Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: What Tattoos Do You Have?  (Read 21637 times)

bigbenjamin

What Tattoos Do You Have?
« on: Aug 29, 2004, 08:11 PM »
I have a small green frog on my right shoulder. I've had it for about 30 years. I got it after looking at an old book of tattoos and getting drunk with a friend. He got a mouse with horns. My tattoo is pretty murky with age - more like a green-grey blob, than a frog.    So what have you got, and where is it located :twisted: ? (post a pic?)

The Scientist

« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2004, 08:17 PM »
Upper right arm - crazy tribal design

Lower back - Dutch word that means "Believe"

I am at work and don't have a digital camera here, but maybe I'll post some pics later.

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2004, 09:36 PM »
I have on my left shoulder chinese letters that represent mine and my wifes names,  on the back of my right leg I have the "Keith Haring" painting "Radiant Baby",  on my chest I have and eagle(my first at the ripe old age of 15), on my left arm I have a cat(The Cat drawing from the 'Stray Cats", it's a 50's style.

That's about it for right now:)
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

bigbenjamin

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2004, 09:46 PM »
that tattoo of Keith Haring's painting "Radiant Baby",
wow that's pretty "inside" dawg! he was there with Andy Warhol and the gang, eh? can you give us a pic of yr tattoo or of Haring's painting?

Pipes

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2004, 10:19 PM »
Believe it or not, I have a large crucifix on my upper right arm with the words "Trust in" overtop the cross and "the Lord" underneath. I've had it for about two-and-a-half years now. I guess you could call me the "Ray" of the forum, minus the Calvinism heh

My personal take on tattoos is that one should only get something that has personal meaning for them. I don't think I'd ever get something purely for design. Of course, that's just how I feel about it. To anybody else who gets something purely for design, more power to 'em. Do what feels right for you. Lates.

"Having a gunfight in the middle of my office I'm sure is a breach of my probation."-Sam Losco, to Jules, Rick, and Bubs.
"I just don't know how to express myself sometimes when I need to be properly different."-Ricky

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #5 on: Aug 29, 2004, 10:36 PM »
I have a large (13 hours) dragon type beast with blue green fire inside of its hollow shell.Its face is coming off of my chest and it's body is erupting out of my left shoulder/Japanese style wave.It was designed and inked by a friend of the familly who is up and coming in the Vancouver tat scene.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

bigbenjamin

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2004, 11:55 PM »
Anybody's dad have a tattoo? My father was a forensic accountant, but he got a cool tattoo as a navy man in WWII - a near life-sized dagger on his right forearm, with a little scroll of ribbon around it saying -"Death Before Dishonor" - god i loved that thing as a kid. one Saturday we sat arm to arm and i copied it with a ball point pen onto my arm - i hated to see that sucker fade.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2004, 12:44 AM »
My friend was working on fathers day and two guys walked in.They were father and son, the dad had an old tat of a dagger and snake from his army days .My friend touched it up and tattooed  the son with an identical piece  in the same place . A fathers day gift .

I know that it had nothing to do with me but I loved the story!

bigbenjamin

« Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2004, 01:35 AM »
that's a fuckin cool story S.B. - my father has been dead for a few years, but i can still see that tattoo - he was proud of it. in those days it meant you'd seen action during the war - the last just war.
more tattoo stories - what's on yr skin?

Witch-Ho

« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2004, 07:30 AM »
As an artist, I always think, why tattoo when I can be an ever shifting swirl of body paintings?  I have a glow in the dark temporary spiderweb jeweled tattoo saved out for the next local rave though... oh and a flashing bellybutton LED light, can't forget those  :wink:

hunnerbun

« Reply #10 on: Aug 30, 2004, 08:24 AM »
Great topic BB.
I have 3...one on my right shoulder, in front...chinese symbol for love...(at least that what its supposed to say...who really knows eh!  :lol:  )
A wrist band: black tribal design with a heart in the center near the back of my left hand.
Lower back :stylized sun design in clouds.  Taken from Blue Rodeo's Palace of Gold cd...i cut and pasted the sun from the front into the clouds on the back...worked on that sucker for about 6 hours to get it the way I wanted it.

