Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: British shows  (Read 23984 times)

cinthb

Re: British shows
« Reply #75 on: Apr 13, 2012, 10:09 PM »
 :lol: :lol: NO!!! I was drunk! :lol: :lol: :lol: 

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #76 on: Apr 13, 2012, 11:47 PM »
I've been watching British shows for many years now.  In addition to the old stand-byes like Monty Pythons Flying Circus, Fawlty Tower, and Doctor Who.  There's Father Ted, The Young Ones, Little Britain, Ideal, Dad's Army, Coupling, Black Books, and the Thin Blue Line just to name a few comedies off the top of my head. I also enjoy many of their crime drama type series.  Wire in the Blood comes to mind, a really good dark twisted psychological thriller type series.  Oh and one more that I just remembered was the original Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) known as My Partner the Ghost here in the U.S.A.  Loved it as a kid.. 

English Bastard

« Reply #77 on: Apr 26, 2012, 07:41 AM »
Monroe was very good and funny with a nice bit of posh totty in it too  :beermug:
Monroe is a British medical drama television series created and written by Peter Bowker and produced by Mammoth Screen for the ITV network. The series follows a neurosurgeon
Edit/
A Clip from "Monroe"
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012, 07:50 AM by English Bastard »
You probably all herd that I was fired as Supervale of theSunnyparks department it's not true I quit

DavidB_Bubbles

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2012, 09:50 PM by DavidB_Bubbles »

Jen

« Reply #79 on: Aug 06, 2012, 05:26 PM »
I've been watching episodes of Mrs. Brown's Boys. It's on BBC One or you can find it on you tube but only segments from the shows. If you need a good laugh, check it out!

xhippie

« Reply #80 on: Aug 11, 2012, 04:42 PM »
.. a bit off topic for the brit shows..monty python and the holy grail is still my favorite movie of all time..
http://youtu.be/5Xd_zkMEgkI

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #81 on: Nov 26, 2012, 08:35 PM »
I've recently become a fan of Downton Abbey. Very well done period drama/soap.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #82 on: Nov 27, 2012, 04:57 PM »
I'm a new fan of the Britcoms too.  While I prefer the American OFFICE to the UK version (I'm an "Amernican" myself, as Ricky would put it), of the strictly-Brit comedy, I like THAT MITCHELL AND WEBB LOOK, the two guys from PEEP SHOW in a sketch show format.  Some of it very brilliant, and it gives them a chance to step out of their PEEP SHOW characters, which they didn't do with their so-so feature comedy MAGICIANS.  HULU has series 1-6 of PEEP SHOW and 1-2 of LOOK, but I just found seasons (as we call them down here) 3-4 on Youtube, which I'm watching now.  Funny stuff.  I also liked BLACK BOOKS and some of the others mentioned on this thread.  Have to say, not as much SPACED, from the oft-brillian team of Pegg and Frost.  This sitcom has way too many movie nods, sometimes whole plot lines are film parodies, and this obsession worked against the artistic success of their feature film pAUL as well.  Their better films, SEAN OF THE DEAD and HOTFUZZ were great film parodies, but they only parodied one genre each, instead of grabbing quotes and scenes from whatever film had a good or memorable line.  For more on the tradition of the film parody, there's an excellent essay about it in my book, FIFTY SHADES OF TRAILER PARK BOYS: TPB in the Great Comedic Traditions, available now at amazon (in the UK and Europe too) and almost everywhere else!  Just sayin, it makes a great gift!

Noam Sayin

« Reply #83 on: Nov 27, 2012, 05:15 PM »
I'm a new fan of the Britcoms too. 

