Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: TheCanucksThread  (Read 62520 times)

Vancouver

Re: TheCanucksThread
« Reply #25 on: Jan 27, 2006, 08:09 PM »
Me' :( :(neither
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

trailerchick

« Reply #26 on: Jan 28, 2006, 01:57 AM »
I'm starting to smell the shitwinds of change coming.......Thinking it's time for a trade.

I predict we're going to see some movement soon. Or mabye I just hope so,and it's wishful thinking. :D

I just don't know at this point what else can be done. We may have hit some sort of mental wall and need a shakeup.

I hate to say this,but I think Bert's time in Vancouver needs to come to an end. When he's on his game,he's a force to be reckoned with and I'd have him on my team anyday,but the sad reality seems to be that Bert's lost his mojo. :(  Mabye the best thing for him and us is a fresh start somewhere else.I'd hate to see him go,but I'd rather see the guy regain his former self elsewhere, than launguish in Vancouver. He's still good trade bait and we could do pretty decent.

We need a goalie.At the very least Auld needs some solid back-up. I think he's making a case for himself as the #1,but I worry about his lack of playoff experience. Although,I guess he's never going to get that experience if we don't let him...so we're probably going to have to throw him into the playoffs and hope for the best.Let's just make sure we've got a solid back-up behind him....mabye a guy with playoff experience to help guide him along.

Jovo.....is proving to be an injury liability.A rather expensive one in a new capped out NHL. Of course  this latest re-injury does nothing to increase his trade value......we need to get him healthy for long enough to be able to get something good for him.

Morrison.....not happy with him this year.

Naslund....something is up with the Captain...he doesn't seem himself and I'm begginning to question wether he has the heart right now to lead this team.

The Sedin line----finally a bright spot. Who knew Anson Carter was the missing peice of the puzzle? LOL!
They've really taken the next step and many nights[most actually} they outplay the big line.

The "D' I'm sorry we lost Malik....

Anyhow...just rambling late night thoughts.......

Vancouver

« Reply #27 on: Jan 28, 2006, 11:30 AM »
no, you're dead on. I agree w/ your entire post EXCEPT that Berts time in Van. is dwindling. Theres a good reason his mojo is swaying. Everybody picks on him. Boos him. And he just went through some mmmmajor shit. I can't see where else he would make it.Theres something up w/ the Bert/Nazzy/Morrison line. Like they're fueding, or something. Somethings up there, and the Sedin/Carter line is gaining on them. Yeah, thats out bright spot right now. And the rookies. Borrows is shaping up nicely.
Auldy. Well, like Ive said many times, we needa goalie.And he def. needs some back-up. A more experienced one. I heard if we make the playoffs, we'll be recruiting another goalie, one w/ playoff experience. But how will we get there? They need to recruit NOW. its getting more frustrating by the day, but I, for one,have never and will never fall off the ol' pevervival bandwagon!

trailerchick

« Reply #28 on: Jan 28, 2006, 12:11 PM »
You make a good point about Bertuzzi.....but I think he's either going to have to just get past all the booing and stuff or he's not going to fare well. And you're right....who'se to say he can find his 'mojo' anywhere else.....but I was sort of thinking about Heatley when I was rambling on about trading Bert. The move to Ott seems to have helped him get past all the shit he went through.....I was thinkin mabye Bert just needs a change of scene....it's a tough call with him. Mabye the Olympics will spur him along.

You're spot on about that top line....something is not right there. I have been noticing that very often when you see them on the bench there doesn't seem to be that comraderie they once used to share. Naslund looks positively miserable some nights. Mabye it's a coaching issue? I don't know...I can't put my finger on it...but something is definately missing.

Oh well......let's see what happens tonight. Let's hope we can contain Hejduk,who seems to have our number everytime they play us.

Cheers!

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 28, 2006, 01:23 PM »
I'm not sure if I've said this before but

BOOOOOOOOOOO......

:moon:
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #30 on: Jan 28, 2006, 02:02 PM »
I'll call bob gainey and get you Theodore and riberio for bertuzzi and a pick
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Vancouver

« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2006, 12:59 PM »
So last night I discoved that Auldy DOES have it in him to be a playoff goalie. Solid backup would be the icing on the cake. Fackin colorado. I hate playing there.

trailerchick

« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2006, 05:06 PM »
Gotta love the fan who threw a bottle on the ice at Bert. :x What an idiotic thing to do.

trailerchick

« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2006, 07:51 PM »
and the news just gets better. :roll:  So much for any chance of trading him  :x

Ed Jovanovski will undergo a lower abdominal surgical procedure on Wednesday in Philadelphia and will be lost to the NHL team for at least six weeks, and possibly longer, which means he is not going to play for Team Canada at the Olympics.
"It's six weeks for sure, maybe longer depending upon what they find," Vancouver Canucks' GM David Nonis said. "The MRIs we have had have not shown any damage but the doctor believes there is something there and wants to go in and do the procedure. We won't know for sure how long he's going to be out until after they do (the procedure)."
It is not out of the question that Jovanovski's season could be over entirely, although that won't be known for sure until the doctor does his work on Wednesday.
Either way, though, Jovanovski is out for the Olympics.
If Toronto Maple Leaf Bryan McCabe, who himself is recovering from a partial groin tear, proves to be healthy enough in the next week or two, Hockey Canada has committed to using him as the first replacement on the blueline. McCabe was the only defenceman named to the three-man taxi squad. McCabe is going to try to play tomorrow night for the first time in weeks.