I don't know how to post pics on here...I would if I could...  I tried but it didn't work...

http://community.webshots.com/album/181582558KmbPab?342
Ok lets see if this works.

Yeah it did...cool! 8)
OK, now I know how to link, I just have to figure out how to post actual photos!
My God...what a drunk horror show!

Witch-Ho

« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2004, 08:59 AM »
For the IMG tags to work you need to have the pic hosted elsewhere on the web and use the URL, otherwise try uploading it  with the add attachment form below where you type your message, click browse and viola.  hope that helps.

puddles

« Reply #12 on: Aug 30, 2004, 11:10 AM »
I have a red maple leaf on my left (outer) ankle and a green n' black celtic knot on my lower back.
"Crisis doesn't create character, it reveals it" Denis Leary

bigbenjamin

« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2004, 11:21 AM »
Nice pics Hunnerbun! Lower back is a real work of art. Puddles, any chance you might post yr tattoo pics - the knot sounds interesting :twisted: ! I could make a pic of my little frog - but it is so small and lame.

SixPaperJoints

« Reply #14 on: Aug 30, 2004, 05:41 PM »
I have a tattoo on the back of my right shoulder, of the sun from the Sublime cd, 40 oz. to freedom. I'm also thinking of getting some sort of Cheech and Chong tat, maybe like the cover of Up in smoke.
"Great fuckin' speech, Sam. Woooo!" -Bubbles

bigbenjamin

« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2004, 05:45 PM »
Could you post a pic of yr ttoo? or of the Sublime cd, 40 oz. pic? how you been?

the beav

« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2005, 04:04 AM »
This is an old post that I came across that I thought I'd bump...this is some ink I got done about a year ago....I'm proud of this one.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=250861417
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

the beav

« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2005, 04:10 AM »
http://community.webshots.com/album/250861417WMGakp

or try this ......fuck it, if it doesn't work. :x
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2005, 12:58 PM »
Nice ink Beav!
One of these days I'll get someone with a digital camera to take a pic of mine.

bigbenjamin

« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Nice skinwork Beave !, too bad about the flash glare. (Hope yr still comin' to the do on the 25th. Now I wish I had got more tickets, my two spare tickets were gone -POOF! - but I'm pretty sure you can still get tickets . . ) Yeah, so lovely tattoos. I got a tiny frog on my shoulder - more than 30 years ago - but I still remember the sting :!:  Post yr pics Saucy, don't be shy :twisted: ! Anybody else got tattoos to share?

roadtriprob

Re: What Tattoos Do You Have?
« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2005, 09:59 PM »
Old post new tats
Road trip. The ultimate survival game. Where men can be boys!

roadtriprob

« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2005, 10:06 PM »
Here are a couple of mine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

roadtriprob

« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2005, 10:07 PM »
Here are a couple of mine.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #23 on: Nov 29, 2005, 03:26 AM »
Upper right arm - crazy tribal design

Lower back - Dutch word that means "Believe"

I am at work and don't have a digital camera here, but maybe I'll post some pics later.

then i hope you got "Geloof" on your back
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2005, 03:33 AM by Djet3k »
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

Ole Dirty

« Reply #24 on: Nov 29, 2005, 04:51 AM »
I have a tattoo of a Haida eagle on my back, a celtic knot on my upper right leg,  a cheesy little tattoo of my initials that I did on my ankle when I was 16, and drunk....and a tattoo of a coyfish on my arm, which I am eventually gonna turn into a sleeve tattoo...My next tattoo is a celtic cross on my left arm. When people ask why in the fuck do I have a tattoo of a fish on my arm, I tell them it's the brand of the Newfoundland Mafia, and you better not fuck with anyone who has this brand...or you'll "be swimin wit da fishes"

"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."