Have you seen The IT Crowd?
"Barb, yer scalloped potatoes are fucked!"

golfinwithflames

« Reply #84 on: Nov 28, 2012, 01:14 AM »

golfinwithflames

« Reply #85 on: Nov 28, 2012, 01:17 AM »
Here's one from the show "Snuff Box," one of the craziest Britcoms.
the bench song

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #86 on: Nov 28, 2012, 10:34 PM »
Naom Sayin:  haven't seen IT CROWD.  I usually catch these shows on Hulu, where they show here free.  It's an website filled with lots of good programming, some quite new.  Where would I find THE IT CROWD here, do you know?  What's the show about?

Noam Sayin

« Reply #87 on: Nov 29, 2012, 08:28 AM »
Naom Sayin:  haven't seen IT CROWD.  I usually catch these shows on Hulu, where they show here free.  It's an website filled with lots of good programming, some quite new.  Where would I find THE IT CROWD here, do you know?  What's the show about?

It's literally about the IT department of a large company in England. The boss knows nothing about IT and her two underlings are hilarious.

There's lots of clips on youtube, including this personal fave: The IT Crowd - Series 2 - Episode 3: Piracy warning
"Barb, yer scalloped potatoes are fucked!"

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #88 on: Nov 29, 2012, 01:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing THE IT CROWD, it does look pretty funny!

golfinwithflames

« Reply #89 on: Nov 30, 2012, 02:02 AM »
Here's every episode (pretty sure) of IT Crowd. It's a completely free streaming and DL site. Used it for years and never any issues. Register to watch. Otherwise, when you click to watch a video it says you need some codec bullshite (but you don't.)
Also search for other series and movies on the site. You may be surprised to find that elusive gem you've been pining over for years.

http://veehd.com/search?q=it+crowd

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #90 on: Dec 01, 2012, 05:04 PM »
dear golfinwithflames -- thanks for the tip on that site!

cinthb

« Reply #91 on: Dec 01, 2012, 08:17 PM »
good stuff golfin. 

golfinwithflames

« Reply #92 on: Dec 02, 2012, 01:03 AM »
It's a pleasure!

tODD

« Reply #93 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:10 PM »
That is a great site - thanks golfinwithflames.
The Park's #1 Peeler Dealer.

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #94 on: Dec 21, 2012, 06:11 PM »
Anyone here every seen the show Benidorm ? I noticed that Johnny Vegas from Ideal fame is in it.  When I was in the Navy and stationed in Spain, I took leave and drove to Benidorm a time or two.  A real rockin' city on the Spanish Riviera, so less expensive than the French Riviera back in the day..

English Bastard

« Reply #95 on: Dec 22, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Don't expect too much from that show David  :beermug:
You probably all herd that I was fired as Supervale of theSunnyparks department it's not true I quit

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #96 on: Dec 30, 2012, 02:39 AM »
I haven't started watching Benidorm yet EB.  But if I do catch it I will make sure that my hopes are not that high. But I did get all caught up on Ideal.  Discovered another show called PhoneShop which I really enjoyed.  Two series of the show so far.  I started to watch that show because Emma Fryer is in it.  She was Tania in Ideal.. Or as Psycho Paul would say.. Taniaaaa, Taniaaaa.. LOL ! I just finished watching the first 5 episodes of series one of The IT Crowd.. Hilarious.. I have noticed a lot more shows on the site Golf provided so I will probably be watching that for awhile.  I  also noticed that The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour is on there as well. So I watched that one again.  Episode 3 got stuck and wouldn't play so had to watch that one on YouTube..

walterx2

« Reply #97 on: Dec 30, 2012, 01:53 PM »
Love PhoneShop myself David. Check the site for a show called Shelfstackers. Similar to Phoneshop except its in a supermarket. Speaking of supermarkets check out Trollied another show set in a market.
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

hashdriveway

« Reply #98 on: Jan 08, 2013, 12:37 AM »
Wow, this thread has been educational. gotta do some homework now. :attention:

DavidB_Bubbles

« Reply #99 on: Jan 08, 2013, 01:02 AM »
Found another show called The Old Guys.. Great show.  Now I'm watching The Inbetweeners totally hilarious so far.. Gotta search for Shelfstackers..