Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: TheCanucksThread  (Read 62699 times)

trailerchick

Re: TheCanucksThread
« Reply #150 on: Oct 07, 2006, 11:36 AM »
So we're 2 games in.Some observations.

Luongo- Now I fully understand what it means to have an elite goaltender. After he absolutely robbed Zetts in the 1st period on opening night,that queasy feeling I used to get when the opposing team was pressing,vanished. When we gave up 9 powerplays...and he kept us in it...I nearly wet my pants. This guy is the real deal. Last night we got down 2-0 to Columbus.In the old Cloutier days...the floodgates would have opened.Not Luongo. He stayed steady and gave us a chance.We came back and scored 3 on them to win the game. I don't know how far we're getting this year and it's only been 2 games but is it ever nice to know we have a goalie who will keep us in it everygame.

Coaching:Alain Vignault is the new man in town and I like what I see. This is not Crow's run and gun West coast style. Patience and hard work are the name of the game now.

Offense- I love the new "Ikea Line" with the Sedins and Naslund. Daniel is going to have a career high in goals,with Henrik feeding him everystep of the way. Nas,finally looks like he's having fun again and I predict he should bounce back nicely.
Morrison looks like the weight of the world is off his shoulders. After years spent as Crow's whipping boy it's nice to see some confidence back in him. Eveyone else looks pretty good.
It's a different style of hockey from what we're used to seeing here.More emphasis on defensive responsibility and puck support.

Defense: Not bad. In fact better than it looked on paper. Salo seems to be blossoming now that Jovo is gone. Mitchell is solid. The kids are holding their own as well.

In short: Things do not look as bleak as I thought. Loungo gives us that edge we need and will help greatly with our confidence. The Ikea line looks set to produce and our D is coming along nicely.

I'm not planning the parade route yet,but I actually have some hope.

side note: Bert had a solid opening night in Florida with 1 goal and 3 assists.He looked like the old Bert and I predict he'll have a bounce back year.
Cloutier.Played solid for LA....but let in a softy that made me so glad he's gone from Vancouver.
Carter: Fuck him. Actually he looked alright last night but it was sweet to go in and beat them and hold him off the score sheet.
Auld. He won't make them forget about Luongo,but he should be solid for them. He stopped 34 last night and as long as they give him some defensive support and can score some goals ,I think they'll be happy with him.
Jovo: Looked really good. But then again he is a good D-man,no doubt about that.Too bad he'll pull a Vagina muscle around game 45 and be done for the season.

« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2006, 11:39 AM by trailerchick »

Vancouver

« Reply #151 on: Oct 07, 2006, 03:31 PM »
good observations lady!
I agree. LOVEing Luango too, defaintly an elite goaltender. He just may be the guy to take us all the way. I also see Salo and Morrison flourishing since Jovo and Bert. left. And yeah, I see Berts doin OK down there in Florida. Its weird not seeing Crow behind the bench, but Vignault looks good there. I see a light...
Im feeling better now than I was pre-season about out Canucks.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #152 on: Oct 07, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Boo 'nucks
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Vancouver

« Reply #153 on: Oct 21, 2006, 12:39 PM »
Buzzer beaters=EXCITEMENT!
I watched the game at the pub with my people last night. Everyone was all boo-hoo Canucks are gonna loooose! To stupid St.Louis. Like always..but BAM! My boy, Mr.Salo to the rescue. WHOOOO!! w/ .8 seconds left, in sudden death overtime, SamiSalo pulls thru with patience and perseverance. Ya gotta love 'im. I love just him. The pub went nutty. It was beautiful.
Take THAT St.Louis!  :6paper:

Where the hell have you gone TC??????
who will I discuss my happiness with???

trailerchick

« Reply #154 on: Oct 21, 2006, 03:05 PM »
It was great eh? Way to go Salo. Loved watching the Sedins play 3 on 3. They are so precise and have that weird twin thing going on where they know exactly where the other is. It's fun to watch them.

Loungo holding steady...few softies lately that I'm sure he'd like back.

Good to see Pyatt getting some points...Bulis meh....puck hog,like to see him pass more.

Mitchell has been a great addition and the rest of the D looks OK. Some improvement needed.

Kesler? Hands of stone. Jaysus, he's frustrating to watch, especially knowing what a sweet completely unearned contract he got. I'm not giving up on him yet...took the Sedins 5 years to mature...so Kes has some wiggle room,but I'd like to see better from him pretty quick.

Poor B-Mo.....can't find the net to save his life. I hear he's still not 100% ,and I have a feeling his mental toughness is just not there right now.

Penalties: STOP IT!!! Yes the reffing was suspect last night,but on a whole it's killing them. Pretty hard to generate any offense when you're constantly on the PK.