Vancouver

« Reply #34 on: Jan 30, 2006, 08:06 PM »
GAWD! I saw that coming.

shake

« Reply #35 on: Jan 30, 2006, 08:42 PM »
GAWD! I saw that coming.

Of course I drafed him in one of my pools :evil:

Vancouver

« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2006, 06:46 PM »
Too bad, buddy.

6pm. start tonite.

Vancouver

« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2006, 10:48 PM »
yay!
Wayne Gretzky's the BEST! Love watching him coach.
We need to work on staying out of the penalty box. Gotta love that "second" line! Calgary on Friday, that'll be a good one.

Canuckguy

« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2006, 09:30 AM »
That was a great game hope they keep it up!  Glad it aired here finally.

Vancouver

« Reply #39 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:04 PM »
My boss got me 2 tickets for Fridays game against Aneheim, Im very excited! Im most excited about standing w/ a sold out GM crowd for the singing of O Canada...its sucha rush:)

trailerchick

« Reply #40 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:08 PM »
My boss got me 2 tickets for Fridays game against Aneheim,

so what time are you picking me up? ;)  :lol:

Vancouver

« Reply #41 on: Feb 07, 2006, 08:16 PM »
TC! I got tickets for Mar. 11th too against Dallas:)

trailerchick

« Reply #42 on: Feb 07, 2006, 10:12 PM »
You are so lucky! I am working one of my beer reps hard for tickets to that game too!! Mabye he'll come through for me and I'll see ya there! Wouldn't that be a hoot! I'll let ya know if it pans out!

cheers,girl!

What did ya think of the game last night?

almost blew that one in the 2nd eh?

Nice game by the sedins and Anson.

Gotta love the "Brotha line"  :D

Vancouver

« Reply #43 on: Feb 11, 2006, 02:45 PM »
I was right to be excited about the singing of our nation anthem at the game last night...it was SOOO FACKIN AWESOME! lol, they said to stand for the singing of ours and the american anthem, but nobody knew the words to the american one, except when they got to "...o say that something something STAR SPANGLED BAAAANNER Oh the laaaand of the freeeee and the home of the brave" so everyone piped in to that part, it was comical...(do you americans know our anthem I wonder?) MAN the building went nuts for O Canada though, I had goosebumps..it was my highlight:)
Our seats were right behind the goal...they pulled Auldy and put in Oulette, he kicked ass I tell ya, I was surprised...anywho, I had fun. But missed the comentating.

Canuckguy

« Reply #44 on: Feb 11, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Right on sounds like you had a blast vanny :irishtoast:

trailerchick

« Reply #45 on: Feb 11, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Ya...sounds like ya had a good time girl! Nothing beats a live Hockey game eh?. Although a small fortune is required to beer and food yourself up. :D

Too bad the Nucks played like shit.Glad the crowd got on them a few times. Was that you I heard yelling at them?  ;) :D

Canuckguy

« Reply #46 on: Feb 11, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Whats the price of a good ticket for a canucks game?  And is beer 5 bucks there like it is here?

trailerchick

« Reply #47 on: Feb 11, 2006, 08:57 PM »
I haven't been to a Nucks game in years.....so I'm not sure.....

But when we went to the Juniors and recently a Giants game at the Coliseum...it wasn't cheap.Not sure what beer was{don't drink} but the burgers were $8 bucks a peice[ Ok, we did we splurge on cheese] and a pop was $5.
That is just crazy.
I'm assuming it's the same at GM place.Van can tell us.

Vancouver

« Reply #48 on: Feb 12, 2006, 01:19 PM »
actually you can't buy Canucks tickets anywhere. Just single seats. (except from people who're selling them in the paper, or online, or you could try to win some off the radio hehhheh)   Completely sold out for the season months ago...so the scalpers make good money.
Beer was $7.25/cup. And I gotta $5 hot dog.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #49 on: Feb 12, 2006, 01:44 PM »
The tickets I had for the Habs last night were $146 each, but it was in the exclusive level where everything but alcohol was free.

I put away 3 hot dogs, nachos, a slice of pizza, bag of popcorn and an ice cream cone, with 2 cokes, before the third period.  couldn't move after the second intermission.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"