Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: the Toronto Maple Leafs thread  (Read 48197 times)

RumNCoke

Re: the Toronto Maple Leafs thread
« Reply #25 on: Jan 10, 2006, 04:27 PM »
They're playing us tonite and it'll be the last time we see them for the next 3 years. Harsh 'eh. This whole new schedule.

What!? The Leafs won't play in Vancouver for the next three seasons? Where did you find this out?

hellfire24

« Reply #26 on: Jan 10, 2006, 05:51 PM »
yeah vancouver i think u miight wanna look into that, i think u way off the mark, and its VERY unlikely that would happen, but if u can prove me wrong do it.
Futhermore,

Canuks suck. They only reason they won that game against calgary (the only one they have been able to win i might add) was because of shitty refereeing. It was such a gong show

PS. Vancouver isnt a bad team, they are acually a good team, but compared to calgary they suck :P :beeer:

Vancouver

« Reply #27 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:38 PM »
this guy 'eh...hey hellfire, I never said your team sucks, as much as was thinkin it.
umm....ok Ill check my facts. phuk.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Vancouver

« Reply #28 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:44 PM »
ok. I re-checked my facts...it just so happens this is the first time in 2 years T.O has been here, and they will not be back for 3 YEARS. Now PROVE ME WRONG. (ya shoulda checked first, before ya told me I was "wayoff mark."
cheers!

ps. if your goalie was out for the whole fackin season, your team wouldn't be so hot either.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2006, 06:52 PM by Vancouver »

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #29 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:11 PM »
Vancouver's right.  next year the Leafs will play against one of the other two Western Conference divisions (on the road), and the following year they wil play the third, before going back to the Northwest division in 3 years.

i'm not so sure i like this schedule, esp when it means playing the Sens 2 more times, lol.
"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

Vancouver

« Reply #30 on: Jan 11, 2006, 11:19 AM »
 :dancing:
of course Im right. I DO live here, and it WAS the talk-of-the-town yesterday...anywho, we beatcha :D

RumNCoke

« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2006, 04:55 PM »
Vancouver's right.  next year the Leafs will play against one of the other two Western Conference divisions (on the road), and the following year they wil play the third, before going back to the Northwest division in 3 years.

i'm not so sure i like this schedule, esp when it means playing the Sens 2 more times, lol.

I guess it'll save the team money on travel expenses, not that I give a shit.

#-o Great, that's just what the Leafs need, more games against the Senators.

hellfire24

« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2006, 10:53 PM »
ok. I re-checked my facts...it just so happens this is the first time in 2 years T.O has been here, and they will not be back for 3 YEARS. Now PROVE ME WRONG. (ya shoulda checked first, before ya told me I was "wayoff mark."
cheers!

ps. if your goalie was out for the whole fackin season, your team wouldn't be so hot either.
Well good on ya :beeer: But im my opinion that is the stupid most fucked up thing. Every team should play every other team at LEAST once. Oh and if our goalie was out the whole season, we would still have a good chance. Mika might be better but Sauve is still very talented. And furthermore, Kiprusoff is playing with an injury. He has hip problems and bowed out of the olymics to give it a rest for the playoffs. Now that ladies and gentelmen is dedication.

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2006, 11:39 PM »
BOOOO
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

trailerchick

« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2006, 11:20 AM »
Yup...the new schedule totally sucks.God,I'm so tired of playing the same 5 fricken teams over and over.
I could be wrong,but I don't think we see Sid the Kid in Vancouver until at least next season or even the next one. How stupid is Bettman? You want to sell the "New NHL"? Try making sure all cities get a chance to see the Kid play. He's supposed to be the "future' of the league"....might be wise to market him a little better.

Prediction.

TO does not get pass Ottawa this year and Vancouver does not make it past Calgary.

To,has great goaltending and a few really good youngsters coming up...not to mention Pogee and Rask in the future. Not enough for this year though.
And the Nucks,are just spiraling.....I don't know whats wrong with them,but I smell the shit winds of change coming if things don't improve.

RumNCoke

« Reply #35 on: Jan 13, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Prediction.

TO does not get pass Ottawa this year and Vancouver does not make it past Calgary.

