Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: I would like to suggest a Newsletter  (Read 4973 times)

Julians_Wife

I would like to suggest a Newsletter
« on: Apr 01, 2006, 11:26 AM »
A newsletter would be a great way to inform some of the less active members of the board what's going on with events etc and possibly bring them back to the board more often. I think the board is pretty active for it's size, but just from reading some of the old posts the last few days there are some people that seem to have went MIA lol that used to bring some really good character to this place. When I say newsletter I don't mean some long detailed boring whatever, just a little blurbs about the topics that are popular and then a direct link to the topic so they can read it further.

Like for the Season 6 party in Halifax, I probably could have made plans to go and meet all you great people if I would've gotten my lazy ass over to this place sooner, but I was so wrapped up in working that I forgot, JW kicks herself in the ass so now I have a window open on the board to make sure I don't miss anything, yes I am pathetic lol (Am eagerly waiting for news on launch party for the movie and can NOT miss that! LOL)

So that's my suggestion and now once again I am going to go kick myself in the ass! LOL

Arlene

Re: I would like to suggest a Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Hay that would be cool, lot of work but cool!
A
"I hate Disneyland, it primes our kids for Las Vegas."

"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends"

Julians_Wife

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Hay that would be cool, lot of work but cool!
A

Nah not really, I do them all the time and like I said it doesn't have to be anything too detailed or fancy, just some tidbits with links to the board, help increase board activity.

cat-dog

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2006, 07:43 PM »
Had this as an idea for a while, would definitely like to do a semi-regular newsletter type thing. The forum software even supports it. I've suggested it to a staff member or two, but never really got much response about it.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Yeah , I've thought of something similar too. A spot/thread for those who aren't able to stop by that often , but want to be able to easilly catch up on all of the important events/happenings/topics....
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Julians_Wife

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Had this as an idea for a while, would definitely like to do a semi-regular newsletter type thing. The forum software even supports it. I've suggested it to a staff member or two, but never really got much response about it.

I'd gladly do it for you CD, just hook me up with someone who could send it out and work with couple mods that have input for that weeks edition. I've got no problem doing it, have one of my own to do anyway, so no biggie to throw into the mix ;o)

Canuckguy

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2006, 11:01 AM »
Id do it for ya CD.  I could just collect links from the news over the past month and send it out to the org members.

Julians_Wife

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Id do it for ya CD.  I could just collect links from the news over the past month and send it out to the org members.

psssssst, CD can you do updates on the singles thread too if ya do it? LOL

Canuckguy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2006, 06:47 AM »
Sure I could do that hehe :drunk:

Sunnyvale4Life

« Reply #9 on: Apr 06, 2006, 12:28 AM »
Cool idea, JW *big thumbs up*

Julians_Wife

« Reply #10 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:16 PM »
anybody volunteer for this yet? Didn't want to ask, as CD has been busy working on the new board etc. but since he's done, maybe could get it going now.

Canuckguy

« Reply #11 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:24 PM »
Ill make the first one some time this week.  So everyone update your org private registered email addys to your email that you use.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: Apr 17, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Mine is updated and I am going to be waiting to see this News Letter CG :)
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #13 on: Apr 18, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Great idea folks!  I'd be willing to help out as well.  I've been part of a similar newsletter before and what we did is get a group of people to do it on a rotating basis.  We all chatted and agreed about format. content etc and from them on it worked really well with no one person always being responsible for it.

Anybody have any good idea's for what it could be called and how often it would publish?

Julians_Wife

« Reply #14 on: Apr 18, 2006, 10:15 AM »
Well what we did for one company that I worked with was ...... pick people to talk about certain topics and worked it out so they only had to do one or two a month, so if CG is going to be one that sends it out ......then everyone just sends the stuff to him and he puts it all together. Can't just be a bunch of links to the topics, because some ppl won't read it and I certainly think there is enough interesting stuff that goes on in this forum to pick a few topics to write about, even though it is a TPB fan site, we talk about alot of other stuff too.

cat-dog

« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2006, 09:58 AM »
If you'd like to register to get this newsletter whenever it arrives, you can visit http://www.trailerparkboys.org/chronical/ - and enter your name & email - and you will recieve a confirmation email with a link inside to verify your registration.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Shit machine gun

« Reply #16 on: Apr 19, 2006, 10:06 AM »
Cool.  We used to do monthly newsletters/newspapers back at our residence in university. Basically it was a chance to cut people up and get some good shots in.  I used to draw cartoons and make fake ads and such. 

I think this one will be more along the lines of a company newsletter where it just explains what's new in the world of TPB.org and TPB.

Attitude available upon request.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 06:59 PM »
I have signed up for the ORG newsletter.
 I would like to see quotes from cast members as a feature. We could have Sarah post a link to her store website or a link to Aide-de-camp etc. Mug shot of the month? Most illiterate post of the month? Top 10 topics of the month? J_W recipe of the month? :6paper: Butter...bacon...FACK :bubs:
My few words for the day.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Julians_Wife

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 07:23 PM »
LOL ...... I'll agree to do a recipe of the month fishy, if we can do singles of the month? And can we get in one in quick before someone tries to hook me up on a blind date? rumours have been floating around my house about this LOL

cat-dog

« Reply #19 on: Jul 01, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Getting geared up for the first newsletter with a release date of July 15th.

If you have anything you would like to submit to be included, please don't hesitate to contact me (andrew /@/ trailerparkboys.org), as I have already begun to compile information for the first issue.

If you haven't signed up yet, please check out http://www.trailerparkboys.org/chronical/ and get your email address registered. We will be doing a random draw with all the registered users, with 1 lucky person recieving a TPB T-shirt to keep you cool this summer. Every issue will be accompanied by a giveaway - so it's worth signing up just for the hell of it.

cheers