Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Mike Clattenburg playing drums  (Read 4082 times)

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Mike Clattenburg playing drums
« on: Feb 06, 2006, 09:35 PM »
Found this article from Chart magazine , it is talking about Mike O'Neill, who played in one of my fave Canadian bands The Inbreds.

Next, there's Mike O'Neill, who seemingly dropped off the face of the planet a couple of years ago. While he's popped up every once in a while (in Sarah Harmer's backing band, at last year's Inbreds reunion and behind the scenes recording sound with the Trailer Park Boys), we haven't really heard much from him in years.

However, that's all about to change. His new band, The Self Conscious, are in the midst of preparing for their live debut for March, when they'll perform alongside The Super Friendz. TSC sees O'Neill return to the two-man band format, with himself on guitar and vocals and Trailer Park Boys director/producer/writer Mike Clattenburg (formerly of Spawning Grunions) on drums.

"The Inbreds taught me that it was possible to play with only two," says O'Neill. "There's no-one I'd rather play with than Mike at the moment.

"Plus his name is also Mike. That was a big factor. Writing for duos keeps things simple in the very best way. I've missed that."

As for why he's been out of the limelight, O'Neill admits that his musical career as of late has been "slow to non-existent." However, he says that he's enjoying life in a band again, so who knows what the future will bring.

"I'm too hard on myself," says O'Neil. "I stopped playing live because I thought the shows were a disappointment.

"Your career is over if you refuse to play live shows. I'm getting over it. I'd love to tour. Mike makes me laugh a lot. We'll have to see what happens."

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2006/01/2702.cfm
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2006, 09:37 PM by Ghostdog »
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

shake

Re: Mike Clattenburg playing drums
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2006, 09:40 PM »
Wow, good find GD.

JulianRocks

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2006, 06:09 AM »
Very cool! Looks like Mike C's gonna be a busy guy.  :rockband:

KarateCollie

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Hey thanks GhostDog! Cool article, that Mike Clattenburg is a talented fella isn't he?
KarateCollie

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2006, 06:03 PM »
Kind of makes you think about the "band stories" that were told around the set. I know, when I get together with a road musician, we trade road stories. We would see who had the worst  hotel room/gig/bus story/most fucked up gig/sluttiest moments etc.
I would like to sit down with Mike Smith and exchange stories. I bet we have a few in common.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

bigbenjamin

« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2006, 06:07 PM »
Kind of makes you think about the "band stories" that were told around the set. I know, when I get together with a road musician, we trade road stories. We would see who had the worst  hotel room/gig/bus story/most fucked up gig/sluttiest moments etc.
I would like to sit down with Mike Smith and exchange stories. I bet we have a few in common.
Fishy

Yesh, Fishy - that is one of the many cool things about the soon to be released "Neil Young:Heart Of Gold" - the stuff they talk about and remember about the band - and who was zoomin who! Coming to a theatre near you in a day or two.(gotta new post on this in "Movies")

:D Cheers!