Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Marijuana Movie Moments  (Read 19206 times)

bigbenjamin

Marijuana Movie Moments
« on: Sep 02, 2004, 12:54 PM »
Post your favourite pot pictures here, scenes from movies you remember. To kick things off - I remember that scene in the first Poltergeist movie, where the parents are toking in  their bedroom, when their small son enters the room and they have to act "normal" :blazing: LOL!
K, what's yrs?

c0ry

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2004, 01:03 PM »
In Platoon when Taylor takes the hit from Elias

He has already taken a few hits then Elias picks up an M-16 and points it at taylor, hes pretty freaked out untill Elias starts blowing smoke into the bolt, then he puts his mouth around the barrel and takes a huge hit.

Thats my favorite.
"Whoa, whoa easy on the mix there captian, idiot."

bigbenjamin

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2004, 01:19 PM »
Wonder Boys, Tobey Maguire is smoking Prof.Tripp's(Michael Douglas) weed in Tripp's in-laws house (Tobey squeezed in through the doggy-door & let Tripp in). He is drinking the in-laws booze, smoking dope and singing along with some old judy Garland flic on tv, when suddenly the in-laws appear :lol: !
Next scene they are feeding Tobey cookies and milk :mrgreen: !If you haven't seen Wonder Boys , DO!
Hilarious, and Tripp chain smokes pot all the way through!(pic below of Katie Holmes,Tripp's live-in student, and Tripp assisting a very baked Maguire(student also):

Shitrockk

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2004, 05:03 PM »
I'll post the deadly obvious: The Camberwell Carrot of Withnail & I. Ricky's six-paper joint is a cigarette butt next to it.
"Well, a man is supposed to always be thinking about stuff about his family, and for to make himself to do things that are gonna gooder the family around, and gooder it up. And that is what is a man." -Ricky

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:10 PM »
Speaking of Pot movies,  @ 12:30AM on TBS their Showing"Fast Times at Ridgemont High",  I have the DVD,  but I'm still a sucker for it when it's on TV.
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

bigbenjamin

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:13 PM »
Quote from: Ghostdog
Speaking of Pot movies,  @ 12:30AM on TBS their Showing"Fast Times at Ridgemont High",  I have the DVD,  but I'm still a sucker for it when it's on TV.

zat on tonight G.D.? can you beleive i never saw that? it is because i used to hate Sean Penn :roll: !

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:19 PM »
Oh BB U gotta stay up and watch it!...I just worked out and had a shower so I'm wide awake until at least 5 now so I'm gonna put it on:)

shake

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:19 PM »
Fast Times was an awesome movie, with a shitload of stars when they were young, not the least of which were Jennifer Jason Leigh and Phoebe Cates.  Sean Penn was brilliant in that movie.  Tons of great lines and laughs.  

I don't like watching movies on TBS though, too much editing.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Characters in my favourite show, Six Feet Under, seem to smoke pot a lot. I don't really like it though, it seems to be advertising it in a 'this is totally okay and normal' light whereas TPB sort of pokes fun at pot heads, even if they all ARE potheads in real life, you don't feel like it's a good idea to go smoke a joint because Rick and Jules did.

Whoa, I'm tired...
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:35 PM »
Well my take on smoking pot is,  say your sitting around with a few friends and you have 3 or 4 beers(or Rum & Cokes) and your having a good time, what's the difference if your sittin around and you all smoke a joint and you also feel good and are having a good time.
Alcohol is just as bad or even worse than Pot for you.
Most people that I have known that smoked too much weed were just really mellow,  but the people that I have known that Drank too much were really violent.

Which would you rather be around?

bigbenjamin

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:38 PM »
ok, i'm in! - i'm making up for the omission - you watching on tbs GD? maybe we could watch and chat?
that might be fun :D . shake will remember the set up in my dungeon - little tv by the monitor, etc.
and BK - nobody sez smoking anything is good for yr lungs etc, but pot has been my friend for so many decades, through thick and thin, helps large muscle pain (back), calms nausea, gives me a ton of extra energy (puts my wife to sleep) - i used to smoke 60 or 70 cigarettes per day (stopped 25 years ago) - that was a bitch of a nasty habit! But compared to other vices, pot seems sweet. different strokes,eh?

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:44 PM »
BB I wish I could watch and post at the same time but I'm in the computer room(No TV) and the tv is in the living room(TV):(

If you watch it you will have to let me know what you think of it:)

Shitrockk

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #12 on: Sep 03, 2004, 12:39 AM »
Quote from: Ghostdog

Most people that I have known that smoked too much weed were just really mellow,  but the people that I have known that Drank too much were really violent.

That is absolutely true. The only serious effect pot seems to have (other than the smoke-related ones) is that it can make you stupid, and as I've always said, if "Friends" is legal in this country (U.S.A.) then I don't see why pot can't be.