To,has great goaltending and a few really good youngsters coming up...not to mention Pogee and Rask in the future. Not enough for this year though.

I don't want the Leafs to face Ottawa this year in the playoffs. Statistically speaking the Sens are due to win sooner or later - especially with the team they've got this year. If the Leafs are destined to be eliminated from the playoffs I'd rather it be at the hands of another team.

I'm encouraged the Leafs have some good prospects. Many players on the current roster don't have much time left. GO LEAFS GO!

RumNCoke

« Reply #36 on: Jan 15, 2006, 07:42 AM »
Fuckin’ Leafs!  :x You never know what you’re going to get with those boys. A few year ago the Leafs were playing the Blues and had a 5 - 0 lead going into the 3rd period. The Blues came back to tie the game and then win it in overtime. I was never able to look at a Leaf lead the same way again. Last night was a similar example. Like I said before the Leafs are the most frustrating team to cheer for. GO LEAFS GO!

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #37 on: Jan 16, 2006, 03:42 PM »
If you can call Cloutier a goalie... I would put him on the same page as Lalime when he played for the Sens - average goalie, shakey confidence and is never gonna win the big games.  Maybe they will trade for Raycroft or someone else.  Auld is lookin' like he may be long term... 
Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #38 on: Jan 16, 2006, 03:46 PM »
I would hate to be a hockey fan in Finland though.  You can't say that he is dedicated to the Finnish National Team... oh well...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

hellfire24

« Reply #39 on: Jan 16, 2006, 04:45 PM »
yeah, from what i heard the finnish arn't too happy with the decision. But its still great for Calgary, it the dont lose and more freakin games. That better just be a minor slump they went through

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #40 on: Jan 18, 2006, 03:28 PM »
How about the Laughers gettin' beat handily by the Avs last night - oh well.  They should beat the Wild tonight, if I was a betting many, I would say that the Wild win tonight 4-3 (Sundin scores with the extrat attacker in the final minute - too little too late)  :lol:

elle*

« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2006, 04:20 PM »
i was scared for a second or two last night that the leafs were going to beat colorado but no need to worry because they pulled through as suspected.  GO AVS!!   :clap:
"Can you read son?"
"That depends, can you go fuck yourself?" - Bubbles

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7989/userbar187833rm.gif[/img]

RumNCoke

« Reply #42 on: Jan 18, 2006, 05:04 PM »
I'm annoyed that they've had trouble maintaining a lead as of late. GO LEAFS GO!

Cappy

« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Just like to be a dick and point out hat the Sens are killing your leaves tonight.   :moon:

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #44 on: Jan 21, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Yeah even the wife is switching over to a rerun of L&O
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

RumNCoke

« Reply #45 on: Jan 21, 2006, 08:18 PM »
Leaf haters, please be merciful tonight. Yes, I know they're being obliterated again. I already feel like shit and you'd only be kicking me when I'm down.

RumNCoke

« Reply #46 on: Jan 21, 2006, 08:41 PM »
Well at least tonight the Leafs were able to keep the score below 8. That's an improvement from the last two times they played against the Sens. *slams fist on desk* FUCK! FUCKIN' COCKSUCKERS!

Angry Moose

« Reply #47 on: Jan 21, 2006, 08:46 PM »
Leaf haters, please be merciful tonight. Yes, I know they're being obliterated again. I already feel like shit and you'd only be kicking me when I'm down.
Well at least tonight the Leafs were able to keep the score below 8. That's an improvement from the last two times they played against the Sens.

There isn't anything left to say really.  :mrgreen:

Cappy

« Reply #48 on: Jan 21, 2006, 09:48 PM »
I show no mercy.....BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

7 - 0

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #49 on: Jan 23, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Any prognostications for the Leafs Sens tilt tonight?

Heatley - 3g 1a
Hasek - Back to back shutouts
Final score - 6-0 for the Sens
Domi gets pounded by McGratton, I mean pounded!

Well at least the Leafs gave their fans a glimmer of hope about making the playoffs this year.  I knew they would come back down to earth after a while.  Who knows, maybe they have a miracle up their sleeve.