Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: How to say Hello?  (Read 4407 times)

2StonedBirds

How to say Hello?
« on: Sep 07, 2004, 11:07 PM »
Hi folks, I have a simple question. What is the proper etiquette for introducing oneself on these types of boards? So far I've found that posing questions to members who have been around for awhile, or attempting to engage in conversation gets ignored. Is it because the elder members think lowly of a post count of 1 or 2, thus rendering the newbie a waste of time? Please don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking anyone, I mean no offence. I'm just kinda curious as to how someone like myself should go about getting included in this type of venue.

Thank you for your time, suggestions very much welcomed.
-Don't let me piss myself!!- `Ricky`

bigbenjamin

How to say Hello?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2004, 11:24 PM »
No formula, bro. takes a little time to see who is whom - if you wanna get biographical (be careful) - that is ok. welcome to our humble board. play with it!

2StonedBirds

How to say Hello?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2004, 01:48 AM »
Hehe, well given the state of the TPB forums at Slowcase I can understand why. I guess I'm what's refered to as a Forum Lurker. I've been going to the TBP forums for a long time, since before the beginning of S4 anyway. I'm just one of those people who worries too much about how people interpret text on a computer monitor. For that reason, I only ever posted once there.

I watched the drama unfold there, first with the original Woodman, then with that GES POS and all his other roles in the Invasion of the Handle Snatchers. I watched him destroy the TBP board, then his attempt on the QAF boards. One word, un-fucking-believable. I even remember that JROC_and_Frenz kid with all the Wigger talk, good for a laugh the first couple of times, but then it got extremely monotonous. I also read every post in the tragic last thread Mike Smith ever posted in, because some retard was trying to tell the real Mike Smith that he was in fact Mike Smith.

I can understand the trepidation of all of you folks, having to go through that. You would certainly have to treat each "new" person with a great deal of restraint, because anyone could be that GES kid. I'm not him, for the record. Isn't that the ultimate victory for shitiots like him though, the paranoia that festers; the uncertainty that someone might not be the person they claim to be?

Anyway, enough of that stuff, this is "THE" TPB forum and I am indeed a fan. I'm one of those late converts, a good friend of mine was talking up a storm about this crazy-assed show on Showcase called Trailer Park Boys; I had never heard of it before. One Sunday I was over at his place and he said it was coming on, so I watched it. I laughed my friggin ass off, I couldn't believe a show like that could be on TV. Of course we were smoking Buckets, our prefered method of Mary Jane intoxication. From that Sunday on, I watched the show every week. I had to catch up; as, I started watching it just after Season 3 ended. I Watched all three seasons via re-brodcasts, then the 4th that just ended. Like all of you here, I am eagerly anticipating the 5th season (the XMAS special will be awesome too)

Ok long winded, sorry about that. In closing, I would just like to say Hello to all you folks here. I hope you will give me a chance to get to know you, and you to know me. Thank you.

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
How to say Hello?
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2004, 07:11 AM »
Welcome :D
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Witch-Ho

How to say Hello?
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Greetings.... I believe you'll find this a much friendlier atmosphere than the Shitcase.ca board you've been lurking (though I admit it can be quite entertaining to lurk that place it's SO messed up)  -I'm so glad TPB fever is contagious, I've been turning everyone I can find onto it, at least the ones who can relate (gave it a big viewing in a trailer party some time back, everyone clamoring for DVDs at the end)  -keep it rolling!

shake

Re: How to say Hello?
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2004, 02:31 PM »
Quote from: 2StonedBirds
Hi folks, I have a simple question. What is the proper etiquette for introducing oneself on these types of boards?

I haven't spent much time on boards other than here and Showcase, so I don't know of any proper etiquette.  I would assume you do like most people do, just jump in and start posting when you feel you have something to add.

Witch-Ho

How to say Hello?
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2004, 02:37 PM »
It's the same thing I do in real life- I find if you just start talking like you've known someone forever, they very quickly get used to your presence (or tell you to go away.  Doubt that's going to be the case here!)

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
How to say Hello?
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Welcome to the boards!
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Killer Bob

• http://www.enterthetrailer.com
How to say Hello?
« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2004, 03:01 PM »
Hi 2StonedBirds.

Nobody answers to my posts, AND I still havn't got my dvd's that I've ordered from dvdelephant.com  :cry:
Nobody loves meeeeeeeeeeee   :lol:  Or....?

Witch-Ho

How to say Hello?
« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2004, 04:00 PM »
Hey Killer Bob I'll answer ya, the Netherlands rule!  So, is that a picture of you in your avatar icon?

Killer Bob

• http://www.enterthetrailer.com
How to say Hello?
« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2004, 04:28 PM »
Yep it is Witch-Ho  :)
Snowboarding, Playing Hockey (goalie) and Rock & Roll keeps you in shape  :twisted:

Witch-Ho

How to say Hello?
« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2004, 06:24 PM »
Wow you're ripped, and √úbermensch indeed!  Party on

bigbenjamin

How to say Hello?
« Reply #12 on: Sep 08, 2004, 06:41 PM »
Yeah, yeah - the pic looks good - but is it real or is it memorex? WH - finished with the flooding and high winds?

