Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: TheCanucksThread  (Read 62597 times)

Vancouver

Re: TheCanucksThread
« Reply #75 on: Mar 28, 2006, 03:34 PM »
That was a good game. Borrows didn't exactly get that hat trick (buddy scored on his own goalie, stupid ass) but they didn't wanna riot, cause there were already hundreds of hats on the ice. Vancouverites are notorious for serious upsets like that lol.(I was at the StanleyCup riot, I know!) Plus God knows we don't give up our hats that easy  ;)
Im not sure we'll get in either, but WHATA SEASON!
If we don't get in, Ill go for Calgary.

Question to my fellow fans: who's your fav. Canuck?
Mine is Ruutu.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Vancouver

« Reply #76 on: Mar 28, 2006, 03:43 PM »
I don't think were going to get in the playoffs and if we do we'll go to the finals and lose to like nashville lol
WE as in you're from Van?? Man, you outta shout that shit OUT!!!! give us introduction, why don'tcha?

maddog

« Reply #77 on: Mar 28, 2006, 04:54 PM »
i would have to say carter

maddog

« Reply #78 on: Mar 28, 2006, 04:55 PM »
well i'm not realy from vancover i use to live in port moody but i moved up north whare it never rains lol

trailerchick

« Reply #79 on: Mar 28, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Good game....quite wide open. And Bertuzzi.....keep playing like that and he just may get back into my good graces....{sending me some flowers and cheap liquor might help also!}
Wow,he was a force out there last night. Imagine had he done that all season? Nothing like desperation Hockey to make you wake the F- up.

The games that will have the most impact for Vancouver will be two games in a home and home series against San Jose on the 12th and 13th of April.  They have a day off and then they finish their season against Colorado.  Those last three games are going to make or break their entire season...

Agree entirely with this assesment. I've got 2 tickets,  for the Col game. Hoping it's a good one.

My favorite Canuck this season has to be 'Sedin'. They, with the "otha brotha" have elevated their game so much this year. If it wasn't for those guys,we'd be along way from battling for a playoff spot.They carried us.

Nazzy reached 700 pts last night
Anson hit his career high in goals
Burrows got his first **cough** hatrick

Best part of the game though had to be the comment from whoever nailed Cooke.Anyone else catch this.
Cookes prone on the ice,blood dripping, and in the background you hear ,and I quote:

"How do ya like that Cookey? How's your fuckin head now?"

Very funny.

maddog

« Reply #80 on: Mar 29, 2006, 01:17 PM »
i wonder if we can win tonight were playing the wild so i'll have to say 70/30 in favor of the wild but stranger things have happened

trailerchick

« Reply #81 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:04 PM »
I look for the Wild to come out strong tonight.... they would love nothing more than to play spoiler.

We have to get up early and dictate the game or else they'll do their usual bullshit and get an oportunistic goal and then play dump in for 45 mins.

Go Nucks go!

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #82 on: Mar 30, 2006, 11:39 AM »
Bryan Allen is my favourite Canuck - only because I played defense along side of him when we played hockey with the Ernestown Jets outside Kingston.

Go Sens Go!
Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

maddog

« Reply #83 on: Mar 30, 2006, 12:26 PM »
Wow i can't belive that we won

trailerchick

« Reply #84 on: Mar 30, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Go Anson!! Fabulous finish to an otherwise typical {read : boring] match up with the Wild.

We're looking good recently.....I'm still gun shy about them but I'm really starting to have some hope.

Carney's turned out to be a solid addition. Good leadership qualities. Word on MOJO is that he's literally transformed the dressing room. Whatever's he's doing...keep it up!

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #85 on: Apr 04, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Sorry to break it to the Canucks fans, the San Jose Sharks will be feasting on the 8th and final playoff spot.  I love the Canucks like the next person but with the Sharks have some games in hand and playing really good hockey because of the Joe Thornton gift that my Bruins gave them, they will be gettin' the last spot.

:(

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

Julians_Wife

« Reply #86 on: Apr 04, 2006, 08:42 PM »
Sorry to break it to the Canucks fans, the San Jose Sharks will be feasting on the 8th and final playoff spot.  I love the Canucks like the next person but with the Sharks have some games in hand and playing really good hockey because of the Joe Thornton gift that my Bruins gave them, they will be gettin' the last spot.

Oh I can not stand Joe Thornton, maybe personality wise he's changed since he played for the Greyhounds, but when he was there he was such an arrogant little bugger, he IS a great hockey player don't get me wrong but please don't act like your shit don't stink. Me and a couple of friends were at UBetcha and he was in there and was hitting on this one girl, going on about, "you should come home with me, don't you know who I am?" something along those lines anyway, it was such a turn off. Sorry I have a problem with people like that in general, I don't care who you are, what you do, what you look like or how much money you make, if you're a good person, that's what counts in my books.

