Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Season 6 Episode One  (Read 48736 times)

I Was Gettin Changed

Re: Season 6 Episode One
« Reply #50 on: Apr 17, 2006, 01:22 PM »
JROC Spoiler for Julian was ti ti ti ti tight. :lol:

shaun

« Reply #51 on: Apr 17, 2006, 01:48 PM »

Some of last night's highlights :) Notice the "Convenients" store.. hahah
What do you do for a living? I take greeee-eeeee-easy photographs!

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #52 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:10 PM »
:lol: :lol: good one , convienients . Things that are convenient , are convenients  , hence a convenients store...makes sense in Sunnyvale
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Joe Lahey

• Location: I Ain't Straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the Trailer
« Reply #53 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:13 PM »
"Mr Lahey What the hell happened? Wheres the roof of our car?"

TOO FUNNY

:beermug:
Sam Losco is tough on crime

shaun

« Reply #54 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:21 PM »
"Mr Lahey What the hell happened? Wheres the roof of our car?"

Heh heh.
What do you do for a living? I take greeee-eeeee-easy photographs!

Joe Lahey

• Location: I Ain't Straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the Trailer
« Reply #55 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:38 PM »
googled JROC's babt mama's and came up with this.

http://www.amykerr.ca/  :perv1:

BOOYAH!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Sam Losco is tough on crime

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #56 on: Apr 17, 2006, 03:23 PM »
Finally!  After all these months, a new eppy!  I liked it, but didn't think it was the greatest.  Actually, I watched the Ali G episode later last night, and had way more LOL moments.

But, the season is young.  And I'll be there for the next 5 shows (only 5 more :( )
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

i_of_the_sh*ticane

« Reply #57 on: Apr 17, 2006, 04:38 PM »
hi all - the little lahey show was wicked!

RangerF150

« Reply #58 on: Apr 17, 2006, 06:05 PM »
Finally!  After all these months, a new eppy!  I liked it, but didn't think it was the greatest.  Actually, I watched the Ali G episode later last night, and had way more LOL moments.

But, the season is young.  And I'll be there for the next 5 shows (only 5 more :( )

Well I do have a big mouth, and I do say thing's that people don't really want to hear, but I had decided to keep my big mouth shut, till I read your post!
I checked my email during episode one, as noted in the episode two thread.
It was pretty lame compared to any season thus far.

If one true fan here can hold their hand on their heart and tell me that was "classic" TPB's I will eat my heart out.
It was TPB's by number's, the actor's looked bored with the whole thing.
No story.
Bad acting.
The scene at the dump with Ray was an obvious stage set, a first for TPB's, and just looked so bad.
Nothing added up, it was painfull to watch.

If you were trying to get someone into TPB's , would you tell them to watch S6 Episode 1 ?
I would not !

Be honest here folks, I am a huge fan, but really , this is the worst season thus far, I have no inclination to see the rest of the season, I will watch it, but fear the worst.

Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #59 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:01 PM »
Anyone know if a torrent is up yet for the broadcasted version? Thanks! Big fan in the stizates here, noo'msayin?
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

DopePlant

« Reply #60 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:27 PM »
it thought it was better than season 5 so far.. keep it up. :beermug:  :bubs: :beermug:
not me and you, arsehole... me and her !

elle*

« Reply #61 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:40 PM »
Lol John Dunsworth's GREAT at playing a drunk eh?  I loved it!  He never disapoints!
"Can you read son?"
"That depends, can you go fuck yourself?" - Bubbles

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7989/userbar187833rm.gif[/img]

Canuckguy

« Reply #62 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:49 PM »
I thought it was a very solid first ep.  Can't wait to see where the storyline goes from here.

Tornado69

« Reply #63 on: Apr 17, 2006, 09:58 PM »
Lahey missing the roof passed out drunk in his car was probably one of the funniest moments I've ever seen on this show. Right up there with him driving back from the liquor store with his car full of liquor last year from episode 9. Also a funny moment for those of you who have it saved is when Julian first pulls up to see Ricky Bubbles and Ray if you look at Ray and Ricky their eating full loafs of bread lol ... their not even cutting it into toast.

Brenteus Maximus

« Reply #64 on: Apr 18, 2006, 12:27 AM »
I just caught the episode last night and i loved it. I was glad to see the return of two of the sexiest sights on the show: Julian's Monte Carlo and Barb Lahey lol.

Barb was so hitting on Julian. And we know Ricky had some fun with her back in season 4 so who's to say she won't make a move on Sexian?

Lahey was in classic form. The video, especially the mowing the air scene, was terrific. I'm getting the impression Randy and Ted might be hooking up as well so i'm glad i wasn't the only one picking up on that.

Loved the piss jugs and Ray and Ricky's recycling business. I tease my dad by calling him Ray for collecting bottles and bringing them back to the beer store all the time (plus the fact that he owns a  blue flanel jacket similar to ray's in the early seasons lol) and i'm glad Ray hasn't quit this hobby so i can continue the Ray jokes with my dad.

