Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Random music stuff  (Read 14554 times)

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
Random music stuff
« on: Feb 22, 2006, 05:29 PM »
This is cool but I didn't want to start a whole thread on it cause it ain't THAT interesting. So therefore, I christen this thread Random.....or Miscellaneous.

Regardless, here's my thing.

Theory of a Deadman is renting the ice tomorrow at my work. Any GPians that are around here, they hit the ice at 130.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2006, 12:26 PM by Captain Shittastic »
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Bailey

Re: Random music stuff
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2006, 05:49 AM »
Seeings as random meanderings are one of my fave things when fucked off my face, Tool once performed for the Scientology's Celebrity Centre back in 1993, i only bring this up because i've known about it for years and years, but never realised that it was them... (care of wikipedia, tho the Tool FAQ from the address under my name is a lot more detailed and correct, [most of the info is ripped straight off it anyway]). 
"Tool performed at Scientology's Celebrity's Centre, apparently not knowing that this was the home of the cult. Once they found out, they did not take it nicely. Between songs, Keenan, staring first at the lush grounds paid for by devoted L. Ron followers and then into the eyes of his own audience, bayed into the mic like a sheep looking for his shepherd's gate. 'Baaaaa! Baaaaa!' the singer bleated."
...they even dedicated a song to them on Undertow (depending on which version you have, it'll either skip after the last track to 69, a track a second, or play as the next number, about the carrots lol, very funny.  Chick chick, BOOM, Chick-chick, ...

Coincidentally there's also a hidden song on the same album, Lotus something if mems serve correctly (unlikely in this condition), starts halfway thru one song, ends halfway thru the next, if you have the LP you'll know what i mean, easier to detect.  Also not on all versions apparently, but i think peeps just don't know what they're looking for.

Yay random shit.

Mall_cop

• Smashwords Author's Page
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2006, 01:53 PM »
A few years ago, I managed to land an interview with the lead singer of Three Days Grace for the Peterborough Examiner (where I worked briefly). I thought it would cool since the band is from this area and their record had just gone gold in Canada.

Effing idiot editor put the story in the Business Section, since it was about record sales.

What a Tool. But, Tool fucking rocks. Good story Bailey.

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2006, 05:20 PM »
check out the music and series here on Jamies myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=44396629

I really thought the show is funny even has something curb your enthousiam like to it but it sounds like its about to get canceled, ep 6 just aired

Also check out my signature ;)
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

letsgo2smokes

« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2006, 12:45 PM »
SWEEET im gunna be 20 steps from there in 1 hour i got an exam at school from 1-2 (The arena is right beside my school) then im gunna go check it out after...YOU  BETTER NOT BE BULLSHITTEN CAPPY  :|

Shit machine gun

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 2006, 04:54 PM »
I think you missed them LG2S, that was in Feb.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Evangeline

« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2006, 06:09 PM »
SWEEET im gunna be 20 steps from there in 1 hour i got an exam at school from 1-2 (The arena is right beside my school) then im gunna go check it out after...YOU  BETTER NOT BE BULLSHITTEN CAPPY  :|

This has nothing to do with this thread but what teams are those in your avatar?  I can't tell because I need glasses or something, lol

shake

« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2006, 02:42 PM »
If I remember correctly E the teams were Vancouver and Calgary.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/P/Petty_Tom/2006/06/30/1661850-ca.html

Petty not suing the Chili Peppers

The Red Hot Chili Peppers can breathe easy -- Tom Petty won't be suing the foursome over recent plagiarism allegations.
Some media reports suggested that Petty contacted lawyers and was considering litigation over the close similarities between his song "Mary Jane's Last Dance" and the Peppers' hit single "Dani California."
However, Petty was singing a different tune to Rolling Stone.
He told the music magazine: "The truth is, I seriously doubt that there is any negative intent there. And a lot of rock & roll songs sound alike.
"If someone took my song note for note and stole it maliciously, then maybe. But I don't believe in lawsuits much. I think there are enough frivolous lawsuits in this country without people fighting over pop songs."