I am completely with BK on TPB's portrayal of pot. It is hilariously accurate, I think, nonjudgmental, and doesn't come off as endorsement at all. It really appeals to anybody that's fairly openminded. In fact, the show doesn't really seem to endorse anything (or condemn anything, for that matter) except peace, love, and harmony... how idyllic.
"Well, a man is supposed to always be thinking about stuff about his family, and for to make himself to do things that are gonna gooder the family around, and gooder it up. And that is what is a man." -Ricky

Saucy Bastard

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2004, 01:35 AM »
"Heart of Darkness: a Filmmakers Apocalypse" (the makeing of Apocalypse Now)
Francis Ford Coppola and almost the entire cast and crew spent most of the filming wacked out of their minds on pot booze acid and anything else that they could get their hands on. If you liked Apocalypse Now ,this is a must see!
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2004, 08:27 AM »
Quote from: saucy bastard
"Heart of Darkness: a Filmmakers Apocalypse" (the makeing of Apocalypse Now)
Francis Ford Coppola and almost the entire cast and crew spent most of the filming wacked out of their minds on pot booze acid and anything else that they could get their hands on. If you liked Apocalypse Now ,this is a must see!

Yeah it was filmed by Coppola's Wife,  that is a really good movie :!:

The part were Martin Sheen actually dies on screen and they bring him back to life:)

smokey

• http://www.torontomapleleafs.com
Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #15 on: Sep 05, 2004, 06:29 PM »
I cant believe nobody has posted Cheech and Chong yet on this thread.
it's more than just a walkie.

Julian

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #16 on: Sep 07, 2004, 02:59 PM »
No Doubt, Smokey!
"Eh qualla la chinga!!! Is that a joint, man?"

...The scene from Up in Smoke where they're driving down the street, and smoke is literally pouring out of the windows. Classic!!

Actually, I love that whole scene, from the time Cheech picks Chong up, to when they go to jail. Best part of the movie, in my opinion.

"You mean we're smokin dog shit, man?"

C mafuckin B

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #17 on: Sep 07, 2004, 03:32 PM »
Or Half Baked man. What was it.... Wesley Pipes and Billy Bong Thorton? I think something like that.
How 'bout Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Bluntman and Chronic, yo.
I love that part when Jay takes a hit off the Bong Saber while fighting
Cock Knocker.
"When You From Tha Park, It's All For One MothaFucka, And One MothaFucka Fo All Ma Fuckas Everywhere, Nomesayin?"

bigbenjamin

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #18 on: Sep 08, 2004, 06:35 PM »
This was on CBC's Newsworld last night at 10pm - a friend saw it, but i missed it :cry: !Anybody wanna share a tape?
play: Goes To Pot
In the cheeky >play tradition, host Jian Ghomeshi examines the most frequently side-stepped topic of the current federal election: The widespread use of marijuana in Canada, the laws which prohibit it, and the ongoing confusion about decriminalization. Highlights of this engaging but eye-opening special include exclusive interviews with incarcerated comedian Tommy Chong of Cheech & Chong fame, pot advocate Michelle Phillips of The Mamas & The Papas and Canadian literary icon Pierre Berton, a confirmed pot smoker for more than four decades.
Pierre Berton is a long time stoner!!! Fuck a duck!
Gotta see this thing!

2StonedBirds

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #19 on: Sep 09, 2004, 04:04 PM »
Probably THE funniest movie I've ever seen is Refer Madness. Of course it's even funnier if you are high while you watch it. I can't believe they tried to shovel that shit on to people as propaganda, haha what a hoot.
-Don't let me piss myself!!- `Ricky`

Witch-Ho

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #20 on: Sep 09, 2004, 04:09 PM »
Quote from: 2StonedBirds
Probably THE funniest movie I've ever seen is Refer Madness. Of course it's even funnier if you are high while you watch it. I can't believe they tried to shovel that shit on to people as propaganda, haha what a hoot.
My copy has been sampled extensively for DJ mixes.  Get a clip of the girl giggling hysterically as her boyfriend beats someone to death before the ending and slow it down a little, and that shit sounds SO scary it's hair-raising.  But in context it's just funny... And the two men jumping into a car shouting "Let's go Jack I'm RED HOT" has been looped again and again in the techno mixes.  Wish I had an MP3 to share...

2StonedBirds

Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #21 on: Sep 09, 2004, 05:27 PM »
This is kind of off topic, but, you reminded me of when I was a kid. A friend and I used to sit in his basement with the lights all out and play Bat Outta Hell by Meatloaf on 16 speed (old record player). The song where they are talking about the wolf was absolutely terrifying. LOL, good times :D
-Don't let me piss myself!!- `Ricky`

letsgo2smokes

Re: Marijuana Movie Moments
« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2005, 01:33 AM »
The movie half baked...the part when "killer the dog dies" and they tell you that the dog was smoking crack and past out and died ...haha funny shit

Vancouver

« Reply #23 on: Dec 23, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Friday
NextFriday
FridayAfterNext

CLASSIC weed films....also one of my all-time favs.:DazedAndConfused
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

bigbenjamin

« Reply #24 on: Dec 23, 2005, 11:16 PM »
Anyone see that Jennifer Anniston flic from a coupla years ago, "The Good Girl"? Great film,and I remember the dope smoking that Jennifer's husband and his friend do . . they are house painters and they are having this long stoner conversation about the perfect paint and how it would make the house invisible, Iwas larfin my arse off!!!
And Jennifer discovers they have got wet paint from their work clothes all over her sofa!

:tokin: :jumping: :beeer:  cheers!