Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Chris Brothers pepperoni  (Read 20745 times)

Gr8full

Chris Brothers pepperoni
« on: Dec 06, 2005, 02:04 PM »
 I found this site by accident while searching for something else and noticed all the talk about Chris Brothers pepperoni. I did a search and it seems a lot of folks would love to know where to find it in your area. Well that I can't help you with but since nobody mentioned it I figured I would register to give all Canadians a heads up. Chris Brothers has a website http://www.chrisbrothers.com/index.php and you can order their pepperoni and jerky there. They ship all over Canada. The pepperoni comes in 2kg packages and you can mix and match the different varieties.I'm a transplanted Nova Scotianer (Dartmouth) and have been in Ottawa for the last 10 yrs. When I found the website last year I told the people at work how good it was and most of them wanted to try it. Well they are all hooked now. We ordered about 150 lbs last Xmas (10 lbs for me alone). I'm getting my friends together this year and we're placing an order. They felt a little left out last year,lol.Anyway it's $22.00 to ship to Ontario and it doesn't matter if it's 1 or 10 2kg packages so a tip is to get a group together if you are going to order and divide the shipping up. Of course it will be more expensive the further west you are but still worth it once you bite into one of those delicious sticks. :D

P.S. I hope my post is of some use to you so you too can enjoy the best pepperoni on the planet.

PEislander

Re: Chris Brothers pepperoni
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2005, 02:19 PM »
that shit tastes good on homemade pizzas....

pm

shake

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Thanks for the info Gr8full, that should make a lot of people happy, or should I say grateful.  I posted here before that I was able to find Chris Brothers at a Sobeys here in Ottawa, but people in other parts of the country couldn't find it in their area.  People from Halifax believe that their pepperoni, Brothers, as opposed to Chris Brothers of Cole Harbour is the best pepperoni.  They are very close, and one company just broke away from the other.  They serve Brothers pepperoni at the Marquee parties.

As for the best pepperoni in the world, I think would be Horyl’s out of New Waterford, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.  It looks more like pepperoni than Brother’s and tastes even better.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2005, 02:34 PM »
But really, can you go wrong with any kind of pepperoni?

Delicious, colon binding pepperoni.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Ole Dirty

« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2005, 02:55 PM »
They sell Chris Brother's Pepperoni at the Superstores in Nova Scotia. When I used to work for The Superstore, Rappy and I used to spend about 5 or 6 bucks in Chris Brother's Pepperoni each lunch....and one of us would always say to the other one..."FUCK!!! That's Good Pepperoni!!!"

"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

roadtriprob

« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2005, 03:16 PM »
They sell Chris Brother's Pepperoni at the Superstores in Nova Scotia. When I used to work for The Superstore, Rappy and I used to spend about 5 or 6 bucks in Chris Brother's Pepperoni each lunch....and one of us would always say to the other one..."FUCK!!! That's Good Pepperoni!!!"

good it's GRRRRREAT! I was home to N.S. this summer and froze 20 feet for the trip home . The boys went wild over it. Thanks for the link Gr8full.

BUYER BEWARE Brothers Pepperoni is not the same!!
Road trip. The ultimate survival game. Where men can be boys!

hunnerbun

« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2005, 08:02 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on that site...when I was home in January this year I flew home with 10 lbs in my carry on!  It only lasts so long, and it is the best on homemade pizza.

As for the best pepperoni in the world, I think would be Horyl’s out of New Waterford, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.  It looks more like pepperoni than Brother’s and tastes even better.

I gotta agree with you theer shake...their sausages are awesome too!
My God...what a drunk horror show!

BC Babe

• my store!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2005, 12:07 PM »
Mmmm that's makin me hungry! Aw man, now I have to cook something  :?  :P :beeer:
Yeah, whatever.....

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2005, 01:44 PM »
When I googled "Chris Brothers pepperoni" the first hit was a link to this topic on the ORG  :lol: :lol:
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Gr8full

« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2005, 05:51 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on Sobeys carrying it here in Ottawa.I went to the Barrhaven store and picked up a bunch of packages.Kinda small and all they had was mild but good enough to calm a craving until I order some of those 2kg packages and get my honey garlic. :D

knocknock

« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2005, 06:55 AM »
its a shame they dont export it downunder
just looking at there pepperoni i can tell its better than what we get,ours is usually filled with chunks of white fat
Fuck off

"long live the org"--Mike Clattenburg

shake

« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on Sobeys carrying it here in Ottawa.I went to the Barrhaven store and picked up a bunch of packages.Kinda small and all they had was mild but good enough to calm a craving until I order some of those 2kg packages and get my honey garlic. :D

No problem Gr8ful, so you are in Ottawa eh.  I haven't been there for awhile but I have seen mild and hot there.