Two questions i have though. Was Barb living in Julian's grandmother's trailer? And who will be the new sunnyvale trailer park supervisor, since Randy could only be promoted to associate TPS? Will it be Ted?

Fucking Jacob

« Reply #65 on: Apr 18, 2006, 02:12 AM »

Well I do have a big mouth, and I do say thing's that people don't really want to hear, but I had decided to keep my big mouth shut, till I read your post!
I checked my email during episode one, as noted in the episode two thread.
It was pretty lame compared to any season thus far.

If one true fan here can hold their hand on their heart and tell me that was "classic" TPB's I will eat my heart out.
It was TPB's by number's, the actor's looked bored with the whole thing.
No story.
Bad acting.
The scene at the dump with Ray was an obvious stage set, a first for TPB's, and just looked so bad.
Nothing added up, it was painfull to watch.

If you were trying to get someone into TPB's , would you tell them to watch S6 Episode 1 ?
I would not !

Be honest here folks, I am a huge fan, but really , this is the worst season thus far, I have no inclination to see the rest of the season, I will watch it, but fear the worst.

I too don't want to be a downer ... and I too was going to keep my mouth shut until you opened up (after someone else opened up )

I agree that it was probably the weakest first episode of any season.  :| Sure there were still some good quotes.  But I agree that it wasn't a classic by any means and that some of the actors definitely seemed bored at times.

I do like John Dunsworth's acting a lot and thought he was pretty good in this episode ... except for that damn "Lahey drunk video".  Man did his acting in that seem fake and lifeless to me.  I could play drunk better than that (and I definitely can't act).  Just swinging around a lawn mower does not, in and of itself, make an actor look drunk ... and to me he just didn't do it in that scene.

Jim Swansburg as Officer Ted Johnson also seemed a bit tired to me.

I will say that I did love Mike Jackson as Trevor.  I like that he's playing Trev as more of a fed-up burnout (as opposed to a child) this season ... and since it is his last season it won't really have time to get tired.

Like Ranger, I'm not saying it's all bad and I'm definitely not writing off the season.  The next 5 episodes could all end up being rock solid.  But the fact is that when the series finally does come to an end, nobody will be looking back at the entire body of work and saying S6E1 was a standout classic ... end of story.  [-(

kitty meiowenstein

« Reply #66 on: Apr 18, 2006, 02:27 AM »

hi guys

good for you for being brave ranger, (and after the series 6 party madness and everyone loved up) I've been a bit wary to say I agree the episode seemed below par. .  But then (I guess it's the psychologist in me) wondered why I'm feeling disappointed because after all it did have classic tpb ingredients and I love the stuff. But TRUE FANS won't lie to the directors and I know by now our feedback is taken very seriously, so here goes.

I reckon it's the build up was way way way (TAKE NOTE, DIRECTORS) too long to wait for since last series and almost to the point where I'm thinking, WAS THAT IT? Plus "Can I wait another year after this short series?". Yeah there's a movie, but TPB should have more episodes and run like the great show it is. Why why why the constant advertising and such little product?  All the great shows ran way more frequentl; I've never heard of a show run one series a year that's so much in the spotlight and stay there and this is in danger of frustrating too much. I still love the guys but am really concerned.  Maybe it's already too late to claw back the original spark I feel about them? I hope not and that's sincere.
Randy's got his pants off !!!

Mitch Lahey

« Reply #67 on: Apr 18, 2006, 06:21 AM »
Well, I for one liked it. Maybe not a great kick start to a long-awaited season, but fuck it, it was still way awesomer than alot of other TV shows' new season shit thing. It gave me a feeling that things are really changing in the park. Nothing is permanent. J Roc finally knocked some hoes up and he's having to come to grips with that. The Lahey video scene was great acting on Dunsworth's part, I think. Esp. the scene where he's reviewing the tape. Reminded me of a time that I filmed my dad drunk and made him watch it the next day. (A great thing to do to an alcoholic btw, really gives 'em a little perspective if they pay close attention) In conclusion, I think that the first episode shouldn't ever be too heavily criticised until you see the whole mahfocker, mahfocker! And you know, first ep of a sixth season is supposed to be like a re-introduction to the states of the characters we've all come to know and love. For those of us who have downloaded the fixed version of Cheeseburger Picnic, I think we will all agree, this season is gonna be dope as fuck! Peace =)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

Ole Dirty

« Reply #68 on: Apr 18, 2006, 08:02 AM »
Watching Lahey stagger around drunk, brings a tear to my eye because it reminds me of my drunken ways years ago...
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

eric

« Reply #69 on: Apr 18, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Overall, I enjoyed the episode, but I accept it for what it is.  The first episode has a heavy burden to carry with regards to getting all the storylines set up and setting the stage for the coming season, especially with only a ½ hour. 

