Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: the Toronto Maple Leafs thread  (Read 47451 times)

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
Re: the Toronto Maple Leafs thread
« Reply #100 on: Mar 08, 2006, 06:35 PM »
continuing with recent tradition, the Leafs aquire another aged defenceman prior to the trade deadline, aquiring 35 year old Luke Richardson from Columbus for a 5th round pick and a conditional 4th rounder.
"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #101 on: Mar 08, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Leafs trade Ken Klee to New Jersey for prospect Alexander Suglobov
"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

shake

« Reply #102 on: Mar 08, 2006, 08:27 PM »
I like Richardson, at least they lost another aged defenseman in Klee.  That what the Leafs need more Ontario boys, not more Europeans.

Actually I wouldn't mind if they traded all their older players for prospects and draft picks, they ain't gonna do it with their present lot, they need to rebuild.

trailerchick

« Reply #103 on: Mar 09, 2006, 07:54 PM »
I really thought Toronto was going to do alot more today.

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #104 on: Mar 10, 2006, 01:10 PM »
I wish I could go watch all the Leafs games and sit in a box and keep my hands in my pockets like Ferguson.  Essentially that is all that he is doing on top of making a nice salary for being a terrible GM.  The Leafs are almost looking like they did in the Ballard days, no hope in hell...
Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #105 on: Mar 10, 2006, 04:20 PM »
i don't know who i should be more upset with; Fergie or Peddie.  when Ballard kicked it i really thought the days of horrific mismanagement were over.  boy was i wrong.

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #106 on: Mar 10, 2006, 07:22 PM »
does anyone have the photoshop skillz to put coke-bottle glasses on this pic of Fergie?

you know it has to happen!

[attachment deleted by admin]

RumNCoke

« Reply #107 on: Mar 12, 2006, 12:00 PM »
^^^ That's hilarious. He'll look just like Bubbles.

It's nice to see the Blue and White playing better as of late, despite how the season may end.

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #108 on: Mar 13, 2006, 09:20 AM »
...I think maybe the Leafs let this guy into the dressing room a few too many times and he may be responsible for the team not making the playoffs

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #109 on: Mar 24, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Muahahaha!!! Canadiens hammer Leafs 5-1!

Follow me: @MattRichBedard

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #110 on: Mar 25, 2006, 08:50 PM »
good.  if they weren't going to (or obviously, anywhere near able to) win both games against Montreal, i'm glad they lost both.  and to be embarrassed in both games is only fitting.  what a brutal year.  i can only hope that heads will roll all the way up to the team's president.  for the love of all things holy.

please Montreal, make the playoffs and knock Ottawa out of the first round.   

please.  thanks in advance.

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #111 on: Mar 25, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Mabey it's just me, but does anyone else think that this should be Pat Quinn's last season as coach?
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #112 on: Mar 25, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Mabey it's just me, but does anyone else think that this should be Pat Quinn's last season as coach?

it should be the last season for

Richard Peddie as President
John Ferguson as GM
Pat Quinn as coach

don't get me started on what player changes should be made

maddog

« Reply #113 on: Mar 25, 2006, 11:10 PM »
leafs got thare ass kicked by the habs  8) i don't think that toronto is gunna make the playoffs thats good thow cus if it were the canucks and the leafs in the the finals vancover would be out

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #114 on: Mar 26, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Damn, did any of you see Rivet put Sundin in a headlock from behind and lay him on the ice. That was pretty funny :lol: Then after that Kovalev totally leveled Tucker lol. It was a good rough game of hockey, which is what I like to see :)
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #115 on: Mar 27, 2006, 09:58 AM »
That damn cheap shot Tucker up to his old tricks again.  I am so glad Kovalev gave him a little taste of elbow pad!  That was the third obvious elbow that Tucker threw that game.  That guy has always been a loud mouth, whining, cheap shot - always has been, alwasy will be!  Here are some players that are on their way out:

Antropov
McCabe
Domi
Wilm
Richardson
Berg
Belfour
O'Neill
Lindros
Allison

No to mention Quinn will be gone, possibly that no-mind GM, John Ferguson Jr.  He has absolutely no idea what he is doing!

RumNCoke

« Reply #116 on: Mar 28, 2006, 05:50 AM »
Jason Allison is out indefinitely with a broken bone in his hand. Holy Jeez, in terms of injuries and team performance this is one of the worst seasons in a long while. Yup, not a good season to be a Leafs fan.

RumNCoke

« Reply #117 on: Mar 29, 2006, 05:46 AM »
Ah the Leafs; the NHL's most confusing, inconsistent team. Let me get this straight: they get annihilated twice by Montreal, only to win their next two games against New Jersey and Philadelphia.

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #118 on: Mar 29, 2006, 11:50 AM »
We will have to see how well they do this Saturday when they take on the Sabres at the ACC.  Buffalo has had their number and with their speed and skill I would think we will have a repeat of what the Habs were able to do to them...

GO SENS GO!

RumNCoke

« Reply #119 on: Mar 29, 2006, 04:19 PM »
I hope the Leafs can win at least one game against the Sabres. I heard many analysts say the Leafs have looked a lot speedier because Allison is out of the line-up. Who knows? At least the games are in Toronto. The Leafs absolutely cannot win in Buffalo. The Sabres are currently on a 6-game loosing streak and I fear a mini-series against the Leafs is the cure. I hope I'm wrong.

BOO SENS BOO!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #120 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:24 AM »
Allison is out for the season now.  Good thing they won't need him for the playoffs.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #121 on: Mar 30, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Why is everyone on Allison's case in Leafland - hey, maybe the guy can't skate but he can sure pass the puck and set up whatever limited talent is going to skate on his wings. 

How 'bout the Leafs bring back a line consisting of Lonny Bohonos - Brandon Convery - Jonas Hoglund

They will get the job done!

;)

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #122 on: Mar 31, 2006, 01:20 AM »
Why is everyone on Allison's case in Leafland

if you took away his powerplay points (39), Allison has only 21 even-strength points.  not a lot from your second-line center.

yes he's a good playmaker and is strong on the puck, but he's far too slow to be a one or two centreman in the new NHL.  if he was willing to resign for less that a mil i'd consider bringing him back, but he wouldn't; and that's probably a good thing.

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #123 on: Mar 31, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Interesting perspective on Allison's point breakdown.  That being said, Chad Kilger has the most even strength points for your team, that indicates that the problem goes a little bit deeper.  Tucker and Sundin are your only 20+ goal scorers and there are 10 games left in the season - the Leafies have a lot of problems.  That being said, do the Leafs have anything positive going for them?

trailerchick

« Reply #124 on: Mar 31, 2006, 11:07 AM »
A freind of mine in TO sent me these...thought they were funny....especially the 2nd one. Not ragging on the Leafs.It's all in good fun....