tell me if the broadcast version was any different than the leaked version for Episode 1?  Because, I can't find anywhere to get the broadcast version yet. 

Anyways, great first episode.  I thought Lahey's drunk act on the handicam was really good, I am surprised to see it criticized earlier in this thread.  Especially when he does the dance, I have been around alcoholics who act EXACTLY like that, it was just perfect imo.

-Sam
I only heard of one guy getting shot twice in one day in unrelated incidents, and he was a REAL dick.

TPB_99

« Reply #89 on: Apr 20, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Seems to me season 6 is gonna be pretty good. I'm happy they aren't going over the top with some of the stuff. I expected with a new season higher expectations and I thought it could possibly ruin the value somewhat but so far I've been impressed and can't wait for more.

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #90 on: Apr 20, 2006, 09:38 PM »
If you watch just after the credit intro rolls, the audio for Lucy is dubbed in with Sarah's voice.  Did anyone else notice this?  It is really weird. 

Well, at least that is on the leaked version, unfortunately I am down here in the states where it is not broadcasting.  So can anyone tell me if the broadcast version was any different than the leaked version for Episode 1?  Because, I can't find anywhere to get the broadcast version yet. 

Anyways, great first episode.  I thought Lahey's drunk act on the handicam was really good, I am surprised to see it criticized earlier in this thread.  Especially when he does the dance, I have been around alcoholics who act EXACTLY like that, it was just perfect imo.

-Sam

I'm still searching around for a torrent of the broadcasted version as well, I'll give ya an update if I find it. I suppose some people around here frown on those of us who download them? Keep in mind, some of us are in the unfortunate position of being born in a f'ed up country where you can't see good shit on TV cause the governments friggin screwed up like that, we have to resort to tedious internet searches and file downloads to get the shit we love, that's bein a fackin' dedicated fan if you ask me. =P I also agree, Lahey's act was almost creepily similar to the actions of several alcoholics I know. He's an awesome actor!  =)
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #91 on: Apr 20, 2006, 11:22 PM »
Mitch , there are NO people around here frown on those of us who download them.How else would non Canadians see the new season? Even castmembers and Mike C acknowledge that downloading has helped to spread the word. We all know how lame it would be to wait a year for the DVD ...

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #92 on: Apr 21, 2006, 12:31 AM »
Well, that's good to know, Saucy. I'm glad that Mike doesn't mind. :) I have definitely spread the word. I've got people calling me that I don't even remember from New Orleans asking me for more episodes. I always refer them to the TPB Store website of course =P
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

the beav

« Reply #93 on: Apr 21, 2006, 10:59 AM »
This was the best show ever. Why, cause it was new and a year in the waiting.  We all got to accept the fact that they can't just reuse old storylines every season.  I am sure it's getting harder to write these scripts and with jackasses like us critsizing every second, I'm sure if makes it even harder.

Good point SMG!  I totally agree with you.  The shows' direction may not be all things to everybody.   It is, what it is....my advice...stop being so critical and just sit back and enjoy it and roll with the punches so to speak.
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

Shit machine gun

« Reply #94 on: Apr 21, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Thanks beav.

I know I was critical of the first few episodes last year, but now it's time to enjoy the show, since it might not be around much longer.  But hopefully it is.

I HATE Conky

PepperoniANDCigarettes

« Reply #95 on: Apr 21, 2006, 07:05 PM »
Way of the Road was fucking awesome, did anyone else notice when Randy got out of Ted Johnson's car, that he had his pants off? I think we all know what was going on between them, haha. The piss jugs were pretty fucking funny :
"Well i dont agree with it, but i guess truckers have to make certains deadlines and time, so they dont have tiem to pull the rig into a truck stop, take a pee, get back into the truck and start driving again. So i guess they just put their bird into the jug, take a pee, cap it off, and drill er' down the road".
Ha! :ricky: :6paper:
Ricky:"Now helix, thats a real concert!: Gimme an R-O-C-K, then the crowd yells ROCK really loud."
Bubbles:"Im not givin' anybody an R"
Ricky:Rush just dosent do stuff like that, they write about stuff like how trees are talking to each other, or how each side of your brain works."
Bubbles: Gimme a fuckin' R..."

Ricky(Talking about Alex Leifson):" This man is drunk as fuck, He's High, He's a Male prostitute..."

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #96 on: Apr 21, 2006, 11:17 PM »
did anyone else notice when Randy got out of Ted Johnson's car, that he had his pants off?

No, actually I didn't notice that.  :roll: :lol:
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Sam Losco

« Reply #97 on: Apr 22, 2006, 06:56 AM »

I don't want to quote myself here, guys, but can someone confirm this for me and tell me I didn't just get slipped some magic mushrooms and hallucinate it.
I only heard of one guy getting shot twice in one day in unrelated incidents, and he was a REAL dick.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #98 on: Apr 22, 2006, 07:15 AM »
I am pretty sure it is just the tone of her voice. I don't think it sounds much like Sarah.
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2006, 10:27 PM by Refuckulator »
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

PepperoniANDCigarettes

« Reply #99 on: Apr 22, 2006, 10:56 AM »
Yeah, I heard something like that too. But I though that it was just me.
 :ricky: :6paper:
Ricky:"Now helix, thats a real concert!: Gimme an R-O-C-K, then the crowd yells ROCK really loud."
Bubbles:"Im not givin' anybody an R"
Ricky:Rush just dosent do stuff like that, they write about stuff like how trees are talking to each other, or how each side of your brain works."
Bubbles: Gimme a fuckin' R..."

Ricky(Talking about Alex Leifson):" This man is drunk as fuck, He's High, He's a Male prostitute..."