Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Arrested Development  (Read 6512 times)

Shit machine gun

Arrested Development
« on: Mar 01, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Apparently Showtime in the US has picked Arrested Development and ordered 26 half hour episodes.

That usually leads to the show being on either showcase or the movie network here in Kanada.

More to follow as it becomes available.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Djet3k

• My Myspace
Re: Arrested Development
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Yup indeed kyle gave me the update last night :) think its his nr1 fav show..

Sure cool that it doesnt have to die a crapy sillent death.. well actually was a good end but theyres sure alot worse on tv then AD and i wouldnt mind more of it!

Now if only someone would pick up firefly , the tick live, greg the bunny and the other 50 shows that got cancelled too soon ..

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

tellkyle

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2006, 10:01 AM »
I personally don't think Showtime is the best place for the show to go.  Part of what made it funny to me was the way they worked around network censors.  I guess I'd rather have it somewhere than nowhere but I wish ABC would've picked it up.

Evangeline

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Yay! I'm glad a network picked up that show!  It is such a great show don't know why FOX would cancel it.

I'm glad ABC didn't pick it up, they have a show on right now that is almost like AD, and I don't like it!  I think its called Sons and daughters.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:31 AM
When is it suppose to be airing?  I have showtime but I haven't seen anything about AD yet.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Showtime has cancelled the take over for some reason

read it a while ago

theyve auctioned all the set props and some of it is on ebay now like Jobs magic coufin
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

Evangeline

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 10:55 AM »
That sucks :(

shake

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2007, 04:59 PM »
They are showing this show in syndication on CBC at 5:30 every day now.  I started watching it, I'm really liking it.

Brophy

« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:53 AM »
I fell in love with that show about a year ago... can't believe it was cancelled.  We have the seasons and watch them over and over... and we watch on CBC too.

What a fun and sexy time for all.
Nom Nom Nom

Becca

« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2007, 06:12 PM »
Excellent!  I loved it from the first show.

Lucille: Oh, George, I should have never doubted you. Even when you slept with my sister it was for a good reason.

George Sr.: Got her to stop drinking, didn't it?

-----------------------

George Sr.: The Brits set me up. I heard nothing about Iraq.

Michael: Dad, we have a picture of you and Saddam Hussein.

George Sr.: I thought he was the Soup Nazi. I was just congratulating him on a great job.

:lol: :lol:

Plus, that Bateman dude makes me feel all tingly.  Purrrrr-ty.

Cheers,
B.
It's Teeeeeeeeee-shirt time! CAB'S HERE, CAB'S HERE!  I think we have a Situation.

shake

« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2007, 06:46 PM »
Excellent.  I picked up the DVDs for season 1 and 2 today, I have to see this show!  (I'll get season 3 later)  I don't always "laugh out loud" if I find a show funny but I find myself laughing out loud for this show more than any other.  Brilliant!

Brophy

« Reply #10 on: Feb 19, 2007, 05:21 AM »
GOB: Michael what is this funny feeling I have inside?
Michael: I think thats love GOB
GOB: Michael, I know what an erection is.

Mom, why are you squeezing me with your body?
Its a hug Michael.
Ok.

I love them all.
Nom Nom Nom

shake

« Reply #11 on: Feb 19, 2007, 11:25 AM »
I'm still laughing at Gob's reaction when Buster got in the Bluth Stairs truck with his stump.  He we actually trying to be nice but he was too freaked out.  Damn loose seal :)

I'm not going to watch it on CBC anymore since I have the DVDs, I'm going to watch them in order.  Such a great cast of characters.
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2012, 06:35 PM by shake »

shake

« Reply #12 on: Sep 04, 2007, 09:52 AM »
So I got through all 3 seasons of the show on DVD a while back.  I liked it so much I had to go through all seasons again.  This time I listened to the commentary, nowhere near as insightful as the commentary on the TPB DVDs by the way, but I did pick up something interesting.  The show was meant to be mockumentary, like TPB.  Early on they considered having the crew being part of the show but decided against it as it is too hard to shoot a show and have people believe the crew is part is going to be there for all the things they are taping.  That was something Clattenburg mentioned in his season 3 commentary, that he was going to be shooting less of the crew in the show as it is often more trouble than it is worth.

From Wikipedia
Discussion which led to the creation of the series began in the summer of 2002. Ron Howard had the original idea to create a comedy in the style of hand-held cameras and reality television, but with an elaborate, highly-comical script resulting from repeated rewritings and rehearsals.

Perhaps Howard was inspired by TPB?

Anyway here is an article about Jason Bateman and his new movie career

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/Artists/B/Bateman_Jason/2007/09/04/4468142-sun.html

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2012, 06:36 PM by shake »

shake

« Reply #13 on: Aug 23, 2012, 06:37 PM »
I just saw on eTalk the Arrested Development is coming back!  Season 4, 13 episodes, will be shown on US Netflix and will lead to a movie!

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #14 on: Aug 23, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Hell Ya, I will be watching.. good news  :D

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #15 on: Aug 23, 2012, 08:18 PM »
This is great news -- Arrested Development was one a great show and its premature demise was a real mistake.  So glad they're correcting it now!

Josh

« Reply #16 on: Aug 30, 2012, 05:43 PM »
Sucks that they are only airing it on American Netflix! I was pissed when I found that out! Loved this show and it was so under rated. As far as I have heard, they will only be making one season leading up to the movie.

Noam Sayin

« Reply #17 on: Aug 30, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Sucks that they are only airing it on American Netflix! I was pissed when I found that out! Loved this show and it was so under rated. As far as I have heard, they will only be making one season leading up to the movie.

People will be sharing copies of the streams, for sure. But I agree, it is foolish for them to do it that way.
"Barb, yer scalloped potatoes are fucked!"

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #18 on: Aug 30, 2012, 09:02 PM »
This is the first I'm hearing of the Netflix deal, but that does suck mightily.  FX, HULU, so many cool FREE sites.  Arrested's first 3 seasons are on Hulu right now!  Fucksakes!

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #19 on: Aug 31, 2012, 04:45 AM »
"Dad, I don't wanna work in the banana!"
"George Michael, the banana's been good to me, and it'll be good to you. Now, son, you've got to get in the the banana. And give me a "Banana" while you're at it."
"Dad, you know I don't like saying "Banana".
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

Josh

« Reply #20 on: Aug 31, 2012, 01:55 PM »

People will be sharing copies of the streams, for sure. But I agree, it is foolish for them to do it that way.
I'm not a fan of streaming really. Hard to find good quality and my comp is old so that doesn't help. 2 of the actors are Canadian as well so you would think their friends and family will want to see it.

Josh

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 12:40 AM »
Season 4 airs on netflix may 26! Who else is excited? Can't wait to see it come back together. Check out the trailer if you have not seen it yet.