2StonedBirds

How to say Hello?
« Reply #13 on: Sep 08, 2004, 08:53 PM »
LOL, I thought that guys avatar was a pic of the buddy who played Steve on BH 90210 :P

Thanks for the welcome folks, it's a nice feeling. I'll contribute where I feel I can, I will probably always be the one with the lowest post count. If I do reply to something, I will have something worthwhile to say, no spam. I hate spam, even fried on toast, I hate it :P

Witch-Ho, what happened to the Siouxsie Sioux pic, I was like totally in love with her when I was in my punk phase back in the mid-80's. Hopefully I am not over-stepping any bounds when i say that you are a very attractive woman, I still have a soft-spot for Goth chicks :D

Anywho, thanks again folks, and I'll be seein' ya around the park here.

Witch-Ho

How to say Hello?
« Reply #14 on: Sep 08, 2004, 10:13 PM »

Witch-Ho, what happened to the Siouxsie Sioux pic, I was like totally in love with her when I was in my punk phase back in the mid-80's. Hopefully I am not over-stepping any bounds when i say that you are a very attractive woman, I still have a soft-spot for Goth chicks :D
 What, the one I had as my avatar a few weeks back?  I'm sure I'll put one of the many thousands of her back at some point, I just wanted to show off my flashy eyemakeup and give you guys my special patented voodoo-evil-eye (lol j/k)  -
  Ya, she rocks the world, actually my *husband* and I go see her play Atlanta in just 3 days time, doing Banshees and Creatures work in a 2 hour show with a Japanese Kodo master drummer and vocal backup, here's some of this weeks highlight pictures in case you're not jealous enough.  I like the third one best because she has lipstick on her chin she's been screaming so loud! -by the way I do love to pick, no you're not overstepping bounds, goth chicks have soft spots for guys who have soft spots for goth chicks.  The husband part is true though :P
http://www.markbibbins.com/sioux41.jpg
http://www.markbibbins.com/sioux13a.jpg
http://www.markbibbins.com/sioux19a.jpg

Witch-Ho

How to say Hello?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 08, 2004, 10:17 PM »
Quote from: bigbenjamin
Yeah, yeah - the pic looks good - but is it real or is it memorex? WH - finished with the flooding and high winds?
 NO, but I got lucky, really lucky.  I have dear friends that can't get into their studios because the water is still chest high...  It's truly one of the wildest things I've ever seen.  People were kayaking down one of the main thoroughfares today... at least we weren't upslope where the mudslides and sinkholes hit.  I'm friggin' moving to Canada I swear- there's another shiticaine out at sea that will reach here in a week, as if having Bush in office wasn't enough to send one packing!  -I can say that I'm quite cheery about it now that I see how my plight compared to others in the region...

2StonedBirds

How to say Hello?
« Reply #16 on: Sep 09, 2004, 12:20 AM »
Thats awesome, enjoy the show. I wonder if Robert Smith will show up and they can do some of The Glove stuff, Punish Me With Kisses...LOL. Well, you never know :D

Witch-Ho

How to say Hello?
« Reply #17 on: Sep 09, 2004, 12:58 AM »
Thats awesome, enjoy the show. I wonder if Robert Smith will show up and they can do some of The Glove stuff, Punish Me With Kisses...LOL. Well, you never know :D
 Oh, lord, if only you knew how deep the water under that bridge is now!  Severin says "I'd rather gargle razor blades" and "the Banshees are dead and the worms are having a feast"... Robert's been silent for years now and I would truly die of shock!  And I think The Cure is about to tour for a new album too.... subjects for 5 other forums at least!  Enough here though, as I'm sure that most of the VTP hasn't the faintest clue what we're on about.  PM me sometime for the goth chat...

Saucy Bastard

How to say Hello?
« Reply #18 on: Sep 09, 2004, 12:45 PM »
Welcome 2StonedBirds.
Like you ,I lurked  for a while and then just jumped in.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

2StonedBirds

How to say Hello?
« Reply #19 on: Sep 09, 2004, 12:59 PM »
Hey Saucy, good to meet you sir. Yes my lurking days are over, YAY \0/

Saucy Bastard

How to say Hello?
« Reply #20 on: Sep 09, 2004, 02:02 PM »
Hey 2StonedBirds, where ya from. You don't have to be too specific.

The Scientist

How to say Hello?
« Reply #21 on: Sep 09, 2004, 03:10 PM »
I have no idea what's going on here but welcome to the boards 2StonedBirds!

2StonedBirds

How to say Hello?
« Reply #22 on: Sep 09, 2004, 03:29 PM »
Hey Scientist, good to meet ya. Saucy, I live an hour and a half North East of Toronto, in the Heart of the Kawarthas. I'll give ya a couple of hints as to which city.

1. We are home to the Lift Locks, and 2. a fountain, that at one time was the tallest in Canada, I don't know if that's still the case, but the fountain is still here.

Saucy Bastard

How to say Hello?
« Reply #23 on: Sep 09, 2004, 03:39 PM »
Hey Scientist, good to meet ya. Saucy, I live an hour and a half North East of Toronto, in the Heart of the Kawarthas. I'll give ya a couple of hints as to which city.

1. We are home to the Lift Locks, and 2. a fountain, that at one time was the tallest in Canada, I don't know if that's still the case, but the fountain is still here.

Ahh, a quick google search tells me that you are located in the lovely city of Peterbourough with the Centenial Fountain that blasts to an amazing 76 meters!

2StonedBirds

How to say Hello?
« Reply #24 on: Sep 09, 2004, 03:44 PM »
Isn't Google wonderful?? :P

Yes I've lived in this fair city all my life, which is either sad or pathetic, or some combination of the two :D