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2006, 04:09 PM »

He told the music magazine: "The truth is, I seriously doubt that there is any negative intent there. And a lot of rock & roll songs sound alike.
"If someone took my song note for note and stole it maliciously, then maybe. But I don't believe in lawsuits much. I think there are enough frivolous lawsuits in this country without people fighting over pop songs."

Rock on Tom Petty, Rock on!
Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 05, 2006, 07:39 PM »

Ya dude, you missed it by a few months.   :-s
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #11 on: Jul 07, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Felth like hearing one of my fav themesongs again after i saw beccas new avatar :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpMP1Rk9m-Y&search=leary

lol he made a different version for an anti-drink drive advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5JClvSNOU0&search=leary
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2006, 02:21 PM by Djet3k »
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

shake

« Reply #12 on: Nov 03, 2006, 08:23 AM »
Not that I give a fuck about Hip Hop but I got a kick out of this...

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2006/11/03/2219808-ap.html

Kanye a sore loser at MTV Awards

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - Rap star Kanye West was named Best Hip Hop artist but still came off as a sore loser at the MTV Europe Music Awards.

West apparently was so disappointed at not winning for Best Video that he crashed the stage Thursday in Copenhagen when the award was being presented to Justice and Simian for "We Are Your Friends." In a tirade riddled with expletives, West said he should have won the prize for his video "Touch The Sky," because it "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it. I was jumping across canyons."

"If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility," West said.

The rapper grabbed the Best Hip Hop award earlier in the night in a star-studded event hosted by Justin Timberlake in the Danish capital.

sohcahtoa

« Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 2006, 01:31 PM »

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - Rap star Kanye West was named Best Hip Hop artist but still came off as a sore loser at the MTV Europe Music Awards.

West apparently was so disappointed at not winning for Best Video that he crashed the stage Thursday in Copenhagen when the award was being presented to Justice and Simian for "We Are Your Friends." In a tirade riddled with expletives, West said he should have won the prize for his video "Touch The Sky," because it "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it. I was jumping across canyons."

The rapper grabbed the Best Hip Hop award earlier in the night in a star-studded event hosted by Justin Timberlake in the Danish capital.

Hahahahaha! I've seen three year olds with better composure...
"Just cus' her dad's a bit of a fuckup, pardon my language in front of all these kids."

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #14 on: Nov 03, 2006, 02:18 PM »
LOL that is great! reminds me of ol dirty bastard and the grammys atleast he made a joke out of himself with style! :) Totally pimpin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHaPd27-c0k

pcole11

• Visit my Flickr page!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 03, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Petty not suing the Chili Peppers

The Red Hot Chili Peppers can breathe easy -- Tom Petty won't be suing the foursome over recent plagiarism allegations.
Some media reports suggested that Petty contacted lawyers and was considering litigation over the close similarities between his song "Mary Jane's Last Dance" and the Peppers' hit single "Dani California."

[/quote]

I'm not surprised he feels that way.  I remember that the Replacements opened for TP&TH on tour in 1989/1990.  At the time, the Replacements had a minor hit with "I'll Be You" featuring the line "a rebel without a clue".  In 1991, Tom Petty releases "Into the Great Wide Open" with the same clever wordplay in the chorus.  I'm not makin' accusations, just going "hmmm".   :-k
"For the purposes of this investigation, I will appear to be intoxicated..."

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #16 on: Nov 07, 2006, 09:08 AM »

Hahahahaha! I've seen three year olds with better composure...

http://www.wwtdd.com/?start=6
scroll down

KANYE IS A CRYBABY, PT 2

shake

« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2007, 01:25 PM »
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2007/01/08/3236110.html

R.E.M., VH inducted into Rock Hall

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Van Halen made a "jump" into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Monday along with Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, R.E.M., the Ronettes and Patti Smith.

A panel of 600 industry experts selected the five artists to be inducted at the annual ceremony, to be held March 12 in New York.

Van Halen was the 1980s hard rock quartet led by guitarist Eddie Van Halen, outrageous lead vocalist David Lee Roth, and later rocker Sammy Hagar, that put out hits such as "Jump" and "Dreams."

R.E.M. was the quintessential indie rock band until breaking through to mass success in the early 1990s with songs like "Losing My Religion."

