Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: New Colour Scheme  (Read 3019 times)

cat-dog

New Colour Scheme
« on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:46 PM »
For those of you looking on the lighter side of things, the buck doesn't stop here! As per some user requests, I've been working on a selectable "Style" for users who are tired of the dark-looking forums (or just need a change).

To test out the lighter forum style, click on Profile, and scroll down to the preferences section. Look for "Board Style:" near the bottom of the list, and you should notice a drop-down menu with the options "thepark" and "litepark" - Choose "litepark" for the new & bright layout, or "thepark" if you'd like to switch back, etc..

Notice: This style is still being tested, and I am planning on re-doing some buttons & changing the way it looks.. and will be actively working on it (so if it messes up on you, it's either broken, or myself working on it)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

fuck_offer

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:50 PM »
Real nice cat-dog, not my favorite ut still very nice, keep up the good work.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:56 PM »
I;ve always prefered dark backgrounds and light text, in the words of maddox, as much as you;d like it to be a computer isn't a piece of paper, so a while of staring at a bright white background is like reading with a light right behind the paper.
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

cat-dog

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2004, 12:12 AM »
Quote from: Detriot Velvet Smooth
I;ve always prefered dark backgrounds and light text, in the words of maddox, as much as you;d like it to be a computer isn't a piece of paper, so a while of staring at a bright white background is like reading with a light right behind the paper.

I know what you mean, hence the black background on the original design. Different strokes for different folks though, and you can't please everyone (but you can try!). I think its a good idea to give the option, and hopefully will be adding a few more over the next little while, so if you don't like either of these.. PM me ideas for colours, and I'll do my best to get it right :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Detriot Velvet Smooth

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2004, 12:16 AM »
I tried the layout, but I'm just so used to this one. Would it be possible for people to choose just their background and text colours, becuase I like the other lay out, even though it seems to take longer to load

cat-dog

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2004, 12:19 AM »
Quote from: Detriot Velvet Smooth
Would it be possible for people to choose just their background and text colours, becuase I like the other lay out, even though it seems to take longer to load

I'll have to look into seeing if there's an addon to do that, as most of the colours are hardcoded into each style. Really not sure if it'll be a possibility though.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2004, 12:22 AM »
well other than that a dark grey background would be a nice change but still a netrual colour

EDIT: I actually think this new scheme is reall good, if nothing else it's a change and in the words of a wise trailer park supervisor...A change is a good as a rest.

However, the Preview Submit buttons seem to be switched around in the post reply/new topic and just out of habit I kept hitting preview untill I actually looked down lol

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
New Colour Scheme
« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2004, 10:50 PM »
Nice, but I still say we go with Blue and white.  :D
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

shake

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2004, 10:55 PM »
Quote from: BoTTleKid
Nice, but I still say we go with Blue and white.  :D

It would make us Leafs fans feel at home.

bigbenjamin

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2004, 10:08 PM »
Why is this ancient topic at the top of our "Latest Forum Posts"? Could we return to the way this worked before? This is confusing. Sorry, just hate needless clutter and confusion. 8-[ -Cheers.

shake

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #10 on: Sep 20, 2004, 10:13 PM »
Ben it is explained in the sticky above...

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=526

bigbenjamin

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2004, 10:18 PM »
Quote from: shake

c.d.:"If you are, that means you have not yet registered. Registering is FREE, and allows you to access more content that just the News / Announcements section."
I am much more than "registerd" - I still wonder why we don't have the titles of the most recent topics in that window, rather than stuff weeks old. :roll: .

cat-dog

New Colour Scheme
« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2004, 11:27 PM »
Quote from: bigbenjamin
Quote from: shake

c.d.:"If you are, that means you have not yet registered. Registering is FREE, and allows you to access more content that just the News / Announcements section."
I am much more than "registerd" - I still wonder why we don't have the titles of the most recent topics in that window, rather than stuff weeks old. :roll: .

As you might have read, I had done some extra security, as GES & friends were relaying discussions here onto the Showcase board. The forums were made available to registered users only, so with the news script I am using for the main page is only able to view the forums that are public.

I think I've pretty much blocked their access to the site though. So maybe I'll try changing the security settings again, or maybe start thinking of re-designing the main site layout to not include recent forum posts (although I really enjoy the feature myself).. not sure what to do. I'll have to sleep on it I think.

Sorry about the inconvenience :(

You can always get a list of the most recent posts since your last visit though, "View posts since last visit" on the main page, or just bookmark this url in the meantime: http://www.trailerparkboys.org/phpbb/search.php?search_id=newposts

Once again, sorry.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
New Colour Scheme
« Reply #13 on: Sep 24, 2004, 09:23 AM »
Any word on a new colour scheme, cat dog? -chants blue & white-
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-