Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The Official Trailer Park Boys: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 44926 times)

Shit machine gun

Re: The Official Trailer Park Boys: The Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #175 on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:57 PM »
So a guy I went to school with was credited on the IMDB site for being a bike cop in the movie but I didn't see him so I emailed him to ask about it.  Here's a summary of what he said:
I was in the police station scene where Leahey and Randy are making a complaint. I am a bike-cop in a tight uniform. I am talking with another cop and they turn and start checking me out. I walk away in disgust and call them fags. Short but oh so sweet and I was amazing. The crew was crying, jaws dropped, there was talk of a Gemini a Juno even. (I kinda sang the word fag and danced away). Damn that Clattenburg for denying the public such excellence! He's a charlatan!
It was nothing. Blink and you would have missed the whole thing even if they kept it. Shit maybe I am in it and I just didn't catch it!

sounds like a scene that would have gotten a few more laughs.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #176 on: Jan 16, 2008, 11:52 AM »
I would think it would be kind of controversal. Calling to gay guys 'fags'...
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

cocoax

• transfiction films
« Reply #177 on: Jan 17, 2008, 08:23 AM »
I was in the police station scene where Leahey and Randy are making a complaint. I am a bike-cop in a tight uniform. I am talking with another cop and they turn and start checking me out. I walk away in disgust and call them fags. Short but oh so sweet and I was amazing. The crew was crying, jaws dropped, there was talk of a Gemini a Juno even. (I kinda sang the word fag and danced away). Damn that Clattenburg for denying the public such excellence! He's a charlatan!
It was nothing. Blink and you would have missed the whole thing even if they kept it. Shit maybe I am in it and I just didn't catch it!

sounds like a scene that would have gotten a few more laughs.
[/quote]

a cop calling people fags??
there was gemini talk over an attempt to be funny with no class?
crews crying?
jaws drop probably... for the nerve.

bad bad taste and no class

tpb is not and was never a set where derogatory slurs of anytime are funny
tell your friend that he's an asshole
from cory

and tell him to show some respect next time he's on a set
even if he's lying about it.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2008, 10:25 PM by cocoax »

jakemaster1390

« Reply #178 on: Jan 17, 2008, 08:56 AM »
Good. I like humor that has class. If it is crude with no expense of the feelings of other people then I say go for it. Once it gets to hurting other people then It houldn't be on tv. I should say That I sometimes do laugh at it once or twice but once it becomes repeated too often then I just become disgusted.
"Dope, Dope Dopity, fuckin' Dope, Dope"- Ricky

"Fuck this court, fuck Jim Layhey, fuck Randy, fuck those two idiot cops right there, fuck suit dummies, as a matter of fact fuck legal aid, fuck Danny and Terry's Buffalo Chicken wings, fuck all the old wood in here, fuck the moon, fuck corn on the cob, fuck squirrels, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything."-Ricky

"It wasn't me, It was the Liquor"-Layhey

shake

« Reply #179 on: Jan 17, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Yeah that is a good point Cory.  I remember one ex-member here got mad at me for deleting one of his racist comments.  He said that he couldn’t believe that there would be censorship on a Trailer Park Boys site, because the TPB always said whatever they felt.  I replied to him that the TPB have never once said anything even remotely racist to get a laugh.  It is about respect.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #180 on: Jan 17, 2008, 09:41 PM »
maybe that's why the scene got cut if it was true to begin with.

Again, it was from a source credited as being in the movie, but not actually in it.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

MountainMax

« Reply #181 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:12 AM »
this thread is grat, however as a newbie to this forum, who is JF and Bottlekid? can someone post some caps of them in the movie so I know who they are?

I love the movie, but never got to see it in theater, I watched it on satellite first, and second, and third, lol. Then watched the DVD movie, and every alternative viewing an special scene there at least 3 times, you see so much more every time you watch, Like all the stuff in bubbles she on the walls inside were props from other shows like the transport truck ricky glued to his hand and stuff like that, it's great.

I have hear that quite a few people follow this series in the states, did they ever get the movie released down there? i guess the dvd was though forsure........

And did anyone notice in the extras on the DVD they said lucy's tits are fake but the tittie double they used in the movie were 'REAL' ones?

does anyone think they will have a sequal movie instea of series from now on? I'm hoping for both.....

shake

« Reply #182 on: Jan 24, 2008, 11:31 AM »
Yeah I think there are caps of JR somewhere here in the forum, I'm not sure about BK

I have hear that quite a few people follow this series in the states, did they ever get the movie released down there? i guess the dvd was though forsure........

does anyone think they will have a sequal movie instea of series from now on? I'm hoping for both.....

Check the FAQ thread http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

and the News forum to answers to these questions, you will likely be pleased with the answers :)

golfinwithflames

« Reply #183 on: Jan 24, 2008, 01:23 PM »
tpb is not and was never a set where derogatory slurs of anytime are funny

Right on. As raw and real as the language and action gets, it seems TPB remains respectful to the diversity of people. That's a cool balance to strike.

There are a few little funnies that allude to sexual preference, such as Simon calling Randy "Fruity Nuts", etc., but never anything racist or truly anti-gay. People without their heads up their asses really appreciate that.