“Convients Store”.  That’s just funny.

Mike as Bubbles is as great as ever.  The face he makes when he’s talking about Randy’s “package” is classic.  Same when he’s talking about the Ray’s piss jugs. 

Loved the scene where Ricky is talking about how they made a total of $70 last week recycling, $30 each.  Bubbles, sharp as a tack, chimes in “That doesn’t add up” and Ray responds: “Moving right along Bubbles”.

Once again, John Dunsworth shows that he has a unique ability to do some great physical comedy.  One of my favorite TPB scenes was the “falling down the stairs drunk” bit a few seasons back when Lahey answers the door to Julian.  The whole Mr. Lahey show was great.  Yet, John can also convey a great deal of emotion thru his face.  The entire sequence of watching the tape Randy made, starting off by laughing at himself, then slowly coming to the realization of what he becomes and how he treats Randy when he drinks was quite sad.  Then Randy goes, on the tape, “You pissed yourself, Mr Lahey” just to break to tension.

I think we’re going to see something develop with Randy and the cop, although I took the fact that he hopped out of the car without pants more as a sign that he was ready to open up a can of whoop-ass.  Bubbles describing the difference between fighting Randy with and without pants on, how Randy “hunkers down”, was classic. 

Randy riding that bike had me in tears.  There was just something about that entire image, the milk crates strapped to the side, his worldly possessions on top, big gut hanging out...  Too funny.

Julians_Wife

« Reply #70 on: Apr 18, 2006, 01:57 PM »
Honestly I didn't think it was that "bad" it certainly wasn't the best but I think one thing we've all agreed on is that Seasons 1 thru 3 were the best ever ....... why? Because it was so RAW and I love it like that. [spoiler]I don't like the cameras and I don't like seeing the boys humping things, it's so out of character for them. They never did that before, why do it now? Like seeing Bubbles doing that was VERY weird (was funny), but come on that's not Bubbles! Bubbles is a passive perv (if you'd even call him that), so to see him doing that was just strange. Ricky I can kinda see it  ....... cuz well he's just Ricky and well you never know what the heck he is going to do, but it was very weird also to some degree. [/spoiler]

I just hope the boys aren't going "mainstream" and that's why there are changes, because it will KILL the show.
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2006, 08:50 AM by cat-dog »

Shit machine gun

« Reply #71 on: Apr 18, 2006, 02:08 PM »
This was the best show ever. Why, cause it was new and a year in the waiting.  We all got to accept the fact that they can't just reuse old storylines every season.  I am sure it's getting harder to write these scripts and with jackasses like us critsizing every second, I'm sure if makes it even harder.

2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Julians_Wife

« Reply #72 on: Apr 18, 2006, 02:32 PM »
This was the best show ever. Why, cause it was new and a year in the waiting.  We all got to accept the fact that they can't just reuse old storylines every season.  I am sure it's getting harder to write these scripts and with jackasses like us critsizing every second, I'm sure if makes it even harder.

For me it's more about the filming than anything ......I LOVE that raw feeling and it gives the show more character, I don't know how many times I laughed my ass off at Ricky for freaking on the camera dude or knocking him over, surely they can bring that back.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #73 on: Apr 18, 2006, 02:38 PM »
we've got 5 more episodes this season, so hopefully clatty will go back to everyone's favourite style, but we've got to think realistically.  Why would Julian keep hiring a film crew to document his life.  Haven't seen too many offers come in for movie deals.  Who's his manager, Jroc?  DVD?  After having dudes follow him around for 5 years, and go to jail every time, you think he might try something else.  Now I'm all for the mockumentary style, but I am now to the point where I wouldn't believe it's a documentary anyway. 
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Mitch Lahey

« Reply #74 on: Apr 18, 2006, 03:58 PM »
we've got 5 more episodes this season, so hopefully clatty will go back to everyone's favourite style, but we've got to think realistically.  Why would Julian keep hiring a film crew to document his life.  Haven't seen too many offers come in for movie deals.  Who's his manager, Jroc?  DVD?  After having dudes follow him around for 5 years, and go to jail every time, you think he might try something else.  Now I'm all for the mockumentary style, but I am now to the point where I wouldn't believe it's a documentary anyway. 

I thought about that as well awhile back and I thought back to the episode where the boom mic guy gets shot, at the end of the ep he's like "Thanks guys, this is the best job I've ever had" and I sorta concluded that the college camera crew just decided to stick around anyway cause they liked filming all that crazy shit goin on. It's sorta like they're just fans too and they stick around cause they're hooked like we are- I love it when Bubs goes to get the boys outta jail at the begining of season 2 and he's like "Look who I brought with me" and Rick and Jules are like "hey boys, hows it goin?", sorta gives the impression they're speaking to the fans as well :)