Grandmaster Flash led the most innovative act in early hip-hop, and the song "The Message" was like a letter from urban America.

Punk rock poet Patti Smith and Phil Spector favorites the Ronettes round out the 2007 class.

To be eligible, artists must have issued a first single or album at least 25 years before nomination.

To be eligible, artists must have issued a first single or album at least 25 years before nomination.

25 years! I better get cracking then.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2007, 02:04 PM »
I got your belly, Shake. I listed you as a back up singer on the first CD I made.  :lol:
I'm glad VH made it. Eddies guitar work really made me sit up and get into the rawness of rock.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Ms Vee

« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2007, 03:05 PM »
I think this fits into this thread, didn't want to start a new one.
I just ordered tickets on-line for the Tenacious D show on Feb 21st at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. Yay! I'm taking my son who is thrilled to be seeing Jack and Kyle in person. 8) :D

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2007, 06:36 PM »
holy Fuck thats bloody awesome!! gonna be quite the rock opera spectacularrr!!

wish i was friggin there! I listed them in the bands i want to see before i die topic a while ago ;)

Bailey

« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:07 PM »
Def check out the songs that info refers to if you haven't already, knowing just some of the levels of Tool adds so much to their music, can be quite the intense experience.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #22 on: Jan 31, 2007, 06:49 AM »
yeah quite intens indeed!

Fuck so the D did a Uk tour, Canada, the Us and Australia (all of em for the second time) but still nowhere else :( this sucks! id drive to the Netherlands, Germany or France for them! Yes id even dare to set another step on french soil all just to enjoy one evenin rockin to the D

shake

« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Playing the Super Bowl really gave the great Tom Petty a boost, sales are through the roof.

From

http://www.canada.com/topics/technology/story.html?id=8ef8cfea-1d23-45b5-8673-eb8ea39c8e68&k=38205

Susan Visakowitz
Reuters

Saturday, February 16, 2008

NEW YORK (Billboard) - The New York Giants weren't the only ones to come away from Super Bowl XLII with a storybook ending. Artists who were tied to the game through live performance or inclusion in advertisements also notched impressive victories, especially on the digital front.

Leading the charge, perhaps unsurprisingly: halftime show stars Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, who performed four of their best-known songs in a well-received 12-minute set. With more than 97 million viewers tuned in to the game -- the most in Super Bowl history -- Petty and his band dominated the ultimate platform for reaching consumers.

This week the group finds itself at the summit of Billboard's Top Pop Catalog chart with its "Greatest Hits," which shot up 196 percent in the week following the Super Bowl with sales of 33,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The band's "Anthology: Through the Years" jumped 240 percent to 7,000, taking the No. 6 spot on the same chart.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Petty collects his biggest trophy this week for halftime show entry "Free Fallin"': The track shifted 63,000 digital copies, a gain of 305 percent, and bows at No. 10 on Hot Digital Songs. "I Won't Back Down," "American Girl" and "Runnin' Down a Dream," which made up the rest of Petty's halftime set, all registered similarly notable climbs in the digital realm.

Mike Davis, executive vice president/general manager of Universal Music Enterprises, which controls Petty's early catalog, said that advance preparation -- especially online -- was key to ensuring the best possible sales outcome.

INTERNET PUSH

"A huge part of our marketing was online-based," Davis said. "With big television events, the online aspect is so important because people can see (the performance) happen onscreen and then immediately react and buy it online. With so much music being bought online now anyway, it's an easy bull's-eye to market to."

Davis said iTunes accounted for the most sales of "Greatest Hits" and noted that 12,000 out of the 33,000 units shifted this week (or 36 percent) were digital.

"Greatest Hits" actually broke the top 10 on Top Pop Catalog several weeks before the game, and Davis said those results were "mostly driven by retail and Super Bowl bumpers telling people that Tom Petty would be performing." In the past 10 weeks, the set climbed the chart 98-83-79-40-34-19-6-6-2-1.

Excellent!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2008, 11:01 PM »
First off, he and his band sounded great. Talk about pulling off album versions of all the songs live. :shock: I was very impressed.
B) He probably made a couple of bucks for the performance too. Good for him. He's worked hard to earn that spot.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0