Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: TheCanucksThread  (Read 70090 times)

trailerchick

Re: TheCanucksThread
« Reply #125 on: Apr 25, 2006, 09:24 PM »
Hmmm...interesting turn of events. I can honestly say I really didn't see this coming.{although I desired this].

Crow's a good coach,he'll get a job no problem....and I give him and Burke props for leading us out of the Messier/Keenan wilderness years. But I think it was pretty obvious something was not right this last year. Crow's inability to really hold his players accountable was ridiculous. It was like everyone got a free ride this year{except Morrison..his whipping boy].

Just once this year I wanted to see him come out after a game and really let the team have it....but it was always the same shit..."I think we had our chances"...."we need to work a little harder in maintaining our lead"....."I think we did some positive things that we can really build on"....blah blah blah. How can the players respect that? Christ,my grandmother could have scared the Nucks into playing better, more than Crow did!

That said,not all his fault by any means...the team has a lot to answer for as well.

So...who's going to be the next coach? Watch it be Quinn!

trailerchick

Vancouver

« Reply #127 on: Jun 20, 2006, 10:26 PM »
hmm...wonder if this a good thing or a bad thing?

HEY! Can someone please remove the "RIP" in my topic.
Now that the seasons over.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

trailerchick

Re: TheCanucksRIPThread
« Reply #128 on: Jun 20, 2006, 10:36 PM »
be very interesting to see what happens in the next few months....

Anyone else think Jovo is gone?

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #129 on: Jun 20, 2006, 11:03 PM »

For you sweet Carla Vancouver of course.  I managed to change a few. But not all of them  :-k Unless there is a way awesomer mod-button that I have missed somewhere.

Next Year Go Canucks

Canuckguy

« Reply #130 on: Jun 21, 2006, 02:05 AM »
Can't wait to see what changes the nucks make in the off season.
Lead scorer in hockey at the Royal Canadian Institute for the Mentally Insane in Toronto.

Vancouver

« Reply #131 on: Jun 21, 2006, 04:46 PM »

For you sweet Carla Vancouver of course.  I managed to change a few. But not all of them  :-k Unless there is a way awesomer mod-button that I have missed somewhere.

Next Year Go Canucks

there we go.  :D

Thank-you! DavidB, you are way too good to me! :hugs:

trailerchick

« Reply #132 on: Jun 23, 2006, 10:00 PM »
Big trade....

TSN.ca Staff

6/23/2006 10:34:04 PM

The Vancouver Canucks and Florida Panthers have completed a multi-player trade involving some big names on the eve of the NHL Draft.

The Panthers have confirmed that they acquired Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alexander Auld from the Canucks in exchange for Roberto Luongo and Lukas Krajicek and a 2006 sixth round pick.

Luongo is a restricted free agent, and the Panthers had been unable to work out a long-term deal with the star netminder.  The Miami Herald reported on Tuesday that Panthers general manager Mike Keenan said that the team would explore all options when it came to Luongo.

On Friday night, Keenan pulled the trigger on a mega-deal with the Canucks.
Related Info

* Panthers 2006-07 Payroll Commitments
    * Canucks 2006-07 Payroll Commitments

"This is a trade that addresses a number of needs for our hockey club," Keenan said. "We’ve added an experienced and talented forward, a skilled goaltender and a strong defenceman that we expect to help our team immediately."

Following his suspension for attacking Colorado's Steve Moore near the end of the 2004 regular season, Bertuzzi had 25 goals and 71 points last season.  That was a significant drop from his best season in 2002-2003, when he scored 46 goals and 51 assists.

With the Moore incident still resonating, Bertuzzi took a lot of heat in Vancouver last season as the team failed to make the playoffs.

Before news of the deal broke, Canucks GM Dave Nonis made no bones about the fact that he was shopping his assests, including the 31-year-old Bertuzzi.

"He's in the same spot as everyone else, but the media loves to focus on one player," said Nonis of Bertuzzi. "We have a group of players that as a group underachieved which means the majority of those players are available."

The Canucks are hoping that Luongo, 27, is the answer to their goaltending concerns. He  had a 2.97 goals-against average and .914 save percentage last season and has emerged as one of Canada's future stars in international play.

Still, the Panthers finished 11th in the Eastern Conference last season and never made the playoffs during Luongo's five seasons with the team.

The problem of signing him to a long-term deal now rests with Nonis.

Krajicek, 23, has star potential, too.  The former first rounder had 2 goals and 16 points in 67 games last season, but his smooth skating and play-making ability suggest bigger numbers could be on the way.

"We believe that in Roberto we are getting a player who has represented his country at the highest level, has been nominated for the Vezina Trophy and has proven that he is among the elite goaltenders in the world," said Nonis. "Lukas is a young, skilled, puck-moving defenceman who has a very bright future in this League."

Auld, 25, played well in place of injured starter Dan Cloutier last season, but the Canucks obviously felt he was not the answer. As of now, he will be battling Jamie McLennan for the number one job in Florida.

That represents a big drop-off for the Panthers, unless they find another goaltender in free agency starting July 1.

Allen, 25, is another former first rounder, though he has not quite lived up to the potential that made him the fourth overall pick in 1998. At 6-4 and 220 pounds, he has size and strength, but does not have the offensive upside of a potential powerplay quarterback like Krajicek.

Still, Allen contributed 7 goals and 17 points in 77 games last season and was also a +4.

Bye bye Bert........

Canuckguy

« Reply #133 on: Jun 24, 2006, 01:07 AM »
Interesting trade.  Hope Luongo does well for the nucks.  If not theres always a Manitoba Moose goalie to steal from us heheh #-o
Lead scorer in hockey at the Royal Canadian Institute for the Mentally Insane in Toronto.

