Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: PM question  (Read 2165 times)

Saucy Bastard

PM question
« on: Jan 06, 2006, 05:03 PM »
In my profile , there is an option to show pop ups for PMs . On the old forum , a big pop up would come up for new pms , but I can't seem to get that to work on this new forum , just the notification at the top of the page ,right above my "total time wasted" stats.

Is there any way to get a little window for notification?
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

bigbenjamin

Re: PM question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2006, 05:20 PM »
I dunno Rev. Saucy, mine is at the top of every page, below "user info" and in the middle of that line of green buttons (green in the "weed flavoured rum" skin anyway), between "profile" and "calendar". It sez "private msgs" and it flashes every time I get a PM.

anybody else? cheers

Canuckguy

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2006, 09:11 PM »
The guys on the SMF board are pretty good at reporting bugs so they will probably fix it with the next board release.

EvilTwin

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2006, 03:33 AM »
I dunno Rev. Saucy, mine is at the top of every page, below "user info" and in the middle of that line of green buttons (green in the "weed flavoured rum" skin anyway), between "profile" and "calendar". It sez "private msgs" and it flashes every time I get a PM.

anybody else? cheers

Same thing as BB, and I get a notice sent to my email.

Canuckguy

« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2006, 04:06 AM »
the more gimped members dont get popups cause of your status in the org.........once you post something useful we'll fix the popups for u :irishtoast:

cat-dog

« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2006, 02:45 PM »
I believe I changed the code for the board in the message notification area to 'mimic' the old site, showing a text message in the status bar - basically I replaced the popup feature with the status bar thing. I'll see how difficult (also if I can remember where) it will be to remedy this.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2006, 03:15 PM »
I believe I changed the code for the board in the message notification area to 'mimic' the old site, showing a text message in the status bar - basically I replaced the popup feature with the status bar thing. I'll see how difficult (also if I can remember where) it will be to remedy this.

I don't have that message in the status bar anymore.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2006, 04:50 PM »
the more gimped members dont get popups cause of your status in the org.........once you post something useful we'll fix the popups for u :irishtoast:

:D  If I'm a gimp , where the heck is my gag  ball and leather mask!!
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?