KarateCollie

« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2005, 12:54 PM »
There is a Chris Bothers store in Bedford just off of Hammonds Plains Rd. as you approach the lights on the Bedford highway. Apparently there is one just off of Sackville Drive in Lwr. Sackville as well, not sure where it's located exactly .
KarateCollie

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2005, 11:27 PM »
its a shame they dont export it downunder
just looking at there pepperoni i can tell its better than what we get,ours is usually filled with chunks of white fat

Yeah it's a shame that they do not export down here either  :( Damn that pepperoni looks delicious  =P~

Shit machine gun

« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2005, 12:46 PM »
So I'm in Ottawa and decide to make a special trip to the nearest Sobey's.  Lo and behold, what do my wonderous eyes should appear, but 3 packs of Chris Brothers Pepperoni.  I bought out the last of it.  My first experience with it and my fuck was it good. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

shake

« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2005, 01:16 PM »
That’s hot :)

I’ll be in Dartmouth for Christmas, I'll be able to get my fill there.  I mentioned before that they were very similar but I prefer Brothers over Chris Brothers (and Horyls is the best). 

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2005, 08:50 AM »
I was watching the ATN news on Rogers timeshifting last night with the G/F [after living in Halifax for years she likes to keep up with their "local" news] and what comes on during a commercial break but a "Merry Christmas" commerical from Chris Brothers Pepporoni lol!  She the then went on to rant about how good it was and how many bars in the area serve it fried as an appetizer!  Now I've just GOT to try this stuff :).

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2005, 08:53 AM »
Okay - so exactly HOW good is this pepperoni? Reason I ask is that 2kg is C$22 + C$33 shipping for a total of C$55 plus taxes for 2 kg [or about 4.5 pounds for all our fine US trailer park residents ;)[.  Now don't get me wrong - I LOVE pepporoni but I can get some mightly fine black angus steak for that price.  Should I pull the trigger on this one?

Shit machine gun

« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2005, 05:29 PM »
It's some of the best pepperoni I've had, but I wouldn't pay for the shipping.  If you can find a Sobeys or one of their other chain stores, they might have some.

Where do you live DAF?

I HATE Conky

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #19 on: Dec 18, 2005, 06:49 PM »
In in T.O. about 2 km for a big ass Sobey's store.  Thanks for the heads up on that one SMG - I'll try to swing by after work one day this week and check out the pepperoni situation :).

Gr8full

« Reply #20 on: Dec 18, 2005, 10:16 PM »
 Like I mentioned in my first post one tip is to get a group together if you are going to order and divide the shipping up.I'm pretty sure the shipping price stays the same if you order 1 package or 10.At least it did when I did a test run through their online order form.Only $22.00 for delivery here in Ottawa.

Seems all that can be found in the Sobeys are small packages of mild and hot.If you order you also get the choices of Cheese,TNT,and Honey Garlic as well as beef jerky if that floats your boat.

SchoonerPixie

« Reply #21 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:05 PM »
 I BARTEND AT A CLUB THAT SELLS CB's PEPPERONI, AND EVERYTIME I GO TO GET A FROSTY GLASS, I THINK I AM GOING TO FUCKIN SCREAM.. LOL NO MORE PEPPERONI PLEASE!

PS: I DID THINK IT WAS GREAT BEFORE I STARTED WORKING THIS JOB!

CHEERS,

SCHOONER PIXIE
Schooner Pixie

Shit machine gun

« Reply #22 on: Feb 22, 2006, 08:15 AM »
I am in the Maritimes now and got to try the other flavours.  Didn't like the honey garlic.  The rest is great.

I HATE Conky

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #23 on: Feb 22, 2006, 06:46 PM »
I want JulianRocks to bust out with some of that Pepperoni when she makes me chicken fingers at her restaurant !!!! :P

That stuff is going in my suitcase back to Arizona for the ol' man :D
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2006, 06:48 PM by SgtMeowsteen »
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #24 on: Apr 10, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Sorry about the 2 year bump on this one but I was in Dartmouth last week and brought back a $15 package of mild back to Ontario. Quality pepperoni as a snack and I'll try it on my home made pizza before I run out.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0