Anyhow,there ya go Vanny..my latest ramblings on the boys...take em with a grain....knowing that at one time I was calling for the Sedins to be traded...I was so wrong on that one !

Cappy

« Reply #155 on: Oct 21, 2006, 03:09 PM »

trailerchick

Cappy

greenbasterd

« Reply #158 on: Oct 21, 2006, 08:59 PM »
go Canucks go :gocanada:

Cappy

« Reply #159 on: Oct 21, 2006, 09:58 PM »

trailerchick

« Reply #160 on: Oct 22, 2006, 11:09 AM »

Cappy

« Reply #161 on: Oct 22, 2006, 11:36 AM »
Gino was playing here a season and a half ago for Horse Lake. He was standing over me while I was changing a pane of glass. He kept asking me, "Are ya done yet"...man that was intimidating.   8-[

Vancouver

« Reply #162 on: Nov 09, 2006, 02:10 PM »
The word on the street here today is that the Canucks are officially 100% Canadian owned.

Vancouver

« Reply #163 on: Jan 04, 2007, 09:46 AM »
bu-bump :hockey:
How bout them 'Nucks!
Last nights game is worth a bump eh TC. I love shootouts. I especially love when they pass the 3 rounder, and get into 4, 5, 6 rounds. Like last night. SO exciting! I got shivers when Bieksa took his turn in the shootout. Luango ROCKS!

trailerchick

« Reply #164 on: Jan 04, 2007, 05:24 PM »
Great game for us eh? Loungo was steller last night.

Nassy? Not so much. Brutal giveaways and what about overskating the puck during the shootout?

Something is not right with him....I'm sure he's more injured than he's letting on.

Vancouver

« Reply #165 on: Jan 04, 2007, 05:44 PM »
Yup.
Today in the 24 he was voted "most disappointing Canuck" while Luango is our best player, (on your Trousersnakes) Ohlund our best defense, (on my Rain) and Bieksa the most promising (also on my Rain :dancing:) o and WillieMitchell the most under-appreciated Canuck...did you see that?
I think Naslund is more hurt then hes letting on too. No goals in over a month...so unlike him.

trailerchick

« Reply #166 on: Jan 04, 2007, 06:17 PM »
It's nice to be on this win streak. So good to see Burrows finally get his goal.

Was listening to 1040 after game interviews and discovered that a Sedin has a sense of humour.

Shorty: "So Daniel what about that performance from your goaltender tonight?"

Daniel: " It was really lame"

Ha ha...they must have given the cyber twins their emotion chips this year!

pure pimpage

Vancouver

« Reply #167 on: Jan 04, 2007, 06:22 PM »
 :rofl:

Vancouver

« Reply #168 on: Jan 15, 2007, 02:20 PM »
Well I don't wanna jinx us...not that I believe that...but HOW 'BOUT THEM 'NUCKS?
Sure we lost our 7 game win streak against Min. last week, but that STOMP against TO completely made up for it. Still can't get over Luango. Tomorrow night should be interesting...to see how he holds up for us in his hometown...I think its going to make him want to play all the better, on accounta his friends and family will be watching....I see us in the playoffs this season for sure.

trailerchick

« Reply #169 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Close call in practice today. Luongo got smoked in the neck by a puck [way to go Daniel} and dropped like a sack of hammers to the ice. Apparently he says he's OK...sore...but will suit up tommorow night.

Yikes....thank god he seems fine.This is the second time apparently this year this has happened. Guy doesn't like wearing the neck guard ......makes him uncomfortable.
Fair enough...but for close to 7 mil a year,and no viable back-up,I say learn to like it mawfucker!

trailerchick

« Reply #170 on: Jan 19, 2007, 10:51 AM »
Geez,ya know the hockey gods are on your side when Fitzpatrick gets the winning goal!

Vancouver

« Reply #171 on: Feb 01, 2007, 01:10 PM »
Big game in the City tonight!
The Oilers are in town :dancing: :hockey:

Vancouver

« Reply #172 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:34 AM »
owww we SO knocked those Oilers down last night! :dancing:
RappyTorres is a big ol' bully.

trailerchick

« Reply #173 on: Feb 02, 2007, 10:20 AM »
Sedins/Pyatt line looked solid last night.

Naslund...finally!!! What a pretty goal. Here's hoping that was a sign that the ol' nassy is on his way back.

Great to have Mitchell back too.

And of course Luongo Christ...our lord and savior continues to lead us to the promised land.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #174 on: Feb 12, 2007, 10:25 AM »
[youtube=425,350]Zsgidq1Yx2w[/youtube]
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"