End of my little rant LOL and hopefully we will kick those Sharks back to their own side of the ocean hehehe;o)

shake

« Reply #87 on: Apr 04, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Me and a couple of friends were at UBetcha and he was in there and was hitting on this one girl, going on about, "you should come home with me, don't you know who I am?" something along those lines anyway, it was such a turn off.

Yeah that line never worked for me either :P

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #88 on: Apr 04, 2006, 09:39 PM »

Oh I can not stand Joe Thornton, maybe personality wise he's changed since he played for the Greyhounds, but when he was there he was such an arrogant little bugger, he IS a great hockey player don't get me wrong but please don't act like your shit don't stink. Me and a couple of friends were at UBetcha and he was in there and was hitting on this one girl, going on about, "you should come home with me, don't you know who I am?" something along those lines anyway, it was such a turn off. Sorry I have a problem with people like that in general, I don't care who you are, what you do, what you look like or how much money you make, if you're a good person, that's what counts in my books.

End of my little rant LOL and hopefully we will kick those Sharks back to their own side of the ocean hehehe;o)

Interesting perspective on my favourite hockey player, Joe Thornton.  I certainly can not say that he is a good person, the only comment I can make is that he is a dominant hockey player.  Athletic ability, fame and money can have very interesting effects on people.  I would agree that those remarks that he made to your friend can not be a very flattering characteristic for his personality.     

Julians_Wife

« Reply #89 on: Apr 04, 2006, 09:52 PM »
Me and a couple of friends were at UBetcha and he was in there and was hitting on this one girl, going on about, "you should come home with me, don't you know who I am?" something along those lines anyway, it was such a turn off.

Yeah that line never worked for me either :P

LMAO Shake you're too funny!

Julians_Wife

« Reply #90 on: Apr 04, 2006, 09:58 PM »
Interesting perspective on my favourite hockey player, Joe Thornton.  I certainly can not say that he is a good person, the only comment I can make is that he is a dominant hockey player.  Athletic ability, fame and money can have very interesting effects on people.  I would agree that those remarks that he made to your friend can not be a very flattering characteristic for his personality.     

Like I said he IS a good hockey player, (and wasn't my friend he said that too, they were a couple of tables over from where my friends and I were sitting, but you could hear it plain as day and the girl he was saying it to, was not impressed, I think she called him a couple of names before she walked away.) And as I keep saying for some, money is the root of all evil, but I wouldn't think he would have that much money back then, not sure how much players get paid at that level. Mind you must be not too shabby, since alot of great players have played for the hounds before they went to the NHL.

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #91 on: Apr 04, 2006, 10:02 PM »
My all time favourite player, a guy by the Name of Gretzky, played for the Sault... you are absolutely correct about money being the root of all evil...

trailerchick

« Reply #92 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Most Hockey players I've met have been pretty arrogant....with a few exceptions.Especially the younger guys.
Back in Pavel Bure era a few of the younger Canucks used to hang out in a club we frequented downtown. They were total sluts.... in an arrogant "I'm such a catch" way. A couple of my co-workers slept with some of them and they treated them like shit after.Of course...buyer beware and all, I mean I'm not sure what the girls expected afterwards but the players behavior was certainly callous.

Julians_Wife

« Reply #93 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Yeah I hear ya on that one, I have met a few nice one's but at weddings so think there's a possibility that their good behavior was just for show, I could be wrong, but ya never know,

trailerchick

« Reply #94 on: Apr 07, 2006, 11:06 PM »
The Oil got 2 very valuable points tonight.
SJ's been gettin the job done......[big win last night!}

shit.

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #95 on: Apr 08, 2006, 09:56 AM »
This gonna hurt.....GO FLAMES GO!!!!    #-o
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Vancouver

« Reply #96 on: Apr 08, 2006, 11:37 AM »
pppffffwaahhhh!!!
I thought you were done on Friday Cap?

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #97 on: Apr 08, 2006, 12:10 PM »
pppffffwaahhhh!!!
I thought you were done on Friday Cap?

Yes the logo is gone, but I need a playoff cushion. So cheering for the flames tonight is a painfull necessity.
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Vancouver

« Reply #98 on: Apr 08, 2006, 10:58 PM »
OOOOOO so we're your cusion for tonite, eh. I C. BOOOO Calgary!! Edmontons gonna fall a spot tonite!

Canuckguy

« Reply #99 on: Apr 09, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Great game last nite!  GO NUCKS! :beermug: :bubs: