1) Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mother
2) Constantines - Tournament of Hearts
3) Broken Social Scene - Self-Titled (last track is one of the best songs ever)
4) Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Like Bad News
Yeah, Modest Mouse is definitely American, but they're still awsome. Wolf Parade are pretty good, but super over rated. I got their EP while I was in New York, before their fulllength came out, and thought it was just ok. I didn't bother getting "appologies" - also because I emailed them and they didn't respond, the jerks. ahaha
Broken Social Scene are great. still need to get an album by them.
I really like these bands:
Built to Spill
Enrico, I also like listening to Arcade Fire and Broken Social Scene.
Built to Spill is good. New Pornographers fucking rock. Their album "Twin Cinema" is awsome. AC Newman is such a wicked composer.
Everyone kind of knows about Death Cab For Cutie now... they're mainstream and their recent album is pretty hit and miss, unlike Transatlanticism, which is basically as perfect a cd as you can think of.
Plans is weak shit.
Bands I've really been enjoying lately though...
1. Clem Snide
2. Belle And Sebastian (Look for their new album coming out this month I believe. "The Life Pursuit" It's SO good.)
3. Sarah Harmer (Canadian I think? Anyway, she's been making her way up my list lately.)
5. The Decemberists ( Amazing band.)