RumNCoke

« Reply #134 on: Jun 24, 2006, 08:08 AM »
Congratulations Canuks! You finally have a real goalie.

trailerchick

trailerchick

« Reply #136 on: Jul 01, 2006, 01:08 PM »

trailerchick

« Reply #137 on: Jul 01, 2006, 03:15 PM »

trailerchick

« Reply #138 on: Jul 10, 2006, 07:34 PM »
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171001&hubname=

The Vancouver Canucks have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent centre Marc Chouinard to a $2.2-million US, two-year deal, a source confirmed to The Canadian Press on Monday.

The deal will be officially announced either later Monday or possibly not until Tuesday.

The 29-year-old centre had a career-high 14 goals and 16 assists in 74 games with the Minnesota Wild last season and is a solid, two-way player. Chouinard will earn $1.1 million a season.

A good face off guy...meh..it's not an RW....

hmm.....I think there's some kind of trade in the works...

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #139 on: Jul 10, 2006, 07:45 PM »
Are you a player agent TC?  :lol:
I'll hit you up for advise in next years NHL pool
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

trailerchick

« Reply #140 on: Jul 10, 2006, 08:01 PM »
ha ha..no...but I sure would love to be a GM. That would be an awesome job. :D

We have now Morrison,Henrik,Kessler and Cooke at center,with Chiounard that makes 5 for the starting Roster. I'm thinking that one of our C is being shipped...hopefully for a solid RW or 2.
Or free up some cash to get Anson in under the cap?

trailerchick

« Reply #141 on: Sep 06, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Think my boy and I might try and check out camp at 8rinks.

Canucks announce training camp schedule:

Vancouver, B.C. – The Vancouver Canucks announced today the expected rosters of their training camp sessions opening September 8th for Prospects and September 14th for Veteran players. Sixty-seven players are expected to report between the two camps.

Thirty-eight prospects will report to General Motors Place on Friday, September 8th for pre-training camp medicals and testing at 8:00 am.
On September 9, 10, 11 and 12, the Prospects will have on-ice sessions starting at 9:00 am at 8 Rinks.

Main camp will see 29 players report on Thursday, September 14 with medicals and testing for Veterans at 8:00 am. The team then travels to Vernon at 1:15 pm on Thursday and will hold on-ice sessions from September 15 through September 18. With the exception of Sunday, September 17, all on-ice sessions will start at 9:00 am.

The Canucks will hold a Blue/Silver Sunday Scrimmage on September 17, at 11:00am at the Vernon and District Multiplex; the only day during training camp that a team scrimmage will be held.
Tickets for the Blue/Silver Sunday Scrimmage will be sold through the Vernon and District Multiplex for $5.00 per ticket, with all proceeds going to KidSport and the Canucks For Kids Fund.

Admission to practices at 8-Rinks is free and all on-ice sessions are open to the public. Please note rosters are subject to change.

I'm getting pumped for some Hockey!!

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #142 on: Sep 06, 2006, 07:34 PM »
((((Said over PA system during the second period))))

"Hi everybody ! A friendly reminder for tonight's fans is to use two hands on your beer cup from now until you get to your car and CANUCKS RULE !!!!!!"

Boy I wish I could do that some day. :P
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2006, 07:57 PM by SgtMeowsteen »
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Ole Dirty

« Reply #143 on: Sep 06, 2006, 07:44 PM »
My Boss is a Canucks fan, I am a Bruins fan...Sadly we are the only two hockey fans in our department. We've started trash talking each other two days after I got hired...I can't imagine the shit that will hit the fan when this season starts...
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

trailerchick

« Reply #144 on: Sep 06, 2006, 07:54 PM »
LOL...I hear ya. One of my co-workers is a Leafs fan. The trashtalk is in full force already. It's gettin ugly. Like the other day...when he called Luongo a pussy and I had to stab him in the eye with my pen.

Good times.  :D

Shit machine gun

« Reply #145 on: Sep 06, 2006, 07:56 PM »
I hang out with a dozen or so guys here and maybe 2 even care about sports.  That's why I turn to you crazy folks at the internet to be my friends.

Go Habs Go.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Ole Dirty

« Reply #146 on: Sep 06, 2006, 07:57 PM »
LOL...I hear ya. One of my co-workers is a Leafs fan. The trashtalk is in full force already. It's gettin ugly. Like the other day...when he called Luongo a pussy and I had to stab him in the eye with my pen.

all my in-laws are fucking Leafs fans....I made my brother-in-law nearly cry the day I got his daughter to put on my Bruins jersey, and give the #1 finger to the camera....I e-mailed the picture to him at work. The puss nearly cried seeing his daughter wear a jersey that wasn't the Leafs jersey, he even threatened to ground her for it, until the wife stepped in and cracked the whip on his candy ass.
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #147 on: Sep 06, 2006, 08:00 PM »

See ! Trailerchick shows mercy ! It was just an eye !  He lucky !

Go Habs Go.

My heart is torn. I like the Habs too because my Grandpa did.
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Vancouver

« Reply #148 on: Sep 06, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Like the other day...when he called Luongo a pussy and I had to stab him in the eye with my pen.

FFFFWAHHHHA!! THATS fackin hilarious!
Hey way ta resurrect this thread lady! I too am gettin all giddy for this hockey season :D
GOOOOO Canucks!

trailerchick

« Reply #149 on: Sep 13, 2006, 04:35 PM »
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177386&hubname=nhl

Goodbye Anson...hope